Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    [*] While the community votes, the Dev team will hold their own poll and pick 1 out of 4 groups of characters to keep as well (For this Territory War, we’re publishing the groups that we’ll choose from ahead of time. See our potential picks in the Dev Poll Options
    Also didn’t notice this before but this strongly insinuates this won’t be a one-time-only event.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Comet19 wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    [*] While the community votes, the Dev team will hold their own poll and pick 1 out of 4 groups of characters to keep as well (For this Territory War, we’re publishing the groups that we’ll choose from ahead of time. See our potential picks in the Dev Poll Options
    Also didn’t notice this before but this strongly insinuates this won’t be a one-time-only event.
    Yeah, there is other verbage throughout the post that implied the next TW banning won't be decided by the community but by CG entirely
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    I'm not playing TW until it's back to the original. Sorry @CG_SBCrumb but y'alls ideas here are horrible. I'll find another phone game to invest in
  • Gannon wrote: »
    I'm not playing TW until it's back to the original. Sorry @CG_SBCrumb but y'alls ideas here are horrible. I'll find another phone game to invest in

Same. This is a terrible idea and I’ll just be a liability to my guild with these toon bans.
  • Also, the whole premise that GA is more competitive because of matchmaking and therefore will be the mode where “serious competition” will take place is frankly kitty litter. GA is a bug fest that I personally find frustrating, while I’ve always enjoyed TW because of the guild-wide strategy.
    Plus, if that were the case, why did we get such crap rewards last GA?
  • AceCV
    993 posts Member
    The number of chars banned its only a detail....the real problem is the principle behind it since the all idea is based on rosters limitations.

To make it even worst the way they found to roll it out (internet polls without any control or fiability) is just ridiculous.

I personally don't believe they will call this stupid idea off now (without trying it a couple of times)... but I hope they listen to feedback (that have everything to be bad) after it happens.
  • DarthBarron
    339 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I will "gently" remind CG that their game advertisment, among other things, states that for TW you get to "Show your dominance when you face off in games against other Guilds to conquer territories and top global leaderboards in Territory War." This is clearly meant to be a competitive game mode and has been treated as such.

You are fundamentally altering a stated game function in your game promotion. This isn't an interaction that isn't working as intended, or a bug, it is changing content after players have made purchases based on your advertisement.

I would tread carefully in waters you are now crossing into.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • AceCV wrote: »
    The number of chars banned its only a detail....the real problem is the principle behind it since the all idea is based on rosters limitations.

To make it even worst the way they found to roll it out (internet polls without any control or fiability) is just ridiculous.

I personally don't believe they will call this stupid idea off now (without trying it a couple of times)... but I hope they listen to feedback (that have everything to be bad) after it happens.

Perferably with a survey done through an in-game notification. But I’m sure they wouldn’t want to know what the majority of people will say about it after finding out once TW has already started.
  • altering a stated game function in your game promotion.

"altering" just triggered …

mt9ikx5bol2t.jpg

And yes, i'm feeling like Boba Fett right now.

Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    It probably has more votes than there are players but they see it as a great vote turn out.
  • altering a stated game function in your game promotion.

"altering" just triggered …

mt9ikx5bol2t.jpg

And yes, i'm feeling like Boba Fett right now.

I approve of this Trigger.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Just checking in. Looks like radio silence from cg still. Whoever approved this idea should never be allowed to present their ideas ever again.
  • Event CHalendar has been edited -> https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/191759/event-calendar-january#latest

GA moved on Jan. 19th
    TB DS scheduled for Jan. 21st

TWs moved by 1 day
    and 2 TWs added on Jan. 28th and Jan. 31st
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Crumb did post about the 3 dev vs 1 dev group thing....somewhere. It was only semi-hidden.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • For the vast majority of the world, it’s evening on the 9th.
    It would be awesome if the community communication on these things came out a bit earlier in the day, as opposed to almost always be late at night for most/the next day.

And yes, I am still hoping and expecting to hear something from CG on the upcoming TWs and their fate.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    For the vast majority of the world, it’s evening on the 9th.
    It would be awesome if the community communication on these things came out a bit earlier in the day, as opposed to almost always be late at night for most/the next day.

It's noon in California.
  • TVF wrote: »
    It's noon in California.

Yes? This would mean they’ve been in the office for what, 4 hours and should have had some time to get their coffee and get to the keyboard.
    I’m aware that they are at GMT-8, most of the world ain’t, that’s my only point.
    And a ask that they try to plan for this when doing announcements. Instead of doing them 4pm their local.
  • Wait am I reading the changes correctly? It’s now 20 characters banned instead of 28? That’s it? Please tell me I’m wrong.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    It's noon in California.

Yes? This would mean they’ve been in the office for what, 4 hours and should have had some time to get their coffee and get to the keyboard.
    I’m aware that they are at GMT-8, most of the world ain’t, that’s my only point.
    And a ask that they try to plan for this when doing announcements. Instead of doing them 4pm their local.

If I know how most California-based offices work and their "work ethic" they have NOT been in the office for 4 hours at noon. I'd be shocked if it was more than 2. I have several business associates and friends on the West Coast....and I'll just leave it at that.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Anyway what's the difference? Will an extra 8 hours really be the difference in victory and defeat for the TW that starts....next week?
  • I’m trying to reserve judgment but if there are 1,700 posts saying we absolutely hate this idea and the only change they made was reducing it from 28 banned characters to 20, then they didn’t read this feedback thread at all. Reducing from 28 to 20 does virtually nothing to address all the people’s complaints.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    RiseUp2002 wrote: »
    Hey guys!

Hi! How are you?
  • is this Austin?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Anyway what's the difference? Will an extra 8 hours really be the difference in victory and defeat for the TW that starts....next week?

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me. I know the news is going to be bad - so who cares when it comes down?

It honestly amazes me how much of this game's content CG has ruined and made unpleasant since August of 2017.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me. I know the news is going to be bad - so who cares when it comes down?

It honestly amazes me how much of this game's content CG has ruined and made unpleasant since August of 2017.

August actually came? Was that with the GG rework?
This discussion has been closed.