Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• EgoSlayer wrote: »

What I see when I read your post
    1) I don't mind them negating all my time and effort in building characters I want to use.
    2) Many Types of TW where we will ban different charcters.

Ok, let's keep the wheel spinning:
    1) They don't negate ALL of your time and effort. They won't let you play it once. MANY TYPES (most probably) indicate some other options than EXCLUDING ONLY.

2) That is based on your assumption only, And, given the wording that they use, most probably it is a false assumption (again - MANY TYPES (most probably) indicate some other options than EXCLUDING ONLY.

The assumption that exclusions are a one time thing are blindly optimistic. The more accurate assumption is that this type of event will be repeated with different parameters. It's a horrible misuse of your game programmers to built an environment and write code that then needs to be tested and QA'ed - for a one time thing. That's just a huge waste of time and money.

There is no way that is happening. More likely is that this is building a code framework for exclusions that is configurable for different types of exclusion lists so that the code and work is reusable. Next time ban "attackers", and so on. There is a 0% chance this was being coded for one time use.

That makes perfect sense to me. But it would be even bigger waste, if they decide to abandon this idea completely based on the community feedback, if we follow that reasoning.
  • Also, what are the odds that this is bugged to all get out and toons that are not supposed to be off limits wind up being just that (or some other ridiculous bug because they refuse to test)?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Grimstoned wrote: »
    Wonder if this goes through if EA will be flooded with support tickets? Not everyone that plays reads the forums and reddit.

This as well. Unless the poll is posted in-game, along with several announcements leading up to the next TW, Answers HQ, support and the forums will be flooded with people wondering why they can't deploy/use certain (banned) characters.

Given CG/EA's history of communication, this isn't looking good.

Anyone else feel like a kid on July 4th, just waiting for the fireworks to start? :popcorn:

Actually, it's more like a kid who watches car races hoping to see a good crash.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Well, we have multiple guild members saying they won't participate in TW because of this. No matter what, they are losing integral parts of their roster that they've spent time on. Sure, others are in the same boat but that doesn't make it right. Thanks CG...not. It is not fun and exciting to remove parts of our roster. It is fun and exciting to buff underutilized parts of our roster.

If you're looking for other ways to tick off the community, you could do something similar with squad arena too. You could have the community vote and inevitably have Traya and Revan banned for a week in squad arena and see what happens.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Infidelius wrote: »
    Does anyone here think that they are simply not allowed to communicate certain things to us on a whim? That’s the only reason I see at the moment for not keeping up communication. Otherwise, why blatantly ignore us and post a puzzle instead to distract us? Maybe it’s the fact that they see the very minor positive comments and it makes them think that this idea is supported enough to not say anything

I was a production manager for years in media, it's a safe bet they're being told not to respond until they decide on a proper course of action. That said, it would've been someone's job to acknowledge the community, and let us know they're working on a solution or even just still digging through all feedback.
  • EgoSlayer wrote: »

What I see when I read your post
    1) I don't mind them negating all my time and effort in building characters I want to use.
    2) Many Types of TW where we will ban different charcters.

Ok, let's keep the wheel spinning:
    1) They don't negate ALL of your time and effort. They won't let you play it once. MANY TYPES (most probably) indicate some other options than EXCLUDING ONLY.

2) That is based on your assumption only, And, given the wording that they use, most probably it is a false assumption (again - MANY TYPES (most probably) indicate some other options than EXCLUDING ONLY.

The assumption that exclusions are a one time thing are blindly optimistic. The more accurate assumption is that this type of event will be repeated with different parameters. It's a horrible misuse of your game programmers to built an environment and write code that then needs to be tested and QA'ed - for a one time thing. That's just a huge waste of time and money.

There is no way that is happening. More likely is that this is building a code framework for exclusions that is configurable for different types of exclusion lists so that the code and work is reusable. Next time ban "attackers", and so on. There is a 0% chance this was being coded for one time use.

That makes perfect sense to me. But it would be even bigger waste, if they decide to abandon this idea completely based on the community feedback, if we follow that reasoning.

Considering the amount of P2P players furious about this decision and threatening to stop spending money on this game if this goes through...seems they can’t afford to not listen to community feedback.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »
    Does anyone here think that they are simply not allowed to communicate certain things to us on a whim? That’s the only reason I see at the moment for not keeping up communication. Otherwise, why blatantly ignore us and post a puzzle instead to distract us? Maybe it’s the fact that they see the very minor positive comments and it makes them think that this idea is supported enough to not say anything

I was a production manager for years in media, it's a safe bet they're being told not to respond until they decide on a proper course of action. That said, it would've been someone's job to acknowledge the community, and let us know they're working on a solution or even just still digging through all feedback.

But they did that. Crumb said “we are going to address this when we get back.” It’s reasonable to assume that it will take some time for the people in authority to consider the thousands of posts and reach a decision.

Why do you require an update every day that they are still digging through and considering?
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

But they did that. Crumb said “we are going to address this when we get back.” It’s reasonable to assume that it will take some time for the people in authority to consider the thousands of posts and reach a decision.

Why do you require an update every day that they are still digging through and considering?

Never saw it, where was it hidden this time?
    I'm not asking for updates every day, that's ridiculous, but if they're going to announce something like that, it should definitely be somewhere easy to find..
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Apache75 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb you pop in over the holiday break make an announcement that staff is out until the 7th. Then that date comes and goes and no comments from any CG staff. That really doesn't instill any confidence for your clients in this organization caring about what they think. Even a "hey community we are still actively taking your concerns into account and coming to a decision on how to move forward" would be appreciated. I manage a development team in a 4 billion dollar company and if I treated or clientele this way we'd be fired. COMMUNICATION!!! Expected and owed.

Imagine your surprise if they pop up with the message "Hey community, we are still actively taking your concerns into account and coming to a decision on how to move forward" :)

They are responding, see all the low post count replies. Burner accounts. The restrictions will happen. Makes no difference how much we complain.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

I'm not asking for updates every day, that's ridiculous, but if they're going to announce something like that, it should definitely be somewhere easy to find..

I believe it’s buried somewhere in this thread. I can’t figure out how to find the dev posts on my phone the way I can on the computer. He also mentioned it in the puzzle thread.
  • Liath wrote: »

I believe it’s buried somewhere in this thread. I can’t figure out how to find the dev posts on my phone the way I can on the computer. He also mentioned it in the puzzle thread.

Is this the announcement from several days ago that they would respond on the 7th?
    Remind me what today is. Oops.
  • Apache75 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb you pop in over the holiday break make an announcement that staff is out until the 7th. Then that date comes and goes and no comments from any CG staff. That really doesn't instill any confidence for your clients in this organization caring about what they think. Even a "hey community we are still actively taking your concerns into account and coming to a decision on how to move forward" would be appreciated. I manage a development team in a 4 billion dollar company and if I treated or clientele this way we'd be fired. COMMUNICATION!!! Expected and owed.

Imagine your surprise if they pop up with the message "Hey community, we are still actively taking your concerns into account and coming to a decision on how to move forward" :)

They are responding, see all the low post count replies. Burner accounts. The restrictions will happen. Makes no difference how much we complain.

Oh nooooooo! Take that back, say you are not right...but alas, that sounds possible...
    What a crumby situation!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Comet19 wrote: »

Is this the announcement from several days ago that they would respond on the 7th?

Again I don’t have it in front of me but I believe what he said is that they would address it when they get back, and that they wouldn’t be back until the 7th. As I said, it’s reasonable to assume it’s going to take more than a day for them to sift through all these posts and internally evaluate the issue and reach a decision on what to do.

Oh nooooooo! Take that back, say you are not right...but alas, that sounds possible...
    What a crumby situation!

Ever notice the really positive replies are from low post accounts?
  • Liath wrote: »

Again I don’t have it in front of me but I believe what he said is that they would address it when they get back, and that they wouldn’t be back until the 7th. As I said, it’s reasonable to assume it’s going to take more than a day for them to sift through all these posts and internally evaluate the issue and reach a decision on what to do.

Including a specific date in his reply certainly implies that they would respond on that date. Whether the post was cleverly worded to imply that without actually saying it or not is irrelevant.

And as mentioned, if they returned and found that the commitment to respond by Jan. 7 was no achievable, then a note to that effect would have gone a long way towards managing our expectations.
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    6q21isgwoba0.jpeg
    :D

ifpuuvzskcxd.png
    I second the idea of banning reinforcements, player's choice.

What a crumby situation!

LOL I figured. I know I shouldn’t engage but alas, it’s entertaining.
  • Gannon wrote: »

But they

It was in the puzzle thread.

What a crumby situation!

Cute
  • I don't really post much on these forums. But +1 against this. Please.
  • I’ve had awhile to cool down, and I still hate this idea. The only way I can make my disproval matter to them is to stop spending. I love this game, and I have always found it worthwhile to buy some crystals each week, which I still may. Now... I had never gotten a heroes journey character on the first time around before. Not until Revan. It cost me a couple hundred dollars, too. Surprisingly, I had always felt it was worth it. Until now. i’m assuming he gets banned from this TW. A lot of people don’t have him, and he IS hard for a lot of people to beat. So, most people will vote for his banning. It makes sense to them. I just don’t see how it makes sense to CG? Invalidating our expenditures isn’t likely to make us want to spend more. It definitely makes me regret the money i’ve spent, and this is the first time i’ve felt this way. Shame on you, CG.
  • Ever notice the really positive replies are from low post accounts?
    Did you also notice that a lot of negative replies are from low post accounts, specifically ones created to respond to this topic?

In my opinion, when you engage in baseless conspiracy mongering, you discredit the weight of the arguments against this proposal.

• Definitely not spending hundreds on a character again. If people have a hard time beating them, they’ll end up banned. First in TW, next in other areas.
  • Mef1428 wrote: »
    Did you also notice that a lot of negative replies are from low post accounts, specifically ones created to respond to this topic?

In my opinion, when you engage in baseless conspiracy mongering, you discredit the weight of the arguments against this proposal.

Conspiracy theories can definitely be a turn off to those who might otherwise agree. That doesn’t mean he’s wrong, though.
  • Comet19 wrote: »

What a crumby situation!

Yup, entertaining is the word.
  • Mef1428 wrote: »

...or it shows how many people dislike this idea enough to create a new forum account. Like me.
    On the other hand, most of the low-post count positive accounts have seemed to be uninterested in countering legitimate concerns about this move, and some have seemed mostly interested in trying to start fights. Which is when I disengage.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

What a crumby situation!

Yup, entertaining is the word.

I agree. It's funny watching people get so worked up over things like this. Probably why CG does it. Y'all only have yourselves to blame!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Stud3099 wrote: »
    Well, we have multiple guild members saying they won't participate in TW because of this. No matter what, they are losing integral parts of their roster that they've spent time on. Sure, others are in the same boat but that doesn't make it right. Thanks CG...not. It is not fun and exciting to remove parts of our roster. It is fun and exciting to buff underutilized parts of our roster.

If you're looking for other ways to tick off the community, you could do something similar with squad arena too. You could have the community vote and inevitably have Traya and Revan banned for a week in squad arena and see what happens.

No, no, no, you can’t say kittens like this or they’ll actually do it. They’ve already proven they don’t/can’t/won’t listen to us, and you just have them another terrible idea!
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Mef1428 wrote: »

...or it shows how many people dislike this idea enough to create a new forum account. Like me.
    On the other hand, most of the low-post count positive accounts have seemed to be uninterested in countering legitimate concerns about this move, and some have seemed mostly interested in trying to start fights. Which is when I disengage.

This 👍
  • @Comet19 they never said they'd respond on the 7th.

Here's what was actually in Crumb's comment:
    ltwmilgnve94.png

Taken from this thread, on page three (I think, hope the link works) https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/191761/territory-wars-community-style-mega/p37
This discussion has been closed.