Should Asajj have more potency

Prev1
Pyramidshawn
871 posts Member
edited March 2016
Her go-to ability is Strike Fear, yet she only has 40% potency when max geared.

I am not sure how the math works, but she gets resisted more often than not in the end game, which makes the ability all but useless considering she has such low hp (little over 10K), so she is either dead or full hp and rarely anywhere in between.

I bring this up because I am trying to focus on a dispel squad to counter some of the teams at the top of my bracket and I am sure a lot of other people are as well.

Thoughts
Post edited by Pyramidshawn on

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I agree - nothing is worse than impotent heroes.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I agree - nothing is worse than impotent heroes.
    lol what? Asajj is barren?

Anyways...there is no need for my maxed out Asajj to get beach slapped by GS and robot guys
  • I wish this thread would get more attention :/
  • As a long time Asajj user, she's pretty good as is. The only thing that needs to be changed is the AI needs to be smarter.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Wetwurx
    193 posts Member
    I'm a long time Asajj user as well. She was my first 7*. I would make the argument she should be faster more than anything. Her speed has got to be about the slowest in the game. I understand she can't be as fast as Dooku to keep her balanced cause she does hit hard but she is too slow. Either she needs more speed or more health so she can at least make it to her first turn without already being in the red.
  • I feel her Strike Fear ability should be completely redone as of late.
  • Wetwurx wrote: »
    I'm a long time Asajj user as well. She was my first 7*. I would make the argument she should be faster more than anything. Her speed has got to be about the slowest in the game.

Yes, but being slow is not the worst thing considering the dispel is only beneficial when your opponent has had time to generate a buff.

• Cazaan
    32 posts Member
    Asajj is pretty useless :-( low dmg, low hp and low speed. At least one of it should be high to make her useful...
  • VicSetac wrote: »
    I feel her Strike Fear ability should be completely redone as of late.

Good find, Edited OP
  • I would like to see her get a small speed buff. I don't use her, but I know she's nigh useless in the current state of the meta because of her lackluster speed.
  • Cazaan wrote: »
    Asajj is pretty useless :-( low dmg, low hp and low speed. At least one of it should be high to make her useful...

Her damage is great.
  • Her damage is very good-one of the strongest aoes around, critting around 5k with rampage up and no bonus leadership.

Strike Fear needs to be redone indeed-if not a new skill entirely, then at least change the health gain from it to something different. I posted elsewhere that her low hp, good damage, and massive life steal made a self heal completely redundant. One Endless Wrath and she pretty much gets a full heal, or at least back into the green. How about it has a chance to apply a debuff for each buff removed? Offense down so she'll last longer, speed down so she can get another turn in, something.

Her lackluster potency makes a party buff removal impractical, although one is needed in this game. She simply may not be the right character for it.

If I could only change one thing, it'd be for Rampage to guarantee TM gain and offense up. It would be far better than a chance for the slowest character in the game to become one of the slowest characters in the game. If she's leader, her poor speed is less noticeable. If you're not running a NS team, their simply isn't much of a reason to use her (although I do).
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    VicSetac wrote: »

Good find, Edited OP

With her self buffs her AOE is one of the best in the game.

I think her biggest failing is her AI on defense. Too often she uses her special with no opposing buffs to cleanse, and commonly cleansing her own buffs.

@cosmicturtle333 runs a full NS team and has posted several videos of it.
  • Telaan wrote: »

Good find, Edited OP

I think her biggest failing is her AI on defense. Too often she uses her special with no opposing buffs to cleanse, and commonly cleansing her own buffs.

She doesn't "cleanse" her own buffs with Strike Fear. Rampage offers its buff for "one action" meaning if she gets called for an assist, she will attack and lose the buff. It just so happens that using Strike Fear counts as an action, so the buff goes bye bye.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Telaan wrote: »

Good find, Edited OP

She doesn't "cleanse" her own buffs with Strike Fear. Rampage offers its buff for "one action" meaning if she gets called for an assist, she will attack and lose the buff. It just so happens that using Strike Fear counts as an action, so the buff goes bye bye.

You're absolutely right. Just a figure of speech playing on her "cleanse".
  • She's a dirty girl that's for sure.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    She's a dirty girl that's for sure.

Lmao! This could go in so many directions right now.

• Her lackluster potency makes a party buff removal impractical, although one is needed in this game. She simply may not be the right character for it.

She is the exact character for it. Opposition can kill her if they don't want to be dispelled since she is slow. Therefor making her priority in some cases and giving her purpose.

And obviously on offence it makes perfect sense, as she could counter all of this taunting and offence up we see at the top of every bracket.
  • Annastrasza
    1766 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    She's a dirty girl that's for sure.
  • OlBillyRiley
    184 posts Member
    edited March 2016

Her lackluster potency makes a party buff removal impractical, although one is needed in this game. She simply may not be the right character for it.

She is the exact character for it. Opposition can kill her if they don't want to be dispelled since she is slow. Therefor making her priority in some cases and giving her purpose.

And obviously on offence it makes perfect sense, as she could counter all of this taunting and offence up we see at the top of every bracket.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. Her potency does not guarantee a successful cleanse. Too many times (even against low tenacity tanks like chewie) they resist the dispel. Couple that with the fact that she is very slow and has little health means that if you fail to cleanse, she won't likely get another attack in before she dies.

I understand that you want her to go after the toons that apply the buffs, but like I said it's unreliable. She simply isn't meant to be a cleanse-character to me. Seriously. What synergy does that skill have with her kit? High damage, low speed, TM gain on kill, buff on kill, cooldown reset on kill, high life steal, and cleanse/self heal.
    It's redundant with her hp steal, counterproductive to her kill theme, impractical with her potency and a liability with her slow speed.

"Opposition can kill her..."
    I don't think that logic is improving the case to use her. Firstly, she is not a character that's meant to cleanse (at least that's not how I use her). She's sustained aoe dps with reliable hp gain on hit. Picking her with the intent that she will be focused simply doesn't make sense: she has low health, meaning she'll take two hits and die. She is not a tank and you don't want her to be focused.

A high health slow character with little dps and lot of utility? Yes, that is the making of a cleanse character. Not a slow boarderline glass cannon with slow speed and kill synergies.

Edit: maybe give her TM for each buff dispelled? That would solve some of the problem.

• Her lackluster potency makes a party buff removal impractical, although one is needed in this game. She simply may not be the right character for it.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. Her potency does not guarantee a successful cleanse. Too many times (even against low tenacity tanks like chewie) they resist the dispel. Couple that with the fact that she is very slow and has little health means that if you fail to cleanse, she won't likely get another attack in before she dies.

That was my initial point
  • I agree she needs a total rework, but considering they have already done that (twice now?), this would be an easy quick fix to at least make her playable.

Bump her potency up to 80. Boom, call it a day.
  • luuuje
    153 posts Member
    I just find her way too slow, her cleansing has been fine for me, but going down the potency route her basic pretty much never stuns, when you consider Daka has a 40% chance to stun the person she attacks and Asajj has 35%, the difference in the amounts of stuns they each get is ridiculous.. also find the self heal completely pointless as a lot of others have said when she has the massive health steal and good damage
  • luuuje wrote: »
    I just find her way too slow, her cleansing has been fine for me, but going down the potency route her basic pretty much never stuns, when you consider Daka has a 40% chance to stun the person she attacks and Asajj has 35%, the difference in the amounts of stuns they each get is ridiculous.. also find the self heal completely pointless as a lot of others have said when she has the massive health steal and good damage

Daka has 87% potency
    Asajj has 40% potency

Also Daka has chance at secondary stun.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    luuuje wrote: »

Daka has 87% potency
    Asajj has 40% potency

Also Daka has chance at secondary stun.

Asajj hits a lot harder than Daka though.
  • You want to talk about what Daka can do? ie save a team from the brink of defeat and flip it on it's **** into a total lopsided beatdown.

Besides, I was just addressing why daka's stuns land. It is more than the 5% difference in the description and Yes (!) it involves potency.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    You want to talk about what Daka can do? ie save a team from the brink of defeat and flip it on it's **** into a total lopsided beatdown.

Besides, I was just addressing why daka's stuns land. It is more than the 5% difference in the description and Yes (!) it involves potency.

Ah I see, I misunderstood your point. Potency is a big factor. That being said, she's very average as far as her potency is concerned. I think she's fine for what she does.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Bump her potency, bump her speed and return the functionality of party heal with dispel. Asajj is a cool character but her stats just miss the mark.
    1) I thought the devs said they were going to fix her dispel not working (obviously that didn't happen). It's a big gamble to use it because if it doesn't work, it's a wasted move AND she gets so few turns.
    2) Maybe Rampage could grant a 75% chance to gain turn meter (currently 25%).
    3) Removing her party heal was a huge nerf, regardless of the reasoning to do so. Dark side has too few healers & one of them practically kills herself in the process (Talia - who usually doesn't make it to the next turn to heal herself off an attack).
    I really dig that her AoE resets on a finishing blow and the strategy it dictates... but...
    I have a completely maxed Asajj that mostly sits collecting dust.
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • I agree. She needs a potency buff to counter this meta. Right now, the only thing she's good for is giving Daka a speed buff (which still isn't as good as Phasma lead by a long shot)
  • Mstrdrgn1012
    441 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Her go-to ability is Strike Fear, yet she only has 40% potency when max geared.

I am not sure how the math works, but she gets resisted more often than not in the end game, which makes the ability all but useless considering she has such low hp (little over 10K), so she is either dead or full hp and rarely anywhere in between.

I bring this up because I am trying to focus on a dispel squad to counter some of the teams at the top of my bracket and I am sure a lot of other people are as well.

Thoughts

Absolutely...

At least when it was a group-heal it had some use.
    Now as a self-heal with pitiful success rate, its worse than useless.... It works against her, as the AI wastes turns on this....

<sarcasm>
    I guess we have too many dark side healers, so they had to take it away....
    And ventress is just too OP and overused, so they had to give her crap potency....
    </sarcasm>