Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• Love the game, the devs and the community but do not like this particular idea. Sorry.
  • Magoo
    12 posts Member
    I don’t like this at all. It eliminates the ability to use the teams we spend time and $$ building. I hope this idea is one and done.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    I find it interesting that folks are crying the "sky is falling" for some toons that might not be available for 2 TW's yes just 2TW's. Are we that dependent on a few set of toons that we can't adapt, improvise and overcome for these 2 TW. You still have these toons (whatever they are) available in game still. I'm ok for a rotation of toons being excluded for TW. Folks get stuck in patterns and ruts so having to come up with new counters and new teams is a fresh take.

The one constant in this game has always been "Those that live by the Meta will also die by the Meta" also removing some toons don't make a faction unusable, it only changes the way folks have been using those factions based on current deployments and counters. Now it will make folks learn and use them in a different manner, thus getting folks familiar with the toons better and their other abilities. my .02

If your a high gp its no problem if your below 2 million its a huge problem. No word wall needed and its 1 tw
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    When you vote out all the counters to a god toon u only get unbeatable teams like this dood4w41t51yp30a.png
  • We’re applying CG’s playful and fun approach to the Sith Raid:

jaf8l7j9buoc.jpeg
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    When you vote out all the counters to a god toon u only get unbeatable teams like this dood4w41t51yp30a.png

Good god. Imagine if Mission had been zeta'd too... :s But you're right, how can you counter that without certain teams that are about to be banned?
  • Elyk
    22 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

But hey, on the positive 650ish more battles and you'll be through that protection. 😎
  • I'm sorry but I remember before and during the bonuses to tw that everyone was so glad that it breathed a breath of fresh air into a gamemode that was quickly becoming stale. This definitely counts as a breath of fresh air. To those complaining that the bonuses won't return- there's nothing to say they won't. And though I'm repeating sentiments I've already seen (as the officer in our guild that is responsible for tw) I'm cautiously optimistic about this mode. It means a lot of new theorycrafting, and really takes away the autopilot section of the game. 'Oh there's a traya team, just chuck cls and chewie and be done', now it'll be trying to work out counters that noone has ever seen, because this is a mode that encourages creative play. Sure you'll miss out of something you've farmed, but so will everyone else, and next tw you'll be able to use it, so go you.

As I said, I'm kinda excited for these changes but I'm concerned CG will back off bc of the people that see a change to a gamemode they used to **** about and all of a sudden start start demanding a return to the olden days.

P.S those who are calling 3v3 the worst thing to happen to the game, or GA the worst thing to happen. I'm genuinely confused as to why that is- I thought it was really interesting. Could you enlighten me as to your reasons?

They probably focusing on 6-8 squads of 5 men so dont have enough squads for GA.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Comet19 wrote: »

Good god. Imagine if Mission had been zeta'd too... :s But you're right, how can you counter that without certain teams that are about to be banned?

Lol i cant win with unbanned toons
  • I mean, maybe were just judging this too soon. Maybe it could be getting us to tryout unique teams and find different ways of getting past this. It just seems to me that they are trying to limit the use of revan and traya, as well as other guys that work.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • The best part about this is the complete radio silence from the mods/devs on this forum...

Skrrrtskrtskrt
  • TVF wrote: »
    RWTD_Burn wrote: »
    Grimstoned wrote: »
    The only thing the community can do to stop things like this going forward is to contact EA directly. That would be the only way to get through to the CG team is if their bosses have a heart to heart with them.

That's not how you get EA's attention. They speak only 1 language and it both starts and ends with $.

Languages neither start nor end with anything.

Your sarcasm is dually noted,
    If i spelled that correctly.
  • You seem to be forgetting that toons will be banned for both sides. Offense and defense will be affected for BOTH players.
    There's also a way to choose toons to be banned. Check your roster, your guild's and decide for the toons to be removed. Make your players vote. It's that easy.
    I am tired of using a few squads everywhere. It's boring. This new approach will freshen the things, make you think outside the box. You have an opportunity to rediscover your old toons, make them useful again, and most of all, enjoy the game and its compexity again.
    I really don't understand those complaining and voicing their concern in the name of all the players. Well, you're not the majority, there are also players who like the changes. They're just not that noisy.
  • One_of_one wrote: »
    I like the changes!

Thanks for keeping the game fresh!

Understandable.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

You also can't win throwing one toon at that squad over and over in a failed attempt to prove a point.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member

You have to try harder than sending one toon at a time like your other posts show
  • DarthMarr wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    jbs2886 wrote: »
    Does this mean these characters get bonuses? Its very unclear what the groupings mean.
    Anyone picked will be available in the next TW. The 4 groups of characters (16 total) that don't get picked from the Community Poll, will be temporarily banned for the next TW. Plus we will pick 1 of 4 groups, which mean 3 more groups (12 characters) will not be available. That's a total of 28 characters you won't be able to use in this next TW

at least make it ingame vote... I did not played ever a game which most important part is decided on a website, and i did not get a mail ingame aboput it. I come here becouse i saw a video on youtube about it, not becouse devs sad me ingame somehow. Big disapointman on that part too.

Yes. This is a very good point. What if you dont have an account on forums?
    You use your vader and the game says "nope" and you`re like "wut?"
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    edited January 2019
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

You also can't win throwing one toon at that squad over and over in a failed attempt to prove a point.

2s10pqa306kp.jpeg
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    3pourr2 wrote: »

You have to try harder than sending one toon at a time like your other posts show

I love that its glaringly obvious so much so that everyonce can see it... except the ones posting it... for some reason it just dont click Telling ya its “lil cheney” syndrome
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

2s10pqa306kp.jpeg

Now this is a meme I support!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • So first off hate this change. My guess is this came about because of 2 things. 1st at the lower guild levels 1 single revan team can hold off an entire guild. (we have all seen the screenshots of various OP teams taking 40, 50, I have even seen a few in the upper 90 battles) at the higher up guilds counter have been farmed but it still exists to a lesser extent. And it isnt just revans, NS particularly in the lower gp guilds can hold off tons if teams as well. They are using this to break those teams up to make them more beatable. (Again just my theory). 2. You started to get guilds that only let you in based on one certian team because that team was that OP. Basically they created OP mechanics that reset between battles (savior zombies revive mechanics) and these type of things allow one team to hold off tons of opposing battles. I don't love limiting toons in TW-you build terms to synergize together we develop them as such and you RIP those systems ergies apart (the most recent bonuses were too over powering-and we should not have to gear for temporary bonuses)

My suggestion is quit making us read a book for every new characters kit, create plenty of room for creativity without creating so many one offs. (Ie if killed by death mark and annihilate you cant be revived, but zombies revive can't be blocked so she will revive through it ect. A new player has to know all of their characters abilities as well as all opponents abilities. As a veteran player I still occassionally make mistakes mess this stuff up, so I can't imagine being new to the game. You knew you created a problem with zombie (which you did a terrible job nerfing/tweaking it so many months after it was released, thankfully unwound that and settled on something a little better) and then you go ahead and make more toons with features that put you in similar positions. There is so much great core development that goes on behind this game, but a little polish goes a long way. Feel free to ask the community about new kit feature. It took me skimming cp3o's kit once for me to be able to tell that zfinn with rebels was going to be crazy vs mediocre tenacity. Perhaps the community has a good solution to this issue.
  • Hey Guys, spend a crap load of time and or money and let us remove that hard work for TW. What **** is driving this clown car?
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member

I love that its glaringly obvious so much so that everyonce can see it... except the ones posting it... for some reason it just dont click Telling ya its “lil cheney” syndrome

You dont try and repeatedly complain as if its reasonable feedback the only syndrome is the one you have
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

You dont try and repeatedly complain as if its reasonable feedback the only syndrome is the one you have

Lol you should check your complaining history there lil cheney
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    My op stands strong keep trying 1v5 and complaining the mode is broken. Get gud bro RIP
  • FistyCuffs
    30 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I hope we all read a new thread saying ha ha guys, it’s april fools a few months early.. here’s an 8* slave Leia for evergone
    #worstTWideaEver
  • FistyCuffs wrote: »
    I hope we all read a new thread saying ha ha guys, it’s april fools a few months early.. here’s an 8* slave Leia for evergone
    #worstTWideaEver
    But can I get Jedi Knight Luke instead?
  • If they drop Bastila then my one decent team is just useless. Lovely.
This discussion has been closed.