Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    IC3M4N wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Those who think that people who don’t comment on the forums like the idea are being a bit naive.

Show me where I said that.

I'm saying that the people who think they know what the majority of the player base wants have no way of actually knowing.

While correct that it may be unknown what the majority of the fan base wants, CG has made it clear that they at least care about what the forums think (i.e. the poll), and right now it seems clear that the majority of people responding do not like the changes.

I agree they care.

I don't think they should.

An in-game poll, or at the very least an in-game notification about the poll, should have been done. I'm willing to guess most of the player base has no clue this is coming and will be completely confused when it drops. Heck, there will be tons of outraged posts on the forum when it drops from people who will claim TW is broken because they had no idea it was coming. As it is I have to tell my guild about it, since there's only a few of us that ever come here.

I completely agree!
    I am sure many, including me, have tried to give their guilds a heads up about this but even that gets buried by gear upgrades and toon promotions.
    What would make sense is if the people in charge of this new (hopefully temporary) format for the TW would send a heads up about all of this with a link to the poll in EVERY person's inbox.
    If they would like this to be a true community decision, don't leave out a huge part of that community in the decisionmaking.
    PS when does that poll close or have they already decided?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    IC3M4N wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Those who think that people who don’t comment on the forums like the idea are being a bit naive.

Show me where I said that.

I'm saying that the people who think they know what the majority of the player base wants have no way of actually knowing.

While correct that it may be unknown what the majority of the fan base wants, CG has made it clear that they at least care about what the forums think (i.e. the poll), and right now it seems clear that the majority of people responding do not like the changes.

I agree they care.

I don't think they should.

An in-game poll, or at the very least an in-game notification about the poll, should have been done. I'm willing to guess most of the player base has no clue this is coming and will be completely confused when it drops. Heck, there will be tons of outraged posts on the forum when it drops from people who will claim TW is broken because they had no idea it was coming. As it is I have to tell my guild about it, since there's only a few of us that ever come here.

I completely agree!
    I am sure many, including me, have tried to give their guilds a heads up about this but even that gets buried by gear upgrades and toon promotions.
    What would make sense is if the people in charge of this new (hopefully temporary) format for the TW would send a heads up about all of this with a link to the poll in EVERY person's inbox.
    If they would like this to be a true community decision, don't leave out a huge part of that community in the decisionmaking.
    PS when does that poll close or have they already decided?

Jan 7.

As far as your guild goes, you can't hope to communicate via the in-game system, unless it's a private room that doesn't get cluttered up. Recommend a third party app like Discord or Line.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Edison
    154 posts Member
    One thing I'm curious about - why is the recommendation from a lot of people to simply not participate?

This is one of the game modes we can get a lot of valuable resources for no additional investment...

I think the better idea is "Don't spend your crystals gearing up characters who would only be useful for this particular game mode"

Absolutely participate. Free stuff, man.
  • I'm still looking for the poll.. Anyone? Thanks.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    I'm still looking for the poll.. Anyone? Thanks.

Link is in the very first post in this thread
  • I'm still looking for the poll.. Anyone? Thanks.

@DaarthBrewer there is a link in the announcement, which is the very first post of this thread.

• Totally missed seeing that, thanks.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    The groupings are a bit harsh having looked over them.

If people don't pick say, CLS/Traya/Rey/Revan group it essentially will mean no Jedi, no NS, no FO, no troopers, no droids, Rebels will be weak, Sith will be weak, Resistance will be weak... no BH.

That's a lot of peoples squads on the line, more over, that could be a persons entire roster rendered un-usable in the next TW.

This is exactly what I am thinking a large part of my roster will be unavailable so I'm not looking forward to this but it will make some interesting teams from the left over squad's. As well as seeing which character s are the most popular in the game. I think this is them testing the water to maybe strength some underused sides and teams
  • Edison wrote: »
    One thing I'm curious about - why is the recommendation from a lot of people to simply not participate?

Because it's sending a message to the devs that this idea is so bad that we're willingly giving up the rewards to protest it.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Amoliski wrote: »
    Edison wrote: »

Because it's sending a message to the devs that this idea is so bad that we're willingly giving up the rewards to protest it.

FormalElderlyGrub-size_restricted.gif
  • We said, "Hey, those bonuses to random super weak characters in the November Territory Wars were fun; we actually got to use Mace Windu, and a couple other characters, for once."

They heard: "Hey, it's a lot of fun when y'all screw with Territory Wars."

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie

• Vondy
    77 posts Member
    I’ll try to reserve judgment until after we’ve experienced these changes, but I am most concerned with the number of characters that will be unavailable. Restricting 28 will effectively lock out many more as many complementary characters will be rendered useless. If they wanted to go this route, why not restrict the voting to single leaders like Revan, Traya, CLS, etc? At least that way you could still preserve some interesting synergies and make use of most of your roster.
  • Bane4623
    1 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    This could seriously harm casual players. We have to be strategic about the characters we develop since resources are, in fact, limited. So to take away a character we've invested in heavily will impair our participation and enjoyment of this TW event. Not fun.
  • So we spend months/years building rosters only to not to get use them in the mode we specifically built them for? This concept not only sounds stupid, but will likely be the final nail in the coffin for those on the fence about even playing the game. Way to "shake it up". Smh
  • https://swgoh.gg/p/556628185/

This my account... if this game had a payed membership I would be considered a member. This member dislikes that you are taking away my investments in a game mode that I’ve worked to get better at. I’ve invested a lot of time into my little batch of characters ..and quite a few specificity for TW. Please consider those of us who take the competitive side of this game seriously. ( as serious as a hobby can be of course ). Thank you.
  • it's easy for someone who has a roster like @yuuzhanron to say "it's exciting" to take away characters like Revan and Traya. It doesn't really change the game for him except in his favor.
    Agreed! To be fair, I have neither of these characters, so that won’t affect me as much, but the dev choices alone would absolutely cripple my roster. I am really glad, though, about the number of players who are P2W stepping up and protesting about this idea. I think there might be a good chance this gets canceled. *fingers crossed*
  • If you want a vote, how about a vote of no confidence Chancellor Valorum? You can do better than this.
  • Dark1401
    5 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I loved till now the game, but it is the worst and most demotivating idea I couldn’t even dream about...
    After spending some thousand of euro I feel just screwed - won’t persist in the mistake of spending any money for this game
    Ps: won’t vote- would give idea of supporting this....
  • Is it me or does Exclusion of Star wars Characters seem to break the cardinal Rule of Improvement? Would you even have a Star Wars story if perhaps Old Ben wasn't there? or Vadar didn't exist.

The Game core promotion is advance your roster toons, so how can a random public vote mechanic to remove hard worked on toons make, developed power creep right?

Grande Arena 1v1 is already making me look to invest in fringe toons CG..get better content out there if cash is not flowing for this darkside of the game.
  • Sometimes I wonder if the Devs play the game with their own acct, and try to achieve like we do.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Sometimes I wonder if the Devs play the game with their own acct, and try to achieve like we do.
    They play but they are super casual from my understanding
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Bane4623 wrote: »
    This could seriously harm casual players. We have to be strategic about the characters we develop since resources are, in fact, limited. So to take away a character we've invested in heavily will impair our participation and enjoyment of this TW event. Not fun.

How could one TW hurt anyone?
  • Sometimes I wonder if the Devs play the game with their own acct, and try to achieve like we do.
    Hmmm, maybe half of them should have to play as F2P, the other half as P2W. That should be interesting.
  • This is a horrible idea. This is going to screw some people over. You hit a homerun in November with the buffs on mace, cup etc. it added a wrinkle that made things fun. So instead of continuing that, you do this? All the fun you put into TW back in November you just **** out. This is going to make TW stressful and annoying.
    And if you are going to do this, then the voting needs to be IN GAME. A majority of people that play the game, won’t even know this is going on.
  • I love they're introducing a game mode that makes a bulk of our rosters useless.
  • You can't have your cake and eat it. Whats wrong with new content that challenges players? Many comments on this forum make it seem, from a certain point of view, that people only want events that they meet the requirements to complete on the first try and that they always want to win regardless of the opponent. Part of the fun of this game is making the journey to unlocking characters and progressing through difficult challenges. look at the raids. When the rancor raid was first available TEEBO was one of the best if not the best leader for the raid, now he holds much less value, however he still can be useful. As game modes change players must adapt, otherwise why even get new content if it all follows the same mechanics and power curves. A couple of years Lando lead, Jedi Knight Anakin, IG-88, Palp, and Stormtrooper Han were a META team at Gear 10 and 40,000 power. Now the META teams are 100,000+ power. The game changes. There’s always a bigger fish, you can’t stop the change, any more than you can stop the suns from setting.
  • By the way, I have the impression that EA not really realized that the main fun for endgame players are TW. Most of the top 200 guilds like mine are enjoying and defining themselves on TW. If you cancel this where will be be the challenge as a team? Just putting paywalls by new chars in platoons for TB???
    We do Traya in approx 1-1,5 hour, there is no challenge anymore, just competition between members...
    Dear EA, please realise the importance of TW as Community/guild motivation for advanced players - we are not only solo fighters but enjoy also working together to achieve a success😉
  • ...well, after having a good night of sleep over this issue, I must confess, that it's even worse than first thought...
    Could anybody imagine Henry Ford saying:
    'Let's sell cars with only 3 wheels, 4 where too good?'
    I don't know if this is the way we should progress in a such great game, so c'mon CG, success isn't for free, give us some hard brain work!
    Confess this as a brainfart and let us desingn a real enhancement of TW together!
This discussion has been closed.