Something is wrong with this event.

There is very obviously something wrong with this event. Below is a picture of a guildmate of mine who got Chewie 7* (happy for him, this is just an example).a7oxozvg5o0c.jpg
As you can see he has two G11, one G10, and two G9. Apparently it took him a few tries, but the point is he got it within a few days.
Now we see my bounty hunters.9y3rhvsxlqh2.jpg
Three G12, two G11, and two zeta abilities. Comparatively, my bounty hunters are undeniably stronger. In any fight or event involving bounty hunters, my squad can be set on auto without any worries, even the final tiers. I should not have much trouble with this much power! But this is not the case. I have tried hundreds of times over the past week and a half to no success. I have tried all sorts of mod combinations, but nothing seems to work. I don't know what CG was thinking when they made this event, but they have spectacularly failed.
I spent money, close to 100$ (which is a lot for most people), just to get enough gear to get another 2 BH up to G12. I put all my resources, all my time, into getting my BH to where they are now. And what are the results? Sweet, sweet nothing. Instead of getting the character required to make my Rebel arena squad even better, all I did was line the pockets of CG to recieve..... absolutely nothing.
Does anyone else find this absolutely enraging? You need either one specific bounty hunter in a mediocre team, which ironically is more like the old legendary events, or you need five G12 with multiple zetas and a lot of luck.

Oh right, lets not forget the terrible quality of this wretched event. CG must really not care if they cant even be bothered to fix this.8csw1pg2dcp3.jpg

Replies

• First of all, you are using 88, that’s a horrible choice , pretty much ensures you will fail every attempt.

Secondly, bane is a much better option,

Thirdly, it is doable without dengar,
  • First of all, you are using 88, that’s a horrible choice , pretty much ensures you will fail every attempt.

I'm not using IG88, I know he's terrible. It's hard to see, but that is actually Cad Bane stunned on the right.
  • Oh, sorry, small screen quick look, thought I saw 88s litttle stick figure ,
  • This isn't the first time around for this event, I'm curious why you would not invest in Dengar since you even point out your Guild mate completed with a G9 Dengar?

Yes it "should" be possible with any combination of 5 good BH's but it's been known to make this event much, much easier to complete by negating R2's stealth based on Dengar's unique ability.
  • No worries, even knowing who it's supposed to be i can't see who it is. That's partly why I'm pointing that out, I suppose.
    I do also know it's possible without Dengar, my problem is the difficulty difference. It's a very unbalanced fight if one character out of a small group can swing the fight in such a way. Think of it this way; Say the event for R2 was as difficult as this Chewie event. You needed 3-5 G12 toons, and a zeta or two. But somehow (doesn't matter how), having Stark at G9 makes it so you can beat the event with a bunch of other G10 characters and a bit of luck.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    The difficulty of the event has gotten a lot of heat from the community, a lot of it warranted.

My uncle brought me into SWGOH and we're in the same guild.

ME: G12 zBossk, G12 Boba Fett, G11 Dengar, G10 Greedo, and G10 Cad Bane

HIM: Same characters, all G12, zeta on Boba and Bossk, very similar mods.

I unlocked Chewie on the first day (after a million attempts). My uncle with the much stronger squad hasn't been able to unlock Chewie. As a result of his frustration, he is very close to simply giving up the game and deleting it. It's a shame for EA because he was a paying customer and I'm not.

I totally get putting difficulty and competition into the game. I'm 100% for it. But, after seeing my uncle literally ragequit, I wonder what EA's business case is for making it so difficult and chance-dependent.
  • Well to be fair, you are comparing to vastly different times in swgoh with those two events,

And

It’s the smokescreen that makes it hard. Which is why dengar is such a handy tool to use cuz he negates that. So yes, it’s hard without him. But, not Impossible,

They made chewies event hard for the current options in the game today, where as r2 was made for the game at that time , so it is never going to be the same difficulty for different events.

You should be able to make it work, possibly mods needs to be tweaked better to handle it. But there are a few threads with no dengar making it. That should help Mebbe
  • This isn't the first time around for this event, I'm curious why you would not invest in Dengar since you even point out your Guild mate completed with a G9 Dengar?
    That's a good point, especially since i got 5* Chewie the first go around. The biggest reason is, he can only be bought in the Guild store, and right around then was when my guild started to really push HSTR. With so many characters to farm up to a good gear level, getting a seventh bounty hunter just wasn't worth it. Not to mention i still need to get Stark and Jyn from there.
    I honestly figured that what i had would be enough.
  • Lio wrote: »
    I unlocked Chewie on the first day (after a million attempts). My uncle with the much stronger squad hasn't been able to unlock Chewie. As a result of his frustration, he is very close to simply giving up the game and deleting it. It's a shame for EA because he was a paying customer and I'm not.

I totally get putting difficulty and competition into the game. I'm 100% for it. But, after seeing my uncle literally ragequit, I wonder what EA's business case is for making it so difficult and chance-dependent.

Thank you, I am right there with him. I spent most of my day (last of the event) fuming at work and debating whether i should seriously just delete my account.
  • Lio wrote: »
    HIM: Same characters, all G12, zeta on Boba and Bossk, very similar mods.

Unless his mods were all 1*, I have a hard time fathoming how he hasn't backed into a win.

I ran G12 zzBossk lead, G12 Boba, G12 Cad, G12 zzAurra, G10 Dengar and cleared it on the 3rd try.

Boba took the initial hit, R2 got smokescreen off (yes even with Dengar), and though Boba died twice and Bossk ate it, the other three won out.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Well good luck completing if it's still going on, your BH's look pretty good so maybe some good RNG and a string of crit hits by Greedo to burn down Chewie will get you over the hump?
  • I think that's all I can hope for at this point. I haven't seen more than 2 or 3 in a row from Greedo this past week, so maybe I can get lucky in these last few hours.
  • r4aia2gp841i.jpg

Just completed with G12 zbossk, G12 boba, G11 greedo, G8 zam and G7 cad. You need to wait until greedo bossk and boba survive first wave without ability block and r2 doesn't stealth. Have bossk slightly quicker than boba to taunt and then have boba execute chewie. Use bossk's mass assist on chewie after he gains full turn meter from bobas execute. Then use greedos special on han to remove tm. Greedo's gains hans tm and can use his basic to finish off chewie if he isnt already dead. Focus on han next but its pretty easy once chewie is down.

My bossk was 230 speed with 75k protection and my boba and greedo where 200+ speed modded for crit chance and crit damage. Boba faster than greedo. Took about 20 restarts to get the conditions right.
  • Other than my Bossk being G12, I had almost an identical BH team to the one posted by the OP. In fact, it was worse since my Boba was G9 too and Cad Bane was G8.

A guildmate of mine who I work with had the same team as me with a G11 Bossk. It took him a lot longer to get through it, but he did it too.

My BHs had decent mods, but not my arena mods or anything. My guildmate did move his arena mods over to his BHs for the event, though I would wager they weren't much better than the ones I had (he put far less into his mods than I did prior to them using separate energy).

Another guildmate of ours had better BHs and still doesn't have him (though he has a G10 Aura instead of Greedo).

Simply having higher gear BHs doesn't guarantee you anything. You still have to play the event right and get a healthy dose of favorable RNG.
  • There is very obviously something wrong with this event. Below is a picture of a guildmate of mine who got Chewie 7* (happy for him, this is just an example).a7oxozvg5o0c.jpg
    As you can see he has two G11, one G10, and two G9. Apparently it took him a few tries, but the point is he got it within a few days.
    Now we see my bounty hunters.9y3rhvsxlqh2.jpg
    Three G12, two G11, and two zeta abilities. Comparatively, my bounty hunters are undeniably stronger. In any fight or event involving bounty hunters, my squad can be set on auto without any worries, even the final tiers. I should not have much trouble with this much power! But this is not the case. I have tried hundreds of times over the past week and a half to no success. I have tried all sorts of mod combinations, but nothing seems to work. I don't know what CG was thinking when they made this event, but they have spectacularly failed.
    I spent money, close to 100$ (which is a lot for most people), just to get enough gear to get another 2 BH up to G12. I put all my resources, all my time, into getting my BH to where they are now. And what are the results? Sweet, sweet nothing. Instead of getting the character required to make my Rebel arena squad even better, all I did was line the pockets of CG to recieve..... absolutely nothing.
    Does anyone else find this absolutely enraging? You need either one specific bounty hunter in a mediocre team, which ironically is more like the old legendary events, or you need five G12 with multiple zetas and a lot of luck.

Oh right, lets not forget the terrible quality of this wretched event. CG must really not care if they cant even be bothered to fix this.8csw1pg2dcp3.jpg

So you spent $100 on gear, yet didn't choose to farm dengar up. Sounds like poor decision making to me.

It's not like it was a secret that dengar made the event easier.

The decisions you made are yours. Sorry you spent money and didn't get chewie but it was a result of your own decisions not cg making the event impossible.
  • So you spent $100 on gear, yet didn't choose to farm dengar up. Sounds like poor decision making to me.

The decisions you made are yours. Sorry you spent money and didn't get chewie but it was a result of your own decisions not cg making the event impossible.

Not like 100 bucks will get a character from 2* to 7*, so how exactly would I have been able to get dengar without sacrificing the guild required HSTR damage? Long before this event i had the choice of farming 5 BH, and I didn't choose dengar. Why should I be penalised for that?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I have tried hundreds of times over the past week and a half to no success. I have tried all sorts of mod combinations, but nothing seems to work.

My experience fron completing it twice is, that after modding my team 'correctly', it only took a small number of retries for RNG to be in my favour.

High tenacity on Bossk for a higher chance to resist debuffs. Max crit damage and offense on Boba to hit hard with executes. High crit chance on Greedo to increase the chance of extra shots with basic attacks. Enough potency on Cad Bane to stun chewie

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    So you spent $100 on gear, yet didn't choose to farm dengar up. Sounds like poor decision making to me.

Not like 100 bucks will get a character from 2* to 7*, so how exactly would I have been able to get dengar without sacrificing the guild required HSTR damage? Long before this event i had the choice of farming 5 BH, and I didn't choose dengar. Why should I be penalised for that?

Guild required HSTR damage? I don't understand what this has to do with farming or not farming Dengar?

You are "penalized" for not farming Dengar in the same way you would be "penalized" if you were trying to use Kit Fisto and Mace and Jedi Knight Guardian to get Yoda. Being able to use any 5 of a faction doesn't mean everybody in the faction is created equal or equally likely to accomplish the event.

• Not like 100 bucks will get a character from 2* to 7*, so how exactly would I have been able to get dengar without sacrificing the guild required HSTR damage? Long before this event i had the choice of farming 5 BH, and I didn't choose dengar. Why should I be penalised for that?

Dengar is 50 crystals per shard. You need 288 shards to 7 star him. That's 14,400 crystals. $100 gets you a vault of crystals, which is 15, 710 crystals, meaning for $100 you could have 7 starred him from the crystal shop and still had over 1,000 crystals left.
  • So you spent $100 on gear, yet didn't choose to farm dengar up. Sounds like poor decision making to me.

You had 3 months since the first event. And it's not like it was a surprise he was good to get chewie. Throw some of your currency at dengar. Then use the $100 worth of crystals on hear for hstr teams.

Most of the gear you get from the guild storecan be bought for a small amount. But the fact remains you have limited resources. You chose hstr teams over dengar. So you get more hstr dmg and don't have chewie. Still no one's fault but your own.

• Not like 100 bucks will get a character from 2* to 7*, so how exactly would I have been able to get dengar without sacrificing the guild required HSTR damage? Long before this event i had the choice of farming 5 BH, and I didn't choose dengar. Why should I be penalised for that?

Dengar is 50 crystals per shard. You need 288 shards to 7 star him. That's 14,400 crystals. $100 gets you a vault of crystals, which is 15, 710 crystals, meaning for $100 you could have 7 starred him from the crystal shop and still had over 1,000 crystals left.

I'm pretty sure getting him from the guild store and using crystals for gear would be more efficient but your way also works.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I do also know it's possible without Dengar, my problem is the difficulty difference.

Isn't this like complaining that hSTR phase 4 is doable without NS, but the difficulty difference is too big? Most guilds and players farmed NS teams by now.

But what's your final status? Did you 7* Chewie in time before the event ended?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Long before this event i had the choice of farming 5 BH, and I didn't choose dengar. Why should I be penalised for that?

You are not penalised in any way. You are simply not rewarded either, since you didn't complete the event (or did you succeed in the end?).

I'm pretty sure getting him from the guild store and using crystals for gear would be more efficient but your way also works.

That would require more math than I was/am willing to do, but quite possibly.