7* Chewie ridiculous

The rng & turn meter they get is stupid...they burn brought my 7* g12 characters with me usually getting only a single shot off.....if this is how CG is going to release legendary toons going forward I am not a fan

Replies

• cmg799 wrote: »
    The rng & turn meter they get is stupid...they burn brought my 7* g12 characters with me usually getting only a single shot off.....if this is how CG is going to release legendary toons going forward I am not a fan

This event is notoriously difficult and requires luck with RNG. However, you haven’t specified your team, gear levels, leader, etc. Here’s the team I used:

yce0feo2ix25.png

My Boba had 295 speed, everyone else above 200 as well. Dengar was vital to stopping R2. Kill Chewie first.
  • Guy in my guild pulled it off with ZBossk g11, g10 Bobba, g9 Embo, Cad, g8 Dengar. If he can do it, anything is possible. I have the screenshot, im just a pleb and dont know how to upload
  • He was entirely sure that his switch from defensive mods to full out crit dmg/crit chance did it.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I did it with g12 zbossk and boba, and g11 not-dengars (IG, Greedo, Cad)

it's very difficult, as advertised.

and based off of C3, the only legendary released since, they are not all going to be this hard.
  • I tried with a g11 bossk. Disaster. Upgraded him to g12 and modded prot over health and did it first try then. Team was g12 zbossk, G11 boba, g9 dengar, g8 greedo and cad. Greedo died immediately. Finished with 4 standing. Chewie down first then used aoe after that don't use aoe before he is down because when they resist your debuffs they get tm
  • I am FTP and I got him with this squad1iq184ywdh66.png
    qigwew9k50fy.png
  • Did it in 3rd run, after I put arena mods on boba and bossk, my team:
    Zbossk lead, boba, zam, cad, dengar
    All glvl11, boba glvl12
    Rng is a difficult enemy but not beatable, as stated above, take down chewie first.
  • Here is my line up:
    - zBossk g12
    - Boba g12
    - zDengar g11
    - Cad g11
    - Greedo g9

They burn best I’ve been able to do is to get through Chewie & Han, then they go rapid fire to knock me out without anything I can do

n8dtiqa809kn.png
    2ds022jfv0s2.png
  • Ryche
    151 posts Member
    I was finally able to 7* Chewie.

Here is my squad i used:
    https://swgoh.gg/squads/106351/

Used a boba lead. Mods on boba I put CC and CD.
    Potency crosses on rest.

Kill order: Chewie, Lando. Han, Leai, R2.

Boba and Bossk survived the ordeal.
  • Ok any feedback is very much appreciated. I’ve watched you tube videos, read forum messages, spent money this time, tried a lot of different things but still impossible to get 7 star Chewie. Any suggestions??? Here’s my team and mods...

.,am22okwqy1fu.jpeg
    cukz69s28yl6.jpeg
  • By the way I’ve tried other mods good and bad with same results.
  • Avoid AOEs - ROLO Leadership is active, so if you AOE with e.g. Rapid Fire you give them all 30% TM.
  • Dont AoE, and ive seen people say get Bossks taunt up before hunting party, i did the opposite. Went Hunting Party on Chewie then rng to get Bobba to crit with execute and hope for the best after
  • Still can’t get close...they wipe me out without issue
  • Mods killed this game. Killed this event. Killed it all. It’s the Rian Johnson of GOH. I’ve spent HOURS on this stupid event. I’m over it. As others seem to be.
  • I have spent nearly 8 hours if not more on this event. Gear 12 7 star z’d out. And can’t make a dent. Decent mods. But let’s be honest. Mods are trash. Too much involved. If I have spent so much time in order to max out players like I did. It shouldn’t be this ridiculous. It’s pathetic. It’s insane. Over it
  • G11 Bossk (zeta lead), Boba
    G10 88, Bane
    G8 Dengar
    ~90 speed min on everyone, not only beat in under half an hour but 3* it
  • ToLive
    105 posts Member
    I hope CG finally understand that "challenge" means hard fight not cheat fight. This hidden buffs, full tm on start, full tm from zero and totally rng base fight can be qualified as cheat fight. And what is supposed to be fun make so much stress.
    Fire designer of this lvl and promote one from CLS legendary - it was cool, a bit hard and without cheat fights.
  • Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    ToLive wrote: »
    I hope CG finally understand that "challenge" means hard fight not cheat fight. This hidden buffs, full tm on start, full tm from zero and totally rng base fight can be qualified as cheat fight. And what is supposed to be fun make so much stress.
    Fire designer of this lvl and promote one from CLS legendary - it was cool, a bit hard and without cheat fights.

There’s no pre-loaded TM - they are just very very high speed. Plus it gets worse if:

a) Your Team is low speed - I managed with +75 on each (nothing special) but some of those struggling on here are using +10 to +50 which obviously won’t cut it.
    b) Ignoring ROLOs leadership and using AOE debuffs - Which gives the enemy +30 TM each!

G11+ is what CG recommend, I’d suggest G12 on at least Boba (he’s doing the killing), minimum of +75 speed and DONT AOE! Then it becomes much more manageable.

P.S. - It’s not fair to compare to CLS which is a)Not a Legendary Event b)Easy difficultly. This event had significant pre-warning that it was going to be very challenging 1st time round. Also, there are the videos/combined experience of those successful first time round to guide those (like me) who needed more time to get a solid team and do it this time.
  • ToLive wrote: »

I was once like you... frustrated and burned out on the RNG.

This event is 100% mod tuning though. Once modded correctly, it's pretty straight forward with high enough gear.

https://swgoh.gg/p/292164451/characters/?f=Bounty+Hunters

Here's my toons. All OG. Zam>IG