The Galactic War: Update and Changes. (Merged Threads)

Replies

• Mc1
    306 posts Member
    Can anyone confirm if they reduced the credits and tokens? I paid no attention as I played through GW.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    I don't have Ugnaught (no reason to actively go for it). My GW was still really easy. Only one opponent leveled in the 60's, and the *'s and gear were meh at best. I'm lvl70 and running a full purple team with some *'s to go. I didn't know there was a change until I came on here just now.
  • I notice once you unlock ungnaught then GW is harder so don't unlock him
  • The update made it worse for me.
    Level 70, fully geared 5-7 * team in the first node.
    Yes, I'm level 70 myself with 6 lvl 70 characters, 5-7 *.
    But there is no way to beat 12 of these squads.
    Yesterday was kind of fair, started with lvl 64 and got harder.
    Don't know what they did, but if it stays like this, no GW for me.
  • ilyanor
    310 posts Member
    As a lev 70 with 10/12 chars maxed, i can say the update didn't change almost anything. First 3 battles with lev 60+ teams; from battle 3 to battle 9 lev 70 teams but no max stars on toons (this is changed); from battle8 to the end fulle maxed teams.. I hope for the new player there is a major change in their gameplay.
  • It needs to stay this way. Today I made it to 10th node for the first time in a while. Previously I was dead by node 6. Very wise move on EA's part because the whole game had become a major slog and not much fun. This at least lets people have half an hour where they're actually getting benefit for their time.
  • Worse for me too, I didn't finish yesterday, as the barrage of teams over my level was too much. Today I've hit a full 7*, maxed gear, level 70 team on Lumi, Sid, Poe, Chewie (leader) and JC. Wouldn't be too problematic if it wasn't for the fact that I'm level 53. This is node 6.
  • OwexBaill
    188 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    For me it got worse, facing a level 70 team 5-7* in the first node (which is much harder than before!).
    Even with my 6 level 70 characters, 5-7*, I won't be able to beat 12 of these squads.

Anyways.
    How about you? Are you happy with the results?
  • You need to give it more than one go before you make an opinion on it
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • today when i reset i still got lvl 70 team 5-7stars g7-g8 which i still need to beat 3 nodes before finish
    i am 62lvl and in top20 in arena, my power in arena is 21k. But the nodes before that where lower lvl or same, ill probably finish this GW as i beat 2-3 teams lvl70 before. But before this update i was getting almost always 65+ teams and only got 400-600 tokens. we will see in some days if GW is easier
  • Mirlat
    12 posts Member
    Before update i could clear GW almost every day (4/5) and now i end in half way (worst result ever) :(
  • Why? They said it got improved. So the impact should be visible immediately.
  • It got little easier from the start but the lasr 4 were truly a nightmare had to use 4 suicide squads and B team to make it trough
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Hmmm I'm not sure........

roEKKUg.png
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Much harder. Still haven't reached 70 as yet but node 3-9 all 7* level 70 gear maxed. Before I used to get lots of 70 gear maxed but they would be 4* or 5*. Now it's worse. But I'm hoping it gets better tomorrow. Oh and I think nodes 10-12 will be the same but I haven't managed to even pass 9 yet
  • I was still not able to beat it but, I did make it further this time. I have beat it four times in the past definitely hit a rough patch.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    DV_27 wrote: »
    Much harder. Still haven't reached 70 as yet but node 3-9 all 7* level 70 gear maxed. Before I used to get lots of 70 gear maxed but they would be 4* or 5*. Now it's worse. But I'm hoping it gets better tomorrow. Oh and I think nodes 10-12 will be the same but I haven't managed to even pass 9 yet

Edit- okay I've passed node 9, and the rest were all easier. Only one was maxed everything but it was a weak team. So I got 7 maxed teams from the 12. Still a bit worse than normal though because I'm not at 70 yet
  • Goosey
    15 posts Member
    I just did it as well but I did not experience this. I think you were just very unlucky.

I did get the usual opponents though - lots of lvl 70s towards the last few nodes with mainly 7 stars.

Yesterday I breezed through it today the 2nd last node took me half an hour and one dead char to make it through.

Has it become easier? Not sure to be honest but maybe they made it more linear. I had freewins until the last few nodes. It's meant to be hard but at least this time it got hard towards the end.

• The difficulty seems more linear. My second half was pretty tough but it now matches the difficulty I was facing from node 2-3 onwards before. To answer questions of credit/token change I'm not sure in any individual node but the total is correct.

Overall, I approve (though one day of playing does not an informed opinion make.)
  • Seemed more linear in mine today also..
  • The same
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Terrai
    117 posts Member
    Keeping toons lower than player level currently and plan to keep trying it for a while. Might just have been a tough pull today. http://imgur.com/Ko7GjCh

Here were my last few matches (I'm player lvl 70):
    http://imgur.com/uaK1ly1
    http://imgur.com/nNEQlfg
    http://imgur.com/nUcNiJ5
    http://imgur.com/gXqzSH5

Yeah, running lower power in arena I never had GW trouble before. If you're doing the same thing it's likely looking at level too. Anyway, we'll see what the next couple days look like.
  • Brom
    236 posts Member
    GW got harder for me. I'm level 56 and I had to fight 3 level 67 all purple gear teams. Needlessly to say, I retreated a lot and I had to sacrifice a lot of toons. My sid and lumi were the last men standing after the last node.
  • Terrai
    117 posts Member
    IgorDUDE wrote: »
    today when i reset i still got lvl 70 team 5-7stars g7-g8 which i still need to beat 3 nodes before finish
    i am 62lvl and in top20 in arena, my power in arena is 21k. But the nodes before that where lower lvl or same, ill probably finish this GW as i beat 2-3 teams lvl70 before. But before this update i was getting almost always 65+ teams and only got 400-600 tokens. we will see in some days if GW is easier

Yeah for people with higher arena power I'm assuming the change will make GW at least slightly easier. Good to hear its a little better for you.
  • Terrai
    117 posts Member
    I notice once you unlock ungnaught then GW is harder so don't unlock him

Ugnaught trolls are the best trolls in the galaxy.
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Chun wrote: »
    Well the patch increased GW difficulty dramatically for me, I could normally get through without too much problem, now I face tough groups from node 1.

Also has anyone else noticed the nerf to the money it dishes it out, for example nose 1 was 15k, now 7k.

It has always been 7k. There was a display bug previously where it was showing double everything (15k, but also 200 tokens on node 2, double ability mats...), but you only really got 7k, 100 tokens, 1 mat.

Payout is something like 7k - 15k - 25k - .... - 55k for the last node. Total 450k for the 12 rounds.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Today was a little tougher than the last few days (which were NOT easy). I did manage to finish though.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    roEKKUg.png
  • RU486 wrote: »
    roEKKUg.png

lol, wow... Sorry bro.

• Srsly... what are the mods in this forum doing?
    Only because 2 words are the same in the ****, or it says "GW", they merge multiple threads and create total chaos!
    I started a poll because I wanted to hear the experience other players made with the recent update. Obviously I am not allowed to that because someone created a topic with "GW" in it.
    Had nothing to do with my intention to gather information from other players.
    A similar thing happened yesterday, where my thread (that had a question that had nothing to do with the other thread) was merged with all the comments. Just lock it when it's too much, or against the rules or whatever.