The Galactic War: Update and Changes. (Merged Threads)

Prev13456789
Baulder001
39 posts Member
edited March 2016
I logged into the game after the posted update I restarted GW. I immediately noticed that lower level and less "geared" teams out-perform my squad. I seem to miss and have my attacks being dodged more. The teams I face seem to do a lot more critical damage than mine as well.
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• sony180
    0 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Tell my how can i win this battle??? You made the game IMPOSSIBLE!!!! I'm lvl 56 :neutral:
  • You can't. Apparently this is the new design. I've been reading for a month that they know it's a problem and are working on a fix. Starting to think that is a load of ****. I am also a level 56 and yesterday my first battle was an entire lineup of purples level 70 players. Never got to do much as hit a button before they killed my entire squad. That was the suicide squad. Did the same to every char I had. Didn't even manage to win the first one. Today is was gear level 8 5-6 star level 60s on my third match. So it's a catch 22. Need to gear/star/level your characters which sadly requires doing well in GW to gain the credits and shards which you can't do with current matchings. There is a huge number of complaints on here about it but I don't see any changes. Same with gear drops. Might be time for me to find a new game.
  • Terrai
    117 posts Member
    Truly ridiculous, and I think many players have left the game already. When they roll out the fix, I think they should give everyone a significant crystal gift. You can't undo the bug, but you can show your customers that you care.
  • Agreed.
  • Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    They completely messed up GW with this patch. It's harder than ever.
  • Kurgen
    226 posts Member
    I think the update hit my GW mm.

For the first time in a number of weeks, I have seen my first lvl70 team at node 6 and it was 4 and 5 star.

First 5 nodes done in 2 full turns.

Will update on the next ones when I get some more time to play.

Super easy so far...... Like free credits.

Not sure if this is a good thing yet.... See what the second half of GW s like.
  • Not sure what was done to GW, but now after doing the restart I'm hitting 70s with level 8 gear at 3rd round...seems to have the opposite intended affect on me.

Anyone know what exactly the matches are based on??
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Not sure if it effected me or not but today was the first time I had to retreat in about a month. Much better!
  • CollinF
    203 posts Member
    It was easy for me before he update, hopefully it stays the same. We'll find out in 25 minutes
  • Kurgen
    226 posts Member
    Nodes 7 to 10 lvl70 but not a full star team yet.

First time in ages I haven't had to retreat.....
  • Kurgen wrote: »
    I think the update hit my GW mm.

For the first time in a number of weeks, I have seen my first lvl70 team at node 6 and it was 4 and 5 star.

First 5 nodes done in 2 full turns.

Did you restart GW today after the announcement? That's the only way according what Jesse said would change your GW matchmaking.
  • Panna
    210 posts Member
    CollinF wrote: »
    It was easy for me before he update, hopefully it stays the same. We'll find out in 25 minutes

That we will my friend, mine has been increasingly difficult. I've been unable to finish a few times in the last week or so. I think the update was meant to balance it for everyone, so for people who had really easy GW the update will make it a little harder, and the opposite for people who have had difficult GW.
    ARK - Alliance Of Rebel Knights | Editor & Graphics Designer | https://swgoh.gg/u/panna/
  • Terrai
    117 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Before the 3/3 update, a dev confirmed it was based on arena squad power. Based on your experiences post-patch, what do you think it's based on now?

To make it through GW during the "days of the bug", I kept my arena squad power about 5k below my best squad's power. This worked successfully and I cleared GW easily every day.

Today, GW was significantly harder, with most of my opponents at least level 60 (I am 57). I still beat it and I'm not complaining, but the big jump in difficulty makes me wonder if GW opponents are still based on your arena squad.

I'm willing to bet some crystals and an ugnaught that GW opponents are now based on player level, not arena squad power.

Have you guys noticed a similar change? Especially those of you who were limiting arena power to make GW easier.

If so, it's time to bring out our full power in arena and have some fun!
  • Brom
    236 posts Member
    I think level might have a small weighting in the matchmaking formula
  • CollinF
    203 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    And now after this "fix" I'm facing 7* purple geared teams! Really??? Before GW was a breeze for me, now I see what u guys were complaining about. I'm a level 61 btw with this as my team: 7* Sid, 6* Lumi, 6* JC, 5* Fives, and 5* Tusken Raider. I normally wouldn't be mad because u know so many other people get this but the "fix" literally made it 10x harder for me. :(
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Post edited by cosmicturtle333 on
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Is this another fix that just made things worse? Like the "fix" to credit and droid events that literally nobody even uses anymore because theyre so bad now lolz

I feel your pain but ive been fighting nothing but 7* lvl 70 purple gear teams for weeks straight now so im used to it
  • Terrai
    117 posts Member
    Brom wrote: »
    I think level might have a small weighting in the matchmaking formula

I would love to see EA comment on this, but for now we'll just have to go with anecdotal evidence.

Was anyone else limiting arena squad power to make GW easy? If so, how did your GW experience change since the update?
  • Arillian
    240 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm not looking forward to tomorrow!

I've had a rough week. Some rough max Poggle teams by node 3, but my bench has been deep enough to keep me clearing. I'm a bit worried I'll get more meta match ups every mode with update.
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Why can they not just TELL us what the change was!?
  • Kurgen
    226 posts Member
    I think I did refresh after the announcement.

Nodes 7 onwards lvl 70. Only 1 with full star team. Teams gradually got harder but considering I built my roster to beat 8 to 10 full star purple 70 teams in a row, it was a breeze.

First time in ages I haven't had to retreat or lost any chars.

Free credits for me today. Will see if it is the same tomorrow.
  • CollinF
    203 posts Member
    Panna wrote: »

That we will my friend, mine has been increasingly difficult. I've been unable to finish a few times in the last week or so. I think the update was meant to balance it for everyone, so for people who had really easy GW the update will make it a little harder, and the opposite for people who have had difficult GW.

Yep. Look at my thread. Sure enough, on my 6th battle there's a lv70 7* team. Can't believe this I wouldn't even go against any 7* characters before. :(
  • Kurgen
    226 posts Member
    Was much easier for me. Before today I had purple 7 star lvl 70's from node 2.

Today the teams started at lvl 60 and progressively got harder. Lvl 70 teams started at node 6 as 4 and 5 star team and moved up to a 7 star team at node 11. 12 was a 6/7 combo.

First time in 3 weeks I completed with no retreats and no lost chars....
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    And now after this "fix" I'm facing 7* purple geared teams! Really??? Before GW was a breeze for me, now I see what u guys were complaining about. I'm a level 61 btw with this as my team: 7* Sid, 6* Lumi, 6* JC, 5* Fives, and 5* Tusken Raider. I normally wouldn't be mad because u know so many other people get this but the "fix" literally made it 10x harder for me. :(

You say you are facing 7 star purple teams now and you didn't before?? What level are they?

Oh and @BentWookie your post edits have got me laughing so hard I'm cryin. loool
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Edited the post title, if the words you use are coming up with "***" (especially in the header) try to use something else.

My title means essentially the same thing in the context your word was used and is a *Lot* more user friendly!

(Note I could have just got rid of the thread but your premise has value to the whole community, just try to tone it down and we all win)

Thanks!
    Post edited by BentWookiee on
  • CollinF
    203 posts Member
    J7000 wrote: »

You say you are facing 7 star purple teams now and you didn't before?? What level are they?

Oh and @BentWookie your post edits have got me laughing so hard I'm cryin. loool

Yeah I had never faced a team with all 7* before this update, only one or two per team. I barely squeaked by that on I mentioned and two battles later here comes one im definitly not beating. 7* Sid,7* Lumi, 7* Kylo, 6* JC, and 7* Phasma. :(
  • This is the worst one I've ever done. From before the halfway point, all the teams are as strong as mine (level 69 full gear). Just drew my 2nd all 70 purple in a row on the 7th node. Hope the fix just hasn't taken yet. :(
  • Arillian
    240 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    So just from some experience with "them" saying they improved or made something better: please see training droid and credit mining keycard battles vs events.

I hope I'm wrong, but my expectation is that the forums will be on fire tomorrow about GW being even more difficult. Please be wrong
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • CollinF
    203 posts Member
    GruyloRen wrote: »
    This is the worst one I've ever done. From before the halfway point, all the teams are as strong as mine (level 69 full gear). Just drew my 2nd all 70 purple in a row on the 7th node. Hope the fix just hasn't taken yet. :(
    Same here. First time this is happening to me too I used to be on of the lucky ones :(
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    My server is still barely at level 70 so usually GW wasn't so bad but now I've hit 7 7* full gear teams in a row :o , still 3 matches left but it's so time consuming when it's this hard.
    But I'm hoping today is just a once off thing and it gets back to normal tomorrow. Those really hard days will always happen. But hopefully not every day from now on