New Clue!

Replies

• Rilsston wrote: »
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025736/uploads/editor/ko/qyyzca0odp7e.txt

This is the text from the “I haz bugs” clue

It looks like ASCII but if you convert it its just crap
  • What are you planning to eat for dinner @CG_SBCrumb ?
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • I heard someone saying some of the characters on the wheel were upper case, some lower case. Do we know the exact capitalization for scoundrels4life? Because it sounds like that's a password for a gmail account.
  • I heard someone saying some of the characters on the wheel were upper case, some lower case. Do we know the exact capitalization for scoundrels4life? Because it sounds like that's a password for a gmail account.

It was already used to log in to the forum account.
  • the first hex expression has three bytes then all other expressions have 4 or 5 bytes exept the end that is just 5. And because the Text said "I haz bugs" it means there are errors on the expressions. Maybe they all should just be 4 bytes?
  • Rilsston wrote: »

Back.

Doesn't look like ASCII to me. Looks like grid coordinates and things to put in the grid. There's always a letter-number pair, followed by "[letter] x [number]". It's a bit hard to read automatically because the numbers in the grid coordinates can be one- or two-digit.

This might be a bit like the C-3PO cross-stitch style clue where we're looking to build a picture. Not sure. Not sure what that first alphanumeric pair before the thing that looks like a grid coordinate means yet.
  • I bet it generates the word search.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    So what are the final conclusions so far? Forum Account and password for certain. As far as I can tell that is all from the chart and wheel?

What about his verse? Are The ship names anything? Fisto, Dathca? Anything else confirmed from the verse?
  • ETAAB
    78 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    "Take back one kadam to honor the Hebrew God, whose Ark this is."
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Tsuo_Vook wrote: »
    Rilsston wrote: »

Back.

Doesn't look like ASCII to me. Looks like grid coordinates and things to put in the grid. There's always a letter-number pair, followed by "[letter] x [number]". It's a bit hard to read automatically because the numbers in the grid coordinates can be one- or two-digit.

This might be a bit like the C-3PO cross-stitch style clue where we're looking to build a picture. Not sure. Not sure what that first alphanumeric pair before the thing that looks like a grid coordinate means yet.

Kind of reminds me of hacking computers in fall out
  • Tsuo_Vook
    62 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Properties of the 102chars.txt file:

The file has the form "[letter-1] [number-1] [letter-2] x [number-2] [letter-1] [number-1] [letter-2] x [number-2]..."

I'm breaking these into [letter-1] [number-1] [letter-2] x [number-2] \linebreak to make it easier to read.

Letters from [letter-1] belong to the set {C, D, L}. [letter-2] includes {A, B, C, D, E, F, G} but not L.

[number-1] ranges from 1 to 9, but (at least in the first long span of them) doesn't include 0 and doesn't go to double digits. [number-2] goes from 1 to 21, though I haven't verified if all numbers in that interval are used or if some might be missing. I expect that all are used.

Again, this is making me think of grid coordinates. [letter-2] and [number-2] span continuous ranges in letters and natural numbers. Conflicting with this, though, some of what I'm calling "grid coordinates" appear more than once in the list. So the cross-stitch notion is dubious, since we've got multiple bits sharing a grid coordinate if that's the case. It's possible that my restructuring of these is leading me down a bad path, but this feels most natural to me because of how the file begins.

(Sorry, guys, I went back and edited this a couple times. The current version should be final.)
  • Tsuo_Vook wrote: »

the x looks a lot more like a hex indication. If you clean it up it looks like kind of a hex dump to me.
  • I agree, base-22 notation. Perhaps that’s the bug and needs converting
  • Mikepax
    5 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    The "x" always comes after a letter and before a number
  • "Reason is simple, paired and true"
    could be that reason refer to logic.
    In binary logic simple could mean 0, paired the number 2 which is 10 in binary and true is 1.
    So 0, 10, 1 and combined 0101
    Would that be useful anywhere?
  • Donmanolito
    118 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    "I haz bugs". Maybe thats the conversion clue. I guess it should mean "I have bugs" so the z should be ve

z is 7Ax or 122
    v is 76x or 118
    e is 65x or 101
  • Why doesn't someone check MIT puzzles to see if there are any similar to this?
  • HiredGoons wrote: »
    I agree, base-22 notation. Perhaps that’s the bug and needs converting

Initially, I was dismissing this idea. In fact I started writing this comment to argue against it, but I'm no longer sure. I don't think it's right, but it's a little odd that we've got letters going up to L and numbers going up to 21. If this were base 22, we'd write it with the set {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L} with L corresponding to a decimal 21.

That said, I think this is just unlucky coincidence here. The properties of the four fields are stable in ways that don't look like base 22. Like @Mikepax said, the x's divide this into regular letters and numbers---it's not like we're constantly flipping between elements of that base 22 set above.
  • It reminds me of some kind of chess notation, having a chess board / asteroid field of 21xL.
  • BroderickJoens
    28 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm calling it: M Falcon, Hondo, and Ugnaught rework.
  • egtrip
    23 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Properties of the 102chars.txt file:

Conflicting with this, though, some of what I'm calling "grid coordinates" appear more than once in the list. So the cross-stitch notion is dubious, since we've got multiple bits sharing a grid coordinate if that's the case.

What if the repeating coordinates are the bugs?
  • I'm calling it: M Falcon, Hondo, and Ugnaught rework.

Melch!
  • Donmanolito
    118 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    what still bothers me is that mostly we have 4 digits then the x but one some there are 5 digits + the x. I guess the 5 digit lines are the buggy lines.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    @CG_SBCrumb do you mind giving an updated “path” to where we are currently in this puzzle? Something just doesn’t add up, like how did it get to the email address and EA account? I assume all that happened on the Discord chat channel? Inquiring minds would love to know the path as it unfolds, but it’s very hard to follow. Maybe update your main OG thread in this with Step 1, 2, 3, to current state?

xabq1dxzn7f3.png
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Tsuo_Vook
    62 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Darian wrote: »
    It reminds me of some kind of chess notation, having a chess board / asteroid field of 21xL.

I agree, and this is what I'm working with at the moment. I'm envisioning maybe 27 "asteroids", labeled C1 through L9 (using my [letter-1][number-1] from above) and a series of grid coordinates they move through.

I'm not at all sure this is the right way to approach the problem, but it's the thing that jumps out at me the most right now. I also think it'll be good to try to get some sort of visual representation built for this thing I'm thinking is a 7x21 grid of positions.
  • Firebrigade
    852 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    @CG_SBCrumb do you mind giving an updated “path” to where we are currently in this puzzle? Something just doesn’t add up, like how did it get to the email address and EA account? I assume all that happened on the Discord chat channel? Inquiring minds would love to know the path as it unfolds, but it’s very hard to follow.

xabq1dxzn7f3.png

I’m guessing they finally got the Bacon cipher figured out after Crumb gave them that new clue, guessing the correct AB split was something like A-M and N-Z based on the clue.
  • Vondy
    77 posts Member
    HiredGoons wrote: »
    I agree, base-22 notation. Perhaps that’s the bug and needs converting

Initially, I was dismissing this idea. In fact I started writing this comment to argue against it, but I'm no longer sure. I don't think it's right, but it's a little odd that we've got letters going up to L and numbers going up to 21. If this were base 22, we'd write it with the set {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L} with L corresponding to a decimal 21.

That said, I think this is just unlucky coincidence here. The properties of the four fields are stable in ways that don't look like base 22. Like @Mikepax said, the x's divide this into regular letters and numbers---it's not like we're constantly flipping between elements of that base 22 set above.

From the folks chatting on discord, format for each sequence appears to be C/D/L(0-9)(A-G)x(1-21)

You won't find H, I, J, or K in there
  • I know this isn't relevant to solving it, but what discord server is this going down on?
  • Goody
    30 posts Member
    I second that ^^^