Who's my 5th rebel?

Prev1
Hi guys

I'm sometimes running my rebel team in various game modes.

The team currently consists of
CLS
RHan
Chewie
R2
and Biggs :/

Biggs ofc. being the odd one out here... I am mostly using him because he's G12 due to fleet, but he just seems a bit misplaced?

I'd guess most of you'd argue old Ben, but he's in my Jedi team currently, so he's off limits...

Who's my 5th rebel in Old Ben's absence?

Replies

• Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I'd go for Bistan and make sure he's the weakest so he gets Guard. Four-turn frenzy plus Guard = Chewbacca machine gunning assist and just ruining everyone.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Fulcrum? One of my faves
  • You don’t have a tank. While you might not need one per se I’d put old ben as your fifth. 3PO is killer but I doubt you have him
  • FREEDOMfrom
    474 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I'd say Fulcrum or Old Ben. Fulcrum adding protection on every hit is very nice.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    In TW/GA I run this team but Wedge instead of R2. Seriously. I use R2 with JTR and C3PO with Ewoks and my Old Ben is Old Trash. It's a great smashy smashy team.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Princess would not be a terrible choice. Synergizes well with R2 if you get smokescreen off before her turn.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Baze and chirrut id cram in there for r2 and Biggs.

Prepare to Move r2 to Rjt if/when you get her.
  • Nebulous wrote: »
    Baze and chirrut id cram in there for r2 and Biggs.

Prepare to Move r2 to Rjt if/when you get her.

^this

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Chaze is the backbone of a good Rogue One squad though. Especially for LSTB.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

It’s one battle in one mode once a month.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Chaze is good to have. My Baze has 84k of protection. Chiruut hits hard, heals, and has synergy with Baze. Neb you were suggesting to replace R2/Biggs with Chaze, right?
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Nebulous wrote: »

It’s one battle in one mode once a month.

Two battles, and you can use also Rogue One in TW and GA. They're a good team on offense.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Chaze is good to have. My Baze has 84k of protection. Chiruut hits hard, heals, and has synergy with Baze. Neb you were suggesting to replace R2/Biggs with Chaze, right?

Yup. Also, if you are a player who like to have cls guarded, you can stack HP on baze since he will give 20% of *his* HP to chirriut and you can work with mods to get chirrut hp/prot above cls so han and cls get the guard.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    You don’t need baze for the first r1 but sure I’ll xoncede it’s now 1 mode, 2 battles, once a month.

And I won’t debate tw/ga with you. I’m certain we are on different levels.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    My mods need slicing but still..
    Baze: https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/characters/baze-malbus
    Chirruut: https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/characters/chirrut-imwe

OP, best LS Tank is GK, but you specified rebel so..

https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/characters/general-kenobi
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    You don’t need baze for the first r1 but sure I’ll xoncede it’s now 1 mode, 2 battles, once a month.

Ok, Big Deal. You're right, not everyone is on your level.

• Nebulous
    1476 posts Member

I’m being honest. R1 is a mediocre squad at best. TB requires r1 in p2 and p6. P2 is a gimme win. P6 can be more challenging so yea, baze is a backbone here. But for Tb, cls han and chewie can win the rebel node just like that. So, I took his question to be more oriented towards arena/tw/ga. So there is little reason to not make the best squad he can rather than an above average rebel team and mediocre r1.

@hardvig wants to know a 5th rebel to play with. If he is deadset on running r2 here, then I’d use obi. He said obi is already earmarked for Jedi. So atf, leia, chs or srp. I happpen to believe chaze will make his rebel squad elite and shifting r2 to Rjt if/when he has her will give him two elite squads.

I wouldn’t plan my squads around trying to keep r1 intact.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

I’m being honest. R1 is a mediocre squad at best. TB requires r1 in p2 and p6. P2 is a gimme win. P6 can be more challenging so yea, baze is a backbone here. But for Tb, cls han and chewie can win the rebel node just like that. So, I took his question to be more oriented towards arena/tw/ga. So there is little reason to not make the best squad he can rather than an above average rebel team and mediocre r1.

@hardvig wants to know a 5th rebel to play with. If he is deadset on running r2 here, then I’d use obi. He said obi is already earmarked for Jedi. So atf, leia, chs or srp. I happpen to believe chaze will make his rebel squad elite and shifting r2 to Rjt if/when he has her will give him two elite squads.

I did but I'm not on your level.

Everyone's situation is different. My OB is terrible, as is my CHS and SRTP and ATF. My Leia is good but I use her under Ackbar with zBarris and two other healers. My squad comps work for my roster and work well.

But maybe it wouldn't work for OP. That's fine.

• Nebulous
    1476 posts Member

Everyone's situation is different. My OB is terrible, as is my CHS and SRTP and ATF. My Leia is good but I use her under Ackbar with zBarris and two other healers. My squad comps work for my roster and work well.

I suppose our first question to the Op should have been, which rebels do you have available? Then we could have suggested something and then given insight on what to build towards.

I think it’s now in the OPs court. I’d said who I feel is the best and he got many other good options too.
  • Bistan TBH.
    Operation metaverse showed how lethal this team is.
    A true anti-meta team.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

I suppose our first question to the Op should have been, which rebels do you have available? Then we could have suggested something and then given insight on what to build towards.

I think it’s now in the OPs court. I’d said who I feel is the best and he got many other good options too.

Here I agree.

OP it's always best to post a gg link when asking these kinds of questions.
  • To OP,

Just for the purpose of answering your question, I think C3PO would do great as your fifth.
    Your first 3 are already attackers, R2 could function as your makeshift tank.

For balanced offense/defense, I would drop R2 and add a Healer/Cleanser + Tank on your 4th and 5th.
    Chirrut+Baze
    CHS (if you want to keep R2)
  • Scottacus
    43 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I notice no one's mentioning Stormtrooper Han as the 5th. I'm in almost exactly the same situation as the OP and I've been running STH as the 5th. Chewbacca puts Guard on both Hans so STH finally becomes a viable tank for me. Between his taunt and R2's smokescreen, Rolo/Chewie are free to wail away---not to mention CLS doing his thing.

Since adding Chewie (and STH for that matter), I went from around 500-700 on my shard to around 150-200. I'm not mentioning that to impress anyone---everyone's shard is different and mine is probably pretty weak---but it's a frame of reference.

I do have Chaze available to me, but at the moment I'd rather keep R2 in the mix. Someone suggested using Bistan and that sounds like a great idea with all the extra attacks for Chewie, so I'm going to work on getting him geared up so I can play with that.

You can view my team here: https://swgoh.gg/p/299856229/
  • Seriously why are we suggesting STH, Chaze etc.....insane
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RBKUIDqj6bU
  • Don't use old ben, he's a joke
    He stands no chance against your typical teams you see. He doesn't have the potency to stop my squad, the defense to make taunting worth it, nor the health to survive, sometimes he's dead before he goes, etc.

If you can figure out how to make him a character that survives, tell me
  • Valaraukar
    150 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Try stormtrooper han, provided you want a tank
  • Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Valaraukar wrote: »
    Don't use old ben, he's a joke
    He stands no chance against your typical teams you see. He doesn't have the potency to stop my squad, the defense to make taunting worth it, nor the health to survive, sometimes he's dead before he goes, etc.

If you can figure out how to make him a character that survives, tell me

Old Ben is literally one of the best tanks in the game! Mind Tricks, taunts after dispel etc....
    Here’s an example of a badly modded Old Ben - imagine what he reaches with Good mods:
    cges9qlqfmou.png
  • Yeah Old Ben is amazing.

But Id say Storm Han or Bistan for that team.

As a complete speculation: With the OG Falcon coming I'm expecting Akbar/Rebels to start rising in fleet, so gearing Bistan may pay off. He is a pretty good ship anyway. Maybe a Red 5 at some Point next year too.
  • GK but if you really want a rebel then Old Ben
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Yeah Old Ben is amazing.

But Id say Storm Han or Bistan for that team.

As a complete speculation: With the OG Falcon coming I'm expecting Akbar/Rebels to start rising in fleet, so gearing Bistan may pay off. He is a pretty good ship anyway. Maybe a Red 5 at some Point next year too.

OB is a great Hero. I run Bastila, Ezra, GMY, GK, OB in the arena. Sounds crazy but it works.