My Thoughts on the Falcon Legendary

Prev13
I have a feeling that the Falcon will require Empire ships to unlock. I say Empire and not Bounty Hunters because the Falcon was constantly on the run from the Empire in the original trilogy. I feel it would make a lot of sense if they did because the Empire has capital ships unlike the Bounty Hunters.

Replies

• Who ended up capturing Solo? I don't recall that being the Empire
  • Rogue613 wrote: »
    Who ended up capturing Solo? I don't recall that being the Empire

Boba tracked him down, Lando betrayed him and emp ambush.
  • Where's Dr. Cox when you need him?
  • I think it will be scoundrels to initiate a pay cycle as folks get Xanadu blood and ig-2000 leveled up.

But here is my thing - why pay to unlock this ship? All we have with ships is fleet arena with weaker rewards compared to squad arena, fleet nodes that everyone had completed, and a few minor uses in tw, ga, and tb.

There is t enough incentive to pay to unlock a new ship. Barring an unforeseen development, I won’t be in any panic to unlock even at 5*. I need more incentive to do so in game.

Really?? Cause as I recall Boba Fett was there, but it was the Empire who actually captured him. Darth Vader Force grabs Hans gun at the dinner scene, and then storm troopers surround them. I could be mistaken and maybe the storm troopers are actually Boba Fett's crew, but I doubt it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxdLYWnSzpI
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Megamatch wrote: »
    Rogue613 wrote: »

It wasn’t a betrayal. Lando’s game actually outsmarted both Vader and Boba, and ultimately the entire Empire in the end, saving not only the good guys, but the entire galaxy from being over taken by the bad guys. A calculated gamble, sure, but by one of the most cunning scoundrels in the land. Lando doesn’t get the credit he deserves.

It’s about time for an OG Lando rework. Maybe his basic’s Omega will be worth at least +10% CC. :p
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Ugnaught
    481 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Until we get some type of upgradable gear for ships they will always be the second class mode.
    I just don't care about farming ships.
  • Cargo ships. That’s my guess.
  • Ugnaught wrote: »
    Until we get some type of upgradable gear for ships they will always be the second class mode.

And that’s why your toon game will always lag. Ships brings zetas. Zetas bring da pain. Ships make or break TW and GA.

Do the math of how many additional zetas you’ve lost out on for the last 1.5 years. I help instruct gamers with 3.x M GP accounts that smoke 4.x accounts, and it’s all because of their ship game.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Anyone that thinks it’ll be requiring empire ships is just wishful thinking. Xanadu and ig2000 is where the money is at.
  • In that crossword, they listed a bunch of ships besides the falcon. I doubt that it really has anything to do with unlock requirements, since they were all over the place. The thing I DO find interesting is that they listed Y wing and B wing. a Y wing is also shown on the title screen, now. Two new rebel ships inbound?
  • I think it will be scoundrels to initiate a pay cycle as folks get Xanadu blood and ig-2000 leveled up.

But here is my thing - why pay to unlock this ship? All we have with ships is fleet arena with weaker rewards compared to squad arena, fleet nodes that everyone had completed, and a few minor uses in tw, ga, and tb.

There is t enough incentive to pay to unlock a new ship. Barring an unforeseen development, I won’t be in any panic to unlock even at 5*. I need more incentive to do so in game.

You aren't wrong, BUT 400 daily crystals from ships, should be a pretty big incentive. Like it or not, for the 99% that is about 50% of your daily crystals.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I think it will be scoundrels to initiate a pay cycle as folks get Xanadu blood and ig-2000 leveled up.

You aren't wrong, BUT 400 daily crystals from ships, should be a pretty big incentive. Like it or not, for the 99% that is about 50% of your daily crystals.

Higher than that I'd wager. Arena is way more competitive.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

giphy.gif

• You aren't wrong, BUT 400 daily crystals from ships, should be a pretty big incentive. Like it or not, for the 99% that is about 50% of your daily crystals.

50%? Unless you're crushing in squad too it's likely your single biggest source of crystals. By a lot. 400, I mean.

Even 11-20 in squad is only 200. Dailies net you less than that.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/

giphy.gif

He was wrong so I am not sure why you posted that.
  • JediKnight_MarkRyan
    749 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I can give you 144,000 reasons to care about ships (& the new Falcon).

I get 400 crystals from ships every day... 400 x 30 = 12,000 crystals a month. 12k x 12 months That makes 144,000 crystals a year. There’s a reason top competitors care about ships. That doesn’t even count Zeta Mats. I’m F2P and Ships fuel everything I do. 1st in fleet arena is pretty easy because it is much less competitive.

And when you get first in it every day... it becomes your favorite game mode. I like ships more than squad arena & just about anything else in the game.
  • We also need E6 Lando Falcon, E8 JTR/Chewie Falcon and E9 Falcon, because having only three falcons doesn't exactly falcon it.
  • Megamatch wrote: »
    Rogue613 wrote: »

It wasn’t a betrayal. Lando’s game actually outsmarted both Vader and Boba, and ultimately the entire Empire in the end, saving not only the good guys, but the entire galaxy from being over taken by the bad guys. A calculated gamble, sure, but by one of the most cunning scoundrels in the land. Lando doesn’t get the credit he deserves.

It’s about time for an OG Lando rework. Maybe his basic’s Omega will be worth at least +10% CC. :p

Actually it was a betrayal until Vader decided to change the deal and leave troops stationed in cloud City. Sure lando had a backup plan that he initiated at that point, but it definitely started as betrayal, or rather revenge. Definitely revenge if you count the solo movie as valid, which also means Han was really really desperate, suicidal or at least insanely stupid about people. I never really understood how anyone could forgive him after that, he basically came out and said he only helped free Han because he expected a reward and he only flew the falcon in that battle as a means of revenge against the empire for taking cloud City. In later books ( aware they are not Canon anymore) he goes back to revenge again and again.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    I am hoping that it is Tie Fighter and Slave I as the two required ships with the rest being BH required. Those are the only two ships that make sense from a lore perspective and making the event tough enough that you need 3 extra BH ships to entice people to spend money on them.
  • A combination of BH and Empire would make sense. I still won't get it first time round but that would be nice for the event I think
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Ugnaught wrote: »

I've never really understood the "I h8 ships" crowd. The complaints are always incredibly vague ("it's just not fun" or something similar) which makes it seem like people are just salty that they have a hard time competing in fleet arena.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Shaun
    37 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Ugnaught wrote: »

I've never really understood the "I h8 ships" crowd. The complaints are always incredibly vague ("it's just not fun" or something similar) which makes it seem like people are just salty that they have a hard time competing in fleet arena.

These are the same people who complain about hounds tooth. Even though it can be downed in under a minute with advanced and or tie. Ive been playing for just under a year and ships are my crystal income. 400 a day is incredicble. As a result ive yet to be even challenged in grand arena due to my zeta advantage. Ships put me so far ahead of these inflated gp nubs. Ships also keep me free to play. I just love ships.
  • Crumb's last message said stay tuned for "who" you will need, not "what" you will need... any chance it's characters & not ships? If so who?
  • Sorry... just saw the post above
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Who doesn't count the Solo movie as valid?

And I'm fairly certain the end of Solo was the last Han-Lando interaction until Empire Strikes Back

And Lando since Disney appears to be a lot nicer than the Lando you just described. When I read Last Shot Lando was much more of a hero-type. While being mixed with a scoundrel of course. Revenge rarely if ever mentioned, and certainly not against Han (other than, like, punching him in the face, blaming him for current bad events off of actions 10 years ago and demanding he helps Lando on a recuse mission. Not nice, but certainly not revenge)
  • BH's only have 3 ships and Empire only has 4. Just looking at the numbers and the fact that we have 2 BH ships behind the proverbial pay wall, I'm betting scoundrels will be needed. That gives a total of 5 ships and incentive for the P2W crowd to pony up.

Or to go down an entirely different road, maybe toons are required for part or all of the event?
    Stay tuned to the official forums for more news on who you will need to unlock Han’s Millennium Falcon and the start date for this exciting Legendary event!

This may or may not have been an intentional clue. I read who as indicating a character vs what indicating a ship.

No BH ships are behind a paywall - the only ship you can't farm is Anakin's starfighter. XB has been farmable for some time, and IG has been for a bit too.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • you cant activate a ship without the required pilots so han and chewbacca might be two of the requirements.