Buy mod storage space

Lets face it, deleting mods is annoying but storing mods require server space. so the solution? Sell mod space! 1000 crystals for 250 mod space sounds reasonable enough. Lots would buy and its not even a prohibitive price. What do guys think? @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie

Replies

• Never happen, There’s no money in that proposal.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Never happen, There’s no money in that proposal.

1299 crystals for a 5-250 additional mod space depending on what drops ;)
  • Vertigo wrote: »

add a single zero after the 5 and ill take even that deal

Lmko yea that sounds more inline with prior performances
  • All kidding aside, there is no money in that at all. Crystals come by for free with patience, so, there is no money to be had. Whether 1k for x amount or 1299 for 5-250 ;)

And really, with space for 1k unequipped mods, why exactly do you need more?
  • $49.99 for 100 extra mod storage is probably more like it
  • Not relevant to mods, but when someone brings up inventory I think how nice it'd be to have a gear inventory screen showing every piece of gear and how many pieces we have of each all in one convenient location.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Not relevant to mods, but when someone brings up inventory I think how nice it'd be to have a gear inventory screen showing every piece of gear and how many pieces we have of each all in one convenient location.

We used to have one, and you could sell gear right from it, but then people sold rare gear by accident (Terrible credit return rate) and complained all the time so CG just scrapped the thing entirely.
  • Why does everything need to be monetised? Throwing the dog a bone also helps :D
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    What do guys think?
    Nah
  • Botzone1 wrote: »
    Why does everything need to be monetised? Throwing the dog a bone also helps :D
    Absolutely , However, I highly doubt we will see an increase in server costs/storage, just to allow a larger inventory of unequipped mods, for free,
    Absolutely , However, I highly doubt we will see an increase in server costs/storage, just to allow a larger inventory of unequipped mods, for free,

How do you tackle the issue of being forced to use ungeared characters as "mod storage space", which unnecessarily raises a players GP leading to potential Grand Arena disadvantages?

How do you tackle the issue of being forced to use ungeared characters as "mod storage space", which unnecessarily raises a players GP leading to potential Grand Arena disadvantages?
    I would start a thread about that and not attempt to disrupt someone else’s thread.

No one is forcing you. Use the 1000 free spaces. Or sell them.

As for raising GP, I'm one of those "complainers" about the GP mismatch issues.

Mods have got almost nothing to do with that problem.

At a stretch, on redundant toons they account for 50 to 75k of GP.

It's the gear and levels you can't undo that's the problem there. If it was mods, we'd have just removed them all already.
  • As to the OP.

No. Just tidy up once in a while. You're never going to need or use them.
  • What is the current mod storage limit ?
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    What is the current mod storage limit ?

Not 100%. Heard it was 1k, I had thought it was a little less but, either need to go count them all, . .or take that as possibly exactly true lol 😂

Edit,

Based on what I have, currently 459 unequiped and I believe I’m either one under the max or 11, I hit the limit yesterday and sorted a few again. So the 1k was a little way off base.
    Not relevant to mods, but when someone brings up inventory I think how nice it'd be to have a gear inventory screen showing every piece of gear and how many pieces we have of each all in one convenient location.

We used to have one, and you could sell gear right from it, but then people sold rare gear by accident (Terrible credit return rate) and complained all the time so CG just scrapped the thing entirely.

Ugh. Sometimes you just can't save people from themselves. I only played the first week of release and didn't pick it up again until after the Rancor was introduced so I must have missed that.
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Vertigo wrote: »

Ugh. Sometimes you just can't save people from themselves. I only played the first week of release and didn't pick it up again until after the Rancor was introduced so I must have missed that.

You should have seen the screaming when people sold their mk3 carbs, for pretty much a couple hundred credits each, and then found out how badly they were needed, the forums lit up so badly it was visible across the galaxy 😂
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    750 unequipped mods
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Ultra wrote: »
    750 unequipped mods

@ultra you sure about that,
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    750 unequipped mods

@ultra you sure about that,
    Double checked and I'm definitely wrong

looks like 500 seems to be the answer after doing a bit of research
  • I was tinkering, forgot locked mods don’t count under the sell option, which was how I tried to quickly guess , I seem to have a few locked mods, . . , potency mods alone has 15. So I’m thinking your quite possibly higher then even 500, I’ll go see what I can , I know my inventory is pretty much at max minus 5 or 6 lol
  • Total, 35 locked, 459 unlocked, all unequipped, total of 494 mods not on chars,
    @ultra is dead on at 500 mods for the allowable unequipped storage.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The real question is why, if you dont want to do anything with the 500 mods you already have, then more just makes it even more of a chore to deal with.

Any increase in storage just pushes off the same issue for a short period of time. A better solution is to find a way that suits you to just sell them.