Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• This is just a horrible move! You’re not only nerfing sets of characters, your nerfing TW, which was the coolest and most beloved part of this game. My moral has been sunk. I’ve dumped a ton of time, money and energy into farming and cultivating my squads, only to have them castrated by people who haven’t. TW was the chance to really work as a team and to utilize all of the resources that your guild had and had built up, to truly test your collective medal against another. No more. Let me assure you that, while entertaining, GA is no substitute for that! If the use of legendary and raid characters becomes relegated to GA and EA continues to neuter TW, you will start losing money very quickly, as you are killing incentive, enthusiasm, “playfulness’ and ‘fun’. Very disappointed!
  • Sorry, I am not looking forward to loosing Characters that I have worked so hard to earn and build for TW. I am thinking about boycotting this TW if this actually happens.
  • Like a fellow guild member said and the rest of the guild agrees....

"The changes to TW are like buying a new car and then a month later the dealer calls you and says
    "hey we're going to remove your radio, car starter, power windows and heated seats, but make sure to leave us good feedback online and keep coming here for all your repairs"
    Whoever thought this was a good idea should be demoted"
    I almost never post, but this is ridiculous. CG I hope you and your leadership team take a another step back and re-evaluate the direction of this and GA.
    :(
  • Just stick to monthly character bonus. I didnt spend a year developing jtr to have her banned.
  • Alot if trading card games ban or limit cards even days after there release

And that's one of the reasons why I play swgoh instead of those games.
  • This is a terrible idea. Please stop now, it's not too late. They said this is in response to the positive feedback they got for the clone wars bonuses. I guess they want to bring balance to the force by giving us something they know we're going to hate this time.
  • My guild has been desperate for TW to come back and are very disappointed in this change. Please just bring back the traditional TW that we all love.
  • I hope this never happens.
  • [bVe8E9X.jpg[/
  • TaviRus
    172 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Protip: Taking things away from players isn't fun.

Adding bonuses can be fun, but taking away time/gear/effort and potentially money invested feels really bad.
    A few ideas I'd prefer to see:
    Guild choice of 6th character in every battle (both sides get a g10-12 chewie or thrawn)
    Defensive bonuses for factions placed in certain territory regions or areas. ex All FO placed in front 2 zones get +30% defense, All Bounty hunters placed in this particular zone gain 20% crit damage
    Guild leader choice of ban 2 characters, save 1 character. Saves override bans.
    Huge buffs to otherwise bad characters.
    Bonus banners for using undersized teams
    BONUSES are good. Removal of things BAD!
    Post edited by TaviRus on
  • I can't imagine a worse idea than destroying several squads with each set of characters that could be left out. It would be one thing if complete squads were banned. But to poke holes in, what could end up being, 3-4 factions for an entire war seems ludicrous, and the FARTHEST thing from "playful" or "fun". ESPECIALLY when we've waited patiently through this TW drought.
    Although GA is cool, it does not replace TW. TW is the best game mode to collaborate as a guild, and now all of our work to prepare was for nothing. VERY disappointed in this decision.
    Boost under-used factions or characters to make them better, don't nerf the good ones to bring them down to the lowest common denominator. You should be encouraging players to improve, not trying to placate underachievers.
  • I don't think I like this, for a player with GP around 1.2 mil, I only have about 35 characters at level 85, 6-7 stars and gear 7 or higher. Depending on what gets banned, I could end up with almost nothing left to play with. This is not a great idea and has the potential to seriously turn me off of TW until I have a much bigger roster.

Also this seem like the anti-thesis of what swgoh is. The whole point is to spend resources to farm and build the best teams you can. Taking characters away that I have spent time and in a few cases money to farm doesn't make me feel good.

Why cant we just vote on bonuses for certain characters or something. Bans=Nerfs and nerfs are never fun.
  • The thought of unpredictable TWs is the most exciting thing this game has offered to a small dolphin like me in a long time.

I don’t care about yet another toon I’ve never heard of being introduced into the game and having to think about jumping on the hamster wheel yet again to chase the new shiny thing.

I care about having fun, and the prospect of me NOT having to stare at yet another predictable wall of the same gold toons over and over is actually interesting.

Honestly, I hope CG reads some of these posts, weighs the costs of wholesale whale slaughter, and make the next five TWs only for toons available in 2016.

I’m not anti-whale. I’m pro old-school. Knock the dust off of RG, GS, and toons I haven’t looked at in literal years.

A couple shout-outs a year to old toons is not a bad thing.
  • This isn't meant to hurt anyone's feelings that put this idea out but I can't sit back and not make this plain. This idea is horrible and will completely destroy this community. Are you trying to make people quit? I have never been one to express that any idea you guys have floated out there has been this bad I normally just sit back and say lets just see how it shakes out. This one however I can't just sit back and watch. Unless this thing drastically effects my guild or the rewards are just so mind blowingly awesome I believe I will have to boycott this event. You seriously need to push the pause button on this one and go back and think about it for a bit.
  • Horrible idea! I have only been playing for 4 months. I don't know what it was like before, but TW was my favorite part of the game. Now that I have completed 99% of the battles, my main activities are dailies and guild activity. TW was what my guild planned around. Then we had to do without for all of December. I couldn't wait to get it back with my new and improved teams from all the generous goodies given out during the GA.

GA is okay and I can see keeping it, but at least let things ride for a while to see what's gonna happen before making changes so quick. GA does not compare to TW at all. I like the 3 on 3 GA with the TW we were getting. That's what I was hoping to see in January.

Not only are you screwing with the format, but you are starving us with only a messed up TW, a TB and 2 okay GA. Great job guys. I was never a gamer before I discovered this game, so I am very close to saying "screw it" and moving on. There are better things to do with my time!
  • What about all the new players that either don’t have characters from 2016 or they are not starred or geared? If you consider what I just said, does your post still make sense for the community?
    BBQ_Sig wrote: »
    The thought of unpredictable TWs is the most exciting thing this game has offered to a small dolphin like me in a long time.

I don’t care about yet another toon I’ve never heard of being introduced into the game and having to think about jumping on the hamster wheel yet again to chase the new shiny thing.

I care about having fun, and the prospect of me NOT having to stare at yet another predictable wall of the same gold toons over and over is actually interesting.

Honestly, I hope CG reads some of these posts, weighs the costs of wholesale whale slaughter, and make the next five TWs only for toons available in 2016.

I’m not anti-whale. I’m pro old-school. Knock the dust off of RG, GS, and toons I haven’t looked at in literal years.

• BBQ_Sig wrote: »
    The thought of unpredictable TWs is the most exciting thing this game has offered to a small dolphin like me in a long time.

But there's a better way of doing that than large-scale banning of other toons. Give RG and GS OP bonuses that would help them compete with some of the better teams. This is something I would wholeheartedly support.
  • I feel this is just counter intuitive to what many guilds have spent lots of time and money to build their rosters to be a competitive force in TW. I feel this is a bad idea and very disappointing to players in guilds that strive to be tough TW opponents. Please stop this change.
  • These complaints make no economic sense.

You made prior investments of gear and money into older toons, and don’t use them anymore because they are obsolete.

CG removes the obsolescence, but instead of rejoicing that your prior investments are no longer wasted, you complain when the opportunity comes to reuse your prior investment.

I get you’re addicted to the newest shiniest thing, but devaluing the money you’ve already sunk into the game is foolish.
  • Comet19 wrote: »
    But there's a better way of doing that than large-scale banning of other toons. Give RG and GS OP bonuses that would help them compete with some of the better teams. This is something I would wholeheartedly support.

I agree, but can’t we try it this way ONCE before the community loses its collective kitties?
    These complaints make no economic sense.

You made prior investments of gear and money into older toons, and don’t use them anymore because they are obsolete.

CG removes the obsolescence, but instead of rejoicing that your prior investments are no longer wasted, you complain when the opportunity comes to reuse your prior investment.

I get you’re addicted to the newest shiniest thing, but devaluing the money you’ve already sunk into the game is foolish.

I use every g11/12 toon I have during tw. I hardly think that makes my prior investments obsolete. The toons they are banning break almost every synergetic team regardless of meta.
  • BBQ do you play this game? I don’t have any useless toons.
  • I have had problems with this mode, at first during the first time I couldn't participate in TW. Then after when my guild got big enough I could. But had to do double time work in organizing it all. I had to deal with all kinds of stuff where players would not participate to all out rebellion. Then I had it and the guild imploded. Now I can't participate in TW again because of the guild size. So anything you guys can think of that can screw this thing up more I'm glad since I can't participate any way.
    These complaints make no economic sense.

I'm F2P. However, who's to say a whale spent money developing these obsolete toons? This seem to be another cash grab by CG hoping they'll push whales into spending more money on toons they may use once or twice in an oddball TW.
    As F2P, I can say this hurts me probably more than a whale because I've spent a long time prioritizing and farming toons that are good and useful in most game modes. These are the toons that are being targeted by this ban.
  • please do not follow "Disney battle heroes" with leaving out toons for pvp, you are diminishing any sense of accomplishment and basically saying a big fu to the time we spent working on those characters, this idea sounds like it came from the bean counters... "how can we force people to spend more on the useless toons that they are un interested in" i hope you will see all the backlash and not go forward with this silly, unintelligible idea.
  • I have an excellent idea to make this game fun...........LETS BAN CHARACTERS !!!! --Said by no player EVER--

Cliff Notes
    Banning = Bad. Bonuses = Fun.

Seriously do the people thinking this actually play the game? They consider banning 28 toons a reward? When my guild was talking about this in Discord I thought it was a joke.

• Grimstoned wrote: »
    BBQ do you play this game? I don’t have any useless toons.

Then you’ll be well prepared for the new TW. I sense others may not.
  • More negative feedback: Bad idea, that's a direct nerf to people's roster in TW. No way something like that could be fun like buffing Mace or CUP
This discussion has been closed.