Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• I hope dumb idea of cutting rosters gonna suck so much that will be a single use thing or even turned down after community reaction
  • AZgo
    11 posts Member
    Dear CG, with all my respect, do you really think that mutilating/crippling squads/factions is the right way to shake the things up?
    Honestly I don't see why even we would need changes in TW since there are a lot of diversity in any cherrypicked guilds' rosters, so much to play with mods and squad setups, etc.
    I never thought that taking away is the way that brings joy to anyone.

This, even, requests player to put significantly more efforts and time in the game to plan ahead (+voting decision) and takes away the satisfaction of success of upgraded toons/setups (from previous TW)!
  • @CG_SBCrumb thanks for checking in and posting this stuff on vacation
  • These TW changes are a very bad idea. Neither myself nor my guild approve. All of us worked hard or spent good money on our development and these TW changes are a blatant disregard of our "pride and accomplishment". Also, I am not a big fan of grand arena. It is an individual rehash of TW that takes too long. It's fine in small doses but this will get boring quickly. Just to be clear: THIS IS NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR THE TW CHANGES. WE DO NOT WANT THIS. EVER.
  • Kurrgan
    100 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Not sure what everyone is freaking out about. Just rewards deep rosters and creativity so the best players will still win their matches. They will do a few rounds of this rotating out different characters and see how it goes. Aren't you sick of fighting the same teams over and over with the same counters? Urzatron will be in heaven!
  • Whazn wrote: »
    Tw was my favorite game mode by far. This makes me not want to play it. Nice work CG! Just gonna collect the 2nd place rewards now and not even care. The amount of time I spend in the game is on a continual decline due to poor choices, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Dude you are not alone. This has to be the silliest most hare-brained scheme I’ve ever heard in a game. I’ll be participating minimally for sure. Are the devs hung over? Who dreamed this asinine plan up?
  • @CG_SBCrumb

Instead of announcing ridiculous stuff like this why not ask the community before modifying one of the best things going in the game?
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Here's a better idea, scrap GA, scrap arena, scrap ship arena.. Take all those rewards and add them to TW and let it run constantly. Then add Different random faction/toon boosts every time.
    Now that I'd vote for..
    😉
  • Jevare
    40 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I can vote 10000000000000 times, so what the point. Russian hackers are working on vote bot, boom!!!

This is just worse adv for this monkey site, lol
  • I realize that at CG you will experiment with different ideas, but I want to join my voice to the many others that disagree with this move. Several within the community (such as Finn from the RSG show) have suggested that you continue buffing certain characters or playing with the game in a way that doesn't limit the use of characters that we all worked for. I wholeheartedly agree with that. As a relatively newer player of 3 months or so, I only recently achieved level 85. I have a couple solid teams and a couple okay ones. That being said I can still contribute what little I have to TW. However, the list of characters that might be banned would neuter or possibly completely eliminate what little I can do for my guild in TW as a good majority of what I have available is in those lists of characters. I just got those characters to be powerful enough to matter and now I may not be able to use them? That isn't to say that it only affects lower GP players. The high GP players have worked very hard on their characters (many of which were specifically geared and level for TW) and they deserve the right to play those characters they farmed for.

On another note I don't know how definite the calendar is for next month, but it concerns me as well. This was the first Grand Arena I had been able to take part in and it has been very exciting. I was looking forward to participating in them every week and now it looks like there will only be one next month? I don't understand that at all if it is true. There is no reason to not run GA along with the other events. If players don't want to participate it doesn't cost them anything and doesn't hurt their guild.

I really appreciate how much CG seems to care about the community it has built so please consider these things very seriously. Many of us (yes even newer players) have put a lot of time and/or money into this game. We love it so please let us play with our toys rather than taking them away from us. It feels more like punishment to some of us.

Thanks for everything,
    Tangent
  • I was already sour on GA b/c it’s really not any more interesting than TW, maybe less so because you will either be able to get past the strong bottleneck teams or you won’t, and if not, you’re dead in the water from the get go without so much as a chance. At least in TW you had other guild teams to assist and break down bottlenecks to a certain extent.

Why do you overthink this CG? I think many of us would have found adding specific one-TW bonuses far more entertaining, for example, droid only team for bonus guild event credits or droid shards, specific synergies of characters formthe event, etc. I thought the reception for the TW with Mace, dooku, etc., bonuses was generally very positive, so why not do that again or every other TW, or whatever? Why come up with this convoluted idea of how to keep the game fresh?

Over the entire past year you introduced dozens of toons, now you unroll an event where you’ve removed dozens of toons randomly...this doesn’t strike you as completely tone deaf to the community which I believe a long time ago in a galaxy far far away overwhelmingly stated that you needed to stop introducing all those toons? And now you wants us to play with a lot fewer of the toons that you thrust upon us. Really? And in the process just wipe out the synergies that we have been trying so diligently and wisely to use our resource management, as you have explicity stated is part of the game, to create?

Did you run this idea by anyone in the community? Maybe next time you should look to the community for the ideas about how to make fresh...I don’t think this would have been anyone’s grand idea, and you wouldn’t have spent the time doing this when you could be doing productive reworks and quality of life improvements, much of which seems to be pushed aside because you have too many things on the list and not enough time...perhaps some resource management issues in the developers lounge?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    One_of_one wrote: »
    I like the changes!

Thanks for keeping the game fresh!

can you provide some info instead of just trolling. what about it keeps the game fresh?

To be fair, you should be complaining equally about all the "I hate this" posts that also have no info.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »
    Here's a better idea, scrap GA, scrap arena, scrap ship arena.. Take all those rewards and add them to TW and let it run constantly. Then add Different random faction/toon boosts every time.
    Now that I'd vote for..
    😉

What? No thank you!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Discussing which characters to place two zetas on:

l66uzfxji1pt.jpeg
  • cpmp8b2d69k2.png

This version of TW seems to go against the core tenant that caused the Zombie rework. By banning certain characters you are punishing and not rewarding the stratigic investment of resources into those characters, especially since 12 of the banned characters will be chosen by the developers and not the community. Based on the fact that Zombie got reworked for that this should also be reworked which is easy, just don't do it
  • TydusKlife wrote: »
    cpmp8b2d69k2.png

This version of TW seems to go against the core tenant that caused the Zombie rework. By banning certain characters you are punishing and not rewarding the stratigic investment of resources into those characters, especially since 12 of the banned characters will be chosen by the developers and not the community. Based on the fact that Zombie got reworked for that this should also be reworked which is easy, just don't do it

This. So much this.
  • TVF wrote: »
    One_of_one wrote: »
    I like the changes!

Thanks for keeping the game fresh!

can you provide some info instead of just trolling. what about it keeps the game fresh?

To be fair, you should be complaining equally about all the "I hate this" posts that also have no info.

i agree. if you just cry about something and dont provide any context it is unhelpful for anyone to understand where your coming from.
  • I personally object to this TW change. As a new player and one who’s just getting his feet wet in TW, you’re basically taking a short roster and making it even shorter. I’ve watched several of the game changers YouTube videos, I agree that there are plenty of subtle ways to improve TW. This however is not one of them.
  • This is just about the worst idea imaginable. You really think that destroying some of our best groups of characters is going to improve TW? Shame on you, CG.
  • GA is trash just like this idea. Banned toons don’t make this “fun”...just benefits the lower gp players. Idk where y’all come with these ideas lol but....🤦🏽‍♂️
  • I've read the forums often but never had an interest in posting. Seeing this change made me create an account just so I could provide feedback. As a community member I do not support this change and I do not like having to vote outside of the game.

My time is valuable and I do not like having characters I worked hard to upgrade restricted from TW. Like others here, I've watched the YouTube videos (MobileGamer, etc.) and they had some interesting ideas on TW improvements that don't restrict our hard earned characters.

Lastly, as a player and paying customer I want to receive more for my time and money. I don't want the things I've earned to be restricted. Territory Wars is a really awesome Guild activity and being able to use our full collection is what makes it so cool.

P.S. At this point you've taken the community feedback and run the opposite direction. If you're truly interested in making things "playful and fun" then why don't you ask the community for their thoughts on how TW can be improved and separated from GA while still preserving the essence of what players enjoy about it.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Now that I'd vote for..
    😉
    TVF wrote: »
    Now that I'd vote for..
    😉

What? No thank you!

You wouldn't one combined arena that's fun and Guild oriented instead of four arena styled things?
    It's all still pve anyway..
    why do we have four places to battle the same handful of meta teams?

Edit: if they only had one, they could fix all the matchmaking and everything
  • Booogie wrote: »
    GA is trash just like this idea. Banned toons don’t make this “fun”...just benefits the lower gp players. Idk where y’all come with these ideas lol but....🤦🏽‍♂️

Actually, I think GA is slightly better than this idea :D But that's not saying a lot.
  • TydusKlife wrote: »
    cpmp8b2d69k2.png

Zombie are nerfed because HSR exploit. Nothing more.
    They can do all excuses they want, only HSR can do a char be nerfed this days.
    They are giving a **** about which toons we gear up.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Thanks for all the feedback, this is something we intended to be a fun change of pace for TW and we will review all of your responses. Capital Games is on holiday until January 7th, but we will catch up and review the feedback on TW/GA plus talk about the Road Ahead in the following weeks.

Please don't "not do this". This is the first time I've been excited for TW in a long time. The same people on here complaining over and over again while begging for this not to happen, are clearly as excited as I am. No one could honestly believe that people "this invested" in this game would spend so much time and effort on here complaining without already working on new stratgies already. People with deep rosters will get through this and have fun; the only challenge that really exists would be for people who are actively "sandbagging" their accounts and only developing what apparently equates to 56 characters anyway. I'd be sure to guess the developers have the data, and outside of a few outliers (if any) everyone who has participated in the past will still be able to participate now. And just my last 2 cents, it would be very fitting if everyone who claims they're not voting, doesn't vote, and a handful of votes such as mine take it all.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    yuuzhanron wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Thanks for all the feedback, this is something we intended to be a fun change of pace for TW and we will review all of your responses. Capital Games is on holiday until January 7th, but we will catch up and review the feedback on TW/GA plus talk about the Road Ahead in the following weeks.

Please don't "not do this". This is the first time I've been excited for TW in a long time. The same people on here complaining over and over again while begging for this not to happen, are clearly as excited as I am. No one could honestly believe that people "this invested" in this game would spend so much time and effort on here complaining without already working on new stratgies already. People with deep rosters will get through this and have fun; the only challenge that really exists would be for people who are actively "sandbagging" their accounts and only developing what apparently equates to 56 characters anyway. I'd be sure to guess the developers have the data, and outside of a few outliers (if any) everyone who has participated in the past will still be able to participate now. And just my last 2 cents, it would be very fitting if everyone who claims they're not voting, doesn't vote, and a handful of votes such as mine take it all.

Most of the comments here are against allowing a precedent of toons being restricted from ANY event. It's not that ppl are against new things. this isn't a new and exciting addition, it's taking away the opportunity to use things ppl worked on for months specifically for TW events.
  • I don't like this idea.

I'm 1.9m gp, my roster is limited enough without losing even one Leader.

I've spent the last 2 months farming OR, I'm 36 shards total off being Revan ready. They are geared accordingly. I have Revans Zetas and Omegas waiting. Currently working on the 400x Carabantis and 150x stun guns.

And now you're telling me banning a character I've worked so hard to be ready for is "Playful and Fun" ?

I dont think the community agrees, judging by the 40 pages of mainly "against" comments on you're own forum
This discussion has been closed.