Fix this 100% turn meter coin flip

Mzee
1777 posts Member
After losing 3 times in a row cause my opponent hit the ultimate first with his Thrawn I came her to express my frustration and advocate to remove it from fleet. Both of us have a maxed out Thrawn with 6 dot mods and gear 12 and 12+ pieces. Neither of us have ships that affect the turn meter of capital ships.

There are numerous ways to fix this, and it is a travesty this has not been addressed yet. My suggestion would be to give 1 bonus speed to the capital with the fastest pilot. This game already arguably relies too much on RNG, so please tone it down.

Replies

• Please keep secondary mod stats out of ships. The absence of those is 100% of the reason I prefer ship battles.
  • ...or you could use ships that manipulate capital ship turn meter to get your ultimate off first if that is essential to your strategy.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Yep. I routinely beat faster Thrawns to the ultimate.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I had the same problem, then I rediscovered the reaper
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    My Reaper has 55581 power and maxed upgrades. Problem is that the ship really doesn't provide much beyond reducing a little capital ship turn meter when you defeat an enemy. I need to bring in ships that offer more. If it reduced as much turn meter as it did before ships 2.0 then it may find a slot in my fleet, but currently it just doesn't bring enough to be competitive.

Relying so much on a coin-flip is just poor mechanics, and needs to change.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Mzee wrote: »
    Neither of us have ships that affect the turn meter of capital ships.

There are numerous ways to fix this,....

Indeed, you can easily fix this. Add a ship that can manipulate the TM of your capital ship to your fleet. Plain and simple.

On offense, if using Chimaera against a Chimaera with same or higher speed, use Tie Reaper as 2nd/3rd reinforcement to get ahead of your opponents Chimaera.

PS. Instead of comparing your Thrawn to your opponent's Thrawn, simply compare the speeds of the 2 Chimaeras. That's what counts.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    My Reaper has 55581 power and maxed upgrades. Problem is that the ship really doesn't provide much beyond reducing a little capital ship turn meter when you defeat an enemy. I need to bring in ships that offer more.

Judging by your original post, that's exactly what would win the battle for you. But hey! It's your choice.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    My Reaper has 55581 power and maxed upgrades. Problem is that the ship really doesn't provide much beyond reducing a little capital ship turn meter when you defeat an enemy. I need to bring in ships that offer more. If it reduced as much turn meter as it did before ships 2.0 then it may find a slot in my fleet, but currently it just doesn't bring enough to be competitive.

Relying so much on a coin-flip is just poor mechanics, and needs to change.

More than getting your ultimate off first and likely meaning the win?

What ship offers more in this situation?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Lol.

Beyond that have you ever tried to one shot a maxed HT without defense down?

Reaper gives defense down. Fantastic ship.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Neither of us have ships that affect the turn meter of capital ships.

There are numerous ways to fix this,....

Indeed, you can easily fix this. Add a ship that can manipulate the TM of your capital ship to your fleet. Plain and simple.

On offense, if using Chimaera against a Chimaera with same or higher speed, use Tie Reaper as 2nd/3rd reinforcement to get ahead of your opponents Chimaera.

PS. Instead of comparing your Thrawn to your opponent's Thrawn, simply compare the speeds of the 2 Chimaeras. That's what counts.

Maxed Thrawns + maxed ships = same speed Chimera at 157 speed.

I use Silencer, Vader, and Hound in starting lineup. First reinforcement is Tie Fighter Pilot for buff immunity on hound so I can burn him down. Second reinforcement varies, depending on whether my Hound is still taunting or not (Frequently RNG prevents breach so taunt is over). If so then I need Biggs for the extra taunt. Also use Bane, and Phantom. I have tried to use Reaper, but like I said, he does not offer enough to be usable as I just get burned down with him.

Part of the reason why I don't frequent this forum much anymore is because there are so many people that suggest the player is always the problem and not the mechanics. Everywhere else it seems in shard chats, guild chats, and on facebook I see people having an issue with this mechanic instead of blaming the player.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    What do you think is more likely to succeed, listening to us or begging for a change?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    And I bring Reaper in as first RI 90% of the time without getting burned down. Have you maxed the pilots?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I prefer sun fac for the extra taunt when needed, his stun does wonders against HT.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Kyno wrote: »
    I prefer sun fac for the extra taunt when needed, his stun does wonders against HT.

It's great if you're running someone like Tie or Gauntlet so he can't cleanse the buff immunity. I'm running bugs so defense down allows you to just blast it out of the space sky.

With that said it's more of a backup debuff since Spy also applies it. The TMR is the more important benefit.