Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    exile038 wrote: »
    You can't have your cake and eat it. Whats wrong with new content that challenges players? Many comments on this forum make it seem, from a certain point of view, that people only want events that they meet the requirements to complete on the first try and that they always want to win regardless of the opponent. Part of the fun of this game is making the journey to unlocking characters and progressing through difficult challenges. look at the raids. When the rancor raid was first available TEEBO was one of the best if not the best leader for the raid, now he holds much less value, however he still can be useful. As game modes change players must adapt, otherwise why even get new content if it all follows the same mechanics and power curves. A couple of years Lando lead, Jedi Knight Anakin, IG-88, Palp, and Stormtrooper Han were a META team at Gear 10 and 40,000 power. Now the META teams are 100,000+ power. The game changes. There’s always a bigger fish, you can’t stop the change, any more than you can stop the suns from setting.

So I also do not like this mode, and had to create a forum ID so I can say I as well am not a fan of this idea.

Now to address the above statement which seems to be a common misunderstanding I am seeing. it is not that the community does not want a new style, more so that what is presented is a genuinely bad idea. Specifically for the avenue in which they intend to deliver it. Grand Arena is new and already has set the precedent that new modes will be introduced. They have let us try a 3v3 and moved around zones to conquer, which is fine its new and I think it is getting the love and hate it deserves all on it's own. To say "Now that the Grand Arena events are running, we believe this will be a much better fit for challenging players who have a similar collection." is a different "point of view". Territory wars has been a thing that some love, and some hate for various reasons.

For me and what I am seeing on the thread as well is that, we have spent time energy and careful consideration into what Characters are leveled up and continue to progress. If you want to use TEEBO again, go for it I am sure you can test that in Grand Arena. We can try various things. but what you have state above is a complete miss on the point. they are REMOVING the ability to use characters. this isn't a roll back, I would be fine if they wanted to do a Retro TW and say you can use characters from 2017 or 2016 only. That is different, they would be limiting it to a game state where a META was established once before and has some Synergy and is different. What they are proposing is restricting, and breaking multiple Teams, this isn't a throw back it is a complete removal of characters that individuals have strived to collect. Which as many have pointed out on this forum previously contradicts the very essence of the game, what it was built for, and has been and will continue to be nerfed fine tuned and restricted (such as paper zombie).

TLDR version... I do not like this mode, I would be open to other changes and generally agree previous events had some element of fun. Restricting to a time frame would be more acceptable as we would still have some sort of team to place, not have to throw together a hot mess.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Sometimes I wonder if the Devs play the game with their own acct, and try to achieve like we do.
    They play but they are super casual from my understanding

I have doubts, otherwise they wouldn't rely on the GC'rs so heavily. One friend likened them to shadetree mechanics, trying to torque a bolt without specs. They strip the bolt then back it off half a turn. Proof of this could be the "Try anything" and see if they like it. Other games I have played (Some EA) the developers not only played their game but really knew it backwards and forwards.
  • Options
    All for changing up TW!
    • New maps/territories to add in more of a strategic 'path to victory'
    • New win objective - example 1 - king of the hill. circular map with most defenses on their side of a circle. A couple perimeter regions that, if taken over, supply bonuses, but dont actually give points like conquering the middle.
    • New win objective - example 2 - Fortress. Each side has a fortress with different points that change up battle. Need to protect the command bunker.
    • Take a note from C&C rivals - fight for control of AT-AT's, Laser turrets, (missle silos's.....) Massive points for whoever controls the most by end of attack.
    • New bonuses - both offensive and defensive - encourage players to have these teams, give some nice bonuses, or even new abilities.
    • New Ranks - Allow ranks to be given certain players - their units are marked, they get bonuses.... but also are worth more if destroyed.
    • LS/DS Reinforcement type - you set a 3 unit defense. The other two slots can only be filled by your allies. Both sides have to work through it equally - a real communication (or common sense) winning scenario.

AND IF you're going to limit toons - make it for a handful of factions that make sense on a smaller map. Tatooine map where you can only use Rebs, Imps, Jawas, and Tuskens, for example. Make it for 1 TW only, and make up a handful of them for rotation once a month. Clearly a built in bonus for people who have said Jawas and Tuskens and could use them.

I don't know... anything other then what's currently being offered, TBH.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    exile038 wrote: »
    You can't have your cake and eat it. Whats wrong with new content that challenges players?.

Nothing at all it's good for the game.

What people seem to forget is that is IF (BIG IF) I'm always matched up against a person with 32 more G12 characters there is no challenge to overcome... So I lost this one but I focus and G12 3 good toons... The next match 32 more G12 I get crushed.... I improve some more....32 more G12's

There is no challenge to overcome...I will always lose there so there is no challenge...

The only challenge would be to spend 50k max everything and then mirror match everyone on mods...which except to the spending 50k part at least then I would have a mathmatical chance to win....would it be fun NO...but there would be something to challenge me...

that aside CG will win this because 2 days later 45 pages later I actually find myself not caring what they do with TW in the future anymore I don't TW for the challenge I TW because it's fun with my guild....the rewards are almost the same win or lose...

CG strategy is perfect here because there is a TON of outrage here but by the time they get back from vacation the community won't care anymore and will be raging about level 90 G13 hitting in 2 weeks that will be announced lol
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Just run TW constantly alternate real TW with crazy TW (one day break in between so people can move around guilds like they do) Dump GA
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Seems like too many devs these days really like April 1st.

From diablo mobile announcement to a computer based crowd to banning entire squads from TW.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    QefTserCal wrote: »
    Seems like many have dropped their rating of the game in apps store and playstore because of community TW.

I wonder if we will see the rating of the game drop to 4* because of community TW.

See now this is interesting, cause they have had bad ideas in the past that didn't even shake all the fake five star reviews before, but now its actually having an effect. you can tell that so many people do not like this idea.

Why not just bring back cool fun character bonuses, let us decide who to get the bonuses or let us discuss what the bonuses could be, that's "Playful" that's "fun". How is banning up to 28 characters fun? lol
  • Options
    Gorem wrote: »
    Seems like many have dropped their rating of the game in apps store and playstore because of community TW.

I wonder if we will see the rating of the game drop to 4* because of community TW.

See now this is interesting, cause they have had bad ideas in the past that didn't even shake all the fake five star reviews before, but now its actually having an effect. you can tell that so many people do not like this idea.

Why not just bring back cool fun character bonuses, let us decide who to get the bonuses or let us discuss what the bonuses could be, that's "Playful" that's "fun". How is banning up to 28 characters fun? lol

I know I'm in the minority but I think for 2 TWs it will be an interesting challenge, just like 3v3 was an interesting challenge in GA. There will still be 140 toons to use and a lot of those toons are what everyone used to get the high end toons potentially being banned.
  • Options
    All for changing up TW!
    • New maps/territories to add in more of a strategic 'path to victory'
    • New win objective - example 1 - king of the hill. circular map with most defenses on their side of a circle. A couple perimeter regions that, if taken over, supply bonuses, but dont actually give points like conquering the middle.
    • New win objective - example 2 - Fortress. Each side has a fortress with different points that change up battle. Need to protect the command bunker.
    • Take a note from C&C rivals - fight for control of AT-AT's, Laser turrets, (missle silos's.....) Massive points for whoever controls the most by end of attack.
    • New bonuses - both offensive and defensive - encourage players to have these teams, give some nice bonuses, or even new abilities.
    • New Ranks - Allow ranks to be given certain players - their units are marked, they get bonuses.... but also are worth more if destroyed.
    • LS/DS Reinforcement type - you set a 3 unit defense. The other two slots can only be filled by your allies. Both sides have to work through it equally - a real communication (or common sense) winning scenario.

AND IF you're going to limit toons - make it for a handful of factions that make sense on a smaller map. Tatooine map where you can only use Rebs, Imps, Jawas, and Tuskens, for example. Make it for 1 TW only, and make up a handful of them for rotation once a month. Clearly a built in bonus for people who have said Jawas and Tuskens and could use them.

I don't know... anything other then what's currently being offered, TBH.

Lpvsnlk.gif
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Kova_Rock
    2 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    This is so stupid. Hey you know those 4-6 squads you’ve spent time and money working on? We’re gonna take away a toon from each so now they don’t work. How about listening to the game changers and the community and implement changes WE ACTUALLY WANT!! Do these devs even play this game? Because I feel like they don’t, because if they did, they’d think their own ideas arenot good. #reworkgrievous
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Athen_Greeco
    142 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Spidee wrote: »
    v96zrpb52x3d.jpg
    My December purchases. You won't see another dime from me until you decide to stop banning charcters in TW!

I will not be purchasing again as random, massive banning of characters is not within the spirit of the game.

I, also, am a strong advocate of NO bans of any kind in TW but I would have been less likely to post several comments if such a banning left some options:

A themed LS only TW — okay sure, that leaves options.

A themed retro 1st year only toons TW — okay sure, that leaves options.

A massive ban of a great majority of meta defining toons that also breaks and limits team synergies... that is voted on because of because of popular annoyances with said characters ?

Why were those characters designed that way and why are we promoted to play smart and strategically with limited resources?

You want us to want these characters and you want us to spend precious resources on these characters. What gameplay are we able to really use said characters: Arena and TW.

When I spent a crap ton on Revan, I was not thinking about new Raid scores I’d be able to get— I’ve been able to get decent raid scores already and the rewards for Raids are pathetic when compared to TW and Arena. Most of my purchases have been spent solely increasing my TW effectiveness as Arena is stagnant.

Please tell me why I would want to purchase more for TW purposes when there is no stability in TW on which toons are available to use ?

My advice: keep the normal TW setup but include a variety of team or character bonuses
    and to keep it “fresh and fun” if you fear those bonuses are not enough, include an added TW event on top of the normally scheduled ones where you can shake things up completely if that is your desire.

—> that is what is called stability

Don’t sink the ship by rocking the boat. A bonus round of TW with these bannings would not have been received with such backlash IMO.

The majority of my purchases are for and spent on TW, so my spending stops as where is the value of these characters if the area I use them in is unstable ?
    Post edited by Athen_Greeco on
  • Options
    if all your spending was for TW, why so much in Dec? there were no TWs
  • Options
    yohann269 wrote: »

Preparations for January … hurray!
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • Athen_Greeco
    142 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

Tell me how long it takes to take a character to g12 with the correct gear pieces available to buy along with shards to collect — without wasting too many crystals on refreshes ?

Your trolling aside, The time and the money to spend up the time process of leveling up these toons aren’t being respected with massive bannings.

Also, read the part of “the majority” of purchases
    Post edited by Athen_Greeco on
  • Options

I know I'm in the minority but I think for 2 TWs it will be an interesting challenge, just like 3v3 was an interesting challenge in GA. There will still be 140 toons to use and a lot of those toons are what everyone used to get the high end toons potentially being banned.

Of course, that’s assuming everyone effected will have 140 useable toons, which is not the case. Also, your claim that toons used to get legendaries aren’t going to be banned is false. Vader, Palpatine, TFP, Hera, Ezra, Bastila, BB-8, and Old Ben are all on the chopping block.
    Listen, dealing with Mace buffs in November was an interesting challenge. In my guild, we had people having to use upwards of 11 attempts to try to get rid of high-geared Maces. 3v3 was an interesting challenge. None of these involved removing the ability to use certain characters. Losing 28 toons, most of which are necessary to run both F2P teams and some P2W teams, is not an interesting challenge. It’s something that will sideline a good amount of players.
    If they go through with this this TW, who’s to say that they won’t try it again in the future? Make a paywall for guilds to keep 28 toons available? Decide that for one month, no one can use 28 characters in squad arena?
  • Options
    Comet19 wrote: »

Of course, that’s assuming everyone effected will have 140 useable toons, which is not the case. Also, your claim that toons used to get legendaries aren’t going to be banned is false. Vader, Palpatine, TFP, Hera, Ezra, Bastila, BB-8, and Old Ben are all on the chopping block.
    Listen, dealing with Mace buffs in November was an interesting challenge. In my guild, we had people having to use upwards of 11 attempts to try to get rid of high-geared Maces. 3v3 was an interesting challenge. None of these involved removing the ability to use certain characters. Losing 28 toons, most of which are necessary to run both F2P teams and some P2W teams, is not an interesting challenge. It’s something that will sideline a good amount of players.
    If they go through with this this TW, who’s to say that they won’t try it again in the future? Make a paywall for guilds to keep 28 toons available? Decide that for one month, no one can use 28 characters in squad arena?

Honestly, I think those would be a lot of fun. Especially the Arena one
  • Options

Even the paywall? Because if so, that says it all.
  • Ankh
    18 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I don't want to vote on excluding characters. This seems like a terrible idea. More importantly, this is not fun.

Anyway, have a Happy New Year!
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    Hands down the -worst- decision CG has ever made in regards to this game. Won't be voting, won't be taking part in TW. Was once the most anticipated game mode for myself and the guild Im in. Now, its the topic of most annoyance.
  • Options
    Spidee wrote: »

Thanks for being a troll. No discussion can happen without one.😞

I'm not trolling. I'm just trying to keep an open mind about temporary changes to a game that was getting a bit stale
  • Options

I really don't know how that would work, just trying to keep an open mind.
  • Options
    Not a fan of PLAYFUL TW idea. This is something that was working well and people enjoyed, if it aint broke dont fix it. Not rocket science CG.
  • Options
    8GLZ04e.jpg
  • Options
    Fonzie jumped the shark once .... It was poorly received and remains a meme to this day.....

Why does CG insist on Richie circling back with the boat for multiple jumps?......
  • Options
    Whew, I didnt think anything glcould get close to as bad as the Sith Raid threads were, but this is rapidly turning into a dumpster fire... CG what were you thinking? Eliminating mass quantities of characters we worked hard for, or paid good money for, is counter to everything you have said is core to this game.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options

It's amazing how anything other than complete outrage gets you labeled as a troll or shill here.

People really need to take a deep breath.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Not a fan of this change, makes all of my work towards TW centric teams a complete waste and it insults those who spent money on Revan.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

It's amazing how anything other than complete outrage gets you labeled as a troll or shill here.

People really need to take a deep breath.

It's amazing how you express that you don't care about a topic and want to "keep an open mind", yet then, after expressing your opinion..... You keep coming back and posting in a thread multiple times ......

It's your MO...... Go into an active thread where people are upset and do your best to throw a crab apple Into the hornets nest.....

k7l3n15k20zr.jpg
This discussion has been closed.