I need some advice/direction

Prev1
Thavic_Thule
14 posts Member
edited December 2018
While I have been playing this game on and off for roughly 2 years, I have never gotten serious about it. I’ve just plodded along, mostly playing it for the collection aspect of it. And in the last 6 months especially, I’ve barely paid attention to anything beyond the odd video from the likes of cubsfan han and ahnhaldt101. Then Grand Arena came and pretty much slapped me across the face with a dose of reality. If I’m going to keep playing and have fun, I need to change how I approach the game. Not necessarily become Uber 1337, but certainly get better and more focused. Unfortunately, being the uninformed pleb that I am, I’m a wee bit lost and confused.

So, first things first. My swgoh.gg profile. https://swgoh.gg/p/496934589/

My roster in its current state is spread to thin across too many factions. Leaving me with a lot of dead weight in my galactic power score. I solved some of it by removing mods from a lot of dead weight characters. The thing I really need help with is getting my bearings and setting up my short term goals and the direction to take to achieve that. With that in mind, I have narrowed it down to 3 things I really need to solve.

1) Fix My arena team situation, so I can stop being stuck in the 500-1000 bracket.
2) Improve my roster without bloating the galactic power further so I can actually field a roster in the grand arena so I’m no longer so easily steamrolled.
3) Figure out if I can also improve my fleet arena situation without spreading myself too thin.

I have put up a few squads on my swgoh.gg profile most of which are what I use in the grand arena, at least when it’s 5v5. There’s also 2 old HAAT squads on there that I have no idea even works anymore. As well as 2 squads I’m currently aiming to improve, in the short term. One for bounty hunter and one for imperial trooper.

What I’m currently actively farming:
Mods, mods, mods. Oh boy do I need better mods.
My energy goes into farming bastila (69/100), and Jango Fett (12/65). And the leftovers go to gear farming.
My cantina energy goes to farming Veteran Smuggler Han Solo (68/100) and will shift to Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca (0/85) afterwards.
My ship energy goes into farming Bastila as well, and I had planned to go back to farming Bistan’s U-Wing (54/85) afterwards.
Crystals I use on (standard) energy refreshes and gear.
I’m currently grabbing Stormtrooper (12/100) shards from, mostly because Shore Trooper would take to long for a short term plan.
I’m currently grabbing Colonel Starck (33/100) shards, and some gear from the guild store.
I’m currently grabbing Savage Opress (50/65) shards from the squad arena store.
I got almost every character from the galactic war store, so I grab mostly ship shards from it.
Mod store I barely touch.
I grab mostly character shards from the fleet arena store. Like the clone troopers.
I use the guild event store almost entirely for Hermit Yoda (10/100) shards.
I use the shard store only for gear, especially those pesky stun guns.

When it comes to legendary characters I din’t currently have. I’ve put them on the back burner for now. Although as I keep improving my bounty hunter team I’ll get in a position to grab Chewbacca as a consequence. And I’m not too far off from grabbing Jedi Training Rey if I stick with the Veteran Smuggler farm.

Anywho, this post is already a giant wall of text, and if people want more information I can add it in on request. Hopefully between the information given, and my rambling, there’s enough here for people to give me advise and tips on how to fix my current arena and grand arena predicament in the short to medium term. Although any other advise would also be appreciated. Or correct me if my current plans are way off course.

Thanks and cheers.
Thavic Thule.

Replies

  • Gifafi
    1614 posts Member
    didn't look at swgoh.gg, but you are still spreading too thin. I'd say bastila-focus, forget savage asap, he sucks. clone troopers are garbage, except rex...sorta. ignore. stark only if farming imp troops, mod store is better than the alternatives. #1 thing is to focus-farm. pick a faction and finish, then move on. glgl
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    didn't look at swgoh.gg, but you are still spreading too thin. I'd say bastila-focus, forget savage asap, he sucks. clone troopers are garbage, except rex...sorta. ignore. stark only if farming imp troops, mod store is better than the alternatives. #1 thing is to focus-farm. pick a faction and finish, then move on. glgl

    I should have specified that the reason I’m down to grabbing characters such as clone troopers, Rex to be more specific, and Savage. Is because I’ve got most of the other ones at 7 stars already. Although these days I leave 7 Star characters I don’t use at level 1 with no gear. And currently I do need enough decent or better characters to fill 10 5v5 teams or 16 3v3 teams for grand arena. And the reason I am grabbing Colonel Starck is indeed because I want an imperial trooper team. I was thinking a General Veers lead with Colonel Starck, Shoretrooper, Range Trooper, +1 undecided slot. Range trooper I have unlocked, but it’s going to be a long farm regardless. Shoretrooper I haven’t unlocked, and is another long farm, hence I opted for stormtrooper in the mean time.

    As for my immediate focus, mods, gear, finish Bastila and Hermit Yoda, bring my Bastila lead Jedi team from gear 10 to 11, finish Jango Fett and Bossk, bring my bounty hunter team up to at least gear 10. Then start putting the imperial trooper team together, Starck and stormtrooper I almost got to 7 stars already, Veers is next on the list. And then I’ll have enough to put together a 5 man team. And put shoretrooper and range trooper in as I get them later on.

    So while I may grab shards from the shipment stores a bit more haphazardly than compared to how my overall focus, unless it’s an overall important character to get. Or an important character for a faction I already have characters to work with. Improving my current bounty hunter team is an example of this, since they will allow me to get Chewbacca. Which from what I’ve heard is an excellent character to have in your roster. And I Already have Commander Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, which works well with Chewbacca.

    Anyway, thanks for the advice.
    Cheers
    Thavic Thule.
  • Here’s some mod advice: stop farming them. You currently have well over 300 mods and instead of adding new ones, I’d suggest unlocking what you have. Since mods 2.0, you can find out all the different secondaries on a mod much easier. So I would suggest going through all your 5* mods that do not have all secondaries revealed and upgrading them until you can see them all.

    So you’d need to upgrade a grey mod to level 12, a green mod to level 9, a blue mod to level 6, and a purple mod to level 3 to see all their secondaries. I would do this with every 5* mod you own. It’s expensive and time-consuming, but it gives you a solid place to start. Ignore all mods that have less than 5*. They aren’t worth your time.

    Once you’ve done that, select out all your mods with speed and numerical (not percent) offense secondaries and level them all to 12. And now you can start slicing.

    Instead of farming for new mods, farm mod slicing materials. Here are my guidelines on which mods are worth slicing:

    Grey: any speed secondary, 25+ offense secondary
    Green: 4+ speed secondary, 50+ offense secondary
    Blue: 9+ speed secondary, 75+ offense secondary
    Purple: 14+ speed secondary, 100+ offense secondary

    You can use my guidelines or make up your own. But definitely start slicing your mods to improve speed and offense secondaries. Only resume farming mods when you have gone through and sliced all your mods worth slicing. That will improve your mods dramatically and make you much more competitive in grand arena.
  • Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    So you’d need to upgrade a grey mod to level 12, a green mod to level 9, a blue mod to level 6, and a purple mod to level 3 to see all their secondaries. I would do this with every 5* mod you own. It’s expensive and time-consuming, but it gives you a solid place to start. Ignore all mods that have less than 5*. They aren’t worth your time.

    Once you’ve done that, select out all your mods with speed and numerical (not percent) offense secondaries and level them all to 12. And now you can start slicing.

    Instead of farming for new mods, farm mod slicing materials. Here are my guidelines on which mods are worth slicing:

    Grey: any speed secondary, 25+ offense secondary
    Green: 4+ speed secondary, 50+ offense secondary
    Blue: 9+ speed secondary, 75+ offense secondary
    Purple: 14+ speed secondary, 100+ offense secondary

    Would delay my mod farming, but you make a sound argument. Will be taking your advice.

    Thanks and cheers
    Thavic Thule

  • I neglected to mention that mods need to be at level 15 to slice, so you will still need to do some additional leveling, but by upgrading the ones with the right secondaries to 12 first, you can see if those secondaries increase to the point where they’re worth leveling the rest of the way.
  • I think for the mod store the only thing you should buy is a 5* speed arrow, if you still need them (and until you have one for almost all characters you do need them) because it's the only mod in the mod store where you're sure that the speed is gonna roll up to 30. For all the other mods yes there may be speed on it but you're never sure the speed is going to improve.
  • camper288
    98 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Plan to improve your account is simple.

    On the table on the sides of the Light / Dark Talzin and Zombie.

    With Cantina's energy, keep working on veteran smugglers.

    In Cantina Shop take Daka

    In the guild shop, buy Ewoks and Sun Fac.

    In the Galactic War shop pick up the Geonosian ships

    In the Arena I would particularly go after the Cassian to give you the option of going after his ship ahead.

    Ship Shop go after the Geonosians.

    Finish Yoda hermit at the guild event shop and then start using the coins to raise equipment.

    Use the Fragment Store to go back mostly to stuns guns.

    It's what I would do in your place.

    This is my profile.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/775338965/characters/

    Sorry for my poor English.
    Camper
  • Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    I neglected to mention that mods need to be at level 15 to slice, so you will still need to do some additional leveling, but by upgrading the ones with the right secondaries to 12 first, you can see if those secondaries increase to the point where they’re worth leveling the rest of the way.

    Yeah, I noticed that when I was going through my mods to slice the few good ones I had. But thanks all the same. Currently spending my mod energy on slicing mats. And once i’ve sliced the ones worth slicing. I’ll alternate between farming for mods worth slicing, and farming for slicing mats.

    Cheers and thanks.
    Thavic Thule
  • I think for the mod store the only thing you should buy is a 5* speed arrow, if you still need them (and until you have one for almost all characters you do need them) because it's the only mod in the mod store where you're sure that the speed is gonna roll up to 30. For all the other mods yes there may be speed on it but you're never sure the speed is going to improve.

    I am lacking in the speed arrow department. I’ll be keeping an eye out for them.

    Cheers and thanks.
    Thavic Thule.

  • Thavic_Thule
    14 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    camper288 wrote: »
    Plan to improve your account is simple.

    On the table on the sides of the Light / Dark Talzin and Zombie.

    With Cantina's energy, keep working on veteran smugglers.

    In Cantina Shop take Daka

    In the guild shop, buy Ewoks and Sun Fac.

    In the Galactic War shop pick up the Geonosian ships

    In the Arena I would particularly go after the Cassian to give you the option of going after his ship ahead.

    Ship Shop go after the Geonosians.

    Finish Yoda hermit at the guild event shop and then start using the coins to raise equipment.

    Use the Fragment Store to go back mostly to stuns guns.

    It's what I would do in your place.

    This is my profile.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/775338965/characters/

    Sorry for my poor English.
    Camper

    I wasn’t aware Talzin, zombie, and spirit were farmable outside events. And I already have ventress, talia, and initiate at 7 stars. So farming for a nightsister team is another good option for me. Not sure how well they perform in the arena. But I could certainly need more teams to bring to the grand arena.

    As for Ewoks, they are on my long term plan. So once i’ve Dealt with my arena and grand arena issues I’ll be sure to put them on farm.

    As for the genosian ships and characters. I already have sun fac at 7 stars. Soldier and spy is at 6 stars, but I do grab their shards off the stores when I see them. On the ship side it’s the opposite. Soldier and spy’s ship I have at 7 stars, but sun fac’s ship is only at 5. But I am grabbing shards for it of the stores when available.

    As for cassian and his ship. I opted to go for bistan’s u-wing instead a while ago. Although I never did complete that farm, and I don’t recall why I decided to go with bistan. I do know I stopped because I decided to use the fleet energy on Bastila shards over bistan u-wing shards.

    You have given me some new ideas and things to think on.

    Cheers and thanks
    Thavic Thule
    Post edited by Thavic_Thule on
  • Whether the sisters will be efficient in the arena depends on whether there are a lot of Bastilia teams or whether there are more nightmare teams (Emperor, Vader and more 3 sith).

    Sisters will calmly beat the bastilia teams (a little more annoying if they have Revan and or Jolee), but they will lose to the nightmare teams.

    My bet is that the next Sith coming in February whether Revan or Malak will have the death mark which can further complicate a resuscitation team.
  • camper288 wrote: »
    Whether the sisters will be efficient in the arena depends on whether there are a lot of Bastilia teams or whether there are more nightmare teams (Emperor, Vader and more 3 sith).

    Sisters will calmly beat the bastilia teams (a little more annoying if they have Revan and or Jolee), but they will lose to the nightmare teams.

    My bet is that the next Sith coming in February whether Revan or Malak will have the death mark which can further complicate a resuscitation team.

    In the bracket I’m fighting there’s mostly Bastila/grand master Yoda/Ezra/hermit Yoda/old Ben, emperor palpatine/thrawn/Vader/Sion/nihilus or variations of palpatine teams, talzyn/zombie/old daka/acolyte/ventress or minor variations. And sprinkled in to a lesser degree commander Luke skywalker, Jedi training Rey, and Kylo Ren Unmasked lead teams. Although more Jedi training Rey than commander Luke skywalker. And kylo Ren Unmasked i only run into once in a blue moon. No idea how it’s above the 500-1000 bracket though. I can barely manage to claw my way to around 600-700 before I get stomped back down around the 1000 mark. Sometimes as low as 1200.

    Cheers and thanks
    Thavic Thule

  • Another post with some great replies as I’ve been reading through the forums today. The mod advice you were given is spot on. How goes the progress?
  • So as a relative newbie, I'm curious about the mod thoughts here. It seems to me that upgrading grey and green is a pretty large sinkhole for credits. Seems like that 85K per upgrade is going to add up, and the return just isn't that big.
    The likelihood of hitting that speed secondary isn't high to start off with, and the best speed you'll see on those is what? 9 for green if you're lucky? Probably 3-5 for grey?

    What I've been doing is unlocking everything blue and purple to see their secondaries, and basically kicking grey* and green* to the curb. ( Other than speed arrows, crit damage triangles, potency crosses, or greens that show speed ). If speed hits on one of those, upgrade to 15, if not... to sell it off.

    Now... part of my newbieness is that I haven't even sliced a mod yet, so I'm likely missing something... but does slicing really help make those low speed grey/greens not such a waste? Am I missing out?
  • You are on the right track there @booginstein , eventually you will have more credits and need more good mods so you will dabble with greens and maybe greys but for now if you need credits, just sell em as you are doing.
  • Rezie wrote: »
    Another post with some great replies as I’ve been reading through the forums today. The mod advice you were given is spot on. How goes the progress?

    I got a rough plan worked out for the short term. The mod replacement plan I got is going to stretch into the long term though. Takes time to farm mods with the correct stats, and then get them sliced up. On the character side it’s a little simpler though. Continuing my plan to gear up the teams I do have. And prioritizing character farms to what I want short term first, doing them faction by faction. If a source of shards doesn’t provide anything for my short term plan or gear I need. Only then do i look at characters outside the immediate plan. So overall my farming has become much more focused.

    Ended up with focusing on talzin and old daka first, followed up with zombie. And when I’m done with Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca, go for nightsister acolyte. And as I finish with nightsister characters, I’ll transition over into Bossk and possibly Jango Fett to flesh out my bounty hunters properly. And then into imperial troopers, which is going to be a long one. Since I don’t have shoretrooper, range trooper and only Veers at 3. Might even extend it to Krennic and death trooper, but I haven’t unlocked either. So that’s even more time. If I can manage to grab Chewbacca or Jedi Training Rey at some point I might change the plan. But beyond that... well I have a feeling this is probably going to last me the year. So we’ll see.

    Cheers and thanks
    Thavic Thule.
  • Rezie
    12 posts Member
    Boogin basically it’s about looking for speed and damage ones and the rolls will get them more stats as u slice them. I wouldn’t waste creds if u still need for leveling or on less than 5 dot mods u plan to use end game.
  • Rezie
    12 posts Member
    Thavik keennik is not needed for any events and overall not very good even tho his kit states good with dt.
  • Rezie wrote: »
    Thavik keennik is not needed for any events and overall not very good even tho his kit states good with dt.
    That saves me some time to farm for another character. Provided nothing has changed by then that would dictate a change of plans.

    Cheers and thanks
    Thavic Thule
  • Naraic
    2238 posts Member
    @Thavic_Thule I hope you don't mind but I'm gonna suggest moving mods around to make your arena team much faster.

    Speed sets with bad speed secondaries are not worth it.

    Look at your vader. You get 21 speed from the set and 15 speed from 3 mods in secondary speed. That's a total of 36 speed from the 4 mods (66 when you count the arrow but that's standard).

    Let's say you get the diamond on chirrut the square on bastilla and triangle on greedo on vader. Then take a speed arrow with a health set. Doesn't really matter which.

    You will have 39 speed instead of 36. You will also have a health set a tenacity set and a crit chance set. Not great set bonuses but better than nothing really. Also the three mods I advised you to move can be sliced to make them better.
  • Waqui
    5824 posts Member
    1) Your arena team needs better mods. Far too many of you good speed secondary mods are equipped by other characters. If you want to climb in arena, you should move your best mods to your arena team. (No, a speed set with low speed stats, is not better than health or mixed mod sets with high speed stats). F.ex. 217 speed for Thrawn is extremely low. Yes, nightmare teams are outdated, but you should be able to reach top-200 simply by rearranging your mods.
    Even if you switch to Bastilla lead jedi instead (they are a good alternative), you should make sure to have your best mods on your arena team.

    2) Keep farming veterans for JTR. You are almost there. Also farm resistance trooper. JTR is great for TW/GA offense. JTR, Rey scav, BB8, RT and Finn/Holdo will usually get the job done. This frees up R2D2 for other teams.
    Farming Bossk will improve your fleet, and also improve your chances to get 7* Chewie in tge future. Bossk's node should be a priority. Furthermore, bountyhunters are great for TW/GA/TB.
    You should collect 5 ewok and 5 NS at 5* minimum for the events. Don't miss out on those free shards from those events. Wether you want to take them fourther for other purposes is up to you. NS are great in many game modes. Ewok will unlock 3P0 and have their uses in TW/GA, but you can do without them as well.
    Jolee will be usefull on a future jedi team. Zaalbar is required for unlocking Revan as is Jolee. You might as well start farming them now, even if the two OR cantina farms conflict with veterans.

    3).......
  • Naraic wrote: »
    @Thavic_Thule I hope you don't mind but I'm gonna suggest moving mods around to make your arena team much faster.

    Speed sets with bad speed secondaries are not worth it.

    Look at your vader. You get 21 speed from the set and 15 speed from 3 mods in secondary speed. That's a total of 36 speed from the 4 mods (66 when you count the arrow but that's standard).

    Let's say you get the diamond on chirrut the square on bastilla and triangle on greedo on vader. Then take a speed arrow with a health set. Doesn't really matter which.

    You will have 39 speed instead of 36. You will also have a health set a tenacity set and a crit chance set. Not great set bonuses but better than nothing really. Also the three mods I advised you to move can be sliced to make them better.

    Yeah, my mod situation is an absolute dumpster fire. I really should just sit down one day and just go through them all and rearrange everything. Prioritizing my arena team first, then just go down the list team by team. Good news is, i’ve already started farming and slicing my mods in a smarter manner than I used too. Which wasn’t hard sine my previous approach was to throw **** at the wall and see what sticks. So pretty much anything is better.

    Any suggestions on how to prioritize speed across palpatine, thrawn, sion, nihilus, Vader?

    Cheers and thanks
    Thavic Thule

  • Waqui wrote: »
    1) Your arena team needs better mods. Far too many of you good speed secondary mods are equipped by other characters. If you want to climb in arena, you should move your best mods to your arena team. (No, a speed set with low speed stats, is not better than health or mixed mod sets with high speed stats). F.ex. 217 speed for Thrawn is extremely low. Yes, nightmare teams are outdated, but you should be able to reach top-200 simply by rearranging your mods.
    Even if you switch to Bastilla lead jedi instead (they are a good alternative), you should make sure to have your best mods on your arena team.

    2) Keep farming veterans for JTR. You are almost there. Also farm resistance trooper. JTR is great for TW/GA offense. JTR, Rey scav, BB8, RT and Finn/Holdo will usually get the job done. This frees up R2D2 for other teams.
    Farming Bossk will improve your fleet, and also improve your chances to get 7* Chewie in tge future. Bossk's node should be a priority. Furthermore, bountyhunters are great for TW/GA/TB.
    You should collect 5 ewok and 5 NS at 5* minimum for the events. Don't miss out on those free shards from those events. Wether you want to take them fourther for other purposes is up to you. NS are great in many game modes. Ewok will unlock 3P0 and have their uses in TW/GA, but you can do without them as well.
    Jolee will be usefull on a future jedi team. Zaalbar is required for unlocking Revan as is Jolee. You might as well start farming them now, even if the two OR cantina farms conflict with veterans.

    3).......

    1) My mod situation is a bit of a dumpster fire at the moment. I have reprioretized my mod and slicing mats farming, so it should get better overtime. But yeah, I really should just go through what I currently have and reprioretise who get what mods. Starting with my arena team, and going down the list of teams I use.

    2) Due to my current main priorities (better mods, better arena performance, better grand arena performance) some of your suggestions is going to have to be pushed further down the list. Jedi Training Rey and Chewbacca I am close to being in a position to u lock, but C3PO and Revan are far off still. This is why I have Bossk high in the priority list of characters to farm, but characters like the Ewoks and old republic has fallen further down the list for now. Currently I am going farming Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca, mother talzin, old daka, and Hermit Yoda. With nightsister zombie, nightsister acolyte, Bossk, possibly Jango Fett lined up behind them on the short list. Next faction in line after that is imperial troopers, and getting something together for a proper commander Luke skywalker team. But things are likely to change based on when I manage to get JTR and Chewbacca. And I wouldn’t be surprised if future partches also change them.

    Cheers and thanks
    Thavic Thule
  • Waqui wrote: »
    1) Your arena team needs better mods. Far too many of you good speed secondary mods are equipped by other characters. If you want to climb in arena, you should move your best mods to your arena team. (No, a speed set with low speed stats, is not better than health or mixed mod sets with high speed stats). F.ex. 217 speed for Thrawn is extremely low. Yes, nightmare teams are outdated, but you should be able to reach top-200 simply by rearranging your mods.
    Even if you switch to Bastilla lead jedi instead (they are a good alternative), you should make sure to have your best mods on your arena team.

    2) Keep farming veterans for JTR. You are almost there. Also farm resistance trooper. JTR is great for TW/GA offense. JTR, Rey scav, BB8, RT and Finn/Holdo will usually get the job done. This frees up R2D2 for other teams.
    Farming Bossk will improve your fleet, and also improve your chances to get 7* Chewie in tge future. Bossk's node should be a priority. Furthermore, bountyhunters are great for TW/GA/TB.
    You should collect 5 ewok and 5 NS at 5* minimum for the events. Don't miss out on those free shards from those events. Wether you want to take them fourther for other purposes is up to you. NS are great in many game modes. Ewok will unlock 3P0 and have their uses in TW/GA, but you can do without them as well.
    Jolee will be usefull on a future jedi team. Zaalbar is required for unlocking Revan as is Jolee. You might as well start farming them now, even if the two OR cantina farms conflict with veterans.

    3).......

    1) My mod situation is a bit of a dumpster fire at the moment. I have reprioretized my mod and slicing mats farming, so it should get better overtime. But yeah, I really should just go through what I currently have and reprioretise who get what mods. Starting with my arena team, and going down the list of teams I use.

    2) Due to my current main priorities (better mods, better arena performance, better grand arena performance) some of your suggestions is going to have to be pushed further down the list. Jedi Training Rey and Chewbacca I am close to being in a position to u lock, but C3PO and Revan are far off still. This is why I have Bossk high in the priority list of characters to farm, but characters like the Ewoks and old republic has fallen further down the list for now. Currently I am going farming Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca, mother talzin, old daka, and Hermit Yoda. With nightsister zombie, nightsister acolyte, Bossk, possibly Jango Fett lined up behind them on the short list. Next faction in line after that is imperial troopers, and getting something together for a proper commander Luke skywalker team. But things are likely to change based on when I manage to get JTR and Chewbacca. And I wouldn’t be surprised if future partches also change them.

    Cheers and thanks
    Thavic Thule

    What you also want to consider is how long it will take you to get a character. If you want to farm a nightsister team you want may want to start farming the hard nodes first, because you know they will take you a long time.
    The characters in the squad arena store or with a cantina node are probably going to take a lot less time and that's why you can start them later and still have your team all 7* at the same time.
  • What you also want to consider is how long it will take you to get a character. If you want to farm a nightsister team you want may want to start farming the hard nodes first, because you know they will take you a long time.
    The characters in the squad arena store or with a cantina node are probably going to take a lot less time and that's why you can start them later and still have your team all 7* at the same time.

    I might want to prioritize zombie over daka then. Since daka I can get from cantina shipments as well.

    Cheers and thanks
    Thavic Thule.
  • Naraic
    2238 posts Member
    Any suggestions on how to prioritize speed across palpatine, thrawn, sion, nihilus, Vader?

    Vader fastest, he starts the tm train. There's a lot of battles that if vader goes first you win.

    Thrawn next because fracture is just so powerful a mechanic.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    Any suggestions on how to prioritize speed across palpatine, thrawn, sion, nihilus, Vader?

    Vader fastest, he starts the tm train. There's a lot of battles that if vader goes first you win.

    Thrawn next because fracture is just so powerful a mechanic.

    Yeah, not only that, but with his TM swap, more turns for Thrawn means more turns for pretty much anyone else. I use that ability a lot to get DN to Annihilate a lot faster.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    Any suggestions on how to prioritize speed across palpatine, thrawn, sion, nihilus, Vader?

    Vader fastest, he starts the tm train. There's a lot of battles that if vader goes first you win.

    Thrawn next because fracture is just so powerful a mechanic.

    Tweaked up the speed on my arena team. Going to need to up vader’s Speed a little bit more.

    I’m already at the tipping point to the next bracket.

    Cheers and thanks
    Thavic Thule
  • I’d focus on making Thrawn fastest, since Vader gets a lot of bonus speed anyway and Thrawn tends to be a more useful character long-term.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited January 4
    Here’s my Nightmare team as an example of how I’m modding. I should have Sion faster, but other than that, my speed order seems to work. Having the fastest Vader possible is only helpful with mirror matches, and I would avoid those if you can and instead focus on attacking Nightsisters or JTR teams https://swgoh.gg/squads/28652/
Sign In or Register to comment.