Looking for advice

First and foremost I believe I should plug my SWGOH.GG
https://swgoh.gg/p/141351226/

I've only been playing for a couple weeks now and I have some questions. I read a lot of posts saying that Phoenix squad is probably the best to shoot for first as they are viable for quite a while. Should I continue farming phoenix or are there other characters I should think about working on. Also what 5 Phoenix squad characters should I focus on if not all of them?

Any advice is greatly appreciated for someone who loves star wars but is just getting into this type of game.

Thanks

Replies

• Hi Stevie ...Phoenix is always a good choice for starting. from my perspective i would say change from Sabine to Zeb. All other are OK.....for the Thrawn Event it's crucial that you have Chopper. Also try to push all to Gear Level 9 or Higher...good Luck my friend
  • Damon_Skye
    82 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Agree with the above - drop Sabine and grab the other 5. Once done, you have a great squad that work so well together - I was surprised myself after the initial characters I used. This set of 5 will get you Thrawn and also Palpatine when those events come round again in the future. 2 of them also count to your team of 5 Jedi for Grand Master Yoda.

Much later on, Sabine can be geared up to aid with the ships task, but I have not found a need to star her up further than the opening 2 stars. Other priorities! :)
  • First and foremost I believe I should plug my SWGOH.GG
    https://swgoh.gg/p/141351226/

I've only been playing for a couple weeks now and I have some questions. I read a lot of posts saying that Phoenix squad is probably the best to shoot for first as they are viable for quite a while. Should I continue farming phoenix or are there other characters I should think about working on. Also what 5 Phoenix squad characters should I focus on if not all of them?

Any advice is greatly appreciated for someone who loves star wars but is just getting into this type of game.

Thanks

I'd say after Phoenix you first want a good scoundrel team to be able to complete the credit heist.
    Lando, Boba Fett, and Stormtrooper Han are useful characters that are needed elsewhere later on.
    After that you want to work on empire to unlock R2-D2 and Leia, Old Ben, Luke Farmboy and Stormtrooper Han, together with R2-D2 they will unlock you CLS. You also want to work on pilots for ships, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Tie Fighter Pilot, Wedge and Biggs, and the Phoenix characters are all good characters with a good ship.

• I'd say after Phoenix you first want a good scoundrel team to be able to complete the credit heist.
    Lando, Boba Fett, and Stormtrooper Han are useful characters that are needed elsewhere later on.
    After that you want to work on empire to unlock R2-D2 and Leia, Old Ben, Luke Farmboy and Stormtrooper Han, together with R2-D2 they will unlock you CLS. You also want to work on pilots for ships, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Tie Fighter Pilot, Wedge and Biggs, and the Phoenix characters are all good characters with a good ship.

So how far should I farm Phoenix until I move on to focus on other characters? Also does having excess characters that might not be as useful have a negative affect by increasing galactic power?
  • None of the phoenix come from a hard node. So you can use your normal energy to farm others while completing phoenix. Biggs and Boba for starters. Maybe bastilla or fo tie pilot if you have energy left.

You could take a break from hera and ezra to up emperial tie pilot a bit. But you want to get phoenix to 7* and g9 asap like others said before. Most phoenix can be taken to 7* quite fast. So you can just switch to others once they are done.

And yes... only gear/ level toons you use. Not only do you not want to inflate GP. You need the credits and gear.
  • This video is only a few months old but should help you quite a bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taRxShw0wKk

This is a fantastic channel to watch.
  • If I were you I would continue to farm Sabine, and swap our Chopper for Zeb. Sabine is an amazing toon that is plug and play in some other squads, as is Ezra. Kanan is a must have, and he is a tank, so there is no need to include Chopper IMO. Sabine can straight deal and her armor shred is only applied by one other toon in the entire game. Her AOE is also tremendous. Don't listen to the Sabine haters that will undoubtedly follow me here...

First Order is also a very easy farm, for the most part, that will pay huge dividends. KRU's node includes his ship, which is one of the best in the game. FOX is an easy farm as well, and he is also an amazing toon.

At the end of the day, Phoenix is great for value and who it leads to. I think FO will take you farther in Arena but I'm really not sure as we don't know what squads you are facing off against. I can tell you, though, that you need to climb the Arena ranks as quickly as you can.
  • Sabine is a hard node, and I would still continue to farm her at least to unlock, but the other 5 are usually your best option for the LS nodes, TB, TW, and Cantina as well as for unlocking Thrawn and EP.

Empire is usually the next step for most people because Pheonix can get you 2 of them and they unlock R2 who is required for CLS anyway. Not only that, but some of the best early ships to have are empire so they give you a leg up there as well. Not to mention you get Tie Pilot, Tarkin and Royal Guard for free as you progress. You need a team for DS battles and they're a good one.

From there you used to be able to put together a team of scoundrels for heists that used mostly toons you needed elsewhere anyway, but now I would almost suggest just going full BH now. You still want STHan, but you can probably skip Lando (I'd farm KRU's node after Tie Pilot for his ship alone and because he's a great self healing tank). If you get into a decent guild, you'll be able to farm Boba, Dengar, Greedo, and Cad Bane easily enough. That'll get you a credit heist team and a team to work towards for the bounties event and eventually Chewie (but even with a full BH team, he's still a way off until you get Bossk who you can't even start to farm until level 82 I think).