What is a good team (or outline of a team) to solo the Pit raid?

Prev1
I am a more experienced player but have been in a smaller guild for the past few years now (I don't want to leave because we are all like family), and I really want to earn the gear and HS shards. I will have a 7* R2, CLS, and BB8 in a few days, I also have a 7* Palp. Thats about it for the legendary characters. So using those characters, and any others you guys have to reccomend, what would be a good squad to at least get to Phase 4 on the Heroic Pit Raid. Thanks!

And BTW, if you would like to join our guild, it's name is SithLordz1. Its a pretty decent size now but would like to grow it more!

Replies

• UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Fast CLS can solo it. If you have a swgoh.gg account post it here and we can make other recommendations.
  • Ok cool, I can do that
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    If only you had farmed Teebo a long time ago (he's almost 'free' in the GW shop) you would have been able to solo the raid for ages. Heroic Rancor raid is all about turnmeter reduction to prevent the Rancor from taking any turn at all.

Teebo lead, Rex, Phasma, TFP and FOO could have soloed the whole thing.

Mod Phasma to be slow with high potency.
    Mod TFP to be slow with high crit chance.
    Mod Teebo, FOO and Rex to be fast.

But yes, CLS can solo the whole thing. If you want extra assurance, add Rex, FOO and other TM reducers under his lead.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Alternatively put a zeta on Vader's lead and let zAder, EP, TFP, Tarkin and Rex and solo the whole thing - possibly on auto. If your guild can't complete heroic Rancor raids, I would definately have chosen Vader's lead as my very first zeta.
  • Ok cool! I will farm Teebo and Zeta Vader, in a few months when I have everyone geared up, I will tell you all how it went. Thanks!
  • Do you think I could solo or almost solo it with G11 characters? The first one you mentioned with a CLS lead, and the second with a zAder lead? Or would they all have to be G12? Thanks in advance.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    If it wasn't for devour, most teams at g11-g12 could solo it. I tried my Palp team for giggles a while ago and they got like halfway into p2 when the first devour hit. Sith are terrible in raids. Rebels and Jedi (and probably resistance) can definitely solo it that high.

Get CLS when he comes. Put him in with Rex and FOO. Make sure they are at least g9 with some decent speed. Then it should be an easy solo. It might take a while, but once you add toons like Hoda, BB8, and Han it'll speed up
  • Wiggs(L), CLS, Raid Han and Thrawn can solo heroic pit in under 10 minutes.
  • Cool, Would adding Teebo help? Or would he get in the way?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    RiseUp2002 wrote: »
    Ok cool! I will farm Teebo and Zeta Vader, in a few months when I have everyone geared up, I will tell you all how it went. Thanks!

You don't need much gear. Just zeta Vader, get your Tarkin from lvl 75 to 85, mod your team properly and give it a go. Remember, it's all about turnmeter reduction. If modded well and played well you current characters will prevent the Rancor from taking any turn at all. Some have even soloed it without the zeta on Vader, but that's considerably more difficult.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Cool, Would adding Teebo help? Or would he get in the way?

Teebo would slow them down, since he doesn't hit very hard. The first four have all the TM manipulation, you need, to solo it all on auto. Even CLS one can solo the whole thing (but adding hard hitters with TM manipulation like Zolo will speed things up).
  • CLS (lead), Chewy (or R2), old ben, han, GMY. does it for me
  • This is awesome! thanks guys!!
  • You have everything you need except a Zeta on Vader's lead. Or a really high gear really fast CLS.

Personally with what you have:

1 - Zeta Vader Lead
    2 - mod TFP for Crit chance so you get tenacity down
    3 - run zVader, Palp, TFP, Tarkin, FOO

FOO 2nd special removes turn meter and his first special will be for tossing turns back to whomever you need to go next, Vader for DOTs, TFP to guarantee tenacity down from advantage, Tarkin to unleash heck with a charged up Ultimate Firepower... Etc etc.

He's budget Thrawn.
  • Haha, thats awesome Vendi! Thanks for the info!
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Any put solo team should have 3 things.

1. TMR
    2. Tenacity down
    3. Speed down

Cls has that on his own. A gear 8 cls can do it with about 240 speed or 220 speed and a zeta on I at. You don't have that speed so I'd remod.

I'd maybe go with cls rex FOO as a trio.

You can then have a second team of vader tfp magma and tarkin as a back up.

If your cls run is going bad retreat cls and add him to the vader team.

Quiet frankly you have two teams that can probably pull off significant damage one that should solo but could slip up and one that will do about 2/3rds of a phase.

Every bit of speed you get on cls reduces the chances of a slip up.
  • Thanks so much! this is very helpful!
  • Would I put speed mods on everything?
  • I can't fathom why people keep pushing these oddball teams to solo this old content....

A basic first order team will solo easily at less than g12, give you a gr at ship with Kru and get you bb8 as well as a great GA and TW team (as well as a great arena team for newbies that don't want phoenix)......

The easiest to farm is Kru, og kylo, foo, fox, phasma...... Instant solo right there ....
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    I can't fathom why people keep pushing these oddball teams to solo this old content....

A basic first order team will solo easily at less than g12, give you a gr at ship with Kru and get you bb8 as well as a great GA and TW team (as well as a great arena team for newbies that don't want phoenix)......

The easiest to farm is Kru, og kylo, foo, fox, phasma...... Instant solo right there ....

Or how about simply using the newest addition to his roster - CLS? ;-)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Would I put speed mods on everything?

If using CLS, you will have tenacity down available and potency wouldn't do anything for you. Mod all your TM removers for speed.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    I can't fathom why people keep pushing these oddball teams to solo this old content....

Works too if he has him geared, modded to be fast snd wants to spend time mashing buttons.....

Don't get me wrong, it's a solution..... And he really should get CLS strong anyways....
  • My zFInn zscavrey Poe pilot trooper team is getting really close to being able to do it. They are G12 G11 11 11 11 I think. Working on more speed and gear.

Poe's so fast and his taunt has tm reduction then with all those expose pops....

I tried Teebo Phasma Ewok scout gmy and tfp but they aren't geared and nodded as well on my account
  • FO + CLS and it's a full auto with as close to zero turns for any enemy as you can get with only ok mods. Depending on speed from mods it'll do zero turns pretty much every time (my last 7 pits in a row).
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

Works too if he has him geared, modded to be fast snd wants to spend time mashing buttons.....

Don't get me wrong, it's a solution..... And he really should get CLS strong anyways....

Smash buttons? With CLS on the team? Check his roster. He also has other TM removers like Rex and FOO along with his new and shiny CLS. All it takes is 1 button press - the auto button.

• Smash buttons? With CLS on the team? Check his roster. He also has other TM removers like Rex and FOO along with his new and shiny CLS. All it takes is 1 button press - the auto button.[/quote]

Haha Waqui!
  • Oh, and BTW, I tried soloing the raid a few days ago with CLS (Spd 216), Rex (Spd 166), and FOO (Spd 175) and I got maybe 300k damage altogether with that squad. What do you think I can do to Improve?
    https://swgoh.gg/squads/134455/
    Thanks
  • G8 is pretty tough. You'll a hard time handling a hit or two from the Rancor. Key is to hit it with CLS special on first move. Get Tenacity Down right away. Even on the first phase: get it on the main guard. Kill the other two fast while keeping the Captain's TM at bay with the special moves of CLS and FOO. Whenever it's available pass the turn from FOO to CLS. Use Call to Action whenever it's available too.