Where should the focus be?

Here are a few items that have been consistently brought up in discussions with fellow players:

1) Rule #1 for any game mode or new content should be - let players use the teams they have invested so much in. Almost any concept in which players can’t use toons they’ve spent time and/or money on is just a bad idea.

2) Before trying to introduce new modes or mess with existing modes; fix what’s broken. TW could be fun, GA could be amazing, but until matchmaking is addressed, they’re wasted potential. GP should be well down the list of factors. The playerbase has created bots that can tell one whether a matchup is good or bad. Its obvious most of the factors the players know are important are not part of matchmaking consideration. Reach out to your good players and use their feedback in coming up with a new system...please.

3) Be more proactive. So many times we’ve seen bad ideas needing to be rolled back. It’s tough to understand where these “overwhelmingly positive” responses are coming from, because it’s certainly not the opinion of the vast majority of the serious money-spending players I am in contact with. Is there a group of respected players that make up an advisory board that these ideas are bounced off of before you’ve wasted time and development pursuing bad ideas? It would take a minute for these players to make it clear when you’re barking up the wrong trees. The result so far in many cases has been an upset player base wondering how the developers could be so out of touch, along with lots of reactive effort to rollback and deviate course.

Some positive notes -

1) New toons have been spot on. Much better than the round of marquees including Holdo, Rose, KRU, FOX, etc... OR and Scoundrels have been really fun to play with and also well worth the effort to build them up.

2) GA was a great idea. The potential is amazing. To further tap into its potential, would suggest a true winner’s bracket formula that eventually results in the best of the best facing off. Would also be amazing to allow for “grudge matches”. Players argue who’s better all the time, but there is currently no way to settle the score. Let guildies or shardmates face off against each other to finally prove it.

3) Mods 2.0 was an amazing update. Thank you for that.

4) QOL enhancements have been much appreciated. Really like not having to scroll through the money packs to complete my dailies. Have stopped using any outside mod management tools because the one in-game is now really well thought out and usable.

This is meant to be constructive. For anyone commenting on this post, would ask that it remain so. Please don’t point out problems without suggesting the fix or enhancements. Let’s not just bash the devs, but let’s also be honest about our experiences.

Thanks for making a great game that so many of us have made a regular part of our daily routines. Thanks for continuing to develop and enhance it to further add value to our investment in you over the past couple of years.

Replies

• Tbh Holdo, KRU, Fox, etc. were the first marquees that CG started to turn the corner with. The toons that they used to make you farm to unlock other toons were horrible (here's looking at you Veteran Han & Vet Chewie 🤢). Players dont mind grinding out a panic farm if the toons are decent.

Also, I dont mind the restricted toons for tw. It wont last forever and could make for some compelling strategy during both the attack and defense phases.

The matchmaking though... ****... the matchmaking... It must be fixed! It could easily be fixed using a formula consisting of a balanced value system that weighs total mods with +15 and +20 speed, number of g12 toons, *and* total gp. I havent lost a single match of GA and it's not been close.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    WWWarrick wrote: »
    2) Before trying to introduce new modes or mess with existing modes; fix what’s broken. TW could be fun, GA could be amazing, but until matchmaking is addressed, they’re wasted potential. GP should be well down the list of factors. The playerbase has created bots that can tell one whether a matchup is good or bad. Its obvious most of the factors the players know are important are not part of matchmaking consideration. Reach out to your good players and use their feedback in coming up with a new system...please.

I don't agree that matchmaking in GA and TW is broken.

I believe it's intentional that players with strong rosters are mixed with players with weaker rosters (of the same total roster GP) in the 8-player groups in GA. Why shouldn't the players, who developed strong rosters benefit from their achievement? Why should they fight other strong players only? Mixing players of different strength (matching GP) is fair.

The TW we've had since the matchmaking was changed recently also seemed to bring good match-ups.
  • WWWarrick
    11 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Most players I know take zero pleasure from beating up on weaklings. It’s not about the rewards...which are pretty marginal tbh. Your post reminds of the dodgeball scene from Billy Madison, lol. A challenge would be far more satisfying.
  • Hi, I’ve been wanting you to do, is create a clone wars theme territory battle. On the planet of geonosis.
    Light side.
    New hero: Padme amidala, in her battle skin, she would be a great hero addition to this game as being an amazing leader and is really good and grants a lot of things to certain characters like C-3po, R2-D2, Anakin and clone wars Ahsoka Tano. And she can give them a lot of great buffs. And could make her a very powerful character that the clone wars era needs to put its self on the map. And the only way to get her shards is in the the territory battle.
    People leaders that you need for things, is general kanobi, anakin, one of the clones, padme.
    You can also do cool battles where we only use clones and stuff like that.

Darkside:
    New hero: droideka an really cool droid to add to the separates army with their shields and everything, and can only get its shards in territory war. For leaders that you need is count dooku, general grievous, droideka and poggle the lesser. And have a battle where you need all the geonosians in a battle.
    This would be really fun for the people who play this game and love clone wars cause I feel we really get forgotten and I want padme in this game and would be a really good leader for the repubjlic