TB prompt to join

I have had quite a few things happen in my life recently. I cannot constantly be checking for weekly or recurring events. When I log into the game to get my daily 600 or do my daily content, if I do not get a prompt for TB starting, why am I expected to go and find out if there is a TB?? Why has this not been fixed already? I have been playing for 3 years. Please fix this. When TB is available Prompt us.

Dev response please.

Replies

• The guild event icon in the upper right and the chat message in all caps when each phase starts isn’t enough?
  • The prompt you are looking for is the icon on the right hand side of the screen, and your guild would be the other prompt .

But if you are too busy to check or play, that sounds like there is other things to sort out
  • There was no guild event icon Camaro, That's the point. Do you think I would have posted if it was there?
  • Why do I think you are talking about TW, NOT TB,
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    There was no guild event icon Camaro, That's the point. Do you think I would have posted if it was there?

There is for the Territory BATTLE, which is what you said. I believe there is even one for Territory WAR, which is what you probably are referring to. The reason you haven't gotten a prompt for it is that there hasn't been one for the last month.
  • Definitely one there just now. And it was there for phase one for me too. You don't need to join a TB, you can go in whenever.
    559rg50hs6aj.jpg
  • Cmon guys really? It says Guild event, gives a cooldown and you can then access TB. I know how to play the game. What I am saying is that was not there all day yesterday into today. Therefore how am I supposed to know to do my missions etc. Sometimes life takes priority and you login to get ure dailies and such.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    There is an in-game announcement at each phase change in the chat. If you have notifications on, there is one that pops up saying a TB has started. I don’t know what more you want.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Cmon guys really? It says Guild event, gives a cooldown and you can then access TB. I know how to play the game. What I am saying is that was not there all day yesterday into today. Therefore how am I supposed to know to do my missions etc. Sometimes life takes priority and you login to get ure dailies and such.

It was there all day yesterday. This is day 2. You missed it.

Also there's a calendar here that shows the dates (granted there should be one later in the month that isn't shown yet).
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I have had quite a few things happen in my life recently. I cannot constantly be checking for weekly or recurring events. When I log into the game to get my daily 600 or do my daily content, if I do not get a prompt for TB starting, why am I expected to go and find out if there is a TB?? Why has this not been fixed already? I have been playing for 3 years. Please fix this. When TB is available Prompt us.

Dev response please.
    I'm more concerned that none of the officers in your guild informed anyone that TB is live. They should be on top of things making sure everyone is doing their TB
  • So, on top of the button I've screenshoted (the countdown is til the end of phase two in that image), and the message in guild chat, you would like a countdown timer saying "24 hours until a TB starts"?

I'm pretty sure I got a push notification when phase one started too.
  • Cmon guys really? It says Guild event, gives a cooldown and you can then access TB. I know how to play the game. What I am saying is that was not there all day yesterday into today. Therefore how am I supposed to know to do my missions etc. Sometimes life takes priority and you login to get ure dailies and such.

Sounds like you don’t know how to play. There is no cool down on a TB, the timer is the time left in the current phase. . . ..
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Cmon guys really? It says Guild event, gives a cooldown and you can then access TB. I know how to play the game. What I am saying is that was not there all day yesterday into today. Therefore how am I supposed to know to do my missions etc. Sometimes life takes priority and you login to get ure dailies and such.

Pics or it didn't happen
  • Sigh. My guild officers did try to alert me. I was not on Discord. As I said life is very busy. I was on and off several times yesterday. No icon. I don't understand how now I am lying. This is not the first time this has happened and no I dont need to "Join" but I do need to know that its live.
  • RhuneSteihl
    71 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I should know better by now than to ever post here. Thank you for the flames.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Flames aside, I think the other posters are trying to say that there are already several forms of notification in-game. In-game icon (doesn't always show up), Notification in guild chat (can get pushed off screen), push notification on your device (can be suppressed), or manually navigating to the TB.

What additional reasonable things do you think would be helpful? An in-game email?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I should know better by now than to ever post here. Thank you for the flames.
    You are being unreasonable. You want the developers to drop everything and fix something that was an oversight on your part
  • What I am saying, is that I logged in. No in game icon. No chat messages. No awareness. That's it. This is not the first time this has happened. I will go away now and you all can go shame someone else for bringing up a broken feature.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    What I am saying, is that I logged in. No in game icon. No chat messages. No awareness. That's it. This is not the first time this has happened. I will go away now and you all can go shame someone else for bringing up a broken feature.
    Can you post a screenshot of lack of in-game icon that @ChristophIV posted? If not, then its not a broken feature

Don't blame the game for lack of chat messages, your guild opted to chat via discord instead of notifying players in both places
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Asking your officers to announce them in the chat banner is probably the best option. I too have not noticed until I do my raid attacks and see it active there. Sometimes the gold announcement in the chat is quickly lost due to upgrades and promotions.
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    What I am saying, is that I logged in. No in game icon. No chat messages. No awareness. That's it. This is not the first time this has happened. I will go away now and you all can go shame someone else for bringing up a broken feature.

In general try a simple deinstallation and full installation afterwards, with stable wifi connection for downloading the content. It sometimes happenz, that some mini features of the game, e.g. chat not working, game crashes after starting a certain content, etc. Sometimes just a corrupted file is causing the error and this is solved by a fll reinstallation.
    If this is not working write a post in the bugs forum

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-bug-report-en

and attach a picture with the missing icon.

Not always is it a user error, sometimes the game is not wai on some mobiles.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Sigh. My guild officers did try to alert me. I was not on Discord. As I said life is very busy. I was on and off several times yesterday. No icon. I don't understand how now I am lying. This is not the first time this has happened and no I dont need to "Join" but I do need to know that its live.

Simple solution: if it happens again, take a screenshot and then come back. Until then... well, everybody will just go on assuming you're mistaken and too proud to admit it.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    I don't understand how now I am lying.

That's what happens when you make accusations without evidence and then get mad at people trying to help.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Ephran wrote: »
    I don't understand how now I am lying.

That's what happens when you make accusations without evidence and then get mad at people trying to help.

^ Yup
  • I’ve found that the icon does not appear if you are in game whilst the TB launches at 6pm UTC.

Next time the app restarts it’s there.

But surely officers should be using the orders function? For instance, when platoons are filled and combats Open. That way all players need to actively dismiss an inbox message, which is yet another layer of notification.
  • It was missing for me until I went into the guild page and then entered the guild event section. After that it appeared on my main screen. I went looking for it after I got a message in discord about it starting.