Checkup on the Sith Triumvirate Raid [MEGA]

15678911Next

Replies

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    I always finish top 5 in heroic and the rewards aren't that great. It seems like I get the same pieces of gear that I don't need every time just to pad it out.

If they made 5-10 the basis for rewards then there would be less incentive to participate (fun will never be the reason as it's never fun).

they give you 3 salvage and you need 40 to craft at that's SEVEN weeks almost two months to craft one G12 piece each char takes 3 G12 pieces (TOTALLY IGNORING G12+) this equals the ability to fully G12 a character at a rate of 2 per year.... so currently it would take 65 YEARS to G12 the roster if they never released a new character between now and 2086....

you can take yer 3 salvage drops on HSTR and shove it
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Yup HSR rewards suck, and they need to go up across the board, but there still needs to be that difference between top 10 and the rest.

Otherwise if rewards are too flat there's no incentive to participate, engagement drops and they can no longer blindly believe HSR is a success.
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    Yup HSR rewards suck, and they need to go up across the board, but there still needs to be that difference between top 10 and the rest.

Otherwise if rewards are too flat there's no incentive to participate, engagement drops and they can no longer blindly believe HSR is a success.

I totally disagree, the difference between the top 10 and rest of the raid just causes disention in the guild. Personally I’d rather post a zero then spend an hour or more using all my best teams to finish 11th. There’s no way the guy in 10th deserves to get full g12 and g12+ while the guy in 11th gets kittened on with 3 g12 salvage. Those top 10 people can’t solo the raid so why are the bottom 40 punished. We have flat reward in Tb and tw; it’s time to make all guild activities reward everyone the same. The only thing that should scale with rank in raids is the guild currency, because the people aiming for top 10 are still going to fight for top 10 to get that currency. But none of this matters because this model doesn’t make cg any money so it’ll never happen.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    On the flip side why should I spend months building strong raid teams just to get the same rewards as the guy who throws in a 0 reg?

If rewards were flatter across the board I'd auto a team and log off rather than fight for top 10.

The raid sucks, rewards are bad (at all levels), but CG loves their engagement numbers and the more incentive people have to fight the longer they stay engaged.
    On the flip side why should I spend months building strong raid teams just to get the same rewards as the guy who throws in a 0 reg?

If rewards were flatter across the board I'd auto a team and log off rather than fight for top 10.

The raid sucks, rewards are bad (at all levels), but CG loves their engagement numbers and the more incentive people have to fight the longer they stay engaged.

The same reason you get the same rewards for tw/Tb.... it’s a group effort and you can’t complete any of the guild activities alone.
  • Metroplex79
    832 posts Member
    edited January 2019

I feel the same way about the daily activities too.

The proportion of effort doesn't match the proportion of rewards. Granted, it's not supposed to be exactly proportional, but something a little more to reward players who do most of the heavy lifting is something that should be looked at...regardless if it's TB, TW, dailies, or Raids. A base reward for the Guild's outcome plus proportional-ish effort bonus.

As for the Sith Raid, I'm a Guild that does decent in all parts of the game. I find that we're way too good for Tier 5, but Tier 6 takes a little too long. At least the rewards in Tier 6 is better than 5.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member

The same reason you get the same rewards for tw/Tb.... it’s a group effort and you can’t complete any of the guild activities alone.

People who don't contribute in TW/TB get kicked. There's a difference between a 3 day or week long event and something that lasts a couple of hours.

Like I said, there are reasons why it is how it is, they're not going to flatten rewards for any raid.
  • UPDATE: We fixed the HSith raid but we fked u on TW, cheers!
  • Sooooo bout that sith raid...should we expect that certain characters/teams will be arbitrarily prohibited to make it “fun” and exciting?!

People who don't contribute in TW/TB get kicked. There's a difference between a 3 day or week long event and something that lasts a couple of hours.

Like I said, there are reasons why it is how it is, they're not going to flatten rewards for any raid.

You’re arguing that people in the top 10 contribute more, but that doesn’t make sense when you total the damage. Our last heroic sith ended last night with everyone in the top 10 doing > 20 mil. Quick math and that totals more than the total health of the raid. It doesn’t make sense to reward the few and punish the many for that phantom damage.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member

You’re arguing that people in the top 10 contribute more, but that doesn’t make sense when you total the damage. Our last heroic sith ended last night with everyone in the top 10 doing > 20 mil. Quick math and that totals more than the total health of the raid. It doesn’t make sense to reward the few and punish the many for that phantom damage.

No, I'm arguing a lot more than that. You're just focusing in on that one part of it.

I've said multiple times that rewards are bad across the board and need to be raised, I just don't agree that they should be flattened across the board.

You keep referring to finishing outside top 10 as a punishment. You wouldn't be arguing that if rewards outside top 10 were reasonable even if top 10 still got more.

No, I'm arguing a lot more than that. You're just focusing in on that one part of it.

I've said multiple times that rewards are bad across the board and need to be raised, I just don't agree that they should be flattened across the board.

You keep referring to finishing outside top 10 as a punishment. You wouldn't be arguing that if rewards outside top 10 were reasonable even if top 10 still got more.

With the current reward system it is punishment finishing outside the top 10. Spending an hour running your best team for crap rewards sucks. So yes we do agree that rewards overall need to be improved.
  • ThePadawanDuck
    2 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Hey there!
    Thracian Wolves is our guild - just hit 150M GP.
    I am surprised to see 120Mish GP guilds who dont do heroic Sith. We did it for the 1st time around 95M GP... but we farmed specific teams for like 6 months.
    Now we do it between 3 and 6 hrs depending on how bored the pack is.
    The prizes are totally RNG... had crafted g12 also in top 5 also outside of it.
  • Demerzel
    25 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    135M GP
    Takes 3-4h

As I already have a maxed out traya, my only incentive is to get in top 10 for the rewards.
    However, the time investment to get into top 10 is huge. If the whole raid takes 2-4h, i need to be alert during that period to post damage.

Give us some shorten mechanic, at least for guilds with full 7* Trayas, because spending 3h on a raid which has been live close to an year, every 3 days, i could go back to raiding in a pc mmo....

Maybe put a mechanic in, that in the 24h join period all members use a Traya 7*, like platoons in TB, the raid hp decreses by 90% or something
  • Demerzel wrote: »
    135M GP
    Takes 3-4h

As I already have a maxed out traya, my only incentive is to get in top 10 for the rewards.
    However, the time investment to get into top 10 is huge. If the whole raid takes 2-4h, i need to be alert during that period to post damage.

Give us some shorten mechanic, at least for guilds with full 7* Trayas, because spending 3h on a raid which has been live close to an year, every 3 days, i could go back to raiding in a pc mmo....

Maybe put a mechanic in, that in the 24h join period all members use a Traya 7*, like platoons in TB, the raid hp decreses by 90% or something

It becomes way faster once your guild upgrades their HSR teams, gets used to the mechanics/team gameplay and the participation of the guild is good. You'll actually have to hurry up to not miss a phase.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • We're finishing hstr in a couple of hours now, that'll probably decrease even further now that much of my guild has Revan.

Much of the guild is disheartened by the rewards they receive, myself included. If you score that juicy top 10, it's nice. If rng wasn't on your side, one of your fights took a little long, etc, here's a few scraps from the table.

Flatten the rewards for all raids. You pass the stage where top 10 were necessary to complete the raid after only a few runs (And even then, usually the top 10 couldn't have done it on their own in the initial stages).

If people just posting 0 is a big issue to you, just throw in a small bonus for damage milestones. 0 gets nothing extra, dealing at least 10% of the damage needed to kill the raid gets a bonus.

And bring back the eyeballs. I know plenty of people didn't care, and plenty of people posted that the didn't want mk8 biotech implant salvage removed from raids even though it's challenge gear (myself included). Still want them back in raid rewards. I don't buy the components anywhere near as much these days since I lack the salvage.
  • I've finished top 10 for a long time now. Probably the last 6 or 7 months. Never once got a full piece of G12+ gear. It's ridiculous. What's even more ridiculous is I keep getting the same G12+ salvage 80% of the time.

You guys, please, fix something. And take out the gear everyone have 1000s of. Obviously NO ONE needs it and this Raid should give players actual gear they need. It's literally "end game" content and you are giving us early-mid gear for completing it.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • So all I wanna know is if the 3PO loop is being closed any time soon?
  • 110m 49 member guild here, still stucked at VI, which is a 2-day thing.
    guild consists of a lot of casual gamers and the 10 strong mates we have are not able to carry the load (of course).

we do not have enough JTR and Nightsister teams. in fact, our last test ended at approximately 50% of phase 1.

it would be a huge relief to get over that hill (hSith), but I don‘t see us there within months.

I had quite some fear to lose strong mates to other guilds, but so far we stayed together, for most mates of the core its the only guild they have been member of.