Jedi Knight Luke

Prev1
With all the crazy going on that is TW changes, I figured I'd ask and speculate something different.

We recently got OT Chewie and 3P0. I know people have been speculating the OT Falcon but I'm thinking we are one step away from Return of the Jedi Luke.

If we do need new characters, it might be Slave Leia (please CG) and Disguised Lando.

Maybe the Journey Requirement would be 3P0, Raid Han, Legendary Chewie, R2, Slave Leia, Disguised Lando.
Different parts of the event would require specific characters just like CLS Hero's Journey.

Also Slave Leia's kit could revolve around using the chain like a whip with a new debuff called strangle that causes death in the next 2 character turns unless cleansed.

Let me know what you guys think, and sorry if this doesn't have direction. I'm coming up with this as I go along.

Replies

• That does sound interesting but I think Jabba the Hutt should be in the game first. Even if he's NPC.
  • Right but your forgetting we will need episode 5 characters not episode 6
  • Everyone keeps suggesting RotJ toons to unlock Jedi Luke. But it'll be ESB toons! Probably CLS, RHan, Chewie, ROLO, Hoda. Maybe C3P0 in there somewhere but I doubt it.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Wait wait wait. In my mind, RotJ Luke is Jedi Luke. We have CLS, which is the Luke from the end of ESB.

When Luke flies off to Bespin, he isn't classified as a Jedi, right? He's only a Jedi in RotJ when he wears black with a green lightsaber.
  • Would it be CLS getting his hand cut off then? And Cloud City Leia, the Han from the Legendary Chewie event, Legendary Chewie, 3P0 and R2?

Oh man. Playing back the moment when Vader breaks the ultimate plot twist would be really cool to see in game.
  • Twofox wrote: »
    Wait wait wait. In my mind, RotJ Luke is Jedi Luke. We have CLS, which is the Luke from the end of ESB.

When Luke flies off to Bespin, he isn't classified as a Jedi, right? He's only a Jedi in RotJ when he wears black with a green lightsaber.

The journey to get CLS ends when you leave the death star in epi 4. So people think the next journey would pick up from there,aka, be hoth (why wampa is often suggested as needed incorrectly), dagobah (why Hoda is suggested), and then cloud city (rh/c3po/chewy/rolo/lando/NOT R2D2)
  • Mfish
    136 posts Member
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    Twofox wrote: »
    Wait wait wait. In my mind, RotJ Luke is Jedi Luke. We have CLS, which is the Luke from the end of ESB.

The journey to get CLS ends when you leave the death star in epi 4. So people think the next journey would pick up from there,aka, be hoth (why wampa is often suggested as needed incorrectly), dagobah (why Hoda is suggested), and then cloud city (rh/c3po/chewy/rolo/lando/NOT R2D2)

Dont forget Lobot. I'm not trolling. If they go that route it is very plausible.
  • PoD
    67 posts Member
    Mfish wrote: »
    Dont forget Lobot. I'm not trolling. If they go that route it is very plausible.

That would be amazing.
  • CLS is from the beginning of ESB, not the end. So we'd get Jedi Luke from the beginning of RotJ.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    CLS is from the beginning of ESB, not the end. So we'd get Jedi Luke from the beginning of RotJ.

Well kind of.
    Luke has the Commander title throughout all of ESB, but he doesn’t wear the outfit he wears on his ingame character until later in the movie. (Later Dagobah scenes, right?)

But I think it makes sense if the journey for “Jedi Luke” was the story of ESB, it picks us from the last journey AND is one of the key plots in his path to a Jedi.

Characters would go something like this, I assume:

I: CLS, Captain Han on Hoth
    II: Captain Han, ROLO on Hoth (maybe C3PO as well)
    III: CLS, R2 on Dagobah
    IV: Han (Raid? Captain?), Chewie, and C3PO (ROLO?) In space? On Bespin?
    V: This one I’m not sure about, but I’m sure someone has an idea for it
    VI: CLS vs Vader on Bespin
    VII: ROLO, Lando, and Chewie on Bespin

So obviously this list is incomplete, and surely flawed, but it’s an idea. My biggest problem with it is that there are way too many characters, but I’m puzzled as to how CG could simplify it, so any ideas?
  • cfodder
    85 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Old Ben is from episode 4. How about a new character, ghost/force apparition (maybe call him Dagobah) Ben. Either toss him or HYoda in with Rolo, Chewie, RHan and C3PO. If they were to do the Hyoda version then it could get released next go-around for C3PO. Its be interesting if they put 3PO, Chewie and JKL events up at the same time.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    CLS is from the beginning of ESB, not the end. So we'd get Jedi Luke from the beginning of RotJ.

Well kind of.
    Luke has the Commander title throughout all of ESB, but he doesn’t wear the outfit he wears on his ingame character until later in the movie. (Later Dagobah scenes, right?)

I just had this discussion on another forum recently. He was wearing it under his orange flight suit. We know because we saw him take the flight suit off and he was wearing the CLS clothes, on Dagobah. So the only part of the movie he might not have been wearing it was the first 5-10 mins with the Wampa scene.

And the reason I don't think they'll require Captain Han is because they didn't give Chewie any synergy with him, and it's pretty obvious that Chewie will be required.
  • I think Jedi Luke won’t be around for a long long time, think about it Luke was the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy, what would beat him in the power creep?
    I think he will be on the horizon for at least 12/18 months
  • Frankly I think Revan was more powerful, but I digress...
  • Fenn93 wrote: »
    I think Jedi Luke won’t be around for a long long time, think about it Luke was the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy, what would beat him in the power creep?
    I think he will be on the horizon for at least 12/18 months

Technically after Ben and Yoda died, he was the only Jedi (that we know of) in the galaxy...

• Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

IV could be Han, Luke and Leia fighting Mynocks inside the Space Slug, and V could be Han/Leia/C3PO vs. Vader & Stormtroopers (and maybe Lando, that double crosser) on Bespin.

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Stick
    647 posts Member
    We already have return of the Jedi luke. Have you looked at cls hand. There’s a clean incision line by the sleeve. So it has to be post empire luke. Which means ... we have what you’re looking for. No need for speculation on this anymore. Perhaps focus on the future not the past of Star Wars.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Stick wrote: »
    We already have return of the Jedi luke. Have you looked at cls hand. There’s a clean incision line by the sleeve. So it has to be post empire luke. Which means ... we have what you’re looking for. No need for speculation on this anymore. Perhaps focus on the future not the past of Star Wars.

Lol no there isn't, but that was funny 😆
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Stick wrote: »

... sarcasm?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »

IV could be Han, Luke and Leia fighting Mynocks inside the Space Slug, and V could be Han/Leia/C3PO vs. Vader & Stormtroopers (and maybe Lando, that double crosser) on Bespin.

That sounds right, except for Luke being part of fighting Mynocks. He was training to be a Jedi ;)
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Well kind of.

I just had this discussion on another forum recently. He was wearing it under his orange flight suit. We know because we saw him take the flight suit off and he was wearing the CLS clothes, on Dagobah. So the only part of the movie he might not have been wearing it was the first 5-10 mins with the Wampa scene.

And the reason I don't think they'll require Captain Han is because they didn't give Chewie any synergy with him, and it's pretty obvious that Chewie will be required.

Oh. Well then thanks for the correction, that’s something I was not aware of.

I figure they’ll require Captain Han because I have this weird gut feeling that they won’t include Raid characters in a hero’s journey. But that’s just me
  • Just marquee jedi luke and only available through marquee and a 1 time chance to get him never goes to free to farm
  • With Jedi Luke being the most iconic character in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes (I’d say Darth Vader is the most iconic overall in pop culture). Jedi Luke should be the most unique and most difficult character to obtain and level and gear up.

A 7* maxed out Jedi Luke should be a journey not just one event.
  • Jedi Luke is big...I had thought that swgoh would hold off until the games sunset but they seem ready to roll out even more movie and tv show and comic stuff in the future.

They could target a Jedi Luke in time to have yet another hero’s journey to go from Jedi Luke to hermit Luke.
    Jedi Luke is so big though that they could design a new journey format - I can see them requiring 10 different characters for various stages instead of restricting themselves to just 5. Maybe this is where we finally see Jabba as an opponent as well.
  • Anybody ever play Decipher's Star Wars CCG in the 90's? That game had jedi training events that Son of Skywalker (CLS equivalent) could play (made him more powerful than Jedi Luke). If CG could create a way for Hoda to train CLS into Jedi Luke...include the dark cave battle against Darth Vader (1) on Dagobah, carbon freezing chamber Vader fight (2) on Bespin Cloud City, travel to Tatooine to find Obi-Wan's journal to build green lightsaber, change over to green saber without glove, face off against Prince Xizor & his droid/Black Sun Syndicate (3) (been awhile since I read that novel), force choke gamorean guards (4) at Jabba's Palace, fight boba fett on desert skiff (5) in Sand Dunes at Sarlac Pit, add black glove to robot hand, face Darth Vader in EP's death star II throne room (6) to fully become Jedi Luke!
  • Nihion wrote: »

Well kind of.

But I think it makes sense if the journey for “Jedi Luke” was the story of ESB, it picks us from the last journey AND is one of the key plots in his path to a Jedi.

Characters would go something like this, I assume:

I: CLS, Captain Han on Hoth
    II: Captain Han, ROLO on Hoth (maybe C3PO as well)
    III: CLS, R2 on Dagobah
    VI: CLS vs Vader on Bespin
    VII: ROLO, Lando, and Chewie on Bespin

So obviously this list is incomplete, and surely flawed, but it’s an idea. My biggest problem with it is that there are way too many characters, but I’m puzzled as to how CG could simplify it, so any ideas?

V: cls and r2 vs boba fett and stormtroopers
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Twofox wrote: »
    We recently got OT Chewie and 3P0.

New content!

( @Kyno necro)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Twi
    209 posts Member
    I’m not sure c3po will be in this one. Have we had an instance where a legendary character was used two events? With c3po being a requirement GAS, I doubt they will make him a requirement for Jedi Luke... my guess it’ll be another version of c3po if anything.
  • Twofox wrote: »
    With all the crazy going on that is TW changes, I figured I'd ask and speculate something different.

We recently got OT Chewie and 3P0. I know people have been speculating the OT Falcon but I'm thinking we are one step away from Return of the Jedi Luke.

If we do need new characters, it might be Slave Leia (please CG) and Disguised Lando.

Maybe the Journey Requirement would be 3P0, Raid Han, Legendary Chewie, R2, Slave Leia, Disguised Lando.
    Different parts of the event would require specific characters just like CLS Hero's Journey.

Also Slave Leia's kit could revolve around using the chain like a whip with a new debuff called strangle that causes death in the next 2 character turns unless cleansed.

Let me know what you guys think, and sorry if this doesn't have direction. I'm coming up with this as I go along.

As much as I love this idea 2 issues; it would be ESB journey, also they will never allow Slave Leia in the game. Game is very E rated.
  • Then they could release Daughter of Skywalker, Ewok Village Leia Force-Linked to Jedi Knight Luke