The 8-mission Event Battles are way, way too difficult

I am maxed at level 85. 75% of my players are maxed out at 7 stars and at level 85, with fully upgraded gear and mods. The fact that players get annihilated within 4-5 missions of those 8-mission “event” battles is ridiculous. Come on EA, even it out. Give us a chance to annihilate the enemies for once. It’s weighted too heavily in favor of the enemies. Not fair

Replies

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Its not about having the toons at high level and gear, but how the toons interact as a team. Try a different leader or mods. At max gear/mods they should be a walk in the park
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Its not about having the toons at high level and gear, but how the toons interact as a team. Try a different leader or mods. At max gear/mods they should be a walk in the park

OP said nothing about gear levels. I'd assume if he's getting smoked he has poor gear levels compared to what they should be at as well as having a team that doesn't work super well together compared to other possibilities for the event.

As for the actual assault battles, I think they're great. The mythic tiers give actual challenges for high end players and the first few tiers all have the exact same rewards, so even if you can't beat the bonus tier, you're still able to get the same stuff, just not quite as much of it. The Tier I and Tier II battles are often quite easy and do allow you to simply go ahead and annihilate the enemies.
  • Someone should close this thread because it's a total crock of **** complaint.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Someone should close this thread because it's a total crock of **** complaint.

But then there'd be no threads here.

Hmmmm....
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Vertigo wrote: »

OP said nothing about gear levels. I'd assume if he's getting smoked he has poor gear levels compared to what they should be at as well as having a team that doesn't work super well together compared to other possibilities for the event.

As for the actual assault battles, I think they're great. The mythic tiers give actual challenges for high end players and the first few tiers all have the exact same rewards, so even if you can't beat the bonus tier, you're still able to get the same stuff, just not quite as much of it. The Tier I and Tier II battles are often quite easy and do allow you to simply go ahead and annihilate the enemies.

Sure, it’s a challenge the first 2-3 times round. But when u are putting the final tier on autoplay for 20min (which is longer than a rancor raid) there is clearly something which needs to be done. Will be great to see simming options.
  • As soon as I asked someone in my guild about the Ewok one, I beat it wuth 3* with no problem. They're not too hard, jthey require some simple strategy or a different line up ti wgat you expect is all.

These events are just way too long at 8 rounds and the first couple could easily be cut to make them more playable and less of a black hole of gameplay for limited rewards.
  • Change them to 2x waves.

Use the 4th and 8th wave.

Rest is boring filler anyway
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Vertigo wrote: »

OP said nothing about gear levels. I'd assume if he's getting smoked he has poor gear levels compared to what they should be at as well as having a team that doesn't work super well together compared to other possibilities for the event..
    He said he has fully upgraded gear/mods. I assumed he has his toons at g12. Figured he was using old school Jedi for Ground War assault battle, because that event is tough if you don't have Revan / GMY or Bastilla even at g12
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    Change them to 2x waves.

I enjoy playing through 8 encounters. Just auto if you don’t.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member

OP said nothing about gear levels. I'd assume if he's getting smoked he has poor gear levels compared to what they should be at as well as having a team that doesn't work super well together compared to other possibilities for the event..
    He said he has fully upgraded gear/mods. I assumed he has his toons at g12. Figured he was using old school Jedi for Ground War assault battle, because that event is tough if you don't have Revan / GMY or Bastilla even at g12

If I've learned anything from this forum it's that you shouldn't trust anyone who says it's fully upgraded unless they give you specific numbers lol. That being said, he's probably using all the older worse jedi, or maybe the older worse ewoks or some combination of the two.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Change them to 2x waves.

Then they would make those 2 tiers even harder and the OP would still have the same issues.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Change them to 2x waves.

Im more concerned about the time sink. Autoing the hardest mode takes more time than autoing an entire rancor raid. Total time taken to keep coming back to the phone to start the other levels on auto adds up to close to a full HAAT c3po auto run.

Will really like a sim option.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Yeah if you’re using Jedi you really need a defensive leader along with grandmaster yoda. Revan and bastila are obvious, but kenobi and Barris could probably also be used

Yoda needs to keep popping the unique event move and then spamming offense buffs to the rest of the team
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Change them to 2x waves.

Im more concerned about the time sink. Autoing the hardest mode takes more time than autoing an entire rancor raid. Total time taken to keep coming back to the phone to start the other levels on auto adds up to close to a full HAAT c3po auto run.

Will really like a sim option.

Sim option would be fine, and I know people don’t have enough time in their lives, but you do have to put in time to this game. It’s just another commitment, which is weird for me. I told my ex that I don’t like commitments...
  • My fear of commitment has kept me from being institutionalised.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.