Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Here's the post that was asked about (in this thread btw):

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1739515/#Comment_1739515
    Hi folks,
    Thanks for all the feedback, this is something we intended to be a fun change of pace for TW and we will review all of your responses. Capital Games is on holiday until January 7th, but we will catch up and review the feedback on TW/GA plus talk about the Road Ahead in the following weeks.

Note "in the following weeks." Never said it would be addressed on the 7th. Doesn't even say it will be addressed at all, just reviewed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • While i prefer good buffs for factions that present us more options in tw vs OP buffs that create a need basically, i'm still looking forward to this TW test with restrictions. I simply don't agree with argument about losing "my investment" So what. Tw is so fun because we bang our heads against the same walls of toons every time? This Tw may prove out to be terrible and i'll gladly give my feedback if it is but to lose my head before even giving it a chance? LOL I seem to recall the sky was falling with 3v3 GA as well. Not everyone liked that but i know that many who were skeptical did enjoy it. For almost everyone who enjoys TW, it's the strategy and guild experience that contributes to that-changing these parameters does not diminish that whatsoever. IMO, it enhances them though i empathize with those who don't want restrictions similar to TB platoons. A 50+ page thread on something that hasn't even happened yet is hilarious
  • @Comet19 they never said they'd respond on the 7th.

Here's what was actually in Crumb's comment:
    ltwmilgnve94.png

Taken from this thread, on page three (I think, hope the link works) https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/191761/territory-wars-community-style-mega/p37

Thanks. I had saved it in my computer and was able to pull it up a bit ago.
    Here's the thing though. They had all day to start sifting through the complaints. What were they doing yesterday in the office? No one knows. What we did get though was the announcement for the Millenium Falcon late in the day. Frankly, this comes off as tone-deaf, seeing as how they couldn't take the time to also make a statement here along the lines of "We are still evaluating feedback about TW. We'll make a formal announcemant before ___ date."
  • Comment on what? Player's complaints about something they haven't even played? I'd be shocked and disappointed if they bothered prior to the event. The inmates don't run the asylum.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Not from a lack of trying lol.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Apache75 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb you pop in over the holiday break make an announcement that staff is out until the 7th. Then that date comes and goes and no comments from any CG staff. That really doesn't instill any confidence for your clients in this organization caring about what they think. Even a "hey community we are still actively taking your concerns into account and coming to a decision on how to move forward" would be appreciated. I manage a development team in a 4 billion dollar company and if I treated or clientele this way we'd be fired. COMMUNICATION!!! Expected and owed.

Imagine your surprise if they pop up with the message "Hey community, we are still actively taking your concerns into account and coming to a decision on how to move forward" :)

They are responding, see all the low post count replies. Burner accounts. The restrictions will happen. Makes no difference how much we complain.

Oh nooooooo! Take that back, say you are not right...but alas, that sounds possible...
    What a crumby situation!

Ever notice the really positive replies are from low post accounts?

LOL I figured. I know I shouldn’t engage but alas, it’s entertaining.

Yup, entertaining is the word.

I agree. It's funny watching people get so worked up over things like this. Probably why CG does it. Y'all only have yourselves to blame!

It's long past time they can "not" do this. They have the architecture in place, it's been approved. They aren't asking for permission, they want input on who to block. The ONLY vote to be cast now that can stop it is if it falls flat on it's face.
  • chrischaos wrote: »
    Comment on what? Player's complaints about something they haven't even played? I'd be shocked and disappointed if they bothered prior to the event. The inmates don't run the asylum.
    TVF wrote: »
    Not from a lack of trying lol.

Ever heard of the customer is always right?
    Maybe this doesn't apply to F2P, but enough P2W players are mad enough about this. And they pay the dev's salaries.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Yeah I've heard it. And it's misused all the time.
    Comment on what? Player's complaints about something they haven't even played? I'd be shocked and disappointed if they bothered prior to the event. The inmates don't run the asylum.

Yes, could you imagine what would ensue if a business paid attention to what their customers wanted and tried to deliver it?

Anarchy, I’m sure. This can never be allowed to happen!
  • Pretty sure CG has an amazing handle on what their paying customer base has to say on all things game related. And if that base overwhelmingly stated TW restrictions were bad, AFTER the test, i'm sure they would modify going forward. No business owner spends time and money developing or creating something and then scraps it simply due to some customer fears lol. I find it cute when peeps think because they bought a vault in 2017 they should have the right to shape the game
    Pretty sure CG has an amazing handle on what their paying customer base has to say on all things game related. And if that base overwhelmingly stated TW restrictions were bad, AFTER the test, i'm sure they would modify going forward. No business owner spends time and money developing or creating something and then scraps it simply due to some customer fears lol. I find it cute when peeps think because they bought a vault in 2017 they should have the right to shape the game

Have you even heard of EA? You just described their business model. They ignore the players, and do as they please. They themselves have said that perhaps buying labels and running them into the ground isn't a good idea... LOL
  • Every time I see the word players I replace it with customers in my head, because that is what we all really are. Customers. Clients. Yet we constantly see things like this, where the community is outraged over something, and it goes without response from the devs. See the HSR post for exhibit A through exhibit Y.
  • It certainly does, doesn't it?
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    In reality the customer is most often wrong
  • LOL! because i offer a respectful differing opinion then make the small passive aggressive comment in rebuttal of an attack. Yes, guilty as charged.
  • A different show but..."Resistance is futile".
    The silence is lulling me into apathetic compliance...
    No! I "will not go quietly into the night!"...
  • Ultra wrote: »

True, but if you're working in a clothing store, helping a customer pick out clothes they like, you wouldn't take the clothes they said they liked out of their hands and tell them they couldn't try them on.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Using analogies to prove your point is exactly like driving an oven with a tree stump.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

True, but if you're working in a clothing store, helping a customer pick out clothes they like, you wouldn't take the clothes they said they liked out of their hands and tell them they couldn't try them on.
    I would if they insist on opening the packed underwear box and trying it on before deciding if they want to purchase it
    Using analogies to prove your point is exactly like driving an oven with a tree stump.

Following that logic, "Why is a Raven like a writing desk?"
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

I would if they insist on opening the packed underwear box and trying it on before deciding if they want to purchase it

But in this place, no one ever tries on anything before complaining. Underwear example aside.

But in this place, no one ever tries on anything before complaining. Underwear example aside.

Verbal PVP, at least it's real time, no Player vs AI. lol
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator

In this place people complain of you stopped selling sweaters in the summer because they like sweaters and it makes no sense to stop selling something people want just because seasons changed

Yes, but I am trying to stay light and resist going dark on this subject. Many pages ago I posted a couple detailed replies from the heart to this ban idea and how it would affect me and my guild without analogies.
    At this point of the thread I feel a bit empty.
    I think the analogies are keeping me from completing losing it...
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member

Fives never tried out order 66, but he knew it was a bad idea...

Haha, I'm kind of starting to be done with replying to people though. Every time I talk to *certain users*, they get super combative.
    Guess some people can't take others disagreeing with them.
  • Comet19 wrote: »

Haha, I'm kind of starting to be done with replying to people though. Every time I talk to *certain users*, they get super combative.
    Guess some people can't take others disagreeing with them.

I have been around message boards since before VBulletin existed, in fact I was around when it's creator modified a CGI/Perl board and added a sql backend (not present just in the know. I have helped design and modify them (message boards) since that time). And they never cease to amaze me, they are like a petri dish, add stimulus and step back and watch the results. But never, ever take it personally. Trolls failing to anger others implode. It's fun to watch actually.

If McDonalds announced that they were switching to dog meat, I wouldn’t need to try a Quarter Poodle before deciding it wasn’t for me.

Sometimes a bad idea is clearly bad before it’s put into place.

I understand your point - but for many of us, TW was a game mode that was great the way it was. Any significant changes are unwelcome.
    And even more unwelcome (IMO) is instability of the game mode. We like to strategize, and plan, and prepare for TW and our track record shows that. It’s a big part of the fun that this game provides for us. And this character ban, along with whatever unspoken changes they are cooking up, totally change the landscape.
    We have built up a lot of teams for TW specifically. (BH and Scoundrels most recently). These aren’t teams that we use anywhere else in the game, but we gladly built them to use in TW. Building, testing and tweaking these teams in tw is what makes the game mode fun for us. Now we are seeing that nothing is safe.
    I do understand that this character ban is for 1 TW only, but it’s the first of many changes that they have planned for the game mode. That’s very unsettling.

The reason so many people are saying that buffs are better is because the buffs at least last for awhile (historically). That means that you can take the time to plan out a team that takes advantage of that buff, build it and use it. A change every single TW doesn’t allow for that so it takes a lot of the strategy away from us.
This discussion has been closed.