Anti Game

2Next

Replies

• Please end this anti-game! I have the sisters and I do not use the archer because I find this anti game ridiculous. qc6mnqoypzsc.jpg

If that is anti-game, then your post is anti-post.
    Congratulations: you are a Snowflake. Go tell your mother you deserve a participation trophy.
    I apologize on behalf of the rest of the community for not having previously informed you that this game - at times - takes more strategy than “der, der, attack.” Perhaps I am anti-insulting you. Who knows?

Instead of coming on the forum to whine like a child: try asking questions. S’okay, I’ll walk you through it:
    “Hey everyone, I’m having trouble beating this combo. I’m dead set on using this FO team to do it. Can you help me?”
    And someone knowledgeable on both NS and FO would reply with something like:
    “I think I can help you! Looking at your team’s health bars, and Acolyte’s health bars... She looks awfully weak, likely modded for offense with little to no bonus health. Since Kylo is the only one with an AoE ability, I’d mod him for Critical Chance, Critical Damage and Offense. Thrawn can give Kylo turns more often so when you use Kylo’s Lash Out ability, it will hit her very hard. But honestly there are better teams to use, and even switching out Thrawn for an AoE toon would be better options.”
    You would then thank me for the advice, and everyone would go on their merry way.

This is certainly what we need more of, helpful and constructive advice - which I applaud very much!
    Also though, it unfortunately has a bit of misinformation in it, in that in this particular case, Kylo Ren's Lash Out ability specifically CANNOT critically hit (but instead does bonus damage based on Critical Damage), so in this instance, modding for critical chance will not improve the situation. Not denying that Kylo's kit as a whole doesn't benefit from Critical Chance (although with the amount of Advantage a full FO line generates it is not entirely needed), just that specific ability.
    (Also, as previously mentioned, TM swapping from Thrawn to Kylo may not be ideal, as it will cleanse his debuffs and avoid the cool down reset portion of his kit, but TM swapping to FOST will allow you to use his ablilities to grant the entire team turn meter more often)
    Hope that helps!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    There is no question in your OP.

TVF we are in agreement. I’m glad to have given the op advice, but that’s simply because he had no grasp on the acolyte strategy, and it seemed a lot more like yet another criticism of fair game strategies.
  • God in heaven, what a sick people! It's just a post, what the hell is this carnival? Just crazy, ouch!

You sound crazy yourself
  • So you take a team with little aoe to fight a team that requires aoe and get upset?

Dis.

In the time it took to start the thread you could have just googled "how to defeat Nightsisters". And you would have had an answer to your issue within seconds.

Some people puzzle me.

• Everything has a strength and a weakness. Zombie/acolyte strength is against single target characters and weakness is AoE. Add more AoE and you will win. Complaining about this is like complaining about playing rock paper scissors because your scissors always loses to rock. Just play paper!

You are wrong about this. Similarly to how Enfys becomes immortal against CLS Han.

There's a difference between losing and a difference between forced time out. If acolyte zombie had the potential to win here there would be nothing wrong about it. But they don't win, they just don't lose so they time you out. There's something wrong with it.

I am advocate for having a counter that stops repeatable effects after they loop for so long with no response. So when Enfys or zombie keep getting hammered for like 50 times in a row and they don't even take a turn, there should be a counter that stops protection recovery or revives after that.

I respectfully disagree. The win condition for offense is to kill all toons on defense. If you cannot do that then you should not win. Thus, you need to assess each battle before entering to ensure you can meet the win condition.

I think it's fair that the defense gets an advantage in the win condition, as it has a severe disadvantage being controlled by the flawed AI.
    This. On offence, you have to win the fight. But the goal for the AI controlled defensive team is only to survive until the timer is done. They withstand to not let the enemy get past them, no need to wipe out every single attacker.
  • CombatCommander7
    466 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    Please end this anti-game! I have the sisters and I do not use the archer because I find this anti game ridiculous. qc6mnqoypzsc.jpg

Congratulations: you are a Snowflake. Go tell your mother you deserve a participation trophy.
    I apologize on behalf of the rest of the community for not having previously informed you that this game - at times - takes more strategy than “der, der, attack.” Perhaps I am anti-insulting you. Who knows?

Instead of coming on the forum to whine like a child: try asking questions. S’okay, I’ll walk you through it:
    “Hey everyone, I’m having trouble beating this combo. I’m dead set on using this FO team to do it. Can you help me?”
    “I think I can help you! Looking at your team’s health bars, and Acolyte’s health bars... She looks awfully weak, likely modded for offense with little to no bonus health. Since Kylo is the only one with an AoE ability, I’d mod him for Critical Chance, Critical Damage and Offense. Thrawn can give Kylo turns more often so when you use Kylo’s Lash Out ability, it will hit her very hard. But honestly there are better teams to use, and even switching out Thrawn for an AoE toon would be better options.”
    You would then thank me for the advice, and everyone would go on their merry way.
    TM swapping to FOST will allow you to use his ablilities to grant the entire team turn meter more often)
    Hope that helps!

Exactly what TheJefftm said.
    What you could also do is swap Thrawn for Executioner and let him get the Marching Orders from FOO.
    He will grant the whole team TM on a crit and when his health and likewise offense is high enough to oneshot Zombie with his special ability, you can spam that and give the whole team 10% turnmeter each time he hits, which will be a lot in that case, so that after some hits the whole team will be at 100% turnmeter. And then repeat until Acolythe was defeated by Masked Kylo's lashout.
    You may even put it on auto then, since special abilities are always prioritised by the AI.

Edit: Just saw that OP is using FOX, so putting in FOO for Thrawn would be the way to go here.
    The strategy I mentioned stays the same.
  • TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    Please end this anti-game! I have the sisters and I do not use the archer because I find this anti game ridiculous. qc6mnqoypzsc.jpg

TM swapping to FOST will allow you to use his ablilities to grant the entire team turn meter more often)
    Hope that helps!

Exactly what TheJefftm said.
    What you could also do is swap Thrawn for Executioner and let him get the Marching Orders from FOO.
    He will grant the whole team TM on a crit and when his health and likewise offense is high enough to oneshot Zombie with his special ability, you can spam that and give the whole team 10% turnmeter each time he hits, which will be a lot in that case, so that after some hits the whole team will be at 100% turnmeter. And then repeat until Acolythe was defeated by Masked Kylo's lashout.
    You may even put it on auto then, since special abilities are always prioritised by the AI.

Edit: Just saw that OP is using FOX, so putting in FOO for Thrawn would be the way to go here.
    The strategy I mentioned stays the same.

Show! Thanks, buddy, I'm going to evolve this char
  • CadoaBane wrote: »
    Everything has a strength and a weakness. Zombie/acolyte strength is against single target characters and weakness is AoE. Add more AoE and you will win. Complaining about this is like complaining about playing rock paper scissors because your scissors always loses to rock. Just play paper!

You are wrong about this. Similarly to how Enfys becomes immortal against CLS Han.

There's a difference between losing and a difference between forced time out. If acolyte zombie had the potential to win here there would be nothing wrong about it. But they don't win, they just don't lose so they time you out. There's something wrong with it.

I am advocate for having a counter that stops repeatable effects after they loop for so long with no response. So when Enfys or zombie keep getting hammered for like 50 times in a row and they don't even take a turn, there should be a counter that stops protection recovery or revives after that.

I respectfully disagree. The win condition for offense is to kill all toons on defense. If you cannot do that then you should not win. Thus, you need to assess each battle before entering to ensure you can meet the win condition.

I think it's fair that the defense gets an advantage in the win condition, as it has a severe disadvantage being controlled by the flawed AI.
    This. On offence, you have to win the fight. But the goal for the AI controlled defensive team is only to survive until the timer is done. They withstand to not let the enemy get past them, no need to wipe out every single attacker.

beauty! thank you. I'm still evolving this char, so I use the admiral for now.
  • Sion

Sion is very good, but I do not have that account :(
    But, thanks :)

This is certainly what we need more of, helpful and constructive advice - which I applaud very much!
    Also though, it unfortunately has a bit of misinformation in it, in that in this particular case, Kylo Ren's Lash Out ability specifically CANNOT critically hit (but instead does bonus damage based on Critical Damage), so in this instance, modding for critical chance will not improve the situation. Not denying that Kylo's kit as a whole doesn't benefit from Critical Chance (although with the amount of Advantage a full FO line generates it is not entirely needed), just that specific ability.
    (Also, as previously mentioned, TM swapping from Thrawn to Kylo may not be ideal, as it will cleanse his debuffs and avoid the cool down reset portion of his kit, but TM swapping to FOST will allow you to use his ablilities to grant the entire team turn meter more often)
    Hope that helps!

Yes, thanks my friend, i am tryiing to level up this char :)
  • Everything has a strength and a weakness. Zombie/acolyte strength is against single target characters and weakness is AoE. Add more AoE and you will win. Complaining about this is like complaining about playing rock paper scissors because your scissors always loses to rock. Just play paper!

exactly! Good text
  • Nihion wrote: »
    I use a very similar team, that combos no problem.

Replace Thrawn with Officer or Phasma and watch the turn meter flow.
    Then put all of your resources into Kylo. It takes me about 20 seconds when I get to that point to crush an upgraded (Acolyte?). But it’s truly all about the turn meter when it comes to KRU teams.

I'm evolving others, there I can use, but very good, thank you

Cls Han chewie 3po nihilus problem solved vs nest

Wow, really it's been over a year and you still can't beat that team. All you need is someone who can dispel, too bad we don't have any characters that can do that Huh?

Wow, really it's been over a year and you still can't beat that team. All you need is someone who can dispel, too bad we don't have any characters that can do that Huh?

:s boring boring
  • aperingo
    173 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I think there could be something wrong with your mods, Kylo's AOE should easily beat this, please don't look at my avatar... LOL!

Using different tactics to counter things is literally half the game. If you're calling that boring, why are you even playing? Literally all you have to do is run a team with some decent AoEs or a group dispel.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

Using different tactics to counter things is literally half the game.

Literally? ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Literally? ;)
    Literally. Which according to the dictionary also means figuratively.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Literally? ;)
    Literally. Which according to the dictionary also means figuratively.

I am literally throwing my dictionary in the fire right now.
  • TVF wrote: »
    But does that mean you are throwing your dictionary in the fire right now or that you're making a hyperbolic statement for effect?
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    But does that mean you are throwing your dictionary in the fire right now or that you're making a hyperbolic statement for effect?

Exactly.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for correcting the several strategy and modding mistakes in my post. I am ashamed and bow to your wisdom.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.