My Thoughts on the Falcon Legendary

Replies

• Rogue613 wrote: »
    Who ended up capturing Solo? I don't recall that being the Empire

giphy.gif

He was wrong so I am not sure why you posted that.

Boba Fett tracked the Millennium Falcon to Bespin, by hiding Slave 1 among the debris/refuge field discharged by the Super Star-Destroyer.

e5Rvz.jpg

Boba trailed the Falcon and reported their destination to the Imperial Fleet. Vader didn't care about Solo, he was just testing freezing a human in carbonite on Han. Vader planned to freeze Luke in carbonite, which is why Vader allows Boba to take Solo to Jabba (to fufil the bounty mentioned in Ep4).
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    BH's only have 3 ships and Empire only has 4.

BH have 4 ships.
  • kodias
    264 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    That's exactly why it will be BH ships. XB and Ig-2000 will be requirements for the OT Falcon. It's the best way for CG to make money as the majority of the player base won't have them ready even end game players, so it will encourage panic farming. Also the daily login is Slave 1. Whenever a legendary event drops the daily login is always from the required faction.

If you've played this game long enough you should know to start farming ships/ characters as soon as they are released f2p especially if there aren't enough of the faction already released to have a full line up.

If you've been farming XB and Ig-2000 since release you should have them at about 6* so it will be enough to unlock it. HT has been f2p for even longer so most should have it 7*. This game is all about thinking ahead and trying to guess what requirements will be needed. It's been rumored that OT falcon is going to be released for months so farming the bh ships was a no brainer to most.
  • Shaun
    37 posts Member
    My palms sweat at the prospect of this requiring solo toons. uddmkcx3wvvy.jpeg
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    Until we get some type of upgradable gear for ships they will always be the second class mode.
    I just don't care about farming ships.

I've never really understood the "I h8 ships" crowd. The complaints are always incredibly vague ("it's just not fun" or something similar) which makes it seem like people are just salty that they have a hard time competing in fleet arena.

I hate ships because the battles are way too long and just incredibly boring. I do them out of necessity not because I enjoy anything about ships. Some people like them, cool. I think it’s a horribly configured mode
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    If you think they're too long get better ships. And avoid Mace.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rogue613 wrote: »

giphy.gif

Boba Fett tracked the Millennium Falcon to Bespin, by hiding Slave 1 among the debris/refuge field discharged by the Super Star-Destroyer.

e5Rvz.jpg

Boba trailed the Falcon and reported their destination to the Imperial Fleet. Vader didn't care about Solo, he was just testing freezing a human in carbonite on Han. Vader planned to freeze Luke in carbonite, which is why Vader allows Boba to take Solo to Jabba (to fufil the bounty mentioned in Ep4).

Boba Fett was a glorified Taxi, he didn't catch Han, he merely provided info. Watch that clip again, and when your done watch it again, because your wrong. Vader blocks laser blaster shots, takes Hans Gun then Lobot brings in the storm troopers and surrounds all of them. Doesn't matter that Vader didn't want him or that Boba followed him and called him the fact remains and is indisputable that Vader captures Han Solo, any other answer is just ignorant.

Who does Vader represent? Boba Fett? Oh yea the EMPIRE.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Don't answer, because it will just be wrong.

Watch the clip again, so you understand.
    Watch the clip again so you can feel the hatred.
    Watch it again and feel the correctness in what I tell you.
    Then watch it again for ignorance sake.
    Watch it yet again.
    One more time.
  • Ugnaught
    481 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Until we get some type of upgradable gear for ships they will always be the second class mode.

And that’s why your toon game will always lag. Ships brings zetas. Zetas bring da pain. Ships make or break TW and GA.

Do the math of how many additional zetas you’ve lost out on for the last 1.5 years. I help instruct gamers with 3.x M GP accounts that smoke 4.x accounts, and it’s all because of their ship game.

Hah..I meant farming ships for legendaries.
    Of course everyone has ships to get the free zeta...obviously you don't understand what was being referenced. Do the math on how many zeta you missed lol? Everyone has been getting those zetas for years now. Ships are still the 2nd class mode in this game even though the zetas and crystals are beneficial.
    Maybe when they add a ship raid they will be more useful instead of just over inflating gps in GA.
    Don't think that a 3 mil gp roster that can "smoke" a 4 mil gp roster is anything to write home about...
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I love it when people hate ships, and I'll never convince anyone to get into it
  • christopher152003
    381 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Vader allows Boba to take Solo to Jabba (to fufil the bounty mentioned in Ep4).

So if Vader allows Boba Fett to take Han doesn't that suggest that Vader and thus the Empire had custody of Han?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Tactyou wrote: »
    Anyone that thinks it’ll be requiring empire ships is just wishful thinking. Xanadu and ig2000 is where the money is at.
    My favorite part about debating about requirements is when the other person is very optimistic that the requirements are broad enough to include the small handful of ships / toons that the opposite side has

Empire is not going to be a requirement no matter how much or little sense it makes
  • Revan_Presence
    65 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    RE: My thoughts on the Falcon legendary
    This:
    unknown.png
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    You're wrong*
    Rogue613 wrote: »

giphy.gif

e5Rvz.jpg

...because your wrong...
  • BeerBacca wrote: »
    you cant activate a ship without the required pilots so han and chewbacca might be two of the requirements.

That's who's needed to pilot the ship, but sure sounds like they're alluding to further "who's"
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Shaun wrote: »

I actually have all the Solo toons 7* and geared up, so I wouldn't mind it! But those ships look incredible. Good work farming those.
  • Moldrak
    41 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I expect another bounty hunter ship to drop Thursday. Instant paywall for OT falcon. Should be another droid ship at some point.

Something as awesome as the falcon with two high end pilots is not going to be cheap or easy to acquire.
  • BH's only have 3 ships and Empire only has 4. Just looking at the numbers and the fact that we have 2 BH ships behind the proverbial pay wall, I'm betting scoundrels will be needed. That gives a total of 5 ships and incentive for the P2W crowd to pony up.

Or to go down an entirely different road, maybe toons are required for part or all of the event?
    Stay tuned to the official forums for more news on who you will need to unlock Han’s Millennium Falcon and the start date for this exciting Legendary event!

This may or may not have been an intentional clue. I read who as indicating a character vs what indicating a ship.

I would like this option and I'm sure many others would too but since the ships need pilots, you would still need the "who", ie Bossk, to use HT. I could see a character Journey type event with Han, Lando and possibly others, FBL, old Ben and maybe even Greedo to get the Falcon but, too many have most of those outside Chewie already. It would be cool to have you going through Greedo troopers, etc on Tatoine to get to the Falcon. There just isn't any money in that to pay the bills.
  • TVF wrote: »

I just auto my fleet battle to get my daily done and leave it alone the rest of the day. They are boring, everyone has the exact same setup. Going from 5 to 3 ships was an atrocious move
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    JiggyMoose wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

I just auto my fleet battle to get my daily done and leave it alone the rest of the day. They are boring, everyone has the exact same setup. Going from 5 to 3 ships was an atrocious move

I feel like you don't remember 5 ships or you were ignoring it worse then. Everyone had the exact same setup - Three TFs, Vader, Reaper. I see tons more variety now.

If you think they're too boring that's your opinion but if the reason for that is that the battles are too long, you're running the wrong ships. Or fighting nothing but the Mace timeout fleet. As I already said.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Empire + bounty hunters = 8 ships + a capital ship. You can garuntee hounds tooth will be the requirement.
  • I think it will be scoundrels to initiate a pay cycle as folks get Xanadu blood and ig-2000 leveled up.

But here is my thing - why pay to unlock this ship? All we have with ships is fleet arena with weaker rewards compared to squad arena, fleet nodes that everyone had completed, and a few minor uses in tw, ga, and tb.

There is t enough incentive to pay to unlock a new ship. Barring an unforeseen development, I won’t be in any panic to unlock even at 5*. I need more incentive to do so in game.

That's why i get 400 crystals every single day with just 1 attack for day...

• Lio wrote: »

I actually have all the Solo toons 7* and geared up, so I wouldn't mind it! But those ships look incredible. Good work farming those.

Its sad but the only ship here that’s in my starting three is HT, if i put XB or any other BH ship in i drop out of the top 5 overnight, HT, Tie and Tie advance and the lowest ive dropped is 4.

HT is the only meta ship atm, id put money on the Falcon ignoring taunt or dispelling on a basic.

• Shaun wrote: »
    Lio wrote: »

Its sad but the only ship here that’s in my starting three is HT, if i put XB or any other BH ship in i drop out of the top 5 overnight, HT, Tie and Tie advance and the lowest ive dropped is 4.

HT is the only meta ship atm, id put money on the Falcon ignoring taunt or dispelling on a basic.

XB is definitely meta, and Boba still sees heavy use. Not too many IGs out there, and the Lando falcon is an absolute monster off the bench.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • kodias wrote: »
    That's exactly why it will be BH ships. XB and Ig-2000 will be requirements for the OT Falcon. It's the best way for CG to make money as the majority of the player base won't have them ready even end game players, so it will encourage panic farming. Also the daily login is Slave 1. Whenever a legendary event drops the daily login is always from the required faction.

If you've played this game long enough you should know to start farming ships/ characters as soon as they are released f2p especially if there aren't enough of the faction already released to have a full line up.

If you've been farming XB and Ig-2000 since release you should have them at about 6* so it will be enough to unlock it. HT has been f2p for even longer so most should have it 7*. This game is all about thinking ahead and trying to guess what requirements will be needed. It's been rumored that OT falcon is going to be released for months so farming the bh ships was a no brainer to most.

i farmed from release avarage both 5 stars(IG 10/85- XB 19/85 ) and i had good drop rate...

• In that crossword, they listed a bunch of ships besides the falcon. I doubt that it really has anything to do with unlock requirements, since they were all over the place. The thing I DO find interesting is that they listed Y wing and B wing. a Y wing is also shown on the title screen, now. Two new rebel ships inbound?
    I wouldn't hold my breath though. There was an A-wing in the previous title screen and we still don't have any in game.
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I just put in my 1 Fleet Arena attack for the day ... and I'm only in 4th place! W. t. F? I fell to 8th last night.

Darn it, have to put in an extra 3 minutes work for those last 75 crystals. Think I'll complain about ships being too much work on the forum. That'll help.

/snark

Of course I do think that there's a very legit critique of ships: They're just sitting there - no movement at all. It's kind of okay for hand-to-hand fighters to bounce on the balls of their feet waiting for someone to make a move so that they can seize an opening, but ships staying stock still? HTF does that work?

Yeah, I think there's definitely some bad things to say about using effectively the same combat system for hand-to-hand fighters and space ships (with space ships getting the short end, since they weren't first and just got slapped into a barely-modified HtH mode). Doesn't mean it's a lot of work to take 1st in ships. Squad Arena is a much bigger PITA, and the 400 crystals/day make it super easy to farm anything new coming down the pike. I've only been taking 1st in Fleet for the last 4 months or so, and I'm kicking myself for not making a hard move on ships sooner...
  • JiggyMoose wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

I've never really understood the "I h8 ships" crowd. The complaints are always incredibly vague ("it's just not fun" or something similar) which makes it seem like people are just salty that they have a hard time competing in fleet arena.

I hate ships because the battles are way too long and just incredibly boring. I do them out of necessity not because I enjoy anything about ships. Some people like them, cool. I think it’s a horribly configured mode

Since Revan became meta my arena battles have been longer than fleet arena. Revan meta is actually the boring one imo