Low GP Raid Suggestion

We have a development guild for our main and I have noticed even with daily participation, the 20 or so members can only contribute so much, and raiding is pretty much impossible on a weekly or even monthly basis. Would it be possible to reduce the number of tickets needed for NON-HEROIC tiers so they can enjoy raids and build rosters quicker? New players are not going to mortgage the house to play this game. If they advance quicker and build better rosters they will be more likely to invest more time and even money when they see a light at the end of the grind tunnel. Joining a larger guild is not going to happen since they want higher GP, better rosters, etc. If the game ignores new players the game is not going to grow much past it's current level.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The number of tickets needed and the limits put on generation are there in part to promote a healthy or full guild. While this can be a difficult situation for a developing guild, I don't see them changing that.

There are many alliances out there that keep full lower gp guild to help people develop.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    The number of tickets needed and the limits put on generation are there in part to promote a healthy or full guild. While this can be a difficult situation for a developing guild, I don't see them changing that.

There are many alliances out there that keep full lower gp guild to help people develop.

Is that the official word on this? Seriously asking.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Kyno wrote: »

There was an official comment about tw along the lines of why would be change anything for a half full guild.

A full guild is a healthy guild and a half guild is a broken guild was the impression I got.
  • Naraic wrote: »

There was an official comment about tw along the lines of why would be change anything for a half full guild.

A full guild is a healthy guild and a half guild is a broken guild was the impression I got.

Yeah, mmo mentality, get good or quit playing I guess.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I’m not sure I understand why new players can’t play in full guilds with other new players. If there are a bunch of half-full guilds of new players out there that can’t get enough raid tickets, can’t they merge and make full guilds?
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Liath wrote: »
    I’m not sure I understand why new players can’t play in full guilds with other new players. If there are a bunch of half-full guilds of new players out there that can’t get enough raid tickets, can’t they merge and make full guilds?

Higher GP guilds are being forced to only take members with similar rosters. New low GP members are pushed into robo guilds, and lost in the void. Our dev guild has players working at the speed they are comfortable with. Which due to the current system means little or no raiding. And with so much of the gear behind raid walls they will never get much better. The game thinks this will cause them to pay money or quit, which the game seems to be fine with either way.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I doubt this will change as stated above. You probably will have to do some active recruitment for your dev guild to get the tickets boosted if you really want it fixed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I doubt this will change as stated above. You probably will have to do some active recruitment for your dev guild to get the tickets boosted if you really want it fixed.

You are probably right. I am having to play my alts more often in hopes of helping it, which goes against why I parked them. lol Hamster wheels.. ya gotta love em.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member

Higher GP guilds are being forced to only take members with similar rosters. New low GP members are pushed into robo guilds, and lost in the void. Our dev guild has players working at the speed they are comfortable with. Which due to the current system means little or no raiding. And with so much of the gear behind raid walls they will never get much better. The game thinks this will cause them to pay money or quit, which the game seems to be fine with either way.

So the issue is with the starter guilds, because you can’t find enough new players that are interested in being in a non-starter guild to fill yours?
  • Liath wrote: »

So the issue is with the starter guilds, because you can’t find enough new players that are interested in being in a non-starter guild to fill yours?

Well I didn't think about that, but yes.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Naraic wrote: »

Yeah, mmo mentality, get good or quit playing I guess.

Or be happy with what you achieve in your incomplete guild.