Please don't use this layout for GA again.

Tanzos
219 posts Member
edited January 2019
To me, this layout was really lackluster.

Zero strategic implements, pretty lame rewards in my opinion (the credits from winning battles are probably better rewards) and since GA you do it 3 times in a row it becomes even more apparent how uninteresting this layout was.

With just 2 zones, all you do is just match your team's against each other and that's it. No deception, or hiding teams behind other teams. Just literally 6 fights.

If you have less offensive/defensive teams than your opponent, your only hope is for them to mess up.

If you have the advantage with a stronger roster, just pick the right counter and win. There's nothing else to it.

Please don't use the 2 zone horizontal layout again.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I was really hoping they would have run GA with a GW style map where there are nodes and we could have set up the links as we want to make the map and force the strategy a little more.

This particular one is just nothing, no strategy at all.... hopefully they dont do this one again.
  • I like this one. Forces you to use good teams on defense since everyone is vulnerable.

It’s a different challenge than the segmented maps where you can protect weaker squads.

Every GA is a puzzle with a different challenge is all.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I agree with NicWester, I actually enjoyed this one quite a bit because of the different tactical puzzle it presented. Some of that is, I suspect, because I'm a lower-GP player (~2m, started about one year ago). So the people I'm getting matched with aren't people with fully-developed rosters, but partial collections of good-but-not-amazing teams, largely.

My final round was against the one player in our 8 who had Traya. I was expecting to lose, but I managed to win narrowly by choosing my defensive teams well and planning ahead for my inability to beat his Traya team. He failed to take both of my territories and I took his ship territory, which was enough for me to net the win.

Having fleets be worth significantly more (1/2 of all territories, rather than 1/4) and having all defensive teams on immediate display was an interesting wrinkle to me, and I remain completely satisfied with the GA experience thus far.
  • At around 1.5m GP, I also found it an interesting challenge.