Make GW Hard Once Sim Unlocked

2Next

Replies

• 3pourr2 wrote: »
    DuneFlint wrote: »
    DuneFlint wrote: »
    I’m running all 12 nodes manually in order to get Boba’s achievement. It would be much more fun against harder competition all the way. As things stand, some nodes are so easy that I literally can’t keep the opponent alive until the first one acts.

I'm using it while i work on greedos contracts. I actually prefer it easier because i can mindlessly complete each wave without dedicating even more time to these stupidly time consuming quests. 500 contract payouts every rank? Sigh.

Greedo’s contract is easy to activate against slow, weak competition, so I understand why you feel that way. To activate Boba’s contract though, the enemy has to get a turn first, so you have to very slowly and deliberately choose the ability that is least likely to accidentally decimate the opposing squad.

Boba doesn't have to be lead for the contract to count, just any bh with a contract lead. I'm using bossk lead on all mine because it usually takes at least two hits to kill each toon.

You sure about that? The achievement says “Fulfill Boba Fett’s contract 500 times.”

If it was supposed to work the way you’re describing, it should say “Activate Boba Fett’s payout 500 times.”

Of course it wouldn’t be jaw dropping if the quest description didn’t match the way the game counts it, so you could be totally right. I’ll check it later, and if it works like you’re saying, my life will get much easier.

Tried it your way and it works. Boba Fett does not need to be leader in order to advance the achievement. I do wish the devs would pay attention to the nomenclature that they introduced. Contract vs. payout is confusing enough without them messing it up too.

All bounty hunter lead contracts,when fulfilled ,active all bounty hunters payouts.

Yeah but the confusion people have is the quest says to fulfil xx's contract 500 times. Not fulfill their payout. Which is why falen thought boba needed to be lead before i pointed out that wasn't necessary.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Vondy wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Yeah. Just make them full of top arena teams. I need to practice beating those teams for Grand Arena and GW provides the level of redo we don't have anywhere else in the game

I suspect the Whales wouldn't like that and this is why it wouldn't happen.

As a whale I’d actually love this kind of testing. If people come up with clever tactics for beating OP meta teams more power to them.

Kudos to you but most people, whale or not, complain about everything. I guarantee you would be in the minority on this. Most will say "I paid for my advantage and now CG is taking it away and my wallet is closed!" We already see it with any team that can beat the pay meta.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I needed to get the 150/500boba FETT contracts for his quest and used just him and Jango each day and the two cleared through all 12 nodes easy. Needs to be updated for sure
  • GW seems to be a failed or forgotten game mode at this point. At the very least this will give it some use again.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    GW seems to be a failed or forgotten game mode at this point. At the very least this will give it some use again.

It's not failed or forgotten lol, just by us seasoned players. It's early game content. New players need content too.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Vondy
    77 posts Member
    Vondy wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Yeah. Just make them full of top arena teams. I need to practice beating those teams for Grand Arena and GW provides the level of redo we don't have anywhere else in the game

I suspect the Whales wouldn't like that and this is why it wouldn't happen.

As a whale I’d actually love this kind of testing. If people come up with clever tactics for beating OP meta teams more power to them.

Kudos to you but most people, whale or not, complain about everything. I guarantee you would be in the minority on this. Most will say "I paid for my advantage and now CG is taking it away and my wallet is closed!" We already see it with any team that can beat the pay meta.

That could be the case, but I've found most to be preoccupied with how to test various comps for PvP modes like TW and GA. High ranking guilds with access to test accounts have a huge advantage and regardless of GP level or spend I think most would welcome a harder GW if not some form of sandbox mode. With changes to payout times possible and many fanning out arena isn't nearly the pressing concern it once was.
  • This is a great idea. GW used to be my sandbox. I miss being able to use it even though I do appreciate being able to sim. Best of both worlds
  • TVF wrote: »
    GW seems to be a failed or forgotten game mode at this point. At the very least this will give it some use again.

It's not failed or forgotten lol, just by us seasoned players. It's early game content. New players need content too.

True, I suppose it's probably still relevant for most first year players.
  • @TVF
    It's not failed or forgotten.... It's early game content. New players need content too.

Exactly this.
  • I would like to see them add some small incentive to doing GW daily as opposed to simming it.
  • Bump... Leave it alone
  • Best of both worlds. Leave it as is for new folks. Give players who can sim it the option of changing difficulty as it suits them.
  • Not sure how I missed this, but this is a FANTASTIC idea.

#makeGWgreatagain.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Agree
    And.. I am also a fan of Skykrak.

Who is this person? O_o
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    Galactic War is now a "nothing" aspect of the game, it's a "quick sim and done" button click.

I happen to remember GW back when the last 3 nodes were seriously tough, with some of the best players' arena teams showing up.

Once the sim option has been unlocked for GW, I see no reason to keep the nodes so ridiculously easy. Please make it seriously hard and give us the opportunity to test out new squads and characters on these nodes, at present it serves no purpose whatsoever.

I never thought I'd say this, but I now miss the days when I ran into Skykrak on the final node!

yep I agree would be a great training ground for theory crafters! I think sand box mode would be the best addition though, but hey I'm a dreamer :smile:
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Simpler option for "sand box":

Once you clear the GW table, the nodes are free to attack again, with no rewards for winning. They each become a stand alone node. No carry-over TM or deaths. Can go back and target certain teams with different combos to try out new squads without fear of losing credits + tokens.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Yeah I have asked for this before and agree. A Hard button would be great in GW. Cant test teams as it is right now.
  • why not give us an option like normal and hard that you can toggle just like the LS and DS nodes? that way it would be fair for new and veteran players.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Moved to feedback
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • This is very much a coveted part of the game which has been removed to the detriment of the community. I do believe there is a very significant voice for bringing it back. Please consider reinstating the hard GW battles in some manner. This was the only place for players to compete against varying and extremely difficult teams and through so doing seasoned players were able to enjoy and develop their competitive edge in swgoh.

While we understand the basis for drastically lowering the difficulty of GW, there was no reason to remove the option for a difficult version all together. Allowing the mode to remain in place for anyone who wanted to make use of it would have been a great alternative. Removing it completely was basically addressing an issue some players had, by creating a whole new issue of equal or imo greater concern.

Perhaps bring it back with a manual option to switch between hard/easy. Or maybe even include some very small rewards or accomplishments for successful completing GW tables at varying and increasing difficulty. Maybe create a "rift" like (diablo3) GW experience pitting players vrs each other in a leader board of who can complete the most difficult of GW tables.

The possibilities for a fun and interactive way to engage players into using and enjoying the teams and characters they purchase, and thereby providing more interest and enjoyment from the collections people acquire truly are endless. There are so many options here which I could elaborate on that would have been world's better then simply removing the hard GW and replacing it with a very banal, repetitive and non engaging aspect of the game which it has now become. And if that's the case I am positive that the awesome minds working behind this game can come up with prospects far better then my own.

While the possibilities here for a intuitive and engaging mode are huge, even simply bringing back a manual switch to access the old difficult GW mode would constitute a vast improvement over what we have now.

Please consider this as a topic of your future updates CG, the player base would greatly appreciate it.