New Clue!

Replies

• Tsuo_Vook wrote: »
    I'm confident this isn't done yet, but I'm having a hard time seeing what the next step is. (Darn it, Crumb! I should be asleep!)

I have, however, noticed that the title of Crumb's post ("Get the nod, Ace") anagrams to The Agent Code. And anagrams seem like they might be a reasonable place to go for that weird-as-heck text he posted.

I agree. The "Scoundrels4Life" message decoding doesn't use the outer dial and only one of the two independent variables of the table. I think there's:
    1. massaging the "poem"
    2. getting a/several keys out of the dials. See my previous post but I now think the [1] is correct and there might be two keys (though the repeat of letter Z feels weird).
  • Is Crumb actually hinting we just might be getting new character and ships??? Hmmmm.....
  • It does use the outer dial if you don’t precalculate the minutes.
  • Arkhelyi wrote: »
    I agree. The "Scoundrels4Life" message decoding doesn't use the outer dial and only one of the two independent variables of the table. I think there's:
    [/list]

Actually, we could have gotten "scoundrels4life" using the entire dial - it's a calculator, and we could have used it to find the minute values.

That said, I do agree that there must be more to it.
  • Please dont let "Get the nod Ace" be a reference to Ace Squadron from the Resistance Tv show
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Gambling is mentioned a couple of times. Clothing too. One or both Landos? Is this the nod?

to9h240xejiy.gif
  • Tsuo_Vook wrote: »
    I'm confident this isn't done yet, but I'm having a hard time seeing what the next step is. (Darn it, Crumb! I should be asleep!)

I have, however, noticed that the title of Crumb's post ("Get the nod, Ace") anagrams to The Agent Code. And anagrams seem like they might be a reasonable place to go for that weird-as-heck text he posted.

Related to
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cipher_Agent ?
  • Well, my early morning RL commitments haven't gone away, so I'm going to have to call it a night and leave you all to it. Good luck! And congrats again, KaseySpacey, on getting the first part.

I'll be interested to see what you all do with this. I'm confident you'll have it figured out by the time I've got enough free time to participate again tomorrow, but it's been fun working through @CG_SBCrumb 's puzzles with y'all again. Looking forward to the next one---and thank you, Crumb, for giving me such a good reason to ruin my sleep schedule for tonight! (^_^)
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Scoundrels 4 Love
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    And "best hat" is clearly Embo and Cad but that doesn't fit the timeline. Only other scoundrel hat I can think of is the one worn by both Beckett and Lando.

kkf3utq80mda.jpg
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Général Lando ?
    ROTJ as a marquee
  • Luke Skywalker's X-Wing.
    "The dark side, the light... both have merit. Why not half of each...?" - Harvey "Two-Face" Dent
  • Maybe the 5 rows of text contains the 5 requirements for an event. Boba Fett, for example, can be found using the letters in the second row...
  • Hey I know I could never figure it out as fast as you lot but what if you used the entire dial using the numbers so 122 you just find 12.2 and so on again it is just a silly idea
  • DRW_78 wrote: »
    Maybe the 5 rows of text contains the 5 requirements for an event. Boba Fett, for example, can be found using the letters in the second row...

They do read like cryptic crossword clues. Unfortunately I've always been terrible at them!
  • PsychoPoet
    16 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    DRW_78 wrote: »
    Maybe the 5 rows of text contains the 5 requirements for an event. Boba Fett, for example, can be found using the letters in the second row...

IG-88 can't be found, though, which means it doesn't work if it's the BH pilots (which is the general assumption for the Falcon).
  • They used the Duration (minutes) column to get "Scoundrels4life" just tried seeing if the Duration (h:mm) column gave anything but just got mumbo jumbo
  • DRW_78
    10 posts Member
    edited January 2019

PsychoPoet wrote: »

IG-88 can't be found, though, which means it doesn't work if it's the BH pilots (which is the general assumption for the Falcon).

It can be found in line 3 if you spell it IG-EIGHTYEIGHT
  • does using the pwd "dunce" to rotate the dial make any sense?
  • Few have commented on the content of the poem (and not just the numbers within). There is no breakthroughs in this, just some thoughts I hope can inspire others

For a tease due, why fly far? Beat this? That’d be nay visionary
    • "Why fly far"? Han beat the Kessel run using a short cut. That is a Solo+Ep IV+OT Falcon reference.
    • "That’d be nay visionary" The word "visionary" seems odd to me in this line.
    I’d have my best hat on fit faint. The best feat other folds sad.
    • "I’d have my best hat on fit faint.". As @VonZant mentioned, this could be a nod to Embo/Cad Bane/Lando/Becket. Or Zam (though I would call it a helmet, just like Starck/Veers). My bet is on the BH's. But why the bad fit?
    • "The best feat other folds sad.". I don't/barely understands this line. The word "Feat"?? Short for "Feature" Perhaps the line means something like "The next best [hat] has sad/bad folds".
    Stop changing, keep farming. I’m reaping the wagers. My plays win.
    • Farming? Do we have anyone but Farm Boy Luke related to agriculture? "Reaping" can be associated with both harvest and death.
    • "I’m reaping the wagers. My plays win." Can this be anything but a reference Han winning the Millennium Falcon from Lando Calrissian? That is NOT the OT Falcon (but Lando's Falcon).
    Reason is simple, paired and true. Know fans and joke. Add clue but get the nod, ace
    • "Reason is simple, paired and true". I'm thinking: Droid (L337 in the Falcon)
    Fail nigh and stem hope. Rotated. No Help. Get Pwd. Dunce
    • "Rotated". R2 rotates (his arm) a lot
    • Han said "Short help's better than no help at all" in Ep VI. Don't think that is a clue though.
    • "Get Pwd.". I guess it means "Pwnd" but that didn't fit the numbers. BUT, if it actually means Pwd, then that is an acronym for “Print Working Directory.” on unix OS.
  • shhfiftyfive
    98 posts Member
    edited January 2019

For a tease due, why fly far? Beat this? That’d be nay visionary
    ^ Slave One

I’d have my best hat on fit faint. The best feat other folds sad.
    ^ Bane Blood

Stop changing, keep farming. I’m reaping the wagers. My plays win.
    ^ IG - eighty eight

Reason is simple, paired and true. Know fans and joke. Add clue but get the nod, ace
    ^ Lando's Millennium Falcon

Fail nigh and stem hope. Rotated. No Help. Get Pwd. Dunce
    ^ Hound's Tooth

shrug
  • Tohu
    81 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    That's a good start but your journey has just begun...

So we are talking about a hero's journey style event?
  • OMG this harder than the sith raid....
    Que la Fuerza os acompañe!

Kakaka

Telegram @Kakakawakaka
    https://swgoh.gg/u/kakakawakaka/
    Código aliado 192-195-873
    https://swgoh.gg/g/516/global-elite-games/
  • Kiot
    12 posts Member
    edited January 2019
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Tsuo_Vook wrote: »
    Can confirm, at least in part. I just tried reversing my method (line up rate marker w/ rate on outside, find distance on outside, read down) and I get S C O U for the first four characters, and much more clearly lined up than the list I generated. I think you've got that, @KaseySpacey . (Also, @CG_SBCrumb liked your post, which is a good sign.)
    Scout Trooper confirmed
  • Maybe it's Scouse Vessel and we're getting some kind of weird Red Dwarf crossover content? 😏
    "The dark side, the light... both have merit. Why not half of each...?" - Harvey "Two-Face" Dent
  • Porkins confirmed.
  • It’s obviously the Star Forge
  • The poem reminds me of when you translate a block of text into a different language(or languages) and translate it back into English.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    And "best hat" is clearly Embo and Cad but that doesn't fit the timeline. Only other scoundrel hat I can think of is the one worn by both Beckett and Lando.

kkf3utq80mda.jpg
    Oh man I definitely hope it’s beckett, though my thoughts say no.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/