Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• JKB1020
    23 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    How in the world do you take the positive response to buffing characters and think hey that must mean people will be happy if we arbitrarily eliminate characters everyone has worked really hard on?

This is so incredibly stupid. It’s the exact opposite of what people loved about the TW bonus stats that everyone loved. Instead of adding fun shakeups you are just taking away all of our hard work.

How did you ever think this ridiculous idea would be fun?
  • How did you ever think creating a new thread would be of use?
  • Noooooo! (Vader dying voice)
  • LoreleiPhoenix
    148 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Since my original post of how bad this idea is 43 pages back or so, I just want to reaffirm to EA and the Devs that this is the worst idea I have ever heard regarding this game. Please leave TW alone- you had just "fixed" the matchmaking - I believe we had 2 matches after that fix (both were fair matches for our guild). Now you are destroying TW with this horrible idea and taking the competitive nature of guild vs guild out of TW- all this after not having TW for over a month.

The employee(s) who came up with this idea should be made to clean the bathrooms for 2019 and kill the cockroaches in the basement

Ha ha ha ha ha ha...ROFL
    I think we should take a poll on who agrees with this idea. Now this is playful!
  • I would love to be a fly on the wall at their corporate meetings on this overwhelmingly unpopular and not at all playful idea.
  • Rav1n
    20 posts Member
    got_a_bad_feeling.jpeg
  • Now it is a bad Idea to invest in lower Toons. Better stockpile hundreds and hundreds of Gear until you can directly go to Gear 12. Particularly since GA. And i stop starring my toons to 7.
  • Tulkas
    253 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    CG, you were on an awesome roll with making good on your promises; the marquees have slowed, the legendaries have been amazing, & GA is awesome.

I am however (as are many, I feel), disheartened by the TW developments. I wasnt a fan of the random super toon buffs in tws past, however, they're farrrrrr preferable to the lets-disallow-toons-on-the-whims-of-the-masses thing that's happening now. As someone who has spent literal tens of thousands to make sure I have all the key toons (and some not so key toons) I find it severely disheartening that a large chunk of my time and money will be null and void for TWs going forward.

In retrospect, as I said, the monkey wrench of super buffed toons is a distant memory I now find myself yearning for.

Please right this wrong.

Tanks
  • five2zero wrote: »
    Now it is a bad Idea to invest in lower Toons. Better stockpile hundreds and hundreds of Gear until you can directly go to Gear 12. Particularly since GA. And i stop starring my toons to 7.

Me as well. After GA I’ve stopped starring up units before I need them. I have several 4 and 5 star units with enough shards to go directly to 7, but that’s just a bad move now.
    I’ve also stopped putting the gear I have hundreds of on low gear toons, to avoid bumping them up in the slightest... but I digress.
    Looking forward to hearing from the devs on this TW when they are back...
  • Are you serious!? Is this just a game to you!? XD but yeah... this isn’t a good idea. Shaking things up is fine. But hurting peoples’ rosters who have had great focus on certain toons/teams is just frustrating. Unless it can’t be used on defense and can only be used on offense or something. That’d be fine.
  • Icuii
    16 posts Member
    EA/CG this is the worst idea I've seen yet. I even signed up to post this.

I'm really glad I haven't invested cash in this game, and feel sorry for those that have. With that said, you're negating peoples resources invested in your product.

Its clear that Emp Palpatine is the most widely used meta and they're going to have majority against teams like Revan or Nightsister Zombie which are meta but less common. This makes the game less competitive and will lead to the same common teams being used while their weaknesses are filtered out.

Its not playful, or a good idea, and I would go as far to write up the employee who proposed it would be because this is out of touch. Why would players want you to take away their characters from a game mode requiring teams they leveled up?

Mace was very helpful as it counteracted common meta teams that are spammed and RNG dependent. If additional updates follow this pattern I'll definitely be finding a different game to play.
  • This is an absolutely **** idea. Characters that I spent money out of my pocket to get and play then spent more money making them better can be “banned” from being used? Absolute crap if this plays out like this I think I should get refunded what I spent on these characters that I can’t use.
  • So, you're just gonna lock chars out of TW based on what this particularly limited slice of the community votes for their favorite metas for?

Excuse me, but what the f- are you smoking that you thought this was a good idea?

There are any number of bad ideas you could come up with for TW, but this is among the worst. Wow, just... wow.
  • Alright, let me try to break down, step by step, why this is such a bad idea.

First off, the bad idea is not in and of itself trying to diversify the meta. I see what your goal is, "if we ban certain characters, people will have to shake up their metas, and we won't see the same teams all the time, every time." That's a noble goal. However, doing this on such short notice in a game that takes weeks if not months to really build up a character - or substantial real world money - is terrible. Most people have been spending a lot of time, and resources, building teams. Not characters, teams. This entire game is build around having specific teams ready to go, making the team as a whole the most effective they can. As such, people don't really have alternatives in mind, they have the main focus and they work on that. Because, up to this point, the entire game has focused on team dynamics.

Secondly, a vote? But not just any vote, no, a vote here, on the forums, which a vast majority of players never use. And worse, with an internet voting system, which are notoriously flawed. Just ask, oh, any PR form in the last ten years that's tried this. From sending Taylor Swift to sing at a school for the deaf, to the name "Boaty McBoatface", to trying to send Justin Bieber to North Korea. This is not, at all, a good method of going about it. You have a tiny amount of the player base - and mostly those who're the most dedicated and thus most interested in various metas, who now get to damage the game for everyone else. And I do say damage. You are likely only considering the veteran, whale players who have most of not all of the roster at their disposal. However, a lot of players - and most of them are not here on the forums - are still building their teams. Not everyone runs heroic raids constantly. There are still some players, some guilds, where they run lower end Pit even, because they've got newer players. This ideadestroys their game. Because, a stated before, they have to work on the team composition. And they may only have one or two teams they focus on. In fact, I often suggested to player that they make sure to focus on having one really good team before worrying about getting their hands on everything. Now, if they have that one team, and you take it away, they have nothing. And these are players who are going to have older metas. There's no way they can chase the latest, greatest metas, because they're likely still trying to catch up with all the various teams you need just to unlock characters. Meanwhile, the people representing this forum are going to be largely biased toward having the latest teams. So all they have to do is vote for those, and it hurts literally everybody else.

This is too short notice, for a radical idea, that will hurt the play experience for far more players than it will benefit. Especially banning twenty-eight characters. That's obscene. If you really want to shake the metas up, you need to start promoting that elsewhere in the game as well. And that's a fun idea. I like that idea. I like the idea of needing to rotate your teams around a bit. I'm probably one of the few that likes the 3v3 GA because it did make me think outside the box a bit. But I implore you, rethink this decision. A popular vote on the forums is an awful, awful idea. Banning 28 characters is an awful, awful idea. Boosting some characters was a good way to shake things up (even if they were boosted a bit too far before, a mediocre Windu was able to wipe out well done teams almost solo). You may even allow minor debuffs to some character. And I stress "minor", as you still don't want to destroy the lower end people's fun. For the love of God, stop **** on the majority of your player base to appease the whales! You keep it up, the whales will have nobody to flex their wallets at, and then they'll look for better waters.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Nearly 50 pages they have to go thru..

TL,DR: don't ban toons... Ever!
  • I like this idea of blacklisting some toons for TW. This shakes this game mode a little. Who had very similar TW ten times in a row with a wall of NS another of FO then Bastillas.... This could make TW less predictable and more strategic by forcing us to keep coming up with new squads.

I liked TW bonuses too and wished they did that every TW (different toons and different bonuses although maybe not as mighty unless it’s toons everybody have like mace was).
  • What a stupid idea..

I aint voting for nothing. So we let ppl gear and level up their heroes up for month over month to eventually NOT use in TW?

This is a joke right?

• If they decide to ignore all of this feedback (which they asked for on this new "community" style) and go foward with the ban I think it will be interesting to see how many guilds ban this community style TW.
    This would give them our true answer to what we think of this idea...
  • [...] I think it will be interesting to see how many guilds ban this community style TW. This would give them our true answer to what we think of this idea...

Well our guild is already debating on passing this/these TWs.
    It just takes the fun and competition aspect out of it.
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    If they decide to ignore all of this feedback (which they asked for on this new "community" style) and go foward with the ban I think it will be interesting to see how many guilds ban this community style TW.
    This would give them our true answer to what we think of this idea...

If they actually go through with the ban idea, I'm definitely not participating.. I'll gladly miss a few rewards rather than give any indication that a new precedent of banning toons is acceptable in any way.
  • Also I don't want my guild to win a TW because the other guild had too many players that invested in banned characters.

Its a cheap victory, and I definitely wouldn't want to lose because my guilds teams have been filtered out by the change either.

For example my guild focused alot on nightsisters, and Jedi/old republic. What will happen when we're paired against EP or Traya guilds and then Jolee/Zombie is banned. Please think this through?
  • How did you ever think creating a new thread would be of use?

I actually created a new thread by accident lol couldn’t figure out how to delete it
  • You make all the hate go away if you double the rewards. I think it’s an interesting idea to shake up TW. Plus I’m not gonna waste gear on a toon I’m only gonna use for a month. I’ve always hated tw anyways so I’m just glad to see some effort in changing it. I don’t mind having to strategize a bit if I’m missing a key toon. It is a game after all and I play games to be challenged. Just give me time to move mods and compensate me by DOUBLING THE REWARDS.

For those that really like TW this may be a last ditch effort to save it. I’m not sure what % of guilds participate but I’m sure there’s a lot of guilds that don’t get enough participation to even meet the minimum requirements consistently. We went a whole month without it and there’s been more outrage over changing it then there was for going without it. The extra zetas are nice but it’s one difference between first and second. Doesn’t really inspire the best effort.

So, run tw once a month for two days, double the rewards, get the survey link in game, and give us at least a week to prep for any toons left out. You’d still have guild vs guild competition and I’d be happy with it. If you scrap it totally just give me another way to get free zetas.
  • snookalo wrote: »
    You make all the hate go away if you double the rewards. I think it’s an interesting idea to shake up TW. Plus I’m not gonna waste gear on a toon I’m only gonna use for a month. I’ve always hated tw anyways so I’m just glad to see some effort in changing it. I don’t mind having to strategize a bit if I’m missing a key toon. It is a game after all and I play games to be challenged. Just give me time to move mods and compensate me by DOUBLING THE REWARDS.

For those that really like TW this may be a last ditch effort to save it. I’m not sure what % of guilds participate but I’m sure there’s a lot of guilds that don’t get enough participation to even meet the minimum requirements consistently. We went a whole month without it and there’s been more outrage over changing it then there was for going without it. The extra zetas are nice but it’s one difference between first and second. Doesn’t really inspire the best effort.

So, run tw once a month for two days, double the rewards, get the survey link in game, and give us at least a week to prep for any toons left out. You’d still have guild vs guild competition and I’d be happy with it. If you scrap it totally just give me another way to get free zetas.

....Like, how will doubling rewards fix things for people who will literally be unable to participate in TW because of toon bans?
  • So another possible issue. Will matchmaking use a guilds total gp of participating members, or the gp after they lose the 28 toons? If its total gp, and one guild has lost significantly more than the other due to focusing on different toons, your guild may find itself facing a large gp deficit, possibly millions!
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Prosser wrote: »
    So another possible issue. Will matchmaking use a guilds total gp of participating members, or the gp after they lose the 28 toons? If its total gp, and one guild has lost significantly more than the other due to focusing on different toons, your guild may find itself facing a large gp deficit, possibly millions!

Total, for sure. Which will be doubly punishing for those who have those toons. They set THAT precedent with grand arena and ship gp, so expect to see it much more in the future. It's their m.o.
    That's exactly why I, and others like me, are determined to see this concept of banning be stopped.
  • I was thinking, since my 9 year old daughter enjoys reading, to make things more playful I would ban all of her favorite books and have her vote on whether to read War and Peace, the Obituaries, or the new specials in our local shopper.
  • I was thinking, since my 9 year old daughter enjoys reading, to make things more playful I would ban all of her favorite books and have her vote on whether to read War and Peace, the Obituaries, or the new specials in our local shopper.

You’re being ridiculous, that’s not even close to what’s happening here!!

Have her classmates vote on it for her.
  • Imho the idea of banned characters during TW is not that bad.. as some ppl stated above, this will shake up all those imapassable walls of ns, revans, trayas and whoever else was to be banned.. it might actually help those weaker guilds (that didn't do enough HSTRs to unlock or lvl traya) win the TW.
    Also it might challenge us to get creative with the team comps when their integral parts are out of picture and this really suits me. GA challenged me and I found it appealing, interesting, it pulled me out from the daily hard node/cantina/arena grind routine so I'm eager to see what will become of the upcoming TW. Bring it on CG!
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Hmm kinda surprised this thread is still active...
This discussion has been closed.