Road Ahead?

2Next

Replies

  • Kyno
    25087 posts Moderator
    Liath wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Infidelius wrote: »
    Why are you expecting a Road Ahead?

    Because they said they would do one. They also said it may run a little late with the holidays.

    That’s a really bad excuse...AKA “We failed to plan ahead and haven’t learned from the last botched road ahead, so we are gonna do it again.”

    Sorry, it just irritates me that they failed to meet a standard that they created and it looks like they will do it again. I hope I’m wrong.

    They cant release information earlier than they can due to the fact that the shareholders need to get the information first. It is possible that the shareholders meeting is scheduled later due to the holidays and therefore this needs to be released later.

    shareholders matter more than the gamers. thats the problem here. who is the game for the shareholders or the players playing the game?

    seems like if the shareholders had to get the information first they would be smart enough to realize the gamers matter and schedule things based on the gamer not the shareholder.


    just another one of many examples of how ethically the ball is dropping here.

    Any publicly traded company has to share the information with shareholders first, it's a law. There is nothing they can do about it if they want to keep the FCC happy.

    Are we still talking about the Road Ahead here? Are you saying they can’t release it until there’s a shareholder meeting? It’s about intentions for gameplay, not anything about profitability reports or whatever. What about regular everyday update posts? I am so confused by this conversation.

    No it's about future plans for the development if the game and features being released. This is all information that needs to be released to shareholders first. This is part if the reason they are quarterly.
  • Kyno
    25087 posts Moderator
    yohann269 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Infidelius wrote: »
    Why are you expecting a Road Ahead?

    Because they said they would do one. They also said it may run a little late with the holidays.

    That’s a really bad excuse...AKA “We failed to plan ahead and haven’t learned from the last botched road ahead, so we are gonna do it again.”

    Sorry, it just irritates me that they failed to meet a standard that they created and it looks like they will do it again. I hope I’m wrong.

    They cant release information earlier than they can due to the fact that the shareholders need to get the information first. It is possible that the shareholders meeting is scheduled later due to the holidays and therefore this needs to be released later.

    that's not how it works. and the Road ahead has nothing to do with EA shareholders
    EA Earnings Date
    Earnings announcement* for EA: Jan 29, 2019
    shareholders do not approve of anything other than voting on a board of directors. Please as a moderator do not pass fake information

    Information can not become public until after it is shared with the shareholders of the company, it has nothing to do with voting or approvals.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    yohann269 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Infidelius wrote: »
    Why are you expecting a Road Ahead?

    Because they said they would do one. They also said it may run a little late with the holidays.

    That’s a really bad excuse...AKA “We failed to plan ahead and haven’t learned from the last botched road ahead, so we are gonna do it again.”

    Sorry, it just irritates me that they failed to meet a standard that they created and it looks like they will do it again. I hope I’m wrong.

    They cant release information earlier than they can due to the fact that the shareholders need to get the information first. It is possible that the shareholders meeting is scheduled later due to the holidays and therefore this needs to be released later.

    that's not how it works. and the Road ahead has nothing to do with EA shareholders
    EA Earnings Date
    Earnings announcement* for EA: Jan 29, 2019
    shareholders do not approve of anything other than voting on a board of directors. Please as a moderator do not pass fake information

    Information can not become public until after it is shared with the shareholders of the company, it has nothing to do with voting or approvals.

    there are multiple levels of shareholders. and the ones that are holding things up should be ashamed of themselves if i am reading your comment correctly. you are one of the few stand up guys still around kyno. thanks for being a great moderator :)
  • Kyno
    25087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    yohann269 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Infidelius wrote: »
    Why are you expecting a Road Ahead?

    Because they said they would do one. They also said it may run a little late with the holidays.

    That’s a really bad excuse...AKA “We failed to plan ahead and haven’t learned from the last botched road ahead, so we are gonna do it again.”

    Sorry, it just irritates me that they failed to meet a standard that they created and it looks like they will do it again. I hope I’m wrong.

    They cant release information earlier than they can due to the fact that the shareholders need to get the information first. It is possible that the shareholders meeting is scheduled later due to the holidays and therefore this needs to be released later.

    that's not how it works. and the Road ahead has nothing to do with EA shareholders
    EA Earnings Date
    Earnings announcement* for EA: Jan 29, 2019
    shareholders do not approve of anything other than voting on a board of directors. Please as a moderator do not pass fake information

    Information can not become public until after it is shared with the shareholders of the company, it has nothing to do with voting or approvals.

    there are multiple levels of shareholders. and the ones that are holding things up should be ashamed of themselves if i am reading your comment correctly. you are one of the few stand up guys still around kyno. thanks for being a great moderator :)

    It's not the shareholders faults in any way, it just the way the regulations are in place.

    This also may not be the case for all the delays, but the road ahead is a particularly sticky issue with many approvals and other background stuff that needs to happen.

    They also need to make sure they have all the proper things on here and to make sure they are in track. This is across multiple teams, which again adds layers of compilations.
  • StarWarsWantsTooMuch
    127 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    yohann269 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Infidelius wrote: »
    Why are you expecting a Road Ahead?

    Because they said they would do one. They also said it may run a little late with the holidays.

    That’s a really bad excuse...AKA “We failed to plan ahead and haven’t learned from the last botched road ahead, so we are gonna do it again.”

    Sorry, it just irritates me that they failed to meet a standard that they created and it looks like they will do it again. I hope I’m wrong.

    They cant release information earlier than they can due to the fact that the shareholders need to get the information first. It is possible that the shareholders meeting is scheduled later due to the holidays and therefore this needs to be released later.

    that's not how it works. and the Road ahead has nothing to do with EA shareholders
    EA Earnings Date
    Earnings announcement* for EA: Jan 29, 2019
    shareholders do not approve of anything other than voting on a board of directors. Please as a moderator do not pass fake information

    Information can not become public until after it is shared with the shareholders of the company, it has nothing to do with voting or approvals.

    there are multiple levels of shareholders. and the ones that are holding things up should be ashamed of themselves if i am reading your comment correctly. you are one of the few stand up guys still around kyno. thanks for being a great moderator :)

    It's not the shareholders faults in any way, it just the way the regulations are in place.

    This also may not be the case for all the delays, but the road ahead is a particularly sticky issue with many approvals and other background stuff that needs to happen.

    They also need to make sure they have all the proper things on here and to make sure they are in track. This is across multiple teams, which again adds layers of compilations.

    thats where we disagree. i dont know any other companies currently saying they cant release their announced road ahead process because of shareholder processes. the planning in itself is the flaw.

    everything else is just an excuse. complications or not the people that are at fault dont know how to run a business. thats plain and simple.

    i work with companies that have to put products into space and deal with. the red tape and regulation is far superior to anything you can claim as a complication and yet i dont hear any excuses on those calls because the people understand how to execute a business plan.
  • @Kyno you are wrong on the shareholders earnings call with relation to the Road Ahead post. Just look back at April 2018 and July. Both Road Ahead posts were on the 5th of that month and the Qtrly earnings call was at the end of the month. Shareholders and Road ahead have nothing to do with each other.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Lol shareholders: “thats a terrible idea, dont make us any money until you have a better idea”
  • Iy4oy4s
    1770 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    So @Kyno, all I have to do it buy some EA stock, and become a share holderand then I’m entitled to early info of this particular game? I don’t think it works that way my friend. If it did, you would have leaks the size of the Mississippi.
  • Yes
    140 posts Member
    But alas boys and girls.
    This said company knows, it can keep doing what it's doing, and people will still keep playing/buying. Hit an where it hurts people, then you'll get your road ahead pretty quick.
  • Iy4oy4s
    1770 posts Member
    Bottom line is that they were extremely late with the road ahead last time, you would think it would be a priority to make sure that it wasn’t late again. Granted we are only 9 days into the quarter, but it should have been ready to be released on Monday. Some three year plan.
  • Shareholders is being confused with stakeholders. They need to run it by stakeholders first, not shareholders. Stakeholders could be anyone who has a stake in what's going on. Could be management or could be other departments or could be ea.
  • Franimus wrote: »
    Shareholders is being confused with stakeholders. They need to run it by stakeholders first, not shareholders. Stakeholders could be anyone who has a stake in what's going on. Could be management or could be other departments or could be ea.

    If they are waiting for stakeholders to be notified, that just means poor planning on their part. That would never apply to these developers.
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Lawl shareholders. I sincerely miss the day of Jesse and just weekly posts of updates.

    Are we really just playing and planning 3-4 months at a time?

    Can we tag CG_Shareholder?

    I am all for understanding that there are so many layers and complications we don’t see or will ever hear about. But that’s a 2 way street. And no cars have been coming my way in a long while.
    Where is Carrie now?

    I hope DC comes out with a similar game so we can get a Q and A and promised communication betterment again.
  • EA is a public company so shareholder meetings are available to the public. But I highly doubt they go into enough detail as to what is being released in a single game.

    Mostly just financial data. Likely that isn't broken down more than the susidary level. So they'll say how much capital games made but likely little more detail than that.

    They may have to get board approval for the road ahead but that isn't at the shareholders meeting.
  • EA is a public company so shareholder meetings are available to the public. But I highly doubt they go into enough detail as to what is being released in a single game.

    Mostly just financial data. Likely that isn't broken down more than the susidary level. So they'll say how much capital games made but likely little more detail than that.

    They may have to get board approval for the road ahead but that isn't at the shareholders meeting.
    Ya imagine!
    - Revan did well in October.
    Cg shareholder- Malak better be coming out in Feb!

  • It’s completely ridiculous when CG says they have a three year plan and then every quarter they decide to play things by ear. If you have a plan you stick to it and execute. The road ahead isn’t about tiny updates it’s about the big picture for the next three months. If they have a broad big picture scope for three years they should know what the one year and each quarter is going to look like well in advance as well.
  • EA is a public company so shareholder meetings are available to the public. But I highly doubt they go into enough detail as to what is being released in a single game.

    Mostly just financial data. Likely that isn't broken down more than the susidary level. So they'll say how much capital games made but likely little more detail than that.

    They may have to get board approval for the road ahead but that isn't at the shareholders meeting.
    Ya imagine!
    - Revan did well in October.
    Cg shareholder- Malak better be coming out in Feb!

    Unless they also are a gamer, all they likely know is how much profits were in the 4th qtr. There is not a line item on the income stmt labeled revan income.
  • EA is a public company so shareholder meetings are available to the public. But I highly doubt they go into enough detail as to what is being released in a single game.

    Mostly just financial data. Likely that isn't broken down more than the susidary level. So they'll say how much capital games made but likely little more detail than that.

    They may have to get board approval for the road ahead but that isn't at the shareholders meeting.
    Ya imagine!
    - Revan did well in October.
    Cg shareholder- Malak better be coming out in Feb!

    Unless they also are a gamer, all they likely know is how much profits were in the 4th qtr. There is not a line item on the income stmt labeled revan income.

    Na i know was just playing around. It’s all green and red arrows for them.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Infidelius wrote: »
    Why are you expecting a Road Ahead?

    Because they said they would do one. They also said it may run a little late with the holidays.

    Road ahead running late? You don’t say
  • Nihion
    3002 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Infidelius wrote: »
    Why are you expecting a Road Ahead?

    Because they said they would do one. They also said it may run a little late with the holidays.

    That’s a really bad excuse...AKA “We failed to plan ahead and haven’t learned from the last botched road ahead, so we are gonna do it again.”

    Sorry, it just irritates me that they failed to meet a standard that they created and it looks like they will do it again. I hope I’m wrong.

    I don't believe in consistency here anymore.

    Anyone remember when the monthly calendar came before the month it was showing?

    Wait

    What’s consistency?
  • I heard from a game changer that CG has done away with doing road ahead. I highly doubt we get one this month... or going forward. Maybe blame the leaks?!

    The Devs have done away with communication period. They abolished communication with the community about 10 weeks after CG_Carrie promised more communication.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Infidelius wrote: »
    Why are you expecting a Road Ahead?

    Because they said they would do one. They also said it may run a little late with the holidays.

    That’s a really bad excuse...AKA “We failed to plan ahead and haven’t learned from the last botched road ahead, so we are gonna do it again.”

    Sorry, it just irritates me that they failed to meet a standard that they created and it looks like they will do it again. I hope I’m wrong.

    They cant release information earlier than they can due to the fact that the shareholders need to get the information first. It is possible that the shareholders meeting is scheduled later due to the holidays and therefore this needs to be released later.

    LMFAO

    MIGHT WANT TO TELL THE SHAREHOLDERS THAT A LOT OF PLAYERS INCLUDING MYSELF , NO LONGER SUPPORT THE GAME WITH IN GAME PURCHASES, DUE TO THE FADED COMMUNICATION (AMOUNG OTHER REASONS)
Sign In or Register to comment.