Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    So this style should not effect you with the random banning then alot of different games do limitations on competitive plays to level the playing field and to change it up so what if they limit the toons this month a few months they might do it again ir not they also said they have several different ideas for tws so they might have the next several months of tw's planned out all different maybe a 3v3 other random faction/toons buffs (which i dont like), maybe faction only zones or generaic buffs/debuffs fir zones for defense and/or offense on those zones and others some people might hate others the might like so you just got to deal with it i can see they are wanting to shake it up and have players expand there roasters to get away from the hyper focus playstyle that dominates tw/ga

28 toons =/= a few toons.
  • Gannon
    1630 posts Member
    Options
    So this style should not effect you with the random banning then alot of different games do limitations on competitive plays to level the playing field and to change it up so what if they limit the toons this month a few months they might do it again ir not they also said they have several different ideas for tws so they might have the next several months of tw's planned out all different maybe a 3v3 other random faction/toons buffs (which i dont like), maybe faction only zones or generaic buffs/debuffs fir zones for defense and/or offense on those zones and others some people might hate others the might like so you just got to deal with it i can see they are wanting to shake it up and have players expand there roasters to get away from the hyper focus playstyle that dominates tw/ga

Dunno about you, but my guild is nowhere closer to "hyper focused" playstyles.. But TW is our glue that keeps us together. It's the most fun guild event we have currently, and we don't need GA style changes to something that requires so much time and coordination from so many players..
    Keep GA (fun and playful changes every time) strictly in GA.
    And once they start restricting toons (that ppl took months farming or paid for) from being used in certain events, the trend will surely continue in other areas.
  • Options
    Well, in most events in the game, besides Raids and maybe some mythic events, the useable toons are limited
    If I could, I'd use Phoenix everywhere, but I can't in many areas due to the restrictions in events
  • Gannon
    1630 posts Member
    Options
    Well, in most events in the game, besides Raids and maybe some mythic events, the useable toons are limited
    If I could, I'd use Phoenix everywhere, but I can't in many areas due to the restrictions in events

Yea they're limited to some extend in many areas, by that's a whole different thing from restricted. We have a few guild members who can fill/wipe an entire TW sector by themselves cuz they have so many viable teams and know how to use em..
    Also, try Phoenix on offense, they can take out most of the older metas, even traya if you choose attacks wisely. 😉
  • Options
    Gannon wrote: »

Dunno about you, but my guild is nowhere closer to "hyper focused" playstyles.. But TW is our glue that keeps us together. It's the most fun guild event we have currently, and we don't need GA style changes to something that requires so much time and coordination from so many players..
    And once they start restricting toons (that ppl took months farming or paid for) from being used in certain events, the trend will surely continue in other areas.

I prefear ga as the competitive playstyle not tw as much
  • Gannon
    1630 posts Member
    Options

I prefear ga as the competitive playstyle not tw as much

To each his own. I find it boring and limited, even with all the changes.
    I prefer TW for the coordination and cooperation between players, but I'm not against changes to the structure or additions (like some 3v3 zones for example)

But restrictions on toons is demoralizing to players and a horrible direction, because this is a progression based game and takes lots of time/money for characters to reach their full potential.
  • Options
    Wish i could down like things not just like cause i would diwn like everything negative about this atm
  • Shantaram
    31 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    This wouldn't be half as bad if the developers would even respond....or EA wouldn't refuse to take a complaint about their conduct!
  • Options
    The alternative is nerfing over powered heroes, or reducing their effectiveness like they have with many in STR. They are very adept at creating desireable, and over powered new heroes so you run and get them. But balance, nope.. not a clue.
  • Options

Yea they're limited to some extend in many areas, by that's a whole different thing from restricted. We have a few guild members who can fill/wipe an entire TW sector by themselves cuz they have so many viable teams and know how to use em..
    Also, try Phoenix on offense, they can take out most of the older metas, even traya if you choose attacks wisely. 😉

I may try them out again, only have Hera and Chopper not at g12.5
  • Options
    Comet19 wrote: »
    I already stated quite clearly that, in opposition to the vast majority, I think it would be FUN to have these 28 characters EXCLUDED FOR EVERYBODY (I think many players take it as a personal cut off...)
    I get that everyone will have these toons banned. This is still not okay. We’ve worked hard to gear up the toons we have that are considered useful in every aspect of the game. Sure, in TW, my guild’s opponents will have the same toons banned as we will, but you have to consider the fact that newer players and some older F2P players may not even be able to participate in TW. Off the top if my head, I can think of 5 players in my guild, including me, who would be GP deadweight to the guild if this ban goes through. Sure, the other guild may be in the same boat. Or maybe the other guild will have a bunch of whales in it that will offset their losses, unlike my guild. This simply is not a good idea.

if it is just ONE - TIME event. If it were to be anyhow permanent - I agree -it is plainly stupid. But it isn't!
    Show me where the devs explicitly stated that this was a one-time only event that will bever be repeated. Hence the reason why we have to express our outrage.

1) Actually, that's reasonable complaint. Really. But I don't really mind playing my leftovers against somebody elses leftovers once... I don't think is that bad...

2) Here we go again... We are planning to roll out many new types of Territory Wars in the future, but for the next Territory War... That is in the original post. MANY TYPES (plural) in the FUTURE, NEXT (Singular) is Community driven (with forced exclusions)

• Fringilla_Vigo
    56 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Spidee wrote: »
    I already stated quite clearly that, in opposition to the vast majority, I think it would be FUN to have these 28 characters EXCLUDED FOR EVERYBODY (I think many players take it as a personal cut off...)
    I get that everyone will have these toons banned. This is still not okay. We’ve worked hard to gear up the toons we have that are considered useful in every aspect of the game. Sure, in TW, my guild’s opponents will have the same toons banned as we will, but you have to consider the fact that newer players and some older F2P players may not even be able to participate in TW. Off the top if my head, I can think of 5 players in my guild, including me, who would be GP deadweight to the guild if this ban goes through. Sure, the other guild may be in the same boat. Or maybe the other guild will have a bunch of whales in it that will offset their losses, unlike my guild. This simply is not a good idea.

if it is just ONE - TIME event. If it were to be anyhow permanent - I agree -it is plainly stupid. But it isn't!
    Show me where the devs explicitly stated that this was a one-time only event that will bever be repeated. Hence the reason why we have to express our outrage.

1) Actually, that's reasonable complaint. Really. But I don't really mind playing my leftovers against somebody elses leftovers once... I don't think is that bad...

2) Here we go again... We are planning to roll out many new types of Territory Wars in the future, but for the next Territory War... That is in the original post. MANY TYPES (plural) in the FUTURE, NEXT (Singular) is Community driven (with forced exclusions)

What I see when I read your post
    1) I don't mind them negating all my time and effort in building characters I want to use.
    2) Many Types of TW where we will ban different charcters.

Ok, let's keep the wheel spinning:
    1) They don't negate ALL of your time and effort. They won't let you play it once. MANY TYPES (most probably) indicate some other options than EXCLUDING ONLY.

2) That is based on your assumption only, And, given the wording that they use, most probably it is a false assumption (again - MANY TYPES (most probably) indicate some other options than EXCLUDING ONLY.

• Options

1) I don't mind them negating all my time and effort in building characters I want to use.

1) They don't negate ALL of your time and effort. They won't let you play it once. MANY TYPES indicate some other options that EXCLUDING ONLY.

2) That is based on your assumption only, And, given the wording that they use, most probably it is a false assumption (again - MANY TYPES indicate some other options that EXCLUDING ONLY)

Until the dev's respond it is all assumptions.

That is quite correct. But my assumptions are literally based on their words. Which, at least I hope, they used consciously...

• Options
    After a few days thinking about this...it is still an awful idea. Don't remove toons for TW. Just don't do it. It's a bad idea, made even worse by revealing it out of nowhere and asking us to vote on which toons to remove -- while not knowing which toons the devlopers will ban. The idea was awful to begin with, and the lack of communication made it even worse. Please just drop it and leave our rosters alone for TW. If you want to make it fun then give characters or factions more bonuses. Don't restrict our rosters.
  • Apache75
    18 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb you pop in over the holiday break make an announcement that staff is out until the 7th. Then that date comes and goes and no comments from any CG staff. That really doesn't instill any confidence for your clients in this organization caring about what they think. Even a "hey community we are still actively taking your concerns into account and coming to a decision on how to move forward" would be appreciated. I manage a development team in a 4 billion dollar company and if I treated or clientele this way we'd be fired. COMMUNICATION!!! Expected and owed.
  • Options
    Apache75 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb you pop in over the holiday break make an announcement that staff is out until the 7th. Then that date comes and goes and no comments from any CG staff. That really doesn't instill any confidence for your clients in this organization caring about what they think. Even a "hey community we are still actively taking your concerns into account and coming to a decision on how to move forward" would be appreciated. I manage a development team in a 4 billion dollar company and if I treated or clientele this way we'd be fired. COMMUNICATION!!! Expected and owed.

Imagine your surprise if they pop up with the message "Hey community, we are still actively taking your concerns into account and coming to a decision on how to move forward" :)

• LoreleiPhoenix
    148 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Wow, I was just thinking the same thing...give us something...anything..."We are thinking about thinking on it and eventually making a decision on whether to have a meeting to decide on the ban".
    Right now your vow of silence is making things exponentially worse...you are pouring salt into our sucking chest wound.
    I feel like I have been sitting at a restaurant for 3 hours waiting for someone to give me a menu...I would be happy if the dishwasher would come out and say "we will be right with you."...
  • Options
    Here we go again... We are planning to roll out many new types of Territory Wars in the future, but for the next Territory War... That is in the original post. MANY TYPES (plural) in the FUTURE, NEXT (Singular) is Community driven (with forced exclusions)
    Hmm this wording still doesn’t exclude future TWs with toon bans in the future though.
    Apache75 wrote: »

Imagine your surprise if they pop up with the message "Hey community, we are still actively taking your concerns into account and coming to a decision on how to move forward" :)

This would be fine. Any type of communication would be good and would help erase my perception now that they’re just hiding their head in the sand and ignoring our concerns.
  • Shantaram
    31 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I feel like I have been sitting at a restaurant for 3 hours waiting for someone to give me a menu...I would be happy if the dishwasher would come out and say "we will be right with you."...

If you're expecting something as high up the food chain as the CG corporate equivalent of a dishwasher, I think you'll be very disappointed. If we're lucky, all we will get is some trite rubbish from the equivalent of the guy who empties the bins...and empties them badly all over the restaurant floor!

I do admire the optimism, though! lol
  • Fringilla_Vigo
    56 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hmm this wording still doesn’t exclude future TWs with toon bans in the future though.

Absolutely correct. But I think they used the words "Many types" in much broader sense than "different kind of exclusions". If that is the case, I would be angry as much as anybody else around :)
    But I'm not, and I'm willing to give them benefit of a doubt :-)

• Options
    Wonder if this goes through if EA will be flooded with support tickets? Not everyone that plays reads the forums and reddit.
  • Fringilla_Vigo
    56 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Grimstoned wrote: »
    Wonder if this goes through if EA will be flooded with support tickets? Not everyone that plays reads the forums and reddit.

And I wonder , if it gets through, how many players would change their mind after actually playing it...
    What would be more funny - how many would stay reluctant to admit that they had fun, because they shouted out to the World that this idea sucks already, before even trying it...
  • Gannon
    1630 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

Absolutely correct. But I think they used the words "Many types" in much broader sense than "different kind of exclusions". If that is the case, I would be angry as much as anybody else around :)
    But I'm not, and I'm willing to give them benefit of a doubt :-)

I'm not, I've seen enough of their actions to know to take everything they say with a grain of salt.
    They said they'd be back on the 7th after all.. Crickets.
    Anyway, point is that once they cross that line of restricting toons, it will come up again. Look at my earlier post regarding chewy/c3p0, for example. Once the bar has been set, exclusions and restrictions will likely start popping up everywhere. We don't want that to happen.
  • EgoSlayer
    140 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

1) They don't negate ALL of your time and effort. They won't let you play it once. MANY TYPES (most probably) indicate some other options than EXCLUDING ONLY.

2) That is based on your assumption only, And, given the wording that they use, most probably it is a false assumption (again - MANY TYPES (most probably) indicate some other options than EXCLUDING ONLY.

The assumption that exclusions are a one time thing are blindly optimistic. The more accurate assumption is that this type of event will be repeated with different parameters. It's a horrible misuse of your game programmers to build an environment and write code that then needs to be tested and QA'ed - for a one time thing. That's just a huge waste of time and money. Hundreds of man hours. There is no way that is happening.

More likely is that this is building a code framework for exclusions that is configurable for different types of exclusion lists so that the code and work is reusable. Next time ban "attackers", and so on. There is a 0% chance this was being coded for one time use.
  • Options
    Does anyone here think that they are simply not allowed to communicate certain things to us on a whim? That’s the only reason I see at the moment for not keeping up communication. Otherwise, why blatantly ignore us and post a puzzle instead to distract us? Maybe it’s the fact that they see the very minor positive comments and it makes them think that this idea is supported enough to not say anything
  • Options
    Grimstoned wrote: »

And I wonder , if it gets through, how many players would change their mind after actually playing it...
    What would be more funny - how many would stay reluctant to admit that they had fun, because they shouted out to the World that this idea sucks already, before even trying it...

I think this idea is complete kitten. I also thought GA 3 x 3 was as well, but I played that and doing so changed my opinion of it. (The zetas for winning first didn't hurt though).

28 toons... think about the investment that negates. It isn't just 28 toons, it is all the synergy with the faction they are ripped from as well. Phoenix with no Hera is not even an option (not that it is with Hera at higher levels - see Wampa). Sith with no Traya, EP, DN or Sion? Just go ahead and say no Sith at all. That shiny new Chewie you just got to G12? Forget about it. This is worse than Revan in a platoon.

We don't invest in toons for specific game modes, like TW to be exact, hoping to see our investments made moot.

Will I participate? Of course; my guild wants to win every TW and we want the top rewards. Will I vote? That's a hard negative.
This discussion has been closed.