Road Ahead?

Prev1
How do you guys think, will we get road ahead this month?

Replies

• Road ahead for the next 5 years.. lack of mk3 carbanti and stun guns continue to thwart the development of rosters..
  • My bet is March when the quarter is almost through.
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    I would just be happy with Falcon and Revan ETA....
  • General Grievous Rework
    B)
  • Why are you expecting a Road Ahead?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Infidelius wrote: »
    Why are you expecting a Road Ahead?

Because they said they would do one. They also said it may run a little late with the holidays.
  • We’ll get the road ahead for q1 in mid to late feb, maybe March.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Because they said they would do one. They also said it may run a little late with the holidays.

That’s a really bad excuse...AKA “We failed to plan ahead and haven’t learned from the last botched road ahead, so we are gonna do it again.”

Sorry, it just irritates me that they failed to meet a standard that they created and it looks like they will do it again. I hope I’m wrong.
  • What communication?
  • Its not like the road ahead puts out any details or anything we want like a legendary ir heroes journey event at the end of the quarter that we will see ahead i think its always late cause they push out legendary/heros journey events early or so in the quarter then release the road ahead so we cant use it to guess and start farming toons so they cause the panic farm and gets people to buy packs
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

That’s a really bad excuse...AKA “We failed to plan ahead and haven’t learned from the last botched road ahead, so we are gonna do it again.”

Sorry, it just irritates me that they failed to meet a standard that they created and it looks like they will do it again. I hope I’m wrong.

I don't believe in consistency here anymore.

Anyone remember when the monthly calendar came before the month it was showing?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • So we might get road ahead this month?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    According to Crumb they will be updating us about the Road Ahead in the coming weeks, or something like that. The wording was strange and didn’t actually say we would be getting the Road Ahead itself.
  • I heard from a game changer that CG has done away with doing road ahead. I highly doubt we get one this month... or going forward. Maybe blame the leaks?!
  • StarWarsWantsTooMuch
    127 posts Member
    edited January 2019

some of us also expect ea/cg to act like a real professional company. i know its funny right. the developers have made themselves somewhat into clowns by waffling at the simpliest of things like a road ahead.

its very easy to understand why the player base is starting to go "meh" at the last couple months of waffling. i havent seen too many business make mistake after mistake with their hands out constantly scheming for cash rebound and reverse course.

hopefully over the holidays some of the developers did some soul searching and will reverse course with all the horrible things they have done lately
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    I heard from a game changer that CG has done away with doing road ahead. I highly doubt we get one this month... or going forward. Maybe blame the leaks?!

At the time of the last one, the one that I assume was delayed because of the leaks, Carrie said there would be one (paraphrasing) in January or slightly delayed due to Holidays (I read this as definitely Feb, not Jan).

Everything CG says is subject to change, of course.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

They cant release information earlier than they can due to the fact that the shareholders need to get the information first. It is possible that the shareholders meeting is scheduled later due to the holidays and therefore this needs to be released later.
  • The Road Ahead Announcement states that there might be a Road Ahead Announcement sometime in the future. May the Force be with you.
  • StarWarsWantsTooMuch
    127 posts Member
    edited January 2019

They cant release information earlier than they can due to the fact that the shareholders need to get the information first. It is possible that the shareholders meeting is scheduled later due to the holidays and therefore this needs to be released later.

shareholders matter more than the gamers. thats the problem here. who is the game for the shareholders or the players playing the game?

seems like if the shareholders had to get the information first they would be smart enough to realize the gamers matter and schedule things based on the gamer not the shareholder.

just another one of many examples of how ethically the ball is dropping here.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    You would be surprised to find out how many companies place shareholders before customers
    All of them. That’s how running s company works
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    You would be surprised to find out how many companies place shareholders before customers

It's like the tired "the customer is always right" thing. No, the customer is just supposed to think that.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019

shareholders matter more than the gamers. thats the problem here. who is the game for the shareholders or the players playing the game?

seems like if the shareholders had to get the information first they would be smart enough to realize the gamers matter and schedule things based on the gamer not the shareholder.

Any publicly traded company has to share the information with shareholders first, it's a law. There is nothing they can do about it if they want to keep the FCC SEC happy.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • it was a road ahead.
    now it is a road travelling post
    sooner or later it may become a road traveled post -_-
  • Yea i dont believe the customer is always right cause then it allows them to do stupid stuff and blame it on the company and get away with it
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

Any publicly traded company has to share the information with shareholders first, it's a law. There is nothing they can do about it if they want to keep the FCC happy.

Are we still talking about the Road Ahead here? Are you saying they can’t release it until there’s a shareholder meeting? It’s about intentions for gameplay, not anything about profitability reports or whatever. What about regular everyday update posts? I am so confused by this conversation.
  • Ultra wrote: »

i am always surprised at how companies will place their brand image and reputation on the line not really at the greedness of the infantile. i can burn money and have 0 but always make more because my actions represent ethical process that the customer is always excited to partake in and the second i tell them i have a new product or deal they buy right away usually not even asking or looking at details. i remember a time when the trust here was that way with the majority of player base. whales would buy char without even looking at stats and just figure out if they liked them or not. the days have changed where those basic concepts dont work though because of the exact sentiments and actions your comment represents.

when the main concept is to swindle the customer for the sake of the shareholder thats not ethical and the long term effects on brand image are not good. i have seen companies change brand names, bring in people and do drastic things they said they never would do when the tides turn and the shareholder expects them to turnout something but they cant because they have ruined their company image and customers dont trust them anymore.

that hasnt happened here yet but the actions that are piling up are starting to build something i hope doesnt occur. the tip toe down the rabbit hole takes time and each action makes it harder to see your in a hole until that hole swallows you up. hopefully there are people at the dev offices reading these comments and have an epiphany about the road ahead and we get a good one.
  • Think hes saying all information that gets released has to go through the shareholders first for approval or what ever the reason is before they can tell us(the customers) anything
  • Kyno wrote: »

that's not how it works. and the Road ahead has nothing to do with EA shareholders
    EA Earnings Date
    Earnings announcement* for EA: Jan 29, 2019
    shareholders do not approve of anything other than voting on a board of directors. Please as a moderator do not pass fake information
  • StarWarsWantsTooMuch
    127 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Liath wrote: »

Any publicly traded company has to share the information with shareholders first, it's a law. There is nothing they can do about it if they want to keep the FCC happy.

Are we still talking about the Road Ahead here? Are you saying they can’t release it until there’s a shareholder meeting? It’s about intentions for gameplay, not anything about profitability reports or whatever. What about regular everyday update posts? I am so confused by this conversation.

companies have months to plan things like these. i am as confused as you are at the excuses being given. shareholder meetings are scheduled in advance. i attend many of them and have helped plan and schedule and deliver the meetings. lot of companies hold themselves to higher standards it seems.

as a shareholder of a lot of companies i wouldnt like to hear that i as the shareholder am being said as the reason that the product isnt as good as it could be.