New Clue!

Replies

• Glad we got the hints where we were stuck at! I am among those disappointed by the lack of any really new info, though. Really could have fit the whole road ahead into this one. Blasted leakers, ruining it for everyone!
  • We should have not been disappointed as we already knew it was related to ships but still few had their hopes up for something new.....😔
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Soooo......the Falcon was on the leak......is there more???

Sooo....they shouldn’t release anything that’s been leaked? We’re in trouble if that day comes.
  • Journey before destination :)

Life before death.
    Strength before weakness. ;)

- EVS-469

• Hello, all you multiple McFlies!

The purple devil was a clear indication that CG_EVS_469 was JOKING.

It's a sarcasm tag disguised as an emoji. Get it?

sigsig was guessing something that others had guessed on page 1. sigsig wasn't bothering to even read the thread. Of course CG_EVS_469 was going to take sigsig down a peg.

Uhhh...sig sig, along with many others spent all day working on the thing. Don't comment on things you don't know about.
  • CG_EVS_469 wrote: »
    CG_EVS_469 wrote: »
    Boser wrote: »
    It's like inception except with a word find.

"Recursive word search" was the initial concept I wanted to build, hearkening back to a very similar puzzle from one of the early Microsoft Puzzlehunts I played in. (That one had you finding animals in a grid, the smaller grid was composed entirely of apes/monkeys, and the final answer was MIKE NESMITH, one of the Monkees.)

- EVS-469

Retrospective - This was definitely harder than the last couple. I'd say the one for Dark Bastila was about a 1/5, Revan should have been about a 2/5, but the formatting made it more challenging. C3PO was about a 3/5, though it would have been a 5 if there wasn't a text log of the notes, and I still think I may have gotten insanely lucky in finding a way to quickly decode the solfa cipher. This one ratcheted it up to about a 5.5/5 though. There were a couple of really nice lateral steps in there, especially using the Light/Dark/Cantina characters to index into. If there was a weakness, I'm not sure the Bacon's cipher was clued enough - without the hint, I'm not sure how long that would have taken to arrive at, since I was definitely stuck.

(for perspective, I'm more familiar with the Australian puzzle hunts than the MIT/Microsoft ones, mostly because they were more of the online variety, so I know a fair bit of what to expect from them)

Appreciate this. I was personally shooting for roughly a 3 or 4; my guess for the community's solve time was about six hours. I think there were a few things that knocked this up from there. First, as you noted, the lack of Bacon cluing really delayed you guys. A large part of that I think can be chalked up to the fact that a properly-encrypted Bacon cipher *doesn't look encrypted at all*, so y'all ratholed on it for quite a while.

Second, the sheer *weirdness* of Star Wars character names makes 'em harder to find in a grid without a list to work from - and made it easier to inadvertently include short ones I didn't recognize. (For the record, all the names I used were either used in-game or came from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Wars_characters - all current canon.)

Third, the fact that it was encrypted as an interim step led to errors in the initial grid, which wreaked all sorts of havoc as you guys continued to solve, particularly without the availability of mid-solve checkpoints. (And I think one or two of the nodes might've changed between when I wrote the puzzle and today, too, which didn't help any!)

All that said - again, you guys did a great job persevering through all the above, and I had a blast watching and rooting y'all on from the sidelines. :)

- EVS-469

The real cipher is you need all scoundrels ships at 7*
  • Tactyou wrote: »

The real cipher is you need all scoundrels ships at 7*

Yes that is the real question now, the requirement, comparing to the revan farm unlocking at 5stars with 3 bh ships would probably be way to mild requirement not inducing panic farm, most likely 7star unlock with all 5 scoundrel ships. at least that is my guess.
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    But crumb said that is was stuff that wasn’t on the leak....the Falcon clearly was. Great puzzle and great community interaction, but disappointing result.

Maybe we're getting all the ships listed in the second grid.
    Some maybe marquees.

Just a thought

Pod racer is gonna be sweet in space fights lol

Lil' Ani as the pilot too.
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    CG_EVS_469 wrote: »
    sigsig wrote: »
    Millennium falcon

Congratulations - y'all got it! Hope you guys had fun with this one - I've already got some Ideas for next time. >:)

- EVS-469

Lol, and I thought you've encrypted some event video with release date =D
    I think @CG_SBCrumb spoiled it with "Get it Ace" - which refers to the best pilot.
  • Excellent job guys, this was incredible hopefully there are more interesting things like this to come.
  • Well done, guys! I've just woken up, reread the thread and followed your steps. But I have 2 questions:
    1. Was the poem solved in Discord and was it Bacon cipher or acro...stics? What was the key ?
    2. I logged into the account but where did you find 102chars.txt? I can't see any bug reports...
  • She may not look like much but she’s got it where it counts...EA’s pockets.
  • Then, is it solved? For some one that doesnt speak english fluently, how can you resume?
    Thank you!
  • BeijiraReykvana
    57 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    To all those disappointed by the result of the "treasure hunt":
    schatz.jpg
    Translation:
    "If you are now wondering where the big treasure is, then look deep into yourself, and you will find that it consists of the friendships and experiences that you made during the long search."
    - "Wow."
    - "Very beautiful."
    - "Better than gold."
  • @CG_SBCrumb @CG_EVS_469 Kudos on making such an entertaining puzzle
  • OH WOW HOW SURPRISING ITS THE OT FALCON
  • Well done, guys! I've just woken up, reread the thread and followed your steps. But I have 2 questions:
    1. Was the poem solved in Discord and was it Bacon cipher or acro...stics? What was the key ?
    2. I logged into the account but where did you find 102chars.txt? I can't see any bug reports...

For 1: put all the letters of the 5 lines in the original sentence together. Turn every letter from A to M into an A. Every letter from N to Z into a B. And then use Bacon cipher to decode. That way you get an email address. With that address and the password scoundrels4life it was possible to login to EA to an account named HanAndChewie.

2. I also couldn't find the I haz bugs piece.
  • CG_EVS_469 wrote: »
    Journey before destination :)

Life before death.
    Strength before weakness. ;)

- EVS-469

My Radiant fellas :)
  • ColonelMatt8
    52 posts Member
    edited January 2019

2. I also couldn't find the I haz bugs piece.

It was under bug reports https://imgur.com/UBVAqW0
  • Lmao what the heck was that xD

I was just shaking my head in disappointment when boba fetter and others were dissing the whole thing, assuming it was only about the falcon. But in the end, the joke company just made themselves the butt of all jokes again. :V

You guys never fail to disappoint. Never change CG. ;D

• Lmao what the heck was that xD

I was just shaking my head in disappointment when boba fetter and others were dissing the whole thing, assuming it was only about the falcon. But in the end, the joke company just made themselves the butt of all jokes again. :V

Except it brought a large part of the community together and they enjoyed it instead of making unwarranted negative comments, but go ahead and keep disparaging them for letting folks have some fun because I'm sure that will spur them to want to communicate with us more.
  • I’ve personally turned a corner with the developers. I was initially very hyper critical of their approach, decisions, etc., but I truly feel like they have made the effort to adapt, keep this game interesting and fun (all while making the game profitable).

I also LOVE puzzles, and before they started with these riddles, I felt like I was pretty good at them. I’m learning quite a bit about the different ciphers that I never knew before.
  • The moral of the story is: read the leaks, ignore the puzzles.
    Ooba hutar.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I still dont understand how people found it was OT millenium falcom based on the Post from the DEV.

Can someone make another post with the explanation of how was the puzzle solved ?

The people who found the solution they should work with genius at the NASA idk what they do on a forum of video game
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Lmao what the heck was that xD

This is why we cant have nice things.
  • More like work with the CIA as a code breaker; still I'll give that we may need them at NASA to communicate with aliens
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • sigsig
    234 posts Member
    edited January 2019

I still dont understand how people found it was OT millenium falcom based on the Post from the DEV.

Can someone make another post with the explanation of how was the puzzle solved ?

The people who found the solution they should work with genius at the NASA idk what they do on a forum of video game

A recap is being worked on.
  • Yes like most of these the answer had been guessed long before solved. Or data mine had it out first.

But either way I love these( this one in particular because with word search it brought a whole new level of community involvement) but otherwise just watching the journey and people banding together to solve it. It's fun and really they could be boring and yesterday afternoon post say falcon coming in a week. Yawn
  • I still dont understand how people found it was OT millenium falcom based on the Post from the DEV.

Hey, just finished typing up how the day (and night) went down. https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/ad6mir/the_millennium_falcon_puzzle_saga/