Bounty hunters! We don't need their scum. [MEGA]

Replies

• HK22
    644 posts Member
    To answer the question, I was around for the initial release of the Chimera and got it to 6 stars under the old system, I believe. The change to Home One, the two required Phoenix ships,and a Rebel was a welcome change, but this event does not follow the structure they have established. This event is requiring four ships and allowing any capital ship that is sufficiently starred. If they were going to keep it consistent with the Chimera event it should be any three Bounty Hunter ships.

But consistency is something this game is not known for.........please see the lack of zetas on General Kenobi for further details.
  • not surprised like always... At least I only need IG-2000 from 4* to 5*.... But is it evwn possible to get 65 shards in time??
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    not surprised like always... At least I only need IG-2000 from 4* to 5*.... But is it evwn possible to get 65 shards in time??
    Yes. Its pretty easy if you refresh the node twice a day
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    not surprised like always... At least I only need IG-2000 from 4* to 5*.... But is it evwn possible to get 65 shards in time??
    Yes. Its pretty easy if you refresh the node twice a day

I hope I make it then ;)
  • Falcon requirement for Jedi Luke is what I worry about as well. In a week I'll have 2 x 7* BH and 1 x 5* & 1 x 3*, based on current farming. But I could toss out all my other farming to boost IG-2000 up to 5* quickly enough, I think, to make unlock possible.

At that point, ... what? If Jedi Luke is a Hero's Journey, and all toons must be at 7* (as they usually are required to be), then a 5* Falcon gets you what?

Probably nothing.

So this tells me that either
    1) Falcon isn't required
    2) literally no one will get Jedi Luke on the first pass.

Oy.

You know, I really thought this was going to be a smuggler-oriented event. It makes sense. Falcon is a smuggling ship and Bounty Hunters NEVER captured the Falcon, and there are more cargo ship options than BH ships.

But nope! I actually defended EA/cG from the pessimistic assumption that it would be BH ships based on the fact that Slave1 is also a cargo ship and cargo ships/Smugglers made more sense than BH for the event since not one BH set foot on the Falcon - EVER.

This ... this is a choice I don't like.
  • Edison wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »
    Any four? There are only four frigin Bounty Hunter ships in the game. Are all four ships required or is this event like the Chimera where three from the faction are required? There is a huge difference between the two.
    You are aware of the fact that prior to ships 2.0 , all 6 existing rebel ships + Home I were needed to unlock...? And I liked it the way it was, it made me really proud when I finally had achieved it. The harder something is to get, the more value it has in the long run. B)

And to everyone else, can you imagine that the term "any" is just a standard term for these kind of events, nothing more, nothing less. Well I can't believe that I just scrolled through 2 pages of posts about such a nitpick.

I mean, it's fairly insulting in general with all of the changes and everything. But looking beyond this current round for the event - we know there will be more BH ships released in the future, and this wording is intended so it can just will carry over to when we have more than 4 to choose from. It does just make them look like they don't know what they're doing though.
    4 ships only makes the main fleet + 1 reinforcement, and I guess the event itself will be difficult enough that the reinforcement will be needed to win anyway - I have no problem with that. And what you said is exactly the point: it's so obvious that the term includes the opportunity for more ships of this category in the future, and when that happens, they won't have to change anything about the wording for the reoccurring event again. It's the same wording as for other newer events of the last time, so why is such a practice worth the mention at all?
  • HK22 wrote: »
    To answer the question, I was around for the initial release of the Chimera and got it to 6 stars under the old system, I believe. The change to Home One, the two required Phoenix ships,and a Rebel was a welcome change, but this event does not follow the structure they have established. This event is requiring four ships and allowing any capital ship that is sufficiently starred. If they were going to keep it consistent with the Chimera event it should be any three Bounty Hunter ships.

But consistency is something this game is not known for.........please see the lack of zetas on General Kenobi for further details.

@HK22

I am pretty sure that as they have stated, they will provide a capital ship. Meaning you don't get to choose. but in order to go for 7* you need to have a 7* cap ship. But you don't get to use yours.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • CadoaBane wrote: »
    Edison wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »
    Any four? There are only four frigin Bounty Hunter ships in the game. Are all four ships required or is this event like the Chimera where three from the faction are required? There is a huge difference between the two.
    You are aware of the fact that prior to ships 2.0 , all 6 existing rebel ships + Home I were needed to unlock...? And I liked it the way it was, it made me really proud when I finally had achieved it. The harder something is to get, the more value it has in the long run. B)

And to everyone else, can you imagine that the term "any" is just a standard term for these kind of events, nothing more, nothing less. Well I can't believe that I just scrolled through 2 pages of posts about such a nitpick.

I mean, it's fairly insulting in general with all of the changes and everything. But looking beyond this current round for the event - we know there will be more BH ships released in the future, and this wording is intended so it can just will carry over to when we have more than 4 to choose from. It does just make them look like they don't know what they're doing though.
    4 ships only makes the main fleet + 1 reinforcement, and I guess the event itself will be difficult enough that the reinforcement will be needed to win anyway - I have no problem with that. And what you said is exactly the point: it's so obvious that the term includes the opportunity for more ships of this category in the future, and when that happens, they won't have to change anything about the wording for the reoccurring event again. It's the same wording as for other newer events of the last time, so why is such a practice worth the mention at all?

Agreed. I think the easier wording to look less frustrating is something like "Using a fleet of 4 Bounty Hunter Ships"
  • Given that the announcement has changed multiple times, and "ANY four" when there are only four bh ships is quite frankly poor communication, would it be possible to get confirmation from someone with direct knowledge like @CG_TopHat that it's ALL four bh ships required?
  • Any 4 of the...4, what a complete and utter joke.
  • Mikayas wrote: »
    9hhi9ed5vlv9.png

How bad do you have to be at your job.... to fail to say 4 instead of 3. And then.... to refer to those 4 with "any" when there are "only" 4. How bad? Someone please tell me.

CG bad. And that's very bad.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • “Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. We’d like to now get you to buy packs to get this brand new ship before we get rid of the event for 4 months and have another party to dream up of a way we can stop you using it in various events”... take my cash now!
  • I really don't see why y'all are getting so mad that the post says any 4 BH ships. If y'all take two seconds to think why they would word it like that, you would realize that it can be used for future runs of the event without having to write a complete new post that specifies that you can also use any of the BH ships they might release later on. Seriously, calm down people.
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    FYI .... if the Millenium Falcon dropped before TW .... It wouldn't be usable in TW because they removed Han from TW ... things to think about as you are buying your packs to get it.

Edit: I see they changed their minds again and the ships were not removed .. please ignore.
  • Wait til you see the insult the pack is.
  • Says ANY four. Doesn’t say ALL four required.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • I've seen it ... 80 shards for the ship we all have at 7* ... CG is trolling us as always. Just like they did with the initial packs. Oh you have the crew member at 7* already, too bad, we are going to include shards of the pilot in the pack and raise the price.
  • The problem is that the hound’s tooth, xanadu blood and ig88’s shuttle all require the same energy. They will a looooong farm... :-/
    Let’s hope the « any 4 » means a 5th BH ship is coming and requires cantina or fleet energy. Zam had a ship? Embo? Aura? Jango?
  • I really don't see why y'all are getting so mad that the post says any 4 BH ships. If y'all take two seconds to think why they would word it like that, you would realize that it can be used for future runs of the event without having to write a complete new post that specifies that you can also use any of the BH ships they might release later on. Seriously, calm down people.

The fact that all it takes to "rewrite" this announcement in between the first and all future occurrences of this event is to add the word "any" later makes it hard for me to believe this line of reasoning.
    Considering the obvious risk involved coupled with the ongoing debacle that is the Community TW, this is an undeniable PR fail. Just look at the reactions anywhere else in this thread.
  • Well, it saves me time in game. Another event that’s unplayable due to requirements.

I’ve never once seen anyone use ig-88’s ship.
    Where are the Stun Guns?

• Gannon wrote: »
    Is anyone going to actually put money into this? 👀
    I know I won't..

Not a penny.

• CptCheez wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Gather ANY four ships from the Bounty Hunter Faction to hunt down this Legendary ship and earn blueprints of Han’s Millennium Falcon.

Can we confirm that the star level is not a requirement, since this would be a confusing clarification (given there are only 4 BH ships currently in the game)?

Star level is always a requirement in Legendary events. You'll need your ships to be 5* to enter Tier 5 of the event (and unlock the Falcon at 5*), your ships to be 6* to enter Tier 6 of the event, etc.

Not according to CG's promise, and we all know how much they hate breaking those!
  • GeitsTam wrote: »
    Now, if it the post was “use any Han as a pilot,” that would have been ok
    No, use any 2 of the following:
    Raid han, ST han, CHS, vet han, young han, chewie, CWC, vandor chewie, vet chewie, young lando, lando, L337, rey, and finn, and anyone else i missed
  • Everything went down as expected. The hype, the fail, the requirements. They play the music and we dance. See you all in 2 months when same thing happens. Enjoy the game, whales will be whales and already have it. Smart f2p will get it. I will go for 5* if I can, and if you didn’t get it. Start farming for next time!
  • Fleet events don't use 4 ships. It should be done with cargo ships not bounty hunter ships. What happened to the creators of this game they have no idea any more. GA is to long. TW has been destroyed. and now the millennium event is sub par and the C3po event was way to hard to get a 5 star toon, come on guys get out of holiday mode and back into rhythm. We want to love this game again.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I honestly don't know what everyone is so upset about here. It was pretty much known that the BH ships would be required, and the pack being offered seems about on par with other multi-character/ship shard packs.
    and now the millennium event is sub par

I too enjoy passing judgment on things nobody has actually seen yet. I hereby declare Darth Revan and Jedi Luke to be trash.

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I am assuming this event takes place during the empire strikes back, so obviously the clone wars bounty hunters are a no go. They said they would provide us with a capital ship but it would not make sense to give us excecutrix since tarkin was dead at the time. If we do get a new ship to use in the event it would have to be dengars since he is an ot bounty hunter, but he still doesn't have his ship
  • Ha ha ha ha oh man that was so bad it’s not even funny. Looking forward to three oops I mean four Clone Wars Chewbacca shards.
  • What four are you guys picking?
This discussion has been closed.