Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• I’m not a huge fan of TW, and this new change does not seem to be for the better. Not sure what it will look like when it’s live but removing specific characters that disrupts team synergy seems just plain mean. The TW with specific character bonuses was interesting but only affected a small number of toons, so not devastatingly impactful. This on the other hand seems to throw all current strategies out the window. Simply too much change, this could be bad.
  • Cord
    29 posts Member
    Seems short on planning and less community input of participation to just create a list of DROPOUTS. Could be interning on different levels such as guild could choice to drop out any section of 4 characters from an entire zone on Defense. But CG should take a step back and look to see why Character bonuses is a better route. First, character bonus promotes good farming practices, while dropouts has negative effect to entire farming and good character development. Third, 28 characters of dropouts is a substantial debilitating to effective Offense and Defense roosters. Why kill off enjoyable characters to change stale meta. Instead evolve and continue character bonuses instead. Let’s evolve TW into a continuing success by creating more character bonuses and or zone bonuses or debuffs(+ or-speed, protection defense etc) or create entire zone uniques. I like the entire strategy of the game but it’s limited. To change direction on TW this drastic could insight riots and chaos. I’m pretty sure the weed y’all been smoking has been laced with crack of brown ****.

If you continue down a path may all see your folly. Boycott by not joining TW.

Don’t be STUPID!!! Be SMART!!!
  • Bottom line up front: Idk what the shot callers are doing and they don’t either.
  • SoonerJBD
    460 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I just don’t understand how this idea could have made it through without the devs realizing how much it was going to upset people. Back when they were pretending to communicate more, I recall them saying that they all play the game, and some spend good money on it. I just don’t buy that. Anyone who played in a guild that takes TW remotely seriously would have known how poorly this would be received.
    Post edited by SoonerJBD on
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Again, I ask, if there were zero f2p and your arena was nothing but whales, would you keep spending?

I suspect not.

At my level, to remain competitive, guaranteed yes. What the heck does someone in the 400s or higher or even out of the top 100 have to do with it? Zero FTP around me in any arena.

How on earth do you know this? Bit of a sweeping statement to assume ranks 1-399 all spend. I'm July 16 shard, haven't spent a penny and top 50-75 in arena, and top 15 in ships.
  • I vote against this kind of TW. Might be ok for those 3m gp+ players, but this really hurt us new ~1m gp players who had time only to level and gear 1-3 proper squads.

Some people in my guild are even not going to participate on this TW and my guild is voting if we should sit out whole war as a guild. If changes bring out this kind of behaviour in player base I find it really bad design.

Imo better system would be to vote for group to get bonuses during TW and maybe another group to get some sort of minor disadvantage. This would shake things out and not make people feel they wasted resources on investing certain squad.

But banning toons is just bad. This post might get lost in the sea of replies, but this is my opinion and I hope devs really think about if this TW was a bad idea.
  • I think they should remove the minimum GP and put something like Tusken or Jawa only on some sections. That would be fun to see.
    Or force us to play with the bottom of the roster, no toon above 6K GP, 3* only, 1 toon per faction max (no synergy), no leader, etc. Or give crazy buffs to the weakest toons or crazy nerfs to the strongests and make use our brains to win...
    I am all for the weird experiments.
  • TVF wrote: »
    If CG, as the headline suggests, want to give the community more input on TW, why not just listen to the majority opinion that has been expressed in this thread in no uncertain terms?

This thread is a tiny minority of the overall player base. Not supporting the idea myself (I'm neutral until I play it) or saying the majority non-vocal base wants it either, but let's not pretend we speak for everyone.

True, but it's possible to extrapolate from a sufficiently large sample to the whole. A voting system, on the other hand, should give every player a vote. I don't think a survey on a third party site that only counts the subset of the forum community that happens across this thread is the right way to go about this.
  • Such a bad idea. First we farm the factions now we can’t use them because they are missing key toons. Give me a break.
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    'Sup folks.

I've had to hop in and review multiple posts from the thread. Some were off-topic about maps, others were breaking other forum rules. Let's please keep it civil and remember that CG is collecting the feedback here and will be back on the 7th. :smile:
  • I think voting for bonuses is great. But, not a fan of removing toons. Especially since it’s not your guild and your opponent from this specific TW. We didn’t have any TW in December and now we won’t have a regular TW in January. If it’s not broke, why fix it?

Additional note, I would work on the Grand Arena matchmaking before throwing this new mode out. Since a lot of people are still upset with the bad matches.
  • Even if it is fun we will have to remod our entire roster which is a chore and NOT FUN. Mod management isn’t good enough to make it work.

It’s simple; adding bonuses = fun taking away toons = not fun
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    If CG, as the headline suggests, want to give the community more input on TW, why not just listen to the majority opinion that has been expressed in this thread in no uncertain terms?

This thread is a tiny minority of the overall player base. Not supporting the idea myself (I'm neutral until I play it) or saying the majority non-vocal base wants it either, but let's not pretend we speak for everyone.

True, but it's possible to extrapolate from a sufficiently large sample to the whole. A voting system, on the other hand, should give every player a vote. I don't think a survey on a third party site that only counts the subset of the forum community that happens across this thread is the right way to go about this.

I agree with you on the voting part.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ipad air original ios12 voting not possible. Sent me to an app to load down. Then load in app. Ok. Not working.

BTW I dont like this idea anyway. I would love to see one field reserved for lvl8 and lower chars. So I can use all my chars not using less chars. TW is my favourite. It is fun to see my chars somewhere in action not to get them excluded.
  • I hope they are not trying to copy league of legends with this voting out characters. if Revan isn't allowed to play after i spent a couple grand on him i will be a very unhappy player. After all, I quit watching The Walking Dead when they killed Beth.
  • Stupid idea
  • Worst Idea you could come with... I am with Mobile Gamer, dont ban toons!

Give the different fields a changing bonus.

Or a complete new system, where ervery player gets based on his GP a amount of points to spend on a completly seperated TW roster, where you can change things every time but you are mor limited as now... there you can give restrictions because everyone could make a new roster based on these changes and dont has the problem that maybe the last 3 years of hard investmnet are teared apart. This would also solve problems with hard p2w toons like revan and makes the matchmaking much easier.

The points I mentioned have to be used to unlock, level, gear and mod charakters. So you can decide to go for not that much but really strong toons or spam more of them. With a more open limit of deployable squads that could be really fun.
    Also your investment would be appreciated. Pls think about it even if its more work for you.

From everyone in my guild I heared only bad things about these up coming TWs. We like also more of the GA, not just 1 more in january.
  • @CG_SBCrumb you folks left out an option from the poll. The "I hate this idea so much that I refuse to vote on it" option. Right now your data says that I visited the page and didn't care enough to vote. That is not the case, it wasn't apathy it was dissent. But I'm not here to simply voice displeasure, I also offer comprimise. Instead of banning characters completely, why not just restrict them from defense. This would accomplish your goal of shaking things up and keeping the mode fresh, but with the added bonus of not taking away your customers toys. Toys that we have all spent significant time, and in many cases money, building.
  • Boomer8800 wrote: »
    I find it interesting that folks are crying the "sky is falling" for some toons that might not be available for 2 TW's yes just 2TW's. Are we that dependent on a few set of toons that we can't adapt, improvise and overcome for these 2 TW. You still have these toons (whatever they are) available in game still. I'm ok for a rotation of toons being excluded for TW. Folks get stuck in patterns and ruts so having to come up with new counters and new teams is a fresh take.

The one constant in this game has always been "Those that live by the Meta will also die by the Meta" also removing some toons don't make a faction unusable, it only changes the way folks have been using those factions based on current deployments and counters. Now it will make folks learn and use them in a different manner, thus getting folks familiar with the toons better and their other abilities. my .02

Boomer it's not just the exclusion of these characters that I'm unhappy with, but also when will the announcement be made, how much preparation time will we have? If this goes through we need to have more than just 1 day, the day that we usually use to fine toon strategies towards the guild we are facing. We need to have time to come up with brand new strategies for the toons we may or may not be losing.

Most TW officers already have a 'second job' during TW, adding to that work load without giving extra time isn't fun, it's asinine and blatant disregard for their player base.
  • group 1
  • EA strategy: If you can't fix the glitches, turn it into a reality TV show. We know you played our game really hard to build up your character, but the other players don't like it, mmmm-kay.

Total brawl would have been better, one pit, each guild member could place a couple defense teams and have a couple attack teams. Team wit most points takes the pot. New battle every day.
  • Anything is a better idea than this for TW. What players really want is a sandbox mode so we can fight other members within our own guilds.

A better idea for TW is we split our guilds in half, 25/25, and we fight each other for a nice change of pace. During prep time there would be an internal guild draft. The leader and one other officer would take turns drafting other players for each side and we'd get to have an internal guild TW. Now that would be loads of fun.
    @CG_SBCrumb
  • While I appreciate the attempt to keep the game fun and fresh, I feel like this proposed change misses the mark. I really hope you guys strongly consider not implementing it.
  • I don’t want to play for next TW like this
    So I’m not interested
    Thx .
  • I don’t want to play for next TW like this
    So I’m not interested
    Thx .

Alot of players and guilds are feeling the same way.
  • Troyo
    63 posts Member
    I don't think this sounds like a good idea, but we shall see once it's rolled out. I think it could be interesting. If four of those groups get voted out they are really going to ruffle some feathers. I feel most of what they do is to make more money and benefit the P2P and that's fine someone has to financially support this game. If Traya, GMY, Raven, and EP groups are voted out That dismantles basically all metas in arena. Most people that have all those teams are probably P2P. Do they really want to make them mad???? Don't bite the hand that feeds you type thing.

Wasn't everyone complaining about Revan and Traya controlling the game?? Vote them out. Seems the game is giving you what you want.

Fanbase cries Revan and Traya are too OP and I can't beat them TW is sooo unfair!!!

The Devs say new idea we are going to let you vote out those toons in next TW.

Fanbase cries this is the worst idea ever NOoooooo!!! TW is the one thing I loved about this game.

Come on Man!!!!!!!
  • @CG_SBCrumb This is a horrible idea. I don't log into this account much, and had to reset my password since it had expired, but felt that I needed to let you know how badly this is going to be received. You received positive feedback about limited time bonuses, not hobbling players lineups. I agree that this only benefits those who have deep rosters, as the number of toons that are going to be restricted can make TW unplayable for a number of lower to mid GP players.

I strongly suggest that you re-visit your idea of improving communication with the player base and actually engaging the players. You have managed to drop your game to #93 for strategy in the app store. This is not how you climb back out from that pit.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Neegan wrote: »
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    I find it interesting that folks are crying the "sky is falling" for some toons that might not be available for 2 TW's yes just 2TW's. Are we that dependent on a few set of toons that we can't adapt, improvise and overcome for these 2 TW. You still have these toons (whatever they are) available in game still. I'm ok for a rotation of toons being excluded for TW. Folks get stuck in patterns and ruts so having to come up with new counters and new teams is a fresh take.

The one constant in this game has always been "Those that live by the Meta will also die by the Meta" also removing some toons don't make a faction unusable, it only changes the way folks have been using those factions based on current deployments and counters. Now it will make folks learn and use them in a different manner, thus getting folks familiar with the toons better and their other abilities. my .02

Boomer it's not just the exclusion of these characters that I'm unhappy with, but also when will the announcement be made, how much preparation time will we have? If this goes through we need to have more than just 1 day, the day that we usually use to fine toon strategies towards the guild we are facing. We need to have time to come up with brand new strategies for the toons we may or may not be losing.

Most TW officers already have a 'second job' during TW, adding to that work load without giving extra time isn't fun, it's asinine and blatant disregard for their player base.

@Neegan You need to read the announcement again (or for the first time maybe?)
    The poll will be open until Jan 7th
    Results of both the Community and internal Dev poll will be posted on Jan 9th
    THIS POLL IS FOR THE NEXT Territory Wars (1/13/2018).
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Do you have such a bad groupthink problem at CG that you thought this would be well received?

It's not too late.

Admitting an error is not weakness, it is wisdom.

Thank you.

• 47gulicb0vrz.jpg

And while everyone is complaining at least try and make your post aesthetically pleasing. A little bit of effort please, some people pay good money for this game.
This discussion has been closed.