Suggestion to speed up GA

Wisp
14 posts Member
edited December 2018
So far I’m liking GA... except... call me ADHD or whatever you’ll like, but I’m finding the large delays between attack runs sorta kill the excited of the challenge. There are 3 days lost to waiting on setting up teams on defence. The defence setting rounds for phase 2 and 3 kill the pace...

Option 1 (simple)
I’d propose that players set defence once in the opening round, and that defence is then used on all three rounds. Gives you 24 hours to set your strategy, then three attack days back to back... bam-bam-bam.

Option 2 (better)
The game already allows you to scroll BACK through all three phases. let us scroll FORWARD/ahead and preset the next round(s) of defence. This way you are both attacking and setting the next round of defence in the same 24 period. No losing an entire day between rounds for defensive set up. This becomes a 4 day event rather than 6, but still gives you the opportunity to adjust defence along the way.

Quality of Life Request
Add a Copy Defence button to copy the last phases defence. Thus we can quickly copy our squads to the next phases and then make tweaks.

Thanks!

P.s. sorry, just realized this should have been in the feedback section... don’t think there a way for me to move the thread though...

Replies

• 1) no thanks
    2) no thanks

I want to see each opponent before tailoring my defense to their roster. A little thing called strategy.
  • Wisp
    14 posts Member
    I hear what your are saying... but does your defensive line up actually change that much? I look, like you, each round, but just don’t find that my defensive teams substantially changes after phase 1 defence. Maybe if I was a 4gp whale I’d have more choice of toons to play strong defence... but then my opponent would too...

Either way, I still prefer one defensive round setting, then three rapid attacks. There is still a significant amount of strategy and thought given the constantly changing dynamic of GA and thinking about how to distribute your teams. I’d happily sacrifice the round to round strategy in favour of a faster event...
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Wisp wrote: »
    I hear what your are saying... but does your defensive line up actually change that much? I look, like you, each round, but just don’t find that my defensive teams substantially changes after phase 1 defence. Maybe if I was a 4gp whale I’d have more choice of toons to play strong defence... but then my opponent would too...

Either way, I still prefer one defensive round setting, then three rapid attacks. There is still a significant amount of strategy and thought given the constantly changing dynamic of GA and thinking about how to distribute your teams. I’d happily sacrifice the round to round strategy in favour of a faster event...

For me, it certainly can. I'm a 4M gp guppy (the whales are closer to or above 5M at this point). This GA, I'm the only player in the 8 who has Revan, so it's been a pretty static defense for me.

However, if my GA has other Revan opponents, I take a look at their Revan/Traya squads and determine whether I think I can beat them using my roster, and that helps me decide whether my Revan and Traya teams should be on offense or defense.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Yeah, I look to see how good their IT or NS is, if they have Revan or Traya....I set mostly the same each round but maybe one or two tweaks based on my opponent.

Hard no on this from me.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH