Community Territory Wars Poll Results [MEGA]

Replies

• Comet19 wrote: »
    stephrad wrote: »
    EldelSable wrote: »
    It’s evident no one likes it

Nope, I love it and so do many others in the forums. Perhaps read some posts than looking for a confirmation biased review of people's take on TW... see my other responses why I think this is a great idea

I read your posts and I'm failing to see a coherent reason why we should be excited for FUN TW. Your responses completely ignore the concerns that a good 90% of people have been bringing up. "Many others?" I've seen maybe five others supporting this idea on the forums.
    Also, are we really going to compare the hostility to this TW to the hostility against women's suffrage in the 1880s-1900s? Really?

Comet, I second that...to compare the overwhelming majority against this ban, just trying to have a voice and make a difference, to the backwards ignorant people who were against a woman's right to vote, to have an opinion, to make a difference...it is insulting.
    They tried to silence women back then, but failed. We the community, male or female, will not be silenced now...
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Im happy revan and traya are gone, where's my god damned Han solo? NS zombie? Darth nihilus? Or jolle? What about Gk? The point isn't that whales can't use their rediculos god teams, it's that those that deserve the win are getting left to wave our flags on the sideline while those who have farmed less than best or more than 5 characters for one team are going to clean up.
    Why are they rewarding the stupid over the diligent
    Keep in mind, Revan, Traya, Nihilus, Jolee were voted out by the players. Han Solo and Enfys was taken out by the devs

Revan and traya were placed along side these characters to draw players to vote and ban the teams allowing f2p players and low speanders (again I consider myself the former but am technically the latter) to over come whales with strategic decisions and skill,
    I also noticed I got side tracked and didn't finish my original point.
    The Devs don't stick around without whales and low payers to pay they're bills
    However the whales ECT don't stick around and keep forking out cash without the f2p players, and low paying players, making it more than just a wallet war, when rich people wanna do that, they do it with Maclarens, not pretty starwars character models, that money is about basically where they get to beat the smart guy that still has some chance to win because they paid enough, and for the smart guy to beat that pay to win player by shear skill, as their goal
    Basically the competitive gaming community keeps the money rolling, this new idea of CG's damages competitive play as about a year of strategic planning has been dashed, which is about the time it took to properly implement for some players
  • Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    OK, per the devs, all of your GP will count for TW matchmaking, including the GP of banned characters.

This was from the update mega thread.

So if your guild is getting hit hard by the ban, you could face a huge deficit if your opponent's guild didn't focus on the banned toons and lost little gp from it.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    I can't wait for Darth Revan to arrive in the game. According to the forums, about 5 people are going to get him this time since everyone stopped spending!

I'm glad my arena shard, future TW, Grand Arena's won't have Darth Revan users at all
  • Hanu
    138 posts Member
    I have a few ideas
    1)Why not ban all toons gr12 and up
    2) ban all toons 1* and up
    3) ban all players that put time effort and money into this
    4) ban all toons lvl 2 and up

• Docx
    94 posts Member
    When he comes I will be able to get him, I spend until it costs 400 for refreshes so going forward I can back it down and maintain rank 1 in both arenas and save crystals.
  • 2 threads on Reddit about this total about 1k in up votes... gonna be fun checking in the morning. Already checked Google play for ranking. Night!
  • Let's ban all modded toons next time that's fun and fresh too.
    I can't wait for Darth Revan to arrive in the game. According to the forums, about 5 people are going to get him this time since everyone stopped spending!

I'm glad my arena shard, future TW, Grand Arena's won't have Darth Revan users at all

Truth is if you save crystals and skip trying to 7* your falcon you can probably get darth revan next month. I’ve saved 20k crystals up to this point, though it’s getting burned through now for the falcon
  • Hakalm
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I don’t even have a lot of the “high” tier characters, but I think this ban system is complete bkitten. As a 2.2m gp player who is about to unlock some of the higher tier characters with my guild, in honesty, it is fun going against harder guilds in TW. It pushes us to work on strategy and planning of attacks, while fueling our desire to reach the requirements for the top gear teams. In full agreement with removing this sort of change to TW.
    Kokie wrote: »
    Pretty sure your not alone with your anger

Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Balthasar666
    254 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Docx wrote: »
    When he comes I will be able to get him, I spend until it costs 400 for refreshes so going forward I can back it down and maintain rank 1 in both arenas and save crystals.

3.6 mill gp after 12 months doesnt sound like a wale at all if you actually play the game

so either you just invest money without actually playing the game or you think ~3k $ in 12 months is being a whale

or you just randonly bought marquees to 7 stars with no idea how you spend your money :)
  • Zizzyqorok wrote: »
    Let's ban all modded toons next time that's fun and fresh too.

I would definately say removing mods on Twar could be a very interesting nerf, this would impact nearly all players very evenly

That said the old rule stands

Never nerf the good characters
    Only buff the weak

The last Twar mix up with the useless characters getting boosted (Dooku was probably a bit much considering traya lead was available) was great fun, with mace Windu on my Jedi team, cup had a day in the sun, awesome
  • Zizzyqorok wrote: »
    Let's ban all modded toons next time that's fun and fresh too.

I would definately say removing mods on Twar could be a very interesting nerf, this would impact nearly all players very evenly

That said the old rule stands

Never nerf the good characters
    Only buff the weak

The last Twar mix up with the useless characters getting boosted (Dooku was probably a bit much considering traya lead was available) was great fun, with mace Windu on my Jedi team, cup had a day in the sun, awesome

I know. If they want "fun and playful," that's how you do it.
  • Hakalm
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I don’t even have a lot of the “high” tier characters, but I think this ban system is complete kitten. As a 2.2m gp player who is about to unlock some of the higher tier characters with my guild, in honesty, it is fun going against harder guilds in TW. It pushes us to work on strategy and planning of attacks and defense, while fueling our desire to reach the requirements for the top tier teams/characters. In full agreement with removing this sort of change to TW in future.

I think these changes are interesting and will stretch players rosters, however for those at lower tiers it will make TW basically a fight of horrible teams vs each other. I get that implementing this is for the “benefit” of top GP teams who can full clear each side, but us in the lower gp tiers will have extreme difficulties. My assumption will be that those guilds with multiple GP levels will organize and redistribute to have their top played from their highest guild level distribute to allow for unfair advantage and maximize rewards... Adding bonuses for different characters is a fun idea. It allows for renewals of past top tier arena teams to be revitalized.

My request like many others is to remove ban system and keep bonus system.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • t4h8fw6gz887.jpeg

Perfect perspective of this decision... and the upcoming TW.
  • Lol, All this for one TW ,. . Is so cute it’s comical
  • Kila1966 wrote: »
    I fully understand The frustration. However The solution is simple. Boycott TW.......

I'm questioning my participation with this game, tbh famalam.
  • TWGate
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    Please keep comments within the TOS (That means no profanity, no refund/compensation requests, no closing wallet posts, no boycotts or encouraging people not to play the game, no EA/DEV/CG/MOD bashing, no sexual references). Posts that violate will be edited or removed by mods. If you need to review what the rules are, I have posted the links below:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127295/forum-guidelines#latest

http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service

Shhhh I'm fishing for kittens here.
  • Oof. I won't pile on.

I don't like the idea of temporary bans or nerfs. Consider using a positive, instead of a negative.
  • The Ingame message is pure provocation.
  • Sad results. Likely our guild is either just joining to get loser rewars or ignoring whole TW and sitting it out. We are still voting it ourselves.

If you keep this up CG are you prepared to lose players that love TW?
  • My guild has pretty much said to put in SOLO CUP and call it a day with these rules.
  • So my favorite game mode occurs less often now and when it does come back it’s completely gutted....awesome 😑
  • Icuii
    16 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    You made a terrible decision. Quit trying to cover this up by deleting bad feedback, as I'm now leaving the game a bad review that cant be removed on google play.

If the development and administrative teams had foresight, you could have seen that Emperor Palpatine meta is predominantly used and this poll would create anticompetitive voting against other meta. I said this in advance of this poll and it happened. Nightsisters are banned, Traya is gone, Jedi are gimped, and Bounty Hunters are obliterated. This is ignorant and has created a negative and uncompetitive gameplay experience. Its the same team every day over and over again, this is not fun.

Thanks for wasting everyone's time including your own. I will not participate in TW until the decision is rectified.

You've taken players investments in the game and flushed them down the toilet in favor of cookie cutter meta. We did not want this update, hide all the posts you want to cover it up. You messed this up.
    Aethrwolf wrote: »
    Choices literally removed EVERY decent team I currently use. I totally don't care if we don't get enough guild members joining this time.
    Be creative. For example:

First Order Officer is banned but you can replace him with zeta Bariss or Dark Side Bastilla (gives +50% Defense/Tenacity to KRU)

I'm not going to give more ideas because I'm saving a lot of them but there is a lot of interesting toons you can use that you wouldn't use before

Not sure if Ultra is trying to sabotage other players by screwing up two potential teams, or truly doesn't know that Kylo Ren isn't Sith. Fallen Bastila's leader support ONLY applies to Sith in the leadership slot.

And First Order Officer AND FO Stormtrooper are both out. So that'll make the FO team a bit tricky, but if you've trained up FO SF Tie Fighter, then that's a potential option to maintain a full FO team. Captain Phasma being a generic leader is an option for a whole other team. So far I've been able to piece together about 15 teams I can use in this TW. But we shall see how that works across my whole guild.

Not to say this situation doesn't make me grumble, because it does. Giving us bonuses for certain characters is a cool thing, but taking away a substantial group of characters is bad juju.
    Aethrwolf wrote: »
    Choices literally removed EVERY decent team I currently use. I totally don't care if we don't get enough guild members joining this time.
    Be creative. For example:
    First Order Officer is banned but you can replace him with zeta Bariss or Dark Side Bastilla (gives +50% Defense/Tenacity to KRU)
    I'm not going to give more ideas because I'm saving a lot of them but there is a lot of interesting toons you can use that you wouldn't use before

Thats the team what i am thinking of right now lol
  • Thanks for all your feedback but we’re ignoring it anyway.

I dont understand why GA can’t be their playground
This discussion has been closed.