Ship Arena dodging increase?

Replies

• I see much less dodges today than I saw 6 months ago. Maybe 1 or 2 per battle, mostly when capital ships use AoE attacks.
  • Had a doozy today. Breach on TIE, cane does aoe - dodge, ghost does aoe - dodge, Anakin - dodge.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • TVF wrote: »
    Why on earth would they program ships to dodge more then go on vacation? I mean, really?

worldburn-top.jpg
  • I noticed that some mechanics changed recently it seems. I call in a reinforcement, and the opponent goes before the called-in ship does, i use thrawn's ultimate and again after it, the opponent goes first. Also vader seems to be bugged. I use his special on a target locked ship and don't get the 100% tm. And this is happening not on some occasions. It's literally every time
  • Fabirus wrote: »
    I noticed that some mechanics changed recently it seems. I call in a reinforcement, and the opponent goes before the called-in ship does, i use thrawn's ultimate and again after it, the opponent goes first. Also vader seems to be bugged. I use his special on a target locked ship and don't get the 100% tm. And this is happening not on some occasions. It's literally every time

Kylo’s Command shuttle’s reinforcement ability reduces the turn meter of your ships when they reinforce, which would explain why the enemy goes before your reinforcement.

Vader doesn’t gain 100% turn meter when using his special. He gains 25% turn meter for each debuff on the target.
  • Kylo’s Command shuttle’s reinforcement ability reduces the turn meter of your ships when they reinforce, which would explain why the enemy goes before your reinforcement.

Vader doesn’t gain 100% turn meter when using his special. He gains 25% turn meter for each debuff on the target.

Oh yeah, i actually read that wrpng. He removes 100% tm when target locked. Never seen kylo in any squad i fought though
  • Risz
    134 posts Member
    Well ... I think it's pretty obvious, a tank gets attacked way more often, thta's it's purpose.
    So he gets to dodge a lot more.

But where I agree is the dodge rate that is clearly not as written in the stats, even with breach on my ennemies dodge once or twice at LEAST per match, that's not a 4% dodge rate, that's more a 20% dodge rate when you consider they take 4/5 attack to go down.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Since reading this thread I have noticed a lot of dodging in fleet. I have no idea if it’s new/a change/a bug/whatever, but it’s definitely annoying.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Since reading this thread I have noticed a lot of dodging in fleet. I have no idea if it’s new/a change/a bug/whatever, but it’s definitely annoying.

It's not new. Not sure about the bug part though. I agree with the "annoying" part.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Best thing is when Ghost uses his AOE and every single ship dodges it. That's just the best.

I don't know if the dodge rate has increased, but it sure seems like it.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I guess I'm either super non-observant or lucky/unlucky but I really don't see a ton of dodges in either direction. And it seems unchanged over the past whatever months.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • It "feels" like Biggs dodges significantly more than 2% of the time, though I haven't tracked it, won't track it, and haven't looked at the Breach condition, but I will start paying attention to that (and using it advantageously - I mean you TIE Silencer)
  • TVF wrote: »
    I guess I'm either super non-observant or lucky/unlucky but I really don't see a ton of dodges in either direction. And it seems unchanged over the past whatever months.

I've felt that I see dodges (on both sides) more than once every 50 hits but obviously I've not been tracking the data so until now I've been attributing it to confirmation bias.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • My Sun Fac generally keeps their HT stunned until it’s dead, so I haven’t noticed this, but I have noticed the evasion not being applied correctly, as in a breached TFP still dodging way too much.
  • I'm not saying everything related to doges is WAI but here are some thoughts about how often that should occur:
    On average, my fleet arena battles within top 20 last till after the 2nd reinforcements are called. Without a lot of aoe attacks on either side this roughly means that ships (both sides combined) get hit around 50 times in total. Aside from breach and ITF dodges the expected value is one dodge per battle. If both sides use HT, which is very likely at the top of fleet arena, I guess that maybe half of those hits are against HT. Those are rough estimates for sure that might differ quite substantially from between shards or fleets being used but in this case you'd expect to see two dodges from HT every day when doing 4 or 5 battles and more if you refresh. And I should probably add that those dodges don't necessarily have to be spread equally over the battles...
  • Assessthis wrote: »
    Its all a joke to me. I figure there is something in play to occasionally make your fleet suck to keep others interested. I stay at one spot consistently, though once a week rng is against me. Today i dropped to 18th in a matter of hours. I go to fight and get four dodges in a row. Ofcourse I cant win. I just pay the crystals and get back to first and have a nice week of dropping only 4:5 spots a day.

I agree with this completely. I am first in fleets almost every day. I find that one in every ten or so fights the game just decides you aren’t going to win. These are teams that I beat easily every other time I fight them. Around the 3rd dodge I know I’m just not going to win this one. Wait out my time and fight them again for an easy win.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    The game deciding it's day 10 so you need to lose is a conspiracy theory with no basis in fact.
  • Also there is a team that I fight where the first shot I take at HT is always dodged. 100% of the time. Every battle. I fight this guy every day. I win the battle but I know that when I first attack his UKR. Then his UKR and HT go. The next turn will be my Biggs with his HT taunting. I already know 100% he dodges the attack. I fight this battle every day. It happens every time.
  • There is a team that I fight where the first shot I take at HT is always dodged. 100% of the time. Every battle. I fight this guy every day. I win the battle, but when I go first and attack his UKR. Then his UKR attacks. Then his HT attacks. The next turn will be my Biggs. Either attack doesn’t matter. Breached or not breached. Doesn’t matter. 100% of the time HT dodges that attack. For whatever reason that combination causes a 100% dodge.
  • I dont need to post my data to know dodges have increased. I have never seen so much dodge on all ships i mean, i saw on the last meta tie imp dodge a lot before the nerf but now, biggs dodge, boba dodge, HT dodge like it has the size of an ant, i mean ships were rng dependent but now, my god it imposible to fight like this.
  • This has been a issue forever. Ships on defense dodge all the time. Its either working as intended or just not important enough to fix. Personally I do not enjoy fleet arena at all. It's just not fun.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    My HT dodged today lol.
  • I actually noticed this about a month and a half ago. Thought it was just me, but it seems others have as well. Reminds me of the good old Dooku meta in arena.

It was a stupid meta. Same for zaul.
  • HT unique and Breach is bugged. It’s supposed to inflict -25% evasion. It’s inflicting -25% accuracy. I’ll guarantee you 90% of those dodges are when someone breached is attacking.

quick someone give this dude a medal! great comment dude
  • Hhm yesterday as I was doing a battle my ships dodged 4 times two against Lando's falcon and that wasn't my tie fighter but HT twice, Vader and scimitar. That's really strange indeed
  • I don't know how to make them correct this big but, i manage to make a video and a screenshot2g6361d5avar.png

Sorry it is in italian
    "Schivato" means "dodged"...
    How is it possible if biggs has breach???????????
  • I've always seemed to miss the tie adv put it should be strictly rng