Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• Flawed thinking here.
    Adding bonuses to existing bad characters = requires programming and testing
    Taking away characters I worked on = can be done quickly

Fixed that for you

• Players have put a great deal of effort preparing for the current setup. Please don't change it.
  • So, this is coming from someone who really doesn't like TW.
    Congratulations, you have suceeeded in making something I hate even more terrible!
    As if having to check in to see progress every few hours isn't bad enough.
    Now you really want us to waste a bunch of time trying to work out what %^$#^ teams can be made from the scraps that are left from your random butchery.
    Well to put it bluntly. Not a hope in hell.
    We will just lay a bunch of random toons in, contact the guild we are matched with, and do the bare minimum to get the worthless rewards.

If they don't trash this idea, I hope we get paired up with you. We can do a 1 territory, all CUP battle and see who wins.

RWTD_Burn - Bears with Sabers
    https://swgoh.gg/u/rwtdBurn/
  • This is most **** idea ever in the history of the gaming...
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    RWTD_Burn wrote: »
    Grimstoned wrote: »
    The only thing the community can do to stop things like this going forward is to contact EA directly. That would be the only way to get through to the CG team is if their bosses have a heart to heart with them.

That's not how you get EA's attention. They speak only 1 language and it both starts and ends with $.

Languages neither start nor end with anything.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    The point is that people with big rosters will still be able to end up with some usable teams even if those teams will be nerfed because 1 or more key members will be unavailable. For exemple if I can't use my zPalp I may use a Zaul instead. Of course it's less effective but still usable at some point.

But for the relatively newer players with a small roster who only have a handful of useable toons, that means the tw will simply and purely be unplayable at all.
    What a fun...

I'm gonna laugh when low GP guilds who are still new to the game so they may not even visit the forums go to their next TW after waiting a month and a half for one, only to see their entire guild unable to place anything on defence and have nothing to attack with and wonder "What's going on".

Leaders really should have been excluded from this, ban Hera? there goes Pheonix! Too many toons there are relied upon because of their existence, take one out is like taking five out.

But hey, maybe they wanted to see what it was like to see TW have 0 defences set, after so many 0 defence set GA's.
  • Sentia
    280 posts Member
    Top Concern: Alienating new players! This change would like prevent the newest members of my guild from being able to participate at all. These newer players have 1 or 2 teams they could fields on defense as it is they are able to at least place a team in the back lines of defense. With key characters excluded several of them may be unable to field a team or at least a team with any synergy as we will likely be blocked from using Ezra and TFP which are key characters in their limited rosters to fill either rebel or empire squads.

Second Concern: CG doesn't take this well established and competitive game mode as seriously as the veteran player base does. My guild is at 49 wins out of 50 for the achievement, would really hurt morale if we are loosing suddenly because the designers got drunk over Christmas break and decide that this game mode which is one of our primary focuses was now a whimsical randomized playtesting sandbox. Please keep your terrible GA game mode that most people don't enjoy and 87.5% of players loose every round for your random shenanigans sandbox. Territory Wars are serious and we take pride in our efforts to strategize and win even when we faced guilds with over 20 million more GP than ours. There is a reason the biggest complaint thread on the forums (before this one) was about the matchmaking system in TW, we care about this mode, we enjoy it and we take it seriously. Focus your efforts on improving TW matchmaking systems, and maybe play a little with specific character or faction perks like was done in November (but more subtle and less overpowered perks please).

Summary: Please do not destroy what is the most competitive end game mode for top end guilds while simultaneously giving the finger to our newest players. Veteran player retention and consistently adding new players are the life blood of your community, this change doesn't make either group happy.
  • TVF wrote: »
    The only thing the community can do to stop things like this going forward is to contact EA directly. That would be the only way to get through to the CG team is if their bosses have a heart to heart with them.

That's not how you get EA's attention. They speak only 1 language and it both starts and ends with $.

Sure they do. The Language of love can start with a kiss and end with a divorce.

RWTD_Burn - Bears with Sabers
    https://swgoh.gg/u/rwtdBurn/
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Sure they do. The Language of love can start with a kiss and end with a divorce.

Lol I guess we can both play this game.
  • RWTD_Burn wrote: »

...one can only wish it ended at divorce. There's always a chance child support and alimony to prolong the agony.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • This is the worst idea. So with the positive feedback from TW where you gave bonuses to certain characters, your great idea is to not allow certain characters to participate in TW? That is not even on the same level as what we enjoyed from the November TWs. Why didn’t you just give certain characters penalties if you were going to go that route?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

...one can only wish it ended at divorce. There's always a chance child support and alimony to prolong the agony.

Sidetrack: Community Style
  • Sentia wrote: »
    Territory Wars are serious and we take pride in our efforts to strategize and win even when we faced guilds with over 20 million more GP than ours. There is a reason the biggest complaint thread on the forums (before this one) was about the matchmaking system in TW, we care about this mode, we enjoy it and we take it seriously.

This !!
    In our guild we love tw too and the common effort across the whole guild to end up with the most efficient strategy.

Maybe you can let the choice for the guilds to play competitive or casual tw and for the ones who decides to play casually then put all "fun" rules you want but let the ones who want to play it the competitive way do it seriously
    Top Concern: Alienating new players! This change would like prevent the newest members of my guild from being able to participate at all. These newer players have 1 or 2 teams they could fields on defense as it is they are able to at least place a team in the back lines of defense. With key characters excluded several of them may be unable to field a team or at least a team with any synergy as we will likely be blocked from using Ezra and TFP which are key characters in their limited rosters to fill either rebel or empire squads.

Second Concern: CG doesn't take this well established and competitive game mode as seriously as the veteran player base does. My guild is at 49 wins out of 50 for the achievement, would really hurt morale if we are loosing suddenly because the designers got drunk over Christmas break and decide that this game mode which is one of our primary focuses was now a whimsical randomized playtesting sandbox. Please keep your terrible GA game mode that most people don't enjoy and 87.5% of players loose every round for your random shenanigans sandbox. Territory Wars are serious and we take pride in our efforts to strategize and win even when we faced guilds with over 20 million more GP than ours. There is a reason the biggest complaint thread on the forums (before this one) was about the matchmaking system in TW, we care about this mode, we enjoy it and we take it seriously. Focus your efforts on improving TW matchmaking systems, and maybe play a little with specific character or faction perks like was done in November (but more subtle and less overpowered perks please).

Summary: Please do not destroy what is the most competitive end game mode for top end guilds while simultaneously giving the finger to our newest players. Veteran player retention and consistently adding new players are the life blood of your community, this change doesn't make either group happy.

I love GA and I love TW, because I’ve built my roster for PvP...
  • You urgently need to hire someone who is quite pessimistic and say look this is not going to work.

It was easier for example to change the location of the battle for example a jedi temple, and give bonus to all Jedi type +30 speed, 50% protection, attack. In the next war we go to Dathomir where the sisters have Defense bonus of the type to Nightsister Zombi is not affects by the effects of loses of speed of the undying sacrifice. In the third are the Sith benefited, and so on.

How many errors can be counted?

1) Do something that can greatly harm the battle for lower PG guilds.
    2) Poll can be easily manipulated
    3) Letting the EA team decide which characters are removed will inevitably provide arguments that certain groups have benefited over others, whether true or not.

If you have good sense, cancel this crap poll, make a common territory war, and go back to the drawing board.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I want a refund for the pain caused by this TW update
  • This 'improvement' to a 'more playful and fun direction' is really FUBAR!
    Just wait until Chuck Norris realizes, that you want to ban parts of his roster for TW!

3z3c3n75lf51.gif

• Please..no...
  • Don't nerf the all players, extend the goal posts, and give bonuses to random Toons on each TW.

If the upper tier guilds need a challenge, make it difficult to sandbag the front 2 Territories, by making it 4.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • JVU420
    429 posts Member
    One of the worst ideas ever. We work so hard and spent alot of time or money to use these toons not to see them banned. You should give toons buffs like before not take toons away.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Thanks for all the feedback, this is something we intended to be a fun change of pace for TW and we will review all of your responses. Capital Games is on holiday until January 7th, but we will catch up and review the feedback on TW/GA plus talk about the Road Ahead in the following weeks.

How about a change of pace for TB? It’s 6 days of monotony. The rewards are great but it is no fun and 0 variety. Leave TW alone or make small tweaks. Arena is stale because anyone with the right 5 toons can beat anyone. TW/GA challenges you and your guild in every aspect.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Thanks for all the feedback, this is something we intended to be a fun change of pace for TW and we will review all of your responses. Capital Games is on holiday until January 7th, but we will catch up and review the feedback on TW/GA plus talk about the Road Ahead in the following weeks.

You know that this means!

lmzcf1xjrqon.gif
  • They are delusional if they think these ridiculous "one time" events will bring new blood to TW. It only shows the exit door to more and more invested TW players.
  • ill conceived idea.

Disable certain characters abilities maybe, or boost others, but don't limit what we can take into TW.
    Territory Wars are serious and we take pride in our efforts to strategize and win even when we faced guilds with over 20 million more GP than ours. There is a reason the biggest complaint thread on the forums (before this one) was about the matchmaking system in TW, we care about this mode, we enjoy it and we take it seriously.

This !!
    In our guild we love tw too and the common effort across the whole guild to end up with the most efficient strategy.

Maybe you can let the choice for the guilds to play competitive or casual tw and for the ones who decides to play casually then put all "fun" rules you want but let the ones who want to play it the competitive way do it seriously

Bump this comment. TW is pretty much my guilds fav mode. Please dont think we don't find this mode unimportant, but as of the 7th of Jan I guess the 100pages of of this thread should make the point quite obvious ;]

Andros
  • I like the changes!

Thanks for keeping the game fresh!
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member

Lmao
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Here's a better idea, scrap GA, scrap arena, scrap ship arena.. Take all those rewards and add them to TW and let it run constantly. Then add Different random faction/toon boosts every time.
    Now that I'd vote for..
    😉
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Azazel224 wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    ORIGINAL THREAD
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    With the positive feedback we heard from the community following the limited-time character bonuses we added to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Clone Wars, as well as the recent addition of the Grand Arena events, we’re going to continue to shake things up in Territory Wars as we move into the future.

When Territory Wars was introduced, it was the first opportunity players had to test their full rosters against other players. Now that the Grand Arena events are running, we believe this will be a much better fit for challenging players who have a similar collection. This will be the arena for purely competitive play.

That frees us up to take Territory Wars in a more playful and fun direction. It also gives us as developers a ton more options to keep this mode fresh and interesting. We are planning to roll out many new types of Territory Wars in the future, but for the next Territory War, we’re giving the community the ability to shape what it looks like!

Here’s how it will work:
    1. The community will vote to keep 6 out of 10 groups of 4 characters that you want to see available during for next Territory War. Any groups NOT chosen will be unavailable for this Territory Wars
    2. While the community votes, the Dev team will hold their own poll and pick 1 out of 4 groups of characters to keep as well (For this Territory War, we’re publishing the groups that we’ll choose from ahead of time. See our potential picks in the Dev Poll Options below)
    3. Finally, we will post the Community’s top picks and our picks prior to the start of the event to give you time to strategize

Other Rules:
    • Any unlisted character (i.e., not in any group) will automatically be available for use
    • The poll will be open until Jan 7th
    • Results of both the Community and internal Dev poll will be posted on Jan 9th

We’d love to hear your feedback and ideas around Territory Wars - Community Style but also don’t forget to vote for January below!

THIS POLL IS FOR THE NEXT Territory Wars (1/13/2018). Click below and get picking!

January Community Poll Options:
    Choose 6 groups out of the 10
    uKpvmwg.png

January Dev Poll Options:
    We will vote internally on which 1 out of 4 groups below to keep! Who do you think we will choose?
    • GROUP 1: Han Solo, Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum), Enfys Nest, First Order Stormtrooper
    • GROUP 2: Ezra Bridger, Count Dooku, Sith Trooper, Kylo Ren
    • GROUP 3: Boba Fett, Hermit Yoda, Snowtrooper, First Order Executioner
    • GROUP 4: Bastila Shan, Wampa, Resistance Trooper, Tie Fighter Pilot
    ORIGINAL THREAD

Simple solution....dont vote. Dont give them the info they want if you dont like the choices just dont vote. I do it every election. If there is no candidate worth voting for then dont vote just to do it.

Ugh!
  • One_of_one wrote: »
    I like the changes!

Thanks for keeping the game fresh!

can you provide some info instead of just trolling. what about it keeps the game fresh?

nerfing tw, taking away tb, and forcing the ill conceived grand arena down our throats doesnt seem fresh to me and was just another rehash event that wasnt fresh or new imo. just copy paste lazy design development.

its almost impossible for new players to get into this game because of the cashgrab design so if we want to keep the game going pushing dividing the playerbase and pushing out whole groups of demographics because they want to beta test isnt a good idea imo and for star wars history it is something i will never forget. george lucas woulda brought the wrath down if this poor of a management strategy was in front of his product.

on holiday but cant even get the basics like calenders out on time and the game is over 4 years old.

most people arent blindly drinking koolaid and can see the writing on the wall if they dont change direction.

want to keep the game fresh imo get rid of grand arena, bring back tb/tw and add more environments to tb and tw and expand out that feature. thats what they should of done in the first place if there was any real intelligence to understand the analytical data.
This discussion has been closed.