Can we get an update on zFinn, C3PO and HSTR?

Replies

• Kazeb
    39 posts Member
    I dont get it. They dont want infinite loop in raid... so fix it. Add a rage bar to all bosses filled with damage so bosses take an extra turn if they receive more than x% damage without taking a turn.
    All problems fixed. Forever.
  • kodias
    264 posts Member
    Anything that makes raiding easier and faster is good in my books. This game is time consuming enough and if there's a way to auto part of Sith raid then all the better. For those crying that their hard farmed teams are now useless get over it. Welcome to swgoh. It's how the game works, teams are always evolving and changing. No farm is really wasted with GA/ TW.

That being said. Being able to solo P3 without Traya taking a turn is likely not what cg wanted. If they do want to fix it all they have to do is increase raid Trayas tenacity. Even with high potency (100+) the p3 solo sometimes fails so adding more tenacity to Traya will put an end to it.

Like others have said Sith Raid has been out for over a year and I don't think it's considered End Game content anymore. If you don't have Traya 7* by now you aren't really a end game player so enjoy being able to cheese the raids. Enjoy the couple months of easy gear and get ready for the new raid that will be released very soon.
  • C_Augustus1
    150 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    History lesson:
    Rancor released April 24, 2016. P1 solo June 2016 (6 weeks.) Entire raid solo December 2016 (about 7 months)
    HAAT released October 20 2016. Solo June 2017. (About 8 month)
    HSTR released March 1, 2018. Phase 3 solo December 2018 (about 10 months)
    It has taken the community longer to solo 1 phase of a tedious raid than it took to solo either Rancor or HAAT. Let's move on.
    Honestly, I think this issue is more about protecting the meta most people were gifted. I say gifted because Traya is a guild reward. A good player in a bad guild doesnt have Traya. A bad player in a good guild does has Traya.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    But she's no longer meta.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Yup. Most people are over the Sith Raid and just do it for gear/shards rather than any desire to actually do it.

Let it be and move on. It was a bad raid from the start. Energy would be better spent learning from it for the next one rather than continually adjusting things.
  • TVF wrote: »

Thank you. I'll let my shard know.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

You're lucky if she's meta on yours.

Just checked the meta report, there are a lot of lucky shards out there.
  • Tbh most people want to auto the sith raid now. Im happy to just auto p3 and get top 10 rewards as i always do. Top 10 in my guild is maintaining their spots before and after c3po came out anw.

Cause she’s the first and most invested in toon that could somewhat deal with revan
  • Tbh most people want to auto the sith raid now. Im happy to just auto p3 and get top 10 rewards as i always do. Top 10 in my guild is maintaining their spots before and after c3po came out anw.

Good point. I imagine that the players who had the ewoks needed for a 7* C3PO were mostly finishing top 10 anyway.
  • Part of me wants to know what the point. If a guild can already farm HSTR, Finn just saves time. If a guild cant farm HSTR, guess what? They still cant farm HSTR because they cant beat P1 or P4.

Good point. I imagine that the players who had the ewoks needed for a 7* C3PO were mostly finishing top 10 anyway.

I don’t see any big reason to nerf the raid to hell too. It’s just one phase, you still need the key teams to beat out phase 1 and 2 with NS for p4. The autoplay isnt even a 100% guaranteed clear anw, half the time traya takes a turn somewhere in the middle and it all goes to hell, but at least i can clock some decent damage.
  • Anything that shaves time off the sink is good. Infinite loops etc, who cares just gimme some rewards so I can move on with my day.
  • Jawwny wrote: »
    I recently zeta'd Finn and don't want him to change. But, having his leadership the way it is makes it so that any future characters and abilities that CG wants to make with expose or bosses that are effected by expose will have to be run through a "Finn lead" test to make sure the game doesn't break.

From the developers perspective, this becomes a complexity issue and a limiter of design space in the future. It's like with MTG or Hearthstone or other collectible battle games. Changing the Sith raid just fixes that problem, and not any future problems that may come up. So while it sucks, I foresee them changing Finn's zeta first.

I just wish they'd tell us sooner rather than later before too many others drop that zeta.

Making a complex game feature that people like and testing to make sure things go well is good game development.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited January 2019

Being able to get to first does not define a meta. I think you've misunderstood what the meta report shows.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    So an update has come and gone and no mention of this. Wonder if they are leaving as is?

I seriously doubt that. There are plenty of examples of them flagging a problem and then taking months to fix.
  • @CG_SBCrumb I've got a zeta waiting that I'd like to put on Finn, but I'm not going to until I know that he's not going to get nerfed because of the C-3PO loop in P3. Do you think you could update us on what you're planning to do to get rid of the loop? Even just saying what you won't do would be appreciated.
    Being able to get to first does not define a meta. I think you've misunderstood what the meta report shows.
    "Meta" has multiple meanings.

The acronym "most efficient/effective tactic available" seems to be the one you're going with, and is relatively singular, and reductive.

It is not the only definition of "meta."

"Meta" can also be short for the metagame. The game around the game. Engaging the play environment and the trends of others' decisions to make your own. In a Sith-heavy metagame, characters who counter Sith become a more effective tactic not because of their inherent power, but because they counter something common, while characters who counter First Order are irrelevant if no one is running First Order.

Both are valid definitions. The meta report provides more meaningful information on the metagame, letting you know what threats are generally relevant in the play space.
    Still not a he.
  • @CG_SBCrumb I've got a zeta waiting that I'd like to put on Finn, but I'm not going to until I know that he's not going to get nerfed because of the C-3PO loop in P3. Do you think you could update us on what you're planning to do to get rid of the loop? Even just saying what you won't do would be appreciated.
    Please, please, for the love of Pete, do not rush them to a decision on this.

The more patience we have the more likely the result will be more to our liking.
    They've said they are going to think about this, and I wholeheartedly support that decision.

I'd much rather they take their time and get it right the first time. Put the zeta on someone else if you're worried.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    "Meta" has multiple meanings.

The acronym "most efficient/effective tactic available" seems to be the one you're going with, and is relatively singular, and reductive.

It is not the only definition of "meta."

"Meta" can also be short for the metagame. The game around the game. Engaging the play environment and the trends of others' decisions to make your own. In a Sith-heavy metagame, characters who counter Sith become a more effective tactic not because of their inherent power, but because they counter something common, while characters who counter First Order are irrelevant if no one is running First Order.

Both are valid definitions. The meta report provides more meaningful information on the metagame, letting you know what threats are generally relevant in the play space.

I'm defining it as the most commonly used team.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I just tried the finn haat team and it was the most fun I've had in a raid that I can remember. just leave it, cg.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm defining it as the most commonly used team.
    I hear it commonly used both ways. Picking one or the other as "most" common is questionable, and acknowledging both definitions is a good way to prevent talking past each other uselessly in the future, because Traya is still meta in the sense that she's a relevant part of the current metagame, but is not meta in that she is not the most efficient tactic available assuming a late game player with all units available or theoretical long-term aspiration, but is most efficient tactic available to the many people who don't have Revan available to them at this time, because his event's only happened once and the number of folks who managed to get them are relatively limited. Because the last word in the acronym "meta" is "available," and someone can't be meta on an individual basis if they are not available. It ends up a relative and dynamic term. In brand new shards, Phoenix is meta for a while, because better teams are unavailable.

"Meta" is a term that needs some unpacking.
    Still not a he.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb I've got a zeta waiting that I'd like to put on Finn, but I'm not going to until I know that he's not going to get nerfed because of the C-3PO loop in P3. Do you think you could update us on what you're planning to do to get rid of the loop? Even just saying what you won't do would be appreciated.

The more patience we have the more likely the result will be more to our liking.
    They've said they are going to think about this, and I wholeheartedly support that decision.

I'd much rather they take their time and get it right the first time. Put the zeta on someone else if you're worried.

I asked him for an update, not to rush out a change.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb I've got a zeta waiting that I'd like to put on Finn, but I'm not going to until I know that he's not going to get nerfed because of the C-3PO loop in P3. Do you think you could update us on what you're planning to do to get rid of the loop? Even just saying what you won't do would be appreciated.

I asked him for an update, not to rush out a change.

I imagine we'd know if there was something worth letting us know about.
  • To all those suggesting the fix is easy - just raise Traya's tenacity or make her immune to expose.

There is a problem introduced with the new C3PO character. One character is the source of the problem (as I understand it - I don't have the guy), and what you're suggesting is that CG should just nerf every team and character that uses expose or debuffs.

That's the mell hammer approach, whereas we should be looking for the surgical scalpel approach.

Yes it would solve the problem - but it's a hack not a solution.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    To all those suggesting the fix is easy - just raise Traya's tenacity or make her immune to expose.

There is a problem introduced with the new C3PO character. One character is the source of the problem (as I understand it - I don't have the guy), and what you're suggesting is that CG should just nerf every team and character that uses expose or debuffs.

That's the mell hammer approach, whereas we should be looking for the surgical scalpel approach.

Yes it would solve the problem - but it's a hack not a solution.

Debuffs in HSTR are already mostly useless.
  • "As we get closer to a solution we feel comfortable with in-house, we’ll both work with players in the community to get their feedback on our proposed changes AND communicate our thinking before we roll out any changes.

These sorts of changes are always tricky, but our hope is that in communicating transparently, we can find the best all-around solution."

I would have hoped for some of the promised transparency and information on your thought process by now, @CG_SBCrumb...
    You said now you were ready to deploy a fix this week - so had it passed your internal testing, how many days in advance would you have told us before the rollout?
    If you really care about the community's feedback, you should take a few days or a week to factor it in...