The Galactic War: Update and Changes. (Merged Threads)

Replies

• I'm at level 70. My GW tonight didn't seem any different. I still think it goes off arena power
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    I just beat it with it ease and using the same team all the way through I'm lvl 70

QGJ (leader)
    Lumi
    Daka
    RG
    GS

• I'm at level 70. My GW tonight didn't seem any different. I still think it goes off arena power

My arena power is no different than usual. I'm usually in the 80s / 90's in rank, and my team is up one level from yesterday, so a minor power increase. I haven't even lost a character in GW in the last 3 weeks on this account, and I'm 3 nodes from the end, having gone through 4 level 68-70 teams in a row, and am down almost all my main characters. Like DV27 said, hopefully it's just a bad draw, since you and others have said you're not seeing a big difference, and tomorrow will be better.
  • GW was a bit too easy.
  • Done in maybe 30 minutes....
  • Terrai
    117 posts Member
    Why can they not just TELL us what the change was!?

It would be incredibly useful for strategy... I hope there will be an official response there sure isn't anything yet.
  • Done in maybe 30 minutes....

That's what mine was usually like on my primary account. Spent over an hour tonight and lost too many characters to continue 3 nodes from the end.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Done in maybe 30 minutes....
    Usually takes me 45min or so. Today I'm on 2 hours and still not finished. hoping it's just a once off though
  • I'll see in a couple of hours if mine changed but I usually have 68-70 and mostly 7* teams from node 2-3 on. I'm almost 27k in my highest arena and mostly a top 50 finisher. Should be interesting.
  • Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    I only made 300 credits from this gw. Didn't it used to pay out more?
  • TheKevinlyFather
    214 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I had been keeping my arena power at or below 21k intentionally. I had MUCH easier GW's prior to the update to GW mm. Like you, I still finished. But, it definitely took more retreats and suicide squads than a typical GW
  • Jekiza
    9 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I see no difference after the update. I restarted under 30 minutes ago and my 5 star level 61 team ran into 5 level 70's with one 5* two 6* and two 7* on node 5. I did win after a lone Jedi ate dooku first stun but only because I lucked out with chewi not using his taunt so I got a quick kill on dooku after Sid was dead.
  • Terrai
    117 posts Member
    If I was the devs, I would never reveal the formula. Otherwise people will just exploit/manipulate it, the players are very clever! There are a few combining factors, they may let you know one, but not everything.

Yeah I can see the argument both ways. It's interesting that they did tell us (via Reddit posts) about the last GW algorithm. It was enough for some of us to beat GW consistently even when the bug was in beatdown mode.
  • Terrai
    117 posts Member
    I had been keeping my arena power at or below 21k intentionally. I had MUCH easier GW's prior to the update to GW mm. Like you, I still finished. But, it definitely took more retreats and suicide squads than a typical GW

Interesting, sounds like the exact same experience. Are you going to try upping your arena squad power to see if it makes a difference? If you do, let me know if your difficulty jumps...

I think I will try upping my arena power as well. Without official comment, I guess that's the only way to test our theory.
  • Embo
    39 posts Member
    I reset in 10 minutes and now I'm scared. I was one of the lucky ones that was getting through GW every day with relative ease. We shall see *biting nails*
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I usually play like 4-6 node before i got to sleep, during lunch i try to knock off couple more. At night time i try to complete it. So i think i had spend around 45 mins to 1hours.

My usually GW , not for weaksauce.. http://imgur.com/a/dabBy
  • Arillian wrote: »
    So just from some experience with "them" saying they improved or made something better: please see training droid and credit mining keycard battles vs events.

I hope I'm wrong, but my expectation is that the forums will be on fire tomorrow about GW being even more difficult. Please be wrong

I've only lost one GW, and that was the second one I've done, so I can be a good judge of it when it resets for me in an hour. Fingers crossed it's not more of a pain.
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • DrezenBey
    1 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Something has seriously been messed with the update... level 70 7 star characters from the 3rd node? Whilst I understand a curve of difficulty it's become a brick wall. If I want a hard fight I play the squad arena battles not GW
  • VIII wrote: »
    I just beat it with it ease and using the same team all the way through I'm lvl 70

QGJ (leader)
    Lumi
    Daka
    RG
    GS

I used Lumi, Daka, GS and a mix of an additional char that could be a taunter, Sid, IG-88, Dooku, or IG-86.

Was the easiest GW in about a year and a half if not more.the most important thing was that the AI didn't become relentless at focus fire. Maybe some team compositions confuse the AI? Teams where still scary but not like nightmare. Just nice dangerous but not max synergy-unbeatable.
  • I just cleared mine. It had fewer level 70 teams than usual, but it wasn't a big change in difficulty. Hard to tell if it's due to the change or just normal variation. I'm level 70, usually place in the teens or 20s in arena.
  • TheKevinlyFather
    214 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Keeping toons lower than player level currently and plan to keep trying it for a while. Might just have been a tough pull today. http://imgur.com/Ko7GjCh

Here were my last few matches (I'm player lvl 70):
    http://imgur.com/uaK1ly1
    http://imgur.com/nNEQlfg
    http://imgur.com/nUcNiJ5
    http://imgur.com/gXqzSH5
  • Chun
    52 posts Member
    Well the patch increased GW difficulty dramatically for me, I could normally get through without too much problem, now I face tough groups from node 1.

Also has anyone else noticed the nerf to the money it dishes it out, for example nose 1 was 15k, now 7k.
  • Well I must say this update has changed GW. I was fighting beastly teams typically 10/12 that forced me to retreat and try RNG luck and use and mange heals and some subs. Today Idid not use a single heal until fight 7. I faced 6 teams that were actually any competition at all, only 3 actually put up any kind of real fight.

I think for the sanity of the majority this update was good. I will say, and may catch some flack for it. I liked it much harder like it was. Where I'd get challenged, frustrated, forced to sacrifice not just fodder, but key characters strategically. My squad power is over 28k for arena, the GW squad I run is 2k less power and I breezed. I loved the challenge, the getting pounded on. The doubt that crept in as to will this be the first in over 60+ strait I fail. It was exciting.

GW gave me a challenge. The challenges are cake walks, the hard missions are cake walks, arena(except 9pm-midnight were RNG is crazy against me and absent for me) is a cake walk. GW offered me a test, a challenge, despite having a deep bench.

I'm happy the update was made for others and I won't complain about it as it showed EA/CG was listening to their gamers and took action for them. I'll just say I missed the challenge.
  • Chun wrote: »
    Well the patch increased GW difficulty dramatically for me, I could normally get through without too much problem, now I face tough groups from node 1.

Also has anyone else noticed the nerf to the money it dishes it out, for example nose 1 was 15k, now 7k.

They really nerfed the money?!??! ****?!? They really want us to spend actual $$$$ on credits don't they?
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Tokens too
  • same issue with me as well. The last month has been tough getting through and today was no different. Full 7* maxed opponents from the 3rd fight to the last. Lost almost my whole roster. What a joke....
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Has anyone noticed that the credits for GW has been reduced?

Did they really? My GW became way harder so I couldn't finish to tell. But if they did then that's probably the end of the game for me. Credits shortage is such a problem and GW is the only source :s