Is Luke Skywalker the most powerful of all time

Prev13
Is he? Either most powerful Jedi or person in current Star Wars canon? If not where would you rank him?

Replies

• TVF
    36523 posts Member
    He is supposed to be but according to The last jedi he is the weakest jedi master in history

That's like the complete opposite of what happened.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • No he isn't the most powerful jedi. Windu was is the strongest in battles while Yoda is the strongest in the use of THE FORCE. (That's only for char in films, kotor aren't included)
    Do or don't there is no try
  • Canon doesn't have an answer though will likely be him, however for legends it's;
    Bedlam spirits
    Whills of the force
    The Ones
    Luke
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    According to Kathleen Kenedy and Rian Johnson - Rey is the most powerful force user ever, even above Luke (as she beat him in a stick fight) as well as Anakin who was the force itself personified.

Rey is the strongest because she is a strong woman ROAR! lol
  • TVF
    36523 posts Member
    Why am I even reading this thread, I knew it would be a toxic dumpster fire before I even opened it. See ya.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Boo wrote: »
    According to Kathleen Kenedy and Rian Johnson - Rey is the most powerful force user ever, even above Luke (as she beat him in a stick fight) as well as Anakin who was the force itself personified.

Please please PLEASE explain how on earth Rey beat Luke Skywalker in a stick fight. Luke dodged every hit and he didn’t even wanna fight, still hit her on the back then disarmed her, through away her stick and she pulled the lightsaber and what was his defence in that moment? He didn’t care anyways and the novelisation shows that Luke slipped... then stopped him self with the force, grow up a little

• TVF wrote: »
    Why am I even reading this thread, I knew it would be a toxic dumpster fire before I even opened it. See ya.

Embarrassing isn’t it
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Boo wrote: »

Please please PLEASE explain how on earth Rey beat Luke Skywalker in a stick fight. Luke dodged every hit and he didn’t even wanna fight, still hit her on the back then disarmed her, through away her stick and she pulled the lightsaber and what was his defence in that moment? He didn’t care anyways and the novelisation shows that Luke slipped... then stopped him self with the force, grow up a little

Rey won fair and square - you just don't like strong women!

Also Luke trained for ages with first Kenobi and then more so with Yoda and struggled to lift his saber in the wampa cave, and couldn't even lift his x-wing out of a swamp! Luke also gets his hand cut off in the first lightsaber duel he has.

With no training Rey could mind trick others, pull a saber away from a trained force user, best said force user in lightsaber combat and resist mind probes in the force and turn the tables as well as lift hundreds of large boulders simultaneously - WITHOUT TRAINING!!!!!!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Luke also struggles with temptation to the darkside with thoughts of killing his nephew in his sleep, while Rey goes straight to the darkside at will on Ach-To and returns completely unscathed.

Rey is superior in every way.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Luke also struggles with temptation to the darkside with thoughts of killing his nephew in his sleep, while Rey goes straight to the darkside at will on Ach-To and returns completely unscathed.

Rey is superior in every way.

Dont forget shes better looking

Hahaha - true :smile:

But that's probably because Luke was also beat up by a Wampa - that never would have happened to Rey either, lol
  • To quote Han Solo "That's not how the Force works!" This is why midiclorians are dumb as well. It shouldn't be like a statistic on the back of a baseball card. Trying to plot every force user on some universal chart of strongest to weakest robs them of their own individual strengths and weaknesses. I get that it's different when we're talking about something like SWGoH because there has top be some sort of scale here, but it doesn't work that way when it comes to telling a compelling story.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    What's 'powerful' in this context? Jedi never measured themselves by 'power' (let's forget midichlorians ever happened).

Edit: what the guy above me said
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • What's 'powerful' in this context? Jedi never measured themselves by 'power'
    That's true but I just mean by personality, achievements etc too
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    What's 'powerful' in this context? Jedi never measured themselves by 'power'
    That's true but I just mean by personality, achievements etc too

Again Rey so far has zero flaws and more power than the others. Not my choice, believe me.

As for Midichlorians - they were created. Clearly the force was a genetic thing as Luke stated that the force runs strong in his family - that of Anakin (the chosen one - the force itself personified). So clearly in Luke's statement and Yoda's, "powerful Jedi was he", there are Jedi more powerful than others - which could also be genetic.

The Skywalker bloodline was supposed to be the most powerful - as Anakin was the force itself personified, like a space jesus.

Anakin technically is the most powerful force being to have ever exist and will ever exist - however he never reached his full potential.

The only beings second to Anakin are his direct offspring - Luke and Leia. Since Leia never trained (excluding the "Leia Poppins" scene in TLJ), Luke is the only heir to the Skywalker bloodline - that direct genetic power linked to the force itself.

Yet he and Anakin both had many flaws - I joked about some of Luke's in comparison to Rey, but Anakin as well. Anakin had his arm cut off, slaughtered women and children tuskens (while still claiming to be a Jedi) and ultimately eradicated the Jedi order - again, including children. He was also impulsive, power hungrey, ambitious and and fell to the Dark Side of the force, becoming a Sith Lord - Darth Vader!

Unlike Luke and Anakin - Rey has no flaws. And no explanation other than she is the force balancing itself against Kylo (another Skywalker - although obviously the blood line watered down from Anakin due to Padme and Han - he is not as powerful as Anakin or Luke). A weak excuse that the force could balance itself, I mean - what was the point of Anakin and the prophecy after all?

Therefore it concludes Anakin is the most powerful, followed by Luke. Yet Rey outshines these two in every possible way, in order to fit some lazy written narrative of this new trilogy.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I will also add the Kenobi and Yoda both recognised Luke's power over their own. They ultimately failed to stop Sidious and Vader and the Empire - yet expected Luke to succeed where they had failed.

They also believed that keeping the identity of Vader being Luke's father a secret would allow Luke to destroy the sith. They failed to see that Vader's love for his family (which drove him to the darkside) would redeem him.

Love and attachment - forbidden by the Jedi - of course Kenobi and Yoda could not see that outcome in their wildest dreams, which proves that the Jedi order had become corrupt and why the force needed to be rebalanced.

Ultimately what I am saying is that Luke was seen as a superior force wielder to end the sith threat when compared to both Kenobi and Yoda - so clearly he is more powerful than they are.
  • "Strength" and "power" in the traditional sense of overcoming obstacles set before you through force is more of a Sith concept than a Jedi concept. Or at least, as the Jedi believe themselves to be.

In a more Jedi conception, the ability to overcome obstacles through nonviolent means is true power. In that sense, Luke's Force projection to Krayt is the single most powerful Force feat we see on the big screen in Star Wars. So... yes. Yes, he is the most powerful Jedi we've seen so far in new canon.

Small screen, we have instances like Ezra proving Heart is an awesome power at the end of Rebels, or the time travel temple, or Anakin casting True Resurrection on Mortis that could give it a run for its money. But even if you consider Ezra's space whale hyperjump against Thrawn a more powerful Force feat than Luke's projection, saying Ezra was more powerful than Luke seems disingenuous.

Now, in Legends? Things got just plain ridonk. Luke was practically a Super Saiyan. At one point, he destroyed a black hole with the Force. You have things like Starkiller pulling a Star Destroyer from the sky, Nihilus eating planets, and all the ridiculous nonsense novel/MMO Revan and Vitiate pulled, making whether Luke was the "most powerful" in that setting... debatable, and very silly considering everyone was competing to be The Most Extra. And also of those, only Revan was a Jedi. And I'm not sure how many of his truly ridiculous feats were while he was a Jedi.
    Still not a he.
  • I would say no, he is not the most powerful in Star Wars. Old Republic Sith, Galactic Republic Jedi and Darth Jar Jar are all stronger.

I really need to watch TLJ again as I can't even remember the two having a stick fight.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    "Strength" and "power" in the traditional sense of overcoming obstacles set before you through force is more of a Sith concept than a Jedi concept. Or at least, as the Jedi believe themselves to be.

In a more Jedi conception, the ability to overcome obstacles through nonviolent means is true power. In that sense, Luke's Force projection to Krayt is the single most powerful Force feat we see on the big screen in Star Wars. So... yes. Yes, he is the most powerful Jedi we've seen so far in new canon.

Small screen, we have instances like Ezra proving Heart is an awesome power at the end of Rebels, or the time travel temple, or Anakin casting True Resurrection on Mortis that could give it a run for its money. But even if you consider Ezra's space whale hyperjump against Thrawn a more powerful Force feat than Luke's projection, saying Ezra was more powerful than Luke seems disingenuous.

Now, in Legends? Things got just plain ridonk. Luke was practically a Super Saiyan. At one point, he destroyed a black hole with the Force. You have things like Starkiller pulling a Star Destroyer from the sky, Nihilus eating planets, and all the ridiculous nonsense novel/MMO Revan and Vitiate pulled, making whether Luke was the "most powerful" in that setting... debatable, and very silly considering everyone was competing to be The Most Extra. And also of those, only Revan was a Jedi. And I'm not sure how many of his truly ridiculous feats were while he was a Jedi.

I'd agree about a lot of the old EU stuff getting a little over the top.

But Nihilus' power was more of an affliction than true power. He couldn't stop consuming life and the force. If he did not he would fade - like some sort of vampire. His eye for satisfying his hunger was on a planetary or even star system scale and therefore smaller events and potential dangers would slip past his gaze - this ultimately led to his downfall. Not exactly power, if you know what I mean. If the power controls the user - then the user is a slave to uncontrollable power.

As for Starkiller bringing down an ISD - what is wrong with that? I mean, "size matters not" right?

As for Luke's force projection - that was beefed up so much to the point that power (if used) would kill the user - as per Kylo's reference to Rey, earlier in the movie regarding their force-Skype connection (which was done by Snoke). Ultimately this was done on a grander scale by Luke - showing how powerful he is.

However, Luke only got his power being Anakin's son. Again, Anakin was the most powerful force weilder to ever exist - he just never reached his full potential.
  • You don't see Luke annihilating planets though. Nihilus is definitely more powerful.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • QuiGonFishing
    20 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    35 years ago Luke was the most powerful Jedi.
    With the prequels coming out pretty much every Jedi was more powerful than Luke.
    Since the Last Jedi people are more powerful than anything, some of them not even having the Jedi tag.
    Leia flying through Space, Snoke manipulating minds through space and time, Force Ghost burning trees, Rey knowing everything without training and Broom Boy moving a broom for no reason.
    The force grows with each movie generation, the power creep is real!
    "Time is not like a line. Our moments fall around us like rain, or confetti."
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    35 years ago Luke was the most powerful Jedi.
    With the prequels coming out pretty much every Jedi was more powerful than Luke.
    Since the Last Jedi people are more powerful than anything, some of them not even having the Jedi tag.
    Leia flying through Space, Snoke manipulating minds through space and time, Force Ghost burning trees, Rey knowing everything without training and Broom Boy moving a broom for no reason.
    The force grows with each movie generation, the power creep is real!

Most of that is why TLJ really does not make sense to me - especially Rey and Broom Boy.
  • Seriously? A kid with psychic powers figures out how to grab a broom, and that's what lost you?

Ugh.
    Still not a he.
  • Luke is canonically the most powerful mortal being.

In legends, Valkorion was shown to be the most powerful, though Luke was stated to be the most.
  • I saw a few posts about how Anakin was an awful guy. That is true, however you need to see what this man went through.

His dream as a child was to free all of the slaves in the galaxy, along with him mom (whom he loved the most). Then the Jedi came along and took him away from his mother for pretty much the whole time he was training to be a jedi. He had awful dreams about his mother and all he wanted to do was help her, but the Jedi Order said, "Push those feelings aside" "It's not important" "Focus on your Jedi training". Anakin, who is just a loving, caring person with a big heart, went to save his mother, who to his surprise is hanging, half beaten to death by the people he has always hated. At the same time, he liked Padme. But he knew this was forbidden for the Jedi, so he had no real father-figure or mentor to tell and get advice from.

Then, when he was literally the most powerful Jedi at the time, the Jedi Counsel said that he could be a part of the Counsel, but he could not have the rank of being 'Master' although he had a padawan, was the most powerful Jedi, COMPLETELY dedicated his life to the Order, and had a huge heart that only wanted to help others (We can see this in the Clone Wars series). Getting the seat but not being a master was like getting a participation trophy, and he was the first person who had this happen to anyone ever in the Order. This was a slap in the face that basically said the other Jedi in the order did not or will not trust him.

And then when he had similar dreams about his wife, who he loved the most, as he did his mother, He would not have this happen. He told the Jedi and they said to forget it. The only person who would give any hope of saving her was the very person the Jedi Order set out to destroy. But Anakin knew that he could not live without Padme who was the real joy in his life.

Would you just let the woman you love die because people who want you to trust them don't even trust you? Would you sit aside and let her die? Palpatine was the only one who had a way to save her. If I were in his shoes, I would have looked for any way to save her. I do not agree with Anakin's actions but the poor guy was in such pain, he was blinded.
  • If you want to see how rough this really was on Anakin, watch this video:

https://youtu.be/lQqoxghzE7Q
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Seriously? A kid with psychic powers figures out how to grab a broom, and that's what lost you?

Ugh.

Yep, among many other things, but - again with Rey all those force powers need to be taught they don't just come to you like that.

For a force sensitive being, the force guides their actions, gives them quick reflexes. They may be better pilots than normal people or better with fixing things or healing etc.

Flat out use of force powers doesn't come naturally - it takes time and training - as per QGJ and Yoda states its a difficult path to becoming a jedi taking the most serious mind and training. Yoda keeps drilling into Luke's head to remember his training, complete his training etc etc.

With this new trilogy anyone can be force sensitive and command the force to their will with absolutely no explanation, training or otherwise - just because Disney wants to build the narrative that everyone is a hero - THATS NOT HOW THE FORCE WORKS, lol as per Han.

Even Leia who should be the same power level as Luke has no training - yet, she did her Leia Poppins thing out of nowhere - its silly.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Luke is canonically the most powerful mortal being.

In legends, Valkorion was shown to be the most powerful, though Luke was stated to be the most.

No Anakin was the most powerful. Just because he did not reach his full potential - his raw power to the force completely overshadowed Luke.

Luke is a watered down version of Anakin - only 1/2 of Anakin's blood (mixed with Padme) and Anakin was created purely from the force - Anakin is the force personified.

Like I say - Anakin did not reach his full potential, so in that regard, Luke was able to surpass him in abilities seen on screen, but not raw force power.