Should have given us Hondo for capital ship

I know he wasn’t chasing the falcon in the lore but that’s the basis of the game weird battles across generations Hondo would be a perfect capital ship to include the new debuff breach better

Replies

• Disclaimer : To not be confused with Holdo
  • I thought about that too and would love to have Hondo in the game! :) But then remembered that he has already allied with the rebellion at this time of lore, when his capital ship and crew were long gone.
  • I'd really rather have Jabba leading the BH/scoundrels.
    It makes more sense and he's an iconic character.
  • Yeah let’s have his sail barge flying in space... oh wait
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    TWings wrote: »
    I'd really rather have Jabba leading the BH/scoundrels.

The only ship connected to Jabba is his sail barge and it isn't space-worthy. Hondo is pretty much the only choice for a BH/scoundrel capital.
  • TWings
    59 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    It may not be "canon", but Jabba do have a spaceship named Star Jewel.
  • Yeah let’s have his sail barge flying in space... oh wait

Why not? We could open up a whole new area of the game for ground level ships. Moisture farmer Luke could have his new hope speeder, release endor Leia and scout trooper with their bikes, queen amidala could have a nice capital and jabba could have his sail barge as well. Sarlacc pit would be a sweet background for the fights. It would be great!
  • Talon Carde please, the Wild Karde
  • Citadel_of_Ricks
    229 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I was thinking the same thing about Hondo and they still might. Definitely doesn't fit quite right, but when has that ever stopped CG? It is a holotable game, so lots of connections are a stretch including using Luke to unlock Luke.

Hondo:
    - has a Pirate Saucer Mothership
    - had a Bounty Hunter love interest
    - was loosely involved with the Falcon (hilarious that I can't abbreviate the name of the ship from the game)
    - would very likely be characterized as a Scoundrel (scoundrels4life in clue)
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Hondo is iconic too
  • Got nothing against Hondo, but he doesn't fit that well. He's a mere pirate, while Jabba is a a true galactic crime boss with wealth and minions.
    Jabba's the one who put a bounty on Han, so basically he's the one who "hired" the bounty hunters. Star Jewel would be decent as a capital ship with its size and complement of shuttles and Z-95 Headhunters.
  • Hantal86
    217 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Nauros wrote: »

The only ship connected to Jabba is his sail barge and it isn't space-worthy. Hondo is pretty much the only choice for a BH/scoundrel capital.

You’re all forgetting the Errant Venture
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I’d love to have Hondo in game, he has been a favorite of mine for years...

But you know what might be even better?
    (Hang with me here)

What if they gave us the Eravana with Vet Han and Chewie as crew?

A non-combatant Capital could be kind of fun, just plenty of team heals, boosts, and maybe some tractor beam stuns (since that was the only ‘weapons’ emplacement she had, AFAIK).

More than that though, I’d love to have those two serve some other purpose than bottom of the barrel TW clean up duty and padding for my Smuggler events...
    Post edited by TheJEFFtm on
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Hondo will make CG more money than Jedi Luke IMO
  • Another option would be Aurra, since she had a blockade runner in legends.
  • Holdo will probably get a capital ship soon. I suggest building up resistance. It is where Star Wars is current in Hollywood. It would make sense for resistance to be more of a thing