Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• Boomer8800
    408 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I find it interesting that folks are crying the "sky is falling" for some toons that might not be available for 2 TW's yes just 2TW's. Are we that dependent on a few set of toons that we can't adapt, improvise and overcome for these 2 TW. You still have these toons (whatever they are) available in game still. I'm ok for a rotation of toons being excluded for TW. Folks get stuck in patterns and ruts so having to come up with new counters and new teams is a fresh take.

The one constant in this game has always been "Those that live by the Meta will also die by the Meta" also removing some toons don't make a faction unusable, it only changes the way folks have been using those factions based on current deployments and counters. Now it will make folks learn and use them in a different manner, thus getting folks familiar with the toons better and their other abilities. my .02
  • yuuzhanron wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Thanks for all the feedback, this is something we intended to be a fun change of pace for TW and we will review all of your responses. Capital Games is on holiday until January 7th, but we will catch up and review the feedback on TW/GA plus talk about the Road Ahead in the following weeks.

Please don't "not do this". This is the first time I've been excited for TW in a long time. The same people on here complaining over and over again while begging for this not to happen, are clearly as excited as I am. No one could honestly believe that people "this invested" in this game would spend so much time and effort on here complaining without already working on new stratgies already. People with deep rosters will get through this and have fun; the only challenge that really exists would be for people who are actively "sandbagging" their accounts and only developing what apparently equates to 56 characters anyway. I'd be sure to guess the developers have the data, and outside of a few outliers (if any) everyone who has participated in the past will still be able to participate now. And just my last 2 cents, it would be very fitting if everyone who claims they're not voting, doesn't vote, and a handful of votes such as mine take it all.

I see you mentioned people with deep rosters. What about people who are newer players and genuinely have smaller rosters? Did you think of how this will effect them? There's no way they can participate if their go-to toons are suddenly gone without being able to replace them.
    As for your claim that focusing on 56 characters or less is "sandbagging," consider that players like me who are F2P have to strategize carefully where resources go. This is not "sandbagging," this is strategizing which, if I'm not mistaken, is what this game is supposed to be about. These characters that need to be prioritized are the ones on the potential ban list.
    Also, your claims about the developers having the data already on who will be able to participate is a bit naive. Off the top of my head, I can think of 5 people in my guild, including me, who would be unable to participate in this next TW if they decide to go through with this idea. In reality, there's probably more.
  • I do however like GA. 3v3 or 5v5 both I enjoyed.

They both highlighted my need for a deeper roster of relevant squads and characters.

I am working toward this.

What I cannot agree with is randomly losing characters and leaders.

If you did listen to the community, like you say you do, you would give us random zones buffs either faction or individual.

P.s Work on a new raid and leave both 3p0 n Traya alone.
  • This is a great idea..it helps the little guy some not alot and the f2p as well..if you see all whales crying about it you know its a good idea..i know they will say its because of them f2p are still f2p well pat yourself on the back big guy and come down here with rest of us and join the real party
  • What’s the real party?
    This is a great idea..it helps the little guy some not alot and the f2p as well..if you see all whales crying about it you know its a good idea..i know they will say its because of them f2p are still f2p well pat yourself on the back big guy and come down here with rest of us and join the real party

• Mef1428
    144 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    This is a great idea..it helps the little guy some not alot and the f2p as well..if you see all whales crying about it you know its a good idea..i know they will say its because of them f2p are still f2p well pat yourself on the back big guy and come down here with rest of us and join the real party
    They're not, at least not for that reason. Whales likely have less of their usable roster decimated by losing 28 characters. It will probably hurt the lowest GP the most, as they can afford to lose fewer characters than whales and already have fewer usable teams.

Whales are complaining to the extent they can't use premium characters behind a pay wall. Right now, that's Revan, and very few others on the chopping block.
  • Why do you insist on ruining this game? I like playing the TWs and now you are ruining it. I do not want to use characters you think I should be using, I want to use all the characters I spent time and money building. This may be your dumbest idea to date. GA is utter garbage and I’ll not be participating from now on. I will seriously consider deleting this game from my phone. Quit screwing this game up. Please. Your ideas are terrible, leave TWs alone!!!
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I really dislike this, but I know that means nothing. It's decided by the devs (not us) and I really think the game has started going backwards. Post a poll of who wants this. I dare you.
  • Arrrcher wrote: »
    That's a total of 28 characters you won't be able to use in this next TW

I've only been playing a year. Your banning most of my viable roster. How is that fun, or enjoyable. My guilds planning on just setting one defensive team, and collecting 2nd place rewards until you stop this nonsense. Hope we go through w it.
    [/quote]

I'm going to raise this idea with my ranked guild as well. We're 150 million GP and we're livid. Not sure if we're going to fully boycott or what. Whoever pitched and then approved this idea should be demoted at best.
  • TVF wrote: »
    One_of_one wrote: »
    I like the changes!

Thanks for keeping the game fresh!

can you provide some info instead of just trolling. what about it keeps the game fresh?

To be fair, you should be complaining equally about all the "I hate this" posts that also have no info.

i agree. if you just cry about something and dont provide any context it is unhelpful for anyone to understand where your coming from.

You don't need to provide context when the thing they are expressing is an opinion.

An opinion such as: this idea is a big ol plate of moldy beans.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Thanks for all the feedback, this is something we intended to be a fun change of pace for TW and we will review all of your responses. Capital Games is on holiday until January 7th, but we will catch up and review the feedback on TW/GA plus talk about the Road Ahead in the following weeks.

You need to scrap this idea NOW.
  • Elyk
    22 posts Member
    snoboredca wrote: »
    Arrrcher wrote: »
    That's a total of 28 characters you won't be able to use in this next TW

I've only been playing a year. Your banning most of my viable roster. How is that fun, or enjoyable. My guilds planning on just setting one defensive team, and collecting 2nd place rewards until you stop this nonsense. Hope we go through w it.

I'm going to raise this idea with my ranked guild as well. We're 150 million GP and we're livid. Not sure if we're going to fully boycott or what. Whoever pitched and then approved this idea should be demoted at best.[/quote]

Yeah, thats the thing that gets me (kind of like bad movies). Obviously CG Joe Blow had to be stoned out of his mind when he came up with this atrocity. The thing that makes me go "Wow," though is how many people this idea was probably passed through. Like....NOBODY spoke up and said, "Go home, Joe, youre too high for this today,"???
  • There’s literally nothing I like about this plan- this totally ruins tw- #dontchangetw
  • If CG, as the headline suggests, want to give the community more input on TW, why not just listen to the majority opinion that has been expressed in this thread in no uncertain terms?
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Mon Mothma: “Emperor Palpatine, the war has become stagnant. Therefore we have decided to allow Tuskens and Jawas to determine which of our soldiers can fight.”

Palpatine: “ .... “

Vader: “ Oh yeah! Vacation time! I’ll just use some PTO”

Royal Guard: “Me too!”

Palpatine: “Shut it Red, nobody even likes you anymore. You’ve been on a blasted vacation for two years. Mothma, this is ridiculous. We are are war. Bring your best and I’ll bring mine!”

Mom Mothma: “No. That isn’t fun enough.”

Palpatine: “How in Bane’s blue blazes did you even win a battle? This is stupid. I’m going to just play Candy Crush for now. Let me know what you are going take this seriously”

• Davo
    121 posts Member
    We could always protest it by everyone setting their clone wars chewy on defense alone and walking away from that battle
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    If CG, as the headline suggests, want to give the community more input on TW, why not just listen to the majority opinion that has been expressed in this thread in no uncertain terms?

This thread is a tiny minority of the overall player base. Not supporting the idea myself (I'm neutral until I play it) or saying the majority non-vocal base wants it either, but let's not pretend we speak for everyone.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I am trying to figure out how removing toons that I have spent resources on to get them competitive and all the 1,000s of hours on this game can be termed fun to remove them. Making useless and almost useless characters OP for TW is fun. Ruining synergy on teams and combos that we have honed to tell us we will need to learn on the fly in a one shot battle ranks right up there with "New Coke" and ihob (formerly known as IHOP). Make jedi knight guarding or mob boss is fun, removing the top toons is not. Please reconsider this foolish idea. You work hard to get the community involved and informed, but now you shove this down our throat.
    Never tell me the odds...
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »
    Here's a better idea, scrap GA, scrap arena, scrap ship arena.. Take all those rewards and add them to TW and let it run constantly. Then add Different random faction/toon boosts every time.
    Now that I'd vote for..
    😉
    TVF wrote: »
    Here's a better idea, scrap GA, scrap arena, scrap ship arena.. Take all those rewards and add them to TW and let it run constantly. Then add Different random faction/toon boosts every time.
    Now that I'd vote for..
    😉

What? No thank you!

You wouldn't one combined arena that's fun and Guild oriented instead of four arena styled things?
    It's all still pve anyway..
    why do we have four places to battle the same handful of meta teams?

Edit: if they only had one, they could fix all the matchmaking and everything

No I don't want less content, I want more content. I like playing this game.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Elyk
    22 posts Member
    If CG, as the headline suggests, want to give the community more input on TW, why not just listen to the majority opinion that has been expressed in this thread in no uncertain terms?

This thread is a tiny minority of the overall player base. Not supporting the idea myself (I'm neutral until I play it) or saying the majority non-vocal base wants it either, but let's not pretend we speak for everyone.

That is a valid point. Why I wish theyd do more in game surveys to gardener information. Then they could post results to accurately reflect the entirety of the playerbase.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Who knows this might actually be fun? Its not a permanent change to TW, its going to be effective for the following TW that's it.

A lot of people were yelling how bad 3v3 is and there is still plenty more that voice concerns about 3v3 Format

I don't like this kind of idea (banning 28 characters) but I think CG should commit all the way at this point and let the players get a feel for it. Its just 1 TW
  • Davo wrote: »
    We could always protest it by everyone setting their clone wars chewy on defense alone and walking away from that battle

The best way to protest is tell your guild to not join the next TW. Sure you might miss out on a couple of zetas but maybe EA will see in the data feeds that participation went down because of this insanity.
  • Boomer8800 wrote: »
    I find it interesting that folks are crying the "sky is falling" for some toons that might not be available for 2 TW's yes just 2TW's. Are we that dependent on a few set of toons that we can't adapt, improvise and overcome for these 2 TW. You still have these toons (whatever they are) available in game still. I'm ok for a rotation of toons being excluded for TW. Folks get stuck in patterns and ruts so having to come up with new counters and new teams is a fresh take.

The one constant in this game has always been "Those that live by the Meta will also die by the Meta" also removing some toons don't make a faction unusable, it only changes the way folks have been using those factions based on current deployments and counters. Now it will make folks learn and use them in a different manner, thus getting folks familiar with the toons better and their other abilities. my .02

I just checked your swgoh.gg account that you linked to in your signature and it's pretty obvious you're a whale. There's nothing wrong with that, but you obviously don't think about this the way a F2P player would. You have an extremely large number of characters developed. You're over 5 million in GP. You'll still come out of the ban with a decent amount of full teams, but not everyone is that way.
    Maybe once you've reached your level, you get stuck in a rut and rely on the same teams over and over again. I'm still a developing player, so I may have a new team I test in TW, or a team I pull from defense because it didn't perform as well as expected last time. I really don't need all my viable characters being taken from me to force me to try new things, because all it does is completely destroy the viability of all my teams and therefore make me GP deadweight for my guild.
  • Whoever thought of this pile of stink should be fired now. This totally took the spirit of what they did with Mace Windu and wiped their butt with it.
  • i kinda like the idea, the execution seems a tad extreme for starting off...i would understand if it was 2-3 blocks...but 6 seems a tad too many..it will cripple many players not p2w.....
  • Bad idea. Don’t. Fix. What. Isn’t. Broken. How hard is that. ****
  • Whoever thought of this pile of stink should be fired now. This totally took the spirit of what they did with Mace Windu and wiped their butt with it.

While I may have phrased it differently, this is the sentiment I have encountered. CG for what it is worth, opinions outside this forum have tossed around the phrase "deal breaker" and "final straw". At least do one thing, if it fails do not post what a success it was or how the players are excited. Clearly we are not.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Now that I'd vote for..
    😉
    Now that I'd vote for..
    😉

What? No thank you!

You wouldn't one combined arena that's fun and Guild oriented instead of four arena styled things?
    It's all still pve anyway..
    why do we have four places to battle the same handful of meta teams?

Edit: if they only had one, they could fix all the matchmaking and everything

No I don't want less content, I want more content. I like playing this game.

Fair enough, in not not as big a fan of the same few battles in small scale arenas. I'd prefer more stuff like tb and events (like all the events running this holiday).
    My favorite "pvp" is the original TW.
    Would love a practice arena tho (between allies), I'd never stop playing..
This discussion has been closed.