Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• Seems like many have dropped their rating of the game in apps store and playstore because of community TW.

I wonder if we will see the rating of the game drop to 4* because of community TW.
  • Dumbest idea ever. What’s the point of investing in toons if you’re going to neuter the game like this and make it so it’s pointless to do so? People that have these characters shouldn’t be punished (unless they cheated).
  • TVF wrote: »
    [

@Neegan You need to read the announcement again (or for the first time maybe?)
    The poll will be open until Jan 7th
    Results of both the Community and internal Dev poll will be posted on Jan 9th
    THIS POLL IS FOR THE NEXT Territory Wars (1/13/2018).

You're right bud, I must have skimmed over that part. The sad part is, even though they gave us a date, we all know how horrible they are with deadlines.... remember August? Remember the broken cadences? Remember the other missed announcements?
  • tenor.gif?itemid=4721934

Been reading most of these comments and noticing the "likes" in this entire thread and it's gotta be close to well over 80% people hate this. Checking on some of the Game Changer polls, they are reading about the same.

Hopefully all the hate will make them abort this nonsense.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • I just can't believe there wasn't at least one person at the meeting that day that wasn't like "uh guys this is really gonna **** people off."
  • I couldn’t agree more with Smoot Raider! Looking forward to my BH quest is one of the only ways I have been trying to make it through the horrible grind of old republic. Now that is gone. Bad move
    But, but...I'm working on Dengar's BH quest. Zero TWs in December. And now there's a chance he may not be usable in the first of only 2 TWs for Jan?!?!?!?

3iQU.gif

Whats frustrating for me is I was one of 2 people in my guild to farm dengar from like day one in the game (going on like 2 years now maybe a bit longer) and he was decent but no one thought he was a priority. I always was like naw he's decent and if the bounty hunters ever get reworked he'll be a beast. (Give me the punishing one CG! pleaseeeeeeeeee Grevious first then punshing one) Sure enough my prophecy came to fruition and he's basically the lynch pin that ties the bounty hunters together. I've been stuck on these kotor farms and so If dengar (like hera who I think I can make something work with phx if she's out) is out then I'm going to have to sub in an under geared zam who is much, MUCH less viable without dengar. It's just mainly frustrating.

I guess we will see what they say on the 7th. I think they are fully aware of the backlash and despite the bad rap they get sometimes they do listen to the community sometimes.
  • Natos
    138 posts Member
    Troyo wrote: »
    I don't think this sounds like a good idea, but we shall see once it's rolled out. I think it could be interesting. If four of those groups get voted out they are really going to ruffle some feathers. I feel most of what they do is to make more money and benefit the P2P and that's fine someone has to financially support this game. If Traya, GMY, Raven, and EP groups are voted out That dismantles basically all metas in arena. Most people that have all those teams are probably P2P. Do they really want to make them mad???? Don't bite the hand that feeds you type thing.

Wasn't everyone complaining about Revan and Traya controlling the game?? Vote them out. Seems the game is giving you what you want.

Fanbase cries Revan and Traya are too OP and I can't beat them TW is sooo unfair!!!

The Devs say new idea we are going to let you vote out those toons in next TW.

Fanbase cries this is the worst idea ever NOoooooo!!! TW is the one thing I loved about this game.

Come on Man!!!!!!!

They could have made their matchmaking system better to prevent guilds with disproportionate amounts of Traya/Revan from facing each other....
  • If the comments and polls elsewhere do not change the direction they are heading then the only way to get them to listen is by not doing the poll and no one participate in the event.

Many new players and/or f2p who do not have have Traya or Revan of course are going to vote them out since it will not affect them. Because the poll will be about how to vote so it does the less damage to your roster. But again no one should vote or participate and I would wager it will be the last time either happen.
  • It is surprising that they misjudged the community this badly. The response from the community was lightning fast and nearly everyone felt the same way. It does not bode well for the future of the game if they are that out of touch with the players. Still time to rectify the situation though. Let’s hope they do so.
  • Docx wrote: »

That poll sux though. It's either keep this nonsense change or keep it as it originally started? Dumb. I liked the crazy bonuses. Bring those back.Can't vote for that unless "keep these changes" encompasses those, which again, is stupid.

This poll should have at least choices:

1: Normal
    2: Random bonuses
    3. Character ban
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Formerly_Randy
    333 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    What I like: Character bonuses

What I'm ok with: No character bonuses

What will make me quit the game and rate the game 1 star on the app store: This silly idea.
  • I see on here everyone complaining about what the devs are doing with the next TW, I personally like it. It's only one TW why is everyone so aggravated by it? They clearly said they are gonna do a ton more other things in the future so just wait for one you really like. You've had a year of the same TW it was time to change it up. Thank you devs now I wont have to kill myself to get through a wall of revans!

Of course you will lmao, if you think revan will be allowed to be voted out, you are crazy lol, no way , but his counters , those will probably be banned , so have fun lol
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    To those saying "The views here are just a small amount of..", we are the players that care enough to speak up. The ones that don't will just move on to another game and not think twice about it. If our numbers were not important why have a forum? Many more read here then speak up. Now if Reddit blows up.. it'll be cancelled overnight.
  • In November the changes were fun because you took the worst toons in the game and made them viable threats. The community had to rethink their strategy bc they had more options. People were even developing those toons, just for the the November TW.

However January feels punishing (even though that was not your intention). When I look at the choices of toons to vote on, all I see is the toons I lose that I've been working hard to develop.

Just my thoughts
  • I have to agree with 98% of the community who loves this game, and whom invest TIME and MONEY in it every single day..

This is a very very VERY bad idea.

One Thing is to change things up, but to actively take away toons that people SPENDT MONEY on to get, is very similar to robbery or false advertising.

Actually im not even sure its legal, since people paid for this service and gameplay.

Someone should look into the possibilties of getting ouer money back.
    Let´s all spend money on this game, so the developers can take away ouer toons!
  • Please, please don't ban toons in TW. Our guild was finally getting the numbers to be in the TW. We had a new strategy focusing on certain toons. I myself, mostly an FTP spent my own resources on these toons excited to help my guild.
    This might be considered "playful" to a bully. You are pulling our wings off...
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    To those saying "The views here are just a small amount of..", we are the players that care enough to speak up. The ones that don't will just move on to another game and not think twice about it. If our numbers were not important why have a forum? Many more read here then speak up. Now if Reddit blows up.. it'll be cancelled overnight.

None of this works that way.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

trollo-o-o-o-o
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

trollo-o-o-o-o

Again calling someone a troll because they see things differently. Gotta love the internet.

The louder people are louder. That doesn't make them the majority.
  • To those saying "The views here are just a small amount of..", we are the players that care enough to speak up. The ones that don't will just move on to another game and not think twice about it. If our numbers were not important why have a forum? Many more read here then speak up. Now if Reddit blows up.. it'll be cancelled overnight.
    I 100% agree with you here. I made an account to express my displeasure with this decision after reading the forums for a while. I think I may be the only one in my guild of 42 who has an account, but they’ve had an overwhelmingly negative response to this idea as well. Those who think that people who don’t comment on the forums like the idea are being a bit naive.
  • Natos
    138 posts Member

trollo-o-o-o-o

Again calling someone a troll because they see things differently. Gotta love the internet.

The louder people are louder. That doesn't make them the majority.

Says the minority on the sample of the gaming community that is the forums...

Oh, and Reddit too, btw.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Those who think that people who don’t comment on the forums like the idea are being a bit naive.

Show me where I said that.

I'm saying that the people who think they know what the majority of the player base wants have no way of actually knowing.
  • IC3M4N
    267 posts Member
    Those who think that people who don’t comment on the forums like the idea are being a bit naive.

I'm saying that the people who think they know what the majority of the player base wants have no way of actually knowing.

While correct that it may be unknown what the majority of the fan base wants, CG has made it clear that they at least care about what the forums think (i.e. the poll), and right now it seems clear that the majority of people responding do not like the changes.

LOl I wasn’t even referring to you. But it seems you’re super sensitive/looking for a fight so I’m not going to answer that or future questions you ask me in this thread.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

LOl I wasn’t even referring to you. But it seems you’re super sensitive/looking for a fight so I’m not going to answer that or future questions you ask me in this thread.

Sounds good.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    IC3M4N wrote: »

While correct that it may be unknown what the majority of the fan base wants, CG has made it clear that they at least care about what the forums think (i.e. the poll), and right now it seems clear that the majority of people responding do not like the changes.

I agree they care.

I don't think they should.

An in-game poll, or at the very least an in-game notification about the poll, should have been done. I'm willing to guess most of the player base has no clue this is coming and will be completely confused when it drops. Heck, there will be tons of outraged posts on the forum when it drops from people who will claim TW is broken because they had no idea it was coming. As it is I have to tell my guild about it, since there's only a few of us that ever come here.
  • This month has been straight boring so far
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    This month has been straight boring so far

Lol it's been three days.

I mean, I agree, but after the December Holiday rush it's not surprising.
This discussion has been closed.