Can we get an update on zFinn, C3PO and HSTR?

Prev134567
Per the communication prior to the holidays we know there is a change coming to either Phase 3 of HSTR or the interaction between zFinn and C3PO (aka nerf). It'd be really helpful to know the direction of this change so folks can adjust and invest resources accordingly. Can we get more details? If these are not available, can we get an updated timeline?

Replies

• 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Dont forget zombie broken with isolation.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Zombie still works. Need more RNG now and I do hope they fix it but she ain't broken.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Per the communication prior to the holidays we know there is a change coming to either Phase 3 of HSTR or the interaction between zFinn and C3PO (aka nerf). It'd be really helpful to know the direction of this change so folks can adjust and invest resources accordingly. Can we get more details? If these are not available, can we get an updated timeline?

They've already said they will nerf it sometime this year. They'll give us the details around when they do it. Why do you need to rush them?

and FYI, they almost certainly won't nerf 3p0. If they nerf Finn, it won't hurt his usefulness running regular resistance at all.

In other words, whatever "plan" they come up with will affect only the team that can solo p3. You don't have to hold back on leveling or gearing any of them as they are all valuable in their niche.

In other words, there's no real need to know what their plans are, or to rush them to give them to us. Just go on about your business and don't plan on making that one team.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I hope you're right but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the idea that their solution won't affect anything outside of P3 of STR. Just one example, look at Acoylte no longer hitting twice so she no longer clears foresight and then does damage.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I hope you're right but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the idea that their solution won't affect anything outside of P3 of STR. Just one example, look at Acoylte no longer hitting twice so she no longer clears foresight and then does damage.

Meh. The whole reason they said they are taking their time this time around is to make sure it only affects that team in that phase more or less.

Rushing them is a foolhardy idea. If we give them their space they'll get it right this time. If they do get it wrong, refunds can be asked for. Really, we need to give them faith this time around or we can't expect this kind of considerate fix in the future.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I agree with all of that, other than I don't trust them to leave the toons untouched. Hope, yes, trust, no.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    All I know is I'm excited to hear the ultimate decision third hand from reddit!
  • Raise Traya‘s Tenacity (or give her stacking Tenacity) while toppled and leave the toons alone.

Yes, it‘s that simple.
  • What they did to NSA is a shame. She went from being amazing to being pretty meh all in one shot.

If they nerf Finn it will be a huge mistake, IMO. Just add stacking tenacity to Traya while toppled and problem solved. Just like they should have changed Traya instead of NSA or STH. The toons aren't broken; they are working as designed. They just happen to work a lot better than expected in the Sith Raid, which they should have known before release as they protect their beloved Sith Raid like they do. One would think that extensive testing was done in the Sith Raid with any new toons, amirite?
  • Woodroward wrote: »

They've already said they will nerf it sometime this year. They'll give us the details around when they do it. Why do you need to rush them?

and FYI, they almost certainly won't nerf 3p0. If they nerf Finn, it won't hurt his usefulness running regular resistance at all.

In other words, whatever "plan" they come up with will affect only the team that can solo p3. You don't have to hold back on leveling or gearing any of them as they are all valuable in their niche.

In other words, there's no real need to know what their plans are, or to rush them to give them to us. Just go on about your business and don't plan on making that one team.

Anyone farming HSTR knows its broken. And those currently looking to farm need to know what squads to focus on. Not looking for a haphazard fix but some direction.

There is plenty of guides for HSTR, they said they do only changing that P3 Finn auto squad so others are safe to farm.
  • I’d like to know what they are going to do also, I was going to zeta Finn for the upcoming JTR journey and TW, but the dark side clouds everything.

Hopefully the Dev team can update us on what their timeline is looking like. 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 6 months etc.

Other than that I’ll save the zeta until they do.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Ha can you imagine if they let this go for 6 months?
  • Blax4ever wrote: »
    I’d like to know what they are going to do also, I was going to zeta Finn for the upcoming JTR journey and TW, but the dark side clouds everything.

Hopefully the Dev team can update us on what their timeline is looking like. 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 6 months etc.

You won’t need zFinn to get JTR, but you might consider zesting him anyway. His zeta leadership is key to the new HAAT solo with Threepio.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    I’d like to know what they are going to do also, I was going to zeta Finn for the upcoming JTR journey and TW, but the dark side clouds everything.

You won’t need zFinn to get JTR, but you might consider zesting him anyway. His zeta leadership is key to the new HAAT solo with Threepio.

For now...
  • They will probably just go the new fun and playful Territory War route and just simply ban them. Simple enough. :)
  • TVF wrote: »
    Blax4ever wrote: »

For now...

I suppose they could nerf Threepio or zFinn in the HAAT. But honestly, zFinn has always been really good in 2/4 phases of HAAT—surely they realized in playtesting that Threepio’s kit would make the HAAT soloable, and chose not to change anything. (but who really knows?)

I figure the plan generally is that over time, new toons can make old content trivial. Just like CLS made it possible to auto-solo the pit, now Threepio makes it possible to (almost) auto-solo the tank. Maybe in a year and a half they’ll release a toon that solos the HSTR.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Who needs official forums when you have Reddit 😂😂😂
  • Per the communication prior to the holidays we know there is a change coming to either Phase 3 of HSTR or the interaction between zFinn and C3PO (aka nerf). It'd be really helpful to know the direction of this change so folks can adjust and invest resources accordingly. Can we get more details? If these are not available, can we get an updated timeline?

Please dont try to get them to focus on anything thats outside of the dumpster fire that this next TW is looking to be
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Lol they thought we asked for this tw so as its been said” careful what you ask for”
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Meh. The whole reason they said they are taking their time this time around is to make sure it only affects that team in that phase more or less.

Rushing them is a foolhardy idea. If we give them their space they'll get it right this time. If they do get it wrong, refunds can be asked for. Really, we need to give them faith this time around or we can't expect this kind of considerate fix in the future.

Then they should just change the phase and not the characters.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    They are still on vacation till Jan 7th

Don't expect any major updates till Monday
  • Troyo
    63 posts Member
    I got C3PO at 5* and I then put zeta on Finn lead and I love the way it works. Really boosted me in arena too. My guild is just a fun group so we are no where near heroic Sith Raid only tier 5. I guess I find it funny everyone hates that it solos phase 3 because my guild loves me for helping knock out phase 3. No one in my guild likes the Sith Raid. Actually everyone hates it. We force ourselves to do it for the rewards. I guess you all love you some Sith raid and don't have C3PO? I guess I'm all for teams that help get through the terrible Sith Raid.

O and I can't solo phase 3 I usually only get about 30% in a run. I use zFinn, zHan, zChewy, C3PO, and bb8. I don't have a bunch of potency on my toons and read some where that is my problem.
  • Raise Traya‘s Tenacity (or give her stacking Tenacity) while toppled and leave the toons alone.

Yes, it‘s that simple.

No. I hate this idea. Traya has way too much tenacity already. How about they just leave it alone and do nothing. Stacking tenacity is the worst mechanic in this game, it kills the fun.
  • Yeah at this point, they might as well just leave it be. The sith raid has been out for almost a year now and you have a team that can put a huge dent in 1 phase. Not the end of the world and Ewoks are not the best faction so it rewards those that worked for that faction.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Raise Traya‘s Tenacity (or give her stacking Tenacity) while toppled and leave the toons alone.

Yes, it‘s that simple.

No. I hate this idea. Traya has way too much tenacity already. How about they just leave it alone and do nothing. Stacking tenacity is the worst mechanic in this game, it kills the fun.

What teams are you running in P3 where you rely on debuffs? If you're doing that now, you're in a lower tier, and this will not matter once you reach Heroic (and maybe even T6).

Stacking tenacity doesn't kill the fun, it prevents you from autoing the raid like the other two raids, and makes you strategize and build teams. I think that makes this the best raid. What fun is hitting auto?
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Raise Traya‘s Tenacity (or give her stacking Tenacity) while toppled and leave the toons alone.

Yes, it‘s that simple.

What teams are you running in P3 where you rely on debuffs? If you're doing that now, you're in a lower tier, and this will not matter once you reach Heroic (and maybe even T6).

Stacking tenacity doesn't kill the fun, it prevents you from autoing the raid like the other two raids, and makes you strategize and build teams. I think that makes this the best raid. What fun is hitting auto?

I go back and forth on this. On the one hand, I agree that being able to easily debuff the boss makes it a bit too easy to build teams that overwhelm the mechanics and allow for solos to happen. Not that a solo should never happen at all, mind you, but it shouldn't really be doable on current endgame raids. Now, I would argue that the Sith raid is too old to be considered "endgame" at this point, but CG has to pretend it still is because they don't have a replacement lined up yet. I digress - that's a whole other issue.

On the other hand, stacking tenacity does suck a lot of the fun out of it for me as it renders a lot of characters useless or drastically less effective. Half the reason JTR is basically the only team that does well against Phase 1 is just because the exposes from her lead can't be resisted - if Nihilus had normal-ish tenacity, a lot more teams would be able to at least put a dent in him.

Stacking tenacity is fine as a gimmick, but as a permanent solution to preventing raid solos it's a lazy, fun-sucking band-aid. Imagine if every boss constantly drained Protection the way Nihilus does, just to prevent weaker guild members from accumulating damage with undergeared teams. It'd get old fast.

I think the ideal solution for future content would be for debuffs to have either reduced or different effects against raid bosses, the way Thrawn's basic and Fracture behave differently against bosses than they do with other enemies. That way they could still be useful without letting us just completely roll over the boss with some magical combo of debuffs. There's already precedent for this, and not just with unique abilities like Fracture - DOT, Expose and "massive damage" effects all have their damage adjusted against bosses. They'd just need to do something similar with other debuffs and TM reduction effects.

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• They aren't going to announce how they will "fix" it until they know how they will fix it. Given that most of the staff was gone over the holidays, they obviously haven't made much progress on the "fix" yet.
  • Finn was a problem waiting to happen before C-3PO dropped. He was always one reliable in-faction source of Expose away from an infinite loop. That was going to happen sooner or later.

Whatever the change, it has to affect more than just P3 hSith.
    Still not a he.